Edgar David's Goggles

Sulph

Goodbye...
28 September 2003
Why does he wear those goggles?
Ive always been curious..

Last edited:
He was diagnosed with glaucoma, which can be quite a painful eye disease. It's completely treatable but in sport they are really fussy about possible infections etc, hence why players have to leave the field when they draw blood etc.

Last edited:
the glasses are used because the lights in the stadium and daylight harms his eyes however i read (not a rumour) that his glaucoma is almost completely gone and he wears the glasses because it's almost his trademark now

Basically what Joystick said. Davids suffers from acute closed-angle glaucoma resulting in sudden, complete blocking of fluid flowing out of the eye. Symptoms may include severe pain, nausea, vomiting, blurred vision. He can take medication to keep his eye's from losing water, but the medication contains certain items that are considered to be sports enhancers - therefore he wears the googles that keep his eyes from losing so much water.

I love Iceman's posts no matter what he says, cuz that avatar is priceless.

lol man i swear i wish i cud get some( not being disrespectful or ignorant to the severity of such a disease)

man i have seen him

in black --- orange lens
white ----- orange lens
navy blue --- white lens

i wish him well good luck eager edgar!!!!!!!!

lol id love to pick up his jersey with the goggles and walk into a public pitch looking just like him lmao

I reckon those rumours are bollocks because under FIFA laws he has to have a vaild reson for wearing them.

i tot he was colour blind ?!? weird....

but yea he does get paid for wearing em

Where did you hear that he gets paid? Th Rumour Mill perhaps???

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that pk9 my post was a question directly aimed at nike121's he get's paid for wearing them rumour...

yea i apologize as this may be a rumour but this is what i heard...

Davids no longer needed the goggles and was to stop wearing them, but the company that sponsors the goggles to him asked him to continue wearing them and as you know footballers get paid to wear sponsored stuff so like that davids get paid to wear the goggles.

i think beckham gets paid to wear the boots he does as well, pretty much alike the goggles thing. so it sounds right...

wat ya lot think

nike121 said:
yea i apologize as this may be a rumour but this is what i heard...

Davids no longer needed the goggles and was to stop wearing them, but the company that sponsors the goggles to him asked him to continue wearing them and as you know footballers get paid to wear sponsored stuff so like that davids get paid to wear the goggles.

i think beckham gets paid to wear the boots he does as well, pretty much alike the goggles thing. so it sounds right...

wat ya lot think

Eyewear is not permitted under FIFA rules unless you have a good valid reason. That's a fact! You can not compare football boots that are a necessity to the sport to eyewear which are not! Unless you're Edgar Davids of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
nike121 said:
lol id love to pick up his jersey with the goggles and walk into a public pitch looking just like him lmao
......at risk of a public beating, I presume? :mrgreen: :lol:

haha but it'd be fun to play against sum1 wearing goggles and hair like that lol look unique down here in hk

Back
Top Bottom