Effective corner?

KJK1LL3R

League 2
1 April 2005
Has anybody discovered a really effective corner in WE10 that is very successfull against human opponents? Since PES3 I have always found an effective corner that always works against my mates but I cant seem to score any in WE10! My mate seems to have found a type of corner but the thing I dont get is that he copied it from me, it is a near post inswinger with about half power bar but I am unsure if he presses any other buttons when taking the corner such as :r1: or :r2: . He scored every corner he got against me in a macth and he always seems to find the head of a team mate! I just wanted to know if anyone has found an effective corner tactic that has a good success rate against human opponents?

IF ANYBODY FINDS AN EFFECTIVE CORNER TO USE AGAINST HUMAN OPPONENTS PLEASE POST IT IN THIS THREAD! THANKS!

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that your mate had a tactic that guaranteed a goals against you.

I aint lying mate! It was possible in PES4 & WE9 to just use an inswinging corner to the near post whilst holding R1 and it nearly always caused problems for your human opponent! He does not score all the time but my mate has a very high success rate! There is bound to be someone else who has found a very effective corner against there mates or other human opponents?

I think that depends on the opponent and his skill. It`s effective against you but maybe not against others??

No I am normally good at defending corners! I cant believe you guys seem shocked that there might actually be a type of corner that is always difficult to defend against human opponents! I have definately read tips in the past on this website & pesinsight forums about effective corners that are successful! Whatever type of corner it is he takes, the man which I have control of changes cursor to somebody else & then his attacker is free! It happens nearly all the time & I think its got something to do with the position of the ball when it is played into the area!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about he's using a special technique, but he probably seeks out his free man. And the striker or whoever scores usually is good at headers. Just need bit of luck too, the position of player and ball. Sometimes when you think: oh, I got this one, you miss the ball entirely and sometimes you think: i can never reach that ball and then you score.

Defending corners is tricky though, cos even if you think you have the man marked it doesn't respond well. I dont' concede too many goals through corners myself, maybe 1 out of 10. but sometimes when it happens my defender don't stand a chance and just stands there without doing anything while I'm controlling him - I hate that.

I have startd 2 have success against the A.I by taking corners with players of the opposite foot e.g. left footed player taking right sidded corner. I aim for around the penalty spot & then I outswing it away from the keeper. My player gets the ball about four times out of ten which isn't too bad! There was a particular occassion where I scored three of these in a row but now it is not quite a good as that! Please could some people start posting some of their corner techniques!

what type of cursor do you use? manual, semi-auto or auto?
I use manual and rarely change my defender to someone else.

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told that using manual is very risky against human opponents so it set it to just 2 strokes away from manual! Could that be my problem?

Pass it short and get it to someone who can shoot

I usually pass it twice and shoot and score (you dont even need to look)

I can score like that 7 out of 10 times against the CPU.

If you have a tall strong CF (Adriano, Koller) just swing it to the center.

Corners are pretty easy to score with in WE10, but if youre having trouble then go for the short pass and see how you go.

I have to admit, this is one of the areas of my game that has taken a beating since switching from PES5 to WE10 and I need to improve.

I'm having a lot of trouble scoring from CK's in WE10 too where as I really didn't have this prob in PES5 or any of the previous versions I played.

joehax said:
Pass it short and get it to someone who can shoot

I usually pass it twice and shoot and score (you dont even need to look)

I can score like that 7 out of 10 times against the CPU.

If you have a tall strong CF (Adriano, Koller) just swing it to the center.

Corners are pretty easy to score with in WE10, but if youre having trouble then go for the short pass and see how you go.

Could you please explain your two short passes tactic in a little more detail. Do you just press pass as soon as you get a corner or do you move around to make the first pass go in a different direction? Also where do yo aim your second pass? Do you hit the second pass as soon as your player recieves the first pass from the corner? Have you ever tried this against a human opponent? Thanks!

2pass8kg.jpg

I play a 3-3-1-3 formation, which for me is 1 CF and 2 WFs as well as an OMF (almost a 5-1-4).

When I have a corner the box is usually full of attacking players, the idea with the short pass is to get the ball behind the defence to an unmarked player (usually a CMF or sometimes a OMF)and shoot as quickly as possible so the defence doesnt have time to block the ball.

There is some luck involved because it can be crowded, but a strong shot usually goes in.

If you're too slow it doesnt work.

Also note that the defender I put on the image is always there, sometimes he will intercept the pass (rarely) so try and mix it up a bit.

When I play against my friend, if he doenst intercept the ball then there isnt usally enough time for him to react to the 2nd pass and block the shot.

You can also dribble the ball up if you're confident and take the shot which can work if you dont have an unmarked player to pass to.

Hope that helps.

joehax said:
2pass8kg.jpg

I play a 3-3-1-3 formation, which for me is 1 CF and 2 WFs as well as an OMF (almost a 5-1-4).

When I have a corner the box is usually full of attacking players, the idea with the short pass is to get the ball behind the defence to an unmarked player (usually a CMF or sometimes a OMF)and shoot as quickly as possible so the defence doesnt have time to block the ball.

There is some luck involved because it can be crowded, but a strong shot usually goes in.

If you're too slow it doesnt work.

Also note that the defender I put on the image is always there, sometimes he will intercept the pass (rarely) so try and mix it up a bit.

When I play against my friend, if he doenst intercept the ball then there isnt usally enough time for him to react to the 2nd pass and block the shot.

You can also dribble the ball up if you're confident and take the shot which can work if you dont have an unmarked player to pass to.

Hope that helps.
Thank you very much that diagram is very helpful! Could I ask you how much power you put on the short pass from the corner & how much power do you put in the shot? Also what footed player do you use for the corner e.g. inswinger with left footer from left corner? Do you think this tactic is dependant on your formation?

Ah, the method used by joehax (in above diagram) works well in normal play/freekicks near the box too. I just don't like using it with corners.

just seek out your free man, doesn't matter how much power you use with shortpasses. shotpower from close up? no more than 40-50% or else you'll know what happens ;)

as for what kinda footed player you use for inswinger/outswingers: I don't think it matters, just use the player who can bend the ball and have a good pass. usually they are default, but let's say for Chelsea I always use Lampard to take em from both sides. But this is something personal, like freekicks every player takes em differently. I rather use Zidane over Beckham myself for example. (or even Figo when he was still with Real)

You have to move the defender while the ball in the air with R2 to defend corners, but still sometimes the cpu plays it too fast and there is no enough time to use it, so i dont really know a certain way to defend it all the time....

I am not worried about tips against the A.I! I mainly play against my mates! Once again tonight I lose a game that I should have won & its because my mate has this type of corner that he does! He always hits his right sided corners with Gerrard & he does an inswinging corner that falls perfectly to the head of a free team mate right in front of my goalkeeper for an easy header into the net! Before he has hit the corner, the only player I usually can control is ashley cole or one of my other defenders that are too far away from the box! Also even when I do manage to get a player to mark his attacker, he still wins that header right in front of goal! It is very annoying! It is definately not a problem with my defensive ability because corners are not a problem against my other mates! Its just this particular corner. He scored three in the same match against me again tonight! I will try to get a video of a few examples of him scoring from these corners & I will try to host them somewhere! Also I would like to tell JoeHax that his corner technique above doesn't work for me against human opponents but it is pretty good against A.I! I badly need help to defend these corners & I hope someone eventually finds a very effective method against human opponents!

I wonder if it's possible to take control of the goal keeper, using :l1: +:triangle: and just smash into the offensive player when players use an in-swinging corner. :lol: Seriously, though, if it is possible, the goal keeper may have a better chance. I'll try it myself. :)

Joehax's method works well against people. It fails when your oponent anticipates well, so try something different then.

If you can defend all other people's corners except for his. you can see how he takes them (we can't unless you provide a video), you should be able to figure it out by now if he scores so many against you. If you can't why don't you ask HIM instead of us.

now please stop crying about this so called invincible cornerkick.

Terryb47 said:
Joehax's method works well against people. It fails when your oponent anticipates well, so try something different then.

If you can defend all other people's corners except for his. you can see how he takes them (we can't unless you provide a video), you should be able to figure it out by now if he scores so many against you. If you can't why don't you ask HIM instead of us.

Joehax's method doesn't work against my friends
it's becoz we all do so when playing with computer:)
in 2v2 i can easily score from corners with header8)
his method also does not work very well against 6 starts computer

Terryb47 said:

Ok then I will try to get a video of it & show you guys what happens! I can describe it, he can only score them from right sided corners. He takes them with Steven Gerrard. As soon as the corner animation ends & he can take the corner, he taps the d-pad a cuple of times to the ringht so that he is aiming near the penalty spot, then he hits the corner in at about hallf or two thirds of the power guage. Then he outswings it with Gerrards right foot & he always just has someone standing there in the middle of the 6-yard line for a free header right in front of my goalkeeper! I am nearly sure that he just hits the cross & fdoesnt hold or press :r1: or :r2: , etc.

i think with the near post conner kick, u must use goalie to defend, and control the defender run to "sensitive position" too.
Good luck!

joehax method is very effective against AI but my human opponents are wise to it and always block short passes from set pieces and from corners I cannot get the pass out successfully. On this game height is very important (Germany are one of my favourites) so I try to select tall teams. Caricciolo (Palermo) and Zigic (Serbia) and two good strikers to have at corners.

One tip is when you have a tall player at the back post to hit around 2/3 power bar and then use an :x: flick on header back into the centre. This often gives someone a good opportunity.

Defending corners is impossible to do successfully all the time on 6* where CPU is very effective but I usually try to select my tallest defender and put him at the near post to clear shortish crosses and he can win maybe 50% of the time. But if it clears his head I am often in trouble ;)

press Start, choose commandlist, i think it will help you much :D.

KJK1LL3R said:
I am not worried about tips against the A.I! I mainly play against my mates! Once again tonight I lose a game that I should have won & its because my mate has this type of corner that he does! He always hits his right sided corners with Gerrard & he does an inswinging corner that falls perfectly to the head of a free team mate right in front of my goalkeeper for an easy header into the net! Before he has hit the corner, the only player I usually can control is ashley cole or one of my other defenders that are too far away from the box! Also even when I do manage to get a player to mark his attacker, he still wins that header right in front of goal! It is very annoying! It is definately not a problem with my defensive ability because corners are not a problem against my other mates! Its just this particular corner. He scored three in the same match against me again tonight! I will try to get a video of a few examples of him scoring from these corners & I will try to host them somewhere! Also I would like to tell JoeHax that his corner technique above doesn't work for me against human opponents but it is pretty good against A.I! I badly need help to defend these corners & I hope someone eventually finds a very effective method against human opponents!

You have to press R2, while the ball in the air, thats the best method to defend, and try to move the defender where he crosses the ball,it works aganist the cpu and humans

You can scroe directly from a croner kick, watch this video in that site; http://vuru.blog25.fc2.com/ its a game between milan and chelse (watch the thrid goal)

i dont know how he did it though

yes I have scored directly from a corner twice before in WE10 with Beckham but they were both in training! I may try to practice it! I must go & try to replicate that corner with Lampard in the exact same position! Thanks for providing the link to that video mate!

it's possible....it's easiest with curve 99 ppl...i always do it with Beckham...almost score 4 out of 5 times if he's red!!!

i learnt this from...WE7? or 8? forgot...but it's one of those which started the crazy curve in from Corner stuff.......a way that i do it is click left until it's facing the near post....then tap right three times(this comes with practise), and press O till it's at half way line....then it will go in...or keeper hit it out for free header.....i've also tried crossing it like that and Lampard runs infront of the goalie and heads in the open net too......

Goku are you talking about WE10? After you have hit the corner do you just hold left/right to curve towards the net or do you press up & left/right diagonally towards the net? Do you press your directions before the kick is taken or after it has been struck? Also do you hold any other buttons such as R1 or X to make the ball dip? I wish I knew what buttons the guy in that video was pressing! He aims in between two adboards & fills power bar at half but I dont know what buttons he is pressing if any!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom