eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for midnight to hit and turn Monday night into Tuesday morning to get this game fired up.
Girlfriend just got me a boxset of all Ratt albums and I haven't had them on yet, so for me the bad sound and commentary reports are quite literally music to my ears as I was planning on turning all the games volume down to christen my new CD's with anyways.

Will need to see this fouling thing for myself though, seeing some with the game say it's back to only the AI getting freekicks whilst others are saying it's fine but just toned down a bit from the demo. I'm a myclub player mostly, but not what a lot of you here would have pegged as the majority who want 100 mile an hour, ping pong, free flowing no foul fiestas. Demo really feels fantastic with the passing error and a lovely pace, some gorgeous animations to passing, first touch and crossing with the added error margin giving real reason and reward for trying to play some proper "fitbaw", as opposed to last years no error greased lightening crap (couldn't play the last 2-3 months as those patches just kept diluting and dumbing down every aspect of the gameplay).
Does anyone have a better understanding of this new matchday mode than I do though? I had been under the impression that (using what's been revealed as the debut for the mode being Germany Vs Netherlands), we would pick Germany and play against the users who picked Netherlands to accumulate points before the playoff round, then extra prizes (for myclub I'd assume) would be awarded based on the real winners of the match. But the match having been played already rules that out and the Pro Evo Facebook showed some screens the other day saying Myclub teams could be used in the mode too, pretty confused about this mode!?!

My last game I got 4 fouls given and 2 advantages so could be 6. Ball physics don't seem as loose... Streaming my last cup game now need to win to qualify

always been a lurker but this video made me register to post a reply, this camera really shows off the ball physics and overall gameplay, the AI seems to be better than the demo, I thinlk its fairly serviceable for a long ML campaign at this point although I still hope for further improvements

the other matches you streamed are equally amazing to watch, i'm in a bit disbelief how good this game is, gameplay wise anyway. I think its very hard for Konami to fuck up this year

Everyone can use them.. I have all the values just haven't had time to update transfers to do all the formation screens.

Maybe i should do some national teams now as they wont need like 5-6 transfers etc.. I get the game next week and everything will be easy by then.

Will you be starting a thread for formations like previous years? Or posting them on your website. If @goalgerd does make an OF i'll implement them myself, or for any OF really. Looks like i'll be playing a lot of ML this year.

It's almost certain I'll be on the podcasts while playing! I'm not sure good commentary is possible in a football game. It'd take an impossible number of lines to be recorded.

More importantly; have I found another Dandy on the forum?... :RSCARF:
It's almost certain I'll be on the podcasts while playing! I'm not sure good commentary is possible in a football game. It'd take an impossible number of lines to be recorded.

More importantly; have I found another Dandy on the forum?... :RSCARF:
Indeed...i have been on for ages but never posted. Cant wait till thursday to begin a masterleague and get that amc we need

Please don't close this thread.

£30+ for a rollercoaster ride game and a rollercoaster "they changed this...this is better..this is worse....blah blah for another year" thread

vs

free for no rollercoaster ride game and a calmer thread.

Of course if the game gets definitive positive feedback in the full game thread, I will consider an earlier purchase but as it stands, I will be playing the demo til discount and it would be nice to have this thread available for the demo-stayers to go to.

Get in!
Ps can we non full game losers still post our shit here?
Sorry stories on our miserable non full release life?

I'm still a non full game loser so I'll post this here.
Some of us talked about making the wall jump on free kicks the other day and shortly after I had this happen in my miserable non full release life:

Pretty damn cool to see this sort of deflection, didn't know that could happen!

Roll on midnight on Monday...I’ll be in bed... but Tuesday evening will be fun.
Just started new job so can’t take day off yet.

I'm still a non full game loser so I'll post this here.
Some of us talked about making the wall jump on free kicks the other day and shortly after I had this happen in my miserable non full release life:

Pretty damn cool to see this sort of deflection, didn't know that could happen!
Cool!

Fouls or not it's still the best pes in years.
Keepers pull off some insane saves and not in a cheaty kind of way, but they can still make the odd howler now and again
Arsenals keeper kicked it out under pressure only to hit Suarez on the back and it loop over his head
never had a goal like that ever in either game :APPLAUD:

I would say the only difference from the demo is the ref lets the game breathe a bit more. Not every exact infringement is called which I prefer. The speed for me is the same.

The thing that sticks out for me, and you can do this in the demo, is how the game feels. Play arsenal Vs Juventus and it's tight, no room and you have to be very careful with the ball. I think I played about 3 games and they all ended 0-0 but absolutely thrilling games. I then chose Boca J Vs River Plate and the difference was night and day - AI players were taking more risks doing little one touch moves and turns and again had a few thrilling games the difference being they were all like 3-2 or 4-1.

I also nearly scored an absolute screamer of a dipping shot from outside the box, had it went in might have needed a change of underwear.

I'll try and upload it, edit -

Last edited:
Just waiting on @PRO_TOO now.
You don’t have to wait any longer... ;)

Greetings from Atlantic City, to my evo-web family!! :)
5c23c789-c3ba-4c71-bc2kfg.jpeg

276192db-3c4c-412a-951kso.jpeg
I haven’t read anything here, just got your alert message! So I’m responding! ;)
I’ll be grabbing the game when I come back to Germany next weeks wednesday. I’ll let you guys know!!

Now it’s beach time again!! :)

Last edited:
You don’t have to wait any longer... ;)

Greetings from Atlantic City, to my evo-web family!! :)
5c23c789-c3ba-4c71-bc2kfg.jpeg

276192db-3c4c-412a-951kso.jpeg

I haven’t read anything here, just got your alert message! So I’m responding! ;)
I’ll be grabbing the game when I come back to Germany next weeks wednesday. I’ll let you guys know!!

Now it’s beach time again!! :)

Wow!
The first picture looks amazing!

Second one is just distasteful :BAN:

Hoped to sit down with the demo on PC.
Wired PS4 controller working for it before last week. I can also see it working in PES setup. Yet when I launch demo in steam it doesn't work.
Just tried with wired 360 controller. Not working either.
WTF happened to my demo?

Hoped to sit down with the demo on PC.
Wired PS4 controller working for it before last week. I can also see it working in PES setup. Yet when I launch demo in steam it doesn't work.
Just tried with wired 360 controller. Not working either.
WTF happened to my demo?

Check the settings.exe if the controller is set.

Btw, wrong thread^^

Check the settings.exe if the controller is set.

Btw, wrong thread^^

Yeh I tried that - I can see the controller image move in settings as I move the controller. Yet when I launch the game I can't get past the menu without touching the keyboard.

Anyways, I've given up now but as you rightly pointed out - wrong thread so I'll post up there if I come back to it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom