Effective Use of the R2 Shot?

bertkamp16

Big Pun, G.O.A.T.
6 May 2002
South Carolina
Arsenal
After weeks and weeks of practice, I'm finally confident about how well I'm playing PES5. I'm now trying to throw the r2 shot into my bag of tricks, but I'm at a loss as to when it's best applied. The last few weeks I've basically been using it at random. Can anyone experienced in using the r2 shot give me some tips on when and what situations it can best be used? Thanks in advance :)

try using it just outside of the box when you are left or right from the goal...if you shoot the ball from the right with a left footed player, he will curl it in to the far corner and vice versa...i made some good looking goals like this with lampard and robben

and i always use the R2 button for corners and free kicks from the side..the curl on the ball is much better this way and you can really put the ball where you want it

the written myth of R2 AFTER the shot is wrong, at least in WE10. I was just playing a game with milan when I pass the keeper and I halt next to the line, with a very narrow angle and still a defender arriving to the goal. I halted the player with R2 and then, pressing R2 AS I pressed square sheva put a beautifull controled shot with the inside of his foot that curled a bit, passing over the tackling defender that tried to reach the ball and the goal.

This happened although konami instruccions state that you have to press after pressing square.

Mauras said:
the written myth of R2 AFTER the shot is wrong, at least in WE10. I was just playing a game with milan when I pass the keeper and I halt next to the line, with a very narrow angle and still a defender arriving to the goal. I halted the player with R2 and then, pressing R2 AS I pressed square sheva put a beautifull controled shot with the inside of his foot that curled a bit, passing over the tackling defender that tried to reach the ball and the goal.

This happened although konami instruccions state that you have to press after pressing square.

But isn't this a PES forum? I know for a fact that in PES 5, you press r2 AFTER square. I have the official guide.

Back
Top Bottom