eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pes really has to refresh and add more playable modes

For starters, how about to first implement the modes that they once removed..., like the PES6 International Challenge, the role-playing factor was high in that one.

:YES:

This is when Pes will be unveiled

I can't think of another thing, considering some people already talked about Tuesday. The time, though, It's night time, here.

What if the "Konami Special Announcement" is actually "To hell with PES, we are not making more of those"?

In all seriousness though, I sure as shit wont be staying up for that. Interested to see what they got but Wednesday morning is fine

Last edited:
I remember people saying that last year during playtests and that is so far from the truth. Actually PA1 is one of the more restrictive and on rails since they introduced it. Last time it was good it was with Pes 2015.
Yup, that was the joke. We also heard that "PA2 is the new PA1" last year.

Yup, that was the joke. We also heard that "PA2 is the new PA1" last year.
Oh man, I'd forgotten about that chestnut...

But the problem is, everybody's looking at it from a different angle. Guys who play online 100% of the time are going to be used to playing on (and against) PA3, because why would you play on anything else if you have that online, hyper-competitive "the quality of the football itself doesn't really matter" mindset).

Suddenly they're on PA1 (the default) at a test event, and wow, passes aren't 100% perfect any more! (Just 90%...) Wow! It's like a whole new game!

If they invited me to an online playtest, I wouldn't be able to spot the slightest improvement (or downgrade), it'd all be new to me. It'd be like asking me what I thought about the neighbour's new curtains. I've never noticed the old ones, so what can I say?

Nobody is out to deceive anyone. I've seen guys come back from Gamescom impressed, only for the code to get faster (which always happens as animations are refined closer to release) and then get told they're paid off by Konami or whatever. When someone is paid, it's immediately obvious, and it's almost always a YouTuber paid to create promotional content and/or film themselves playing myClub, so A) us old farts won't even see it and B) it wouldn't affect us would it? We don't care about tricks, flicks and microtransactions.

But the problem is, everybody's looking at it from a different angle. Guys who play online 100% of the time are going to be used to playing on (and against) PA3, because why would you play on anything else if you have that online, hyper-competitive "the quality of the football itself doesn't really matter" mindset).

Suddenly they're on PA1 (the default) at a test event, and wow, passes aren't 100% perfect any more! (Just 90%...) Wow! It's like a whole new game!
Yes and no. Most of those guys play on PA2, and experiment occasionally with PA3, having begun the year with PA1 and finding it's not competitive enough. (Incidentally, I stubbornly refuse to play on anything other than PA1 online!)

So I think what happened last year is that they were noticing things like body position matter a bit more this year, and dodgy passes happen just a bit more frequently. In that respect, I think PA1 really was nerfed this year, but not in a way that always makes sense in terms of ball physics, and not that significantly. It's still not possible to send a ball into space with X on PA1 intentionally, but it can happen unintentionally. That's the main difference on 2017-2018, imo.

Nobody is out to deceive anyone. I've seen guys come back from Gamescom impressed, only for the code to get faster (which always happens as animations are refined closer to release) and then get told they're paid off by Konami or whatever. When someone is paid, it's immediately obvious, and it's almost always a YouTuber paid to create promotional content and/or film themselves playing myClub, so A) us old farts won't even see it and B) it wouldn't affect us would it? We don't care about tricks, flicks and microtransactions.
Hang on a minute, guys... Look at this guy defending ConArmy! Says most of the people who are probably shills aren't shills... I think we've found the REAL shill guys!!

/s

I think it will be esports and maybe street football related.

It definitely is esports related and once again everyone hyping himself for a new engine will be disappointed.

Don't you think if it was to be a new engine Adam would have it hyped much more than this?

I mean, when they said they were going to use the Fox Engine they made an article on Edge, two months before the actual game reveal.

Last edited:
It definitely is esports related and once again everyone hyping himself for a new engine will be disappointed.

Don't you think if it was to be a new engine Adam would have it hyped much more than this?

I mean, when they said they were going to use the Fox Engine they made an article on Edge, two months before the actual game reveal.

I still dont exclude the odds of a New Engine maybe bacause I want it so much to be true.

Im kind of tired of Fox Engine. I have seen more difference from a year tô the next one in previous generations. There were more changes from pés 2010 to 2011 for example than Ive ever seen from pés 2017-2019. The mechanics are the same and the series completly lost that old good feeling we had when we realized we needed to play for a whole week to start scoring some goals.

Football games these days as a whole dont educate us and thats the biggest problem. Players aré not forced to readapt to the New game and change their playstyle to succeed.

If You are good at pes 2017 You Will be good at pes 2019 and You Will most good alikely bet 2020, no learning curve.

Just pick up the fucking joystick and do Quick 1-2s passes from defence to attack and You easiky get on the easy spot to score. Pes games have been ALL the same.

The only gameplay experience I ever had on the current gen wich made me couldthink You could beat the opponent with some ease by playing more carefully against a cluless player who does what people usually do online was Pés 2018 online beta.

i do believe Pés team know How to develope a game that most of us would find enjoyable and more "mature". The problem is that they dont seem to Care anynore. They know that the type of medíocre gameplay we have today is what appeals to the massas on-line that throw a ridiculous amount of money in my club.

The biggest problem is the current game audiance. People like easy WINS, esse way tti score. They think in their mind making ping pong 1-2 passes and getting to opponent goals in a matter os secounds ALL the time make them good players, or sprinting all the time with Double pressure can easily steal the ball withn fouls.

We are aliens here. Pes community theses days is much bigger than we think. We are a drop in the ocean. Thats what we should undertand by now.

Last edited:
What are the general complaints Pés team get on twitter ? More Stadium licenses ? More legends ? Boots ? Online servers ? Cheaters ?

Id bet If they ever made any significant change to the passing mechanics by adding more errors, their official accounts would be flooded with "passing is broken" types of comments more than ALL the above complaints combined.

Forget about It. Pes is not for us anymore. The Sad truth.

Ive been red pilled. Im Free now. Zero expectations for pés 2020.

Just a reminder of Konami PR puppets and shills lies from last year:

Game speed was slow in the beta/demo --> patched into an arcadey mess
Fouls/Penalties/Injuries --> Still don't exist
Passing was free as a bird --> Total lie and even full manual is on rails now after the patches
Different types of shots --> All goals are laser guided missiles and the ai only shoots in the top corner
Handicap/Ai /Catch up bug --> Still present & AI low cross goals which is a joke
GK positioning/Def line depth and positioning --> zero improvement from 2018
ML improvements --> Still no injuries and other transfer/Logic issues that were never fixed

I'm expecting nothing to change and the cycle will continue, This is a rotten company and they're scamming their fanbase.

eFootball Livestream
Yikes, so the reveal will be all about the new clubs that they added for Pique's esports thingamajig. PES 2019 with more clubs for this "competition" that gets ~100 viewers for its final.
All while the competition's biggest "changes" are bringing back modes for 1996 and 2005. Seems like it's going to be a "great" year for footy games.

They look depressed lol.
I would too, if I worked for Konami.

I also play only PA1 online so the gameplay will feel more realistic with more error and i put the filter so i'm gonna paired with PA1 opponents only.But i don't know if it works 100%.I think sometimes if it doesn't find an opponent then it may find someone with PA2 or PA3.
I wish they would get rid of these two.PA1 is more than enough.
Actually after Datapack 6 the passes on PA1 are slower with even more error and it feels even more realistic.I like it more now.
Believe it or not,there are people online complaining that even PA3 is not accurate enough and that they can't pass well lol.

We will never get a sim game because of these clowns and the whole social media trend bullshit.
Also as long as the default online match time remains at 10 min,don't expect much more realism to be implemented in both games.It ''needs'' to be arcady enough and favor end to end ''exciting fun'' gameplay in order to produce enough chances in this short time.That's their mentality and that's what most people today want.Results as fast as possible and ''joy'' as fast as possible.Fuck learning curves and build up..

Last edited:
I also play only PA1 online so the gameplay will feel more realistic with more error and i put the filter so i'm gonna paired with PA1 opponents only.But i don't know if it works 100%.I think sometimes if it doesn't find an opponent then it may find someone with PA2 or PA3.
This. I don't think matchmaking works as accurately as it does on FIFA. It just seems to match you with whoever for the sake of a game and that's one of the reasons why i got turned off playing PES online. If it would strictly match you against manual or PA1 players only, and if the match making was streamlined so i didn't have to sit through countless menu's for the next match i might find it more tolerable.

FIFA at least nailed the convenience of playing online. With PES, Sometimes it's as bad as playing GTA online with the sheer amount of time wasted waiting to just get into a match.

Chems l'argentin on Twitter :

"Seriously !!! Innovations in several areas ... I promise you that there is something new, my God ball on the feet is :OH::OH:# PES2020 I swear it's not nonsense ❤️"

Chems l'argentin on Twitter :

"Seriously !!! Innovations in several areas ... I promise you that there is something new, my God ball on the feet is :OH::OH:# PES2020 I swear it's not nonsense ❤️"

I can’t get this latest trend with the #BELIEVE hashtags and those pleading quotes “please believe me”,”I promise “, “I swear I tell the truth” etc.
Wtf is this new marketing strategy ? Aiming to our sympathy emotions?? :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom