eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The turf is definitely off at the Allianz. Ugh, KONAMI could really do better.
I think its the same turf on all stadiums..
I've seen pics on twitter from Utd stadium and some other licensed stadium (dont remember which, doesnt matter).
They circled few bits of the turf, worn off spots. They were exactly the same on both..
I was paying attention to see if they are also on Alianz.
And as much as quality of the clip let me judge - I think its the exact same turf as on the others..

As for the gameplay - I decided to try not to comment on it until the demo. So I wont say anything.

I read it more like blaming an exaggerated fit of nostalgia which, at a closer look, doesn‘t really hold water.

ISSPE1 on the PS1 was my first PES experience and that felt really amazing (despite the tin-can-kicking sound whenever you hit the ball) but I remember that from the next version on, year in year out, I was shouting at the screen for the same reasons that still drive me mad today: catch-up logic, AI/scoreline scripting, outrageous ref decisions, on-rails feeling, silly team player runs (actually, as you all know, that function wasn‘t even available yet), the feeling of a puppet master orchestrating things in the background, über-precision, player switching issues, nerfing and exploits (like the increased likelihood of scoring/conceding during injury time of either half).

I frankly never understood the praise PES 5 or 6 got and still get, because like every other PES before and after, they had the exact same shit that we have since the dawn of the franchise. And they were fast as hell on top of it. And the visuals sucked. And the interface sucked. Their only merit was that compared to the mess the other game was it really felt like a super-duper advanced thing. And, of course, it was cool to position oneself as a true connoisseur: „Fifa is for boys, PES is for real men“ and all this idiocy.

It‘s only an opinion, of course. Perhaps I should replay it and cherish the true golden times of football gaming, gone forever, never to return. Sniff.

You dont underdtand ?

Its actually quite easy to understabd why Pes 5 were better than todays game (technology aside) and this hás nothing to do with nostalgia.

I think its the same turf on all stadiums..
I've seen pics on twitter from Utd stadium and some other licensed stadium (dont remember which, doesnt matter).
They circled few bits of the turf, worn off spots. They were exactly the same on both..
I was paying attention to see if they are also on Alianz.
And as much as quality of the clip let me judge - I think its the exact same turf as on the others..

As for the gameplay - I decided to try not to comment on it until the demo. So I wont say anything.
True. Won't say anything about the gameplay until I try it myself.
About the turf, KONAMI actually talked about better turfs this year, don't know when that went down the drain like the dynamic lighting and weather.

You dont underdtand ?

Its actually quite easy to understabd why Pes 5 were better than todays game (technology aside) and this hás nothing to do with nostalgia.

Lots of people can't understand or see the value in older things. It takes a certain mindset to be able to see the strengths of something that is visually outdated. You have it in World of Warcraft, where there is a lot of animosity towards the "Classic" community from the main player base because they feel it's somehow undermining their experience and choices. After probably a decade of people begging for Classic servers Blizzard/Activision finally agreed and it's releasing this summer. Similar thing happened with Runescape where they released a classic version and it ended up overtaking the main game. I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen in PES if they release a classic/remastered version of PES5 with full online support, online master league etc. Always people are just calling it nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses beforehand but the reality keeps proving them wrong, sometimes older games are just fundamentally better in how they engross the player.

Turfs use exactly the same file (the same pitch specular mask).
Only difference you might see are coming from the specific lighting config each stadium has. That's why some pitches might look brighter or darker, more or less green.

A big letdown for me this year. We should be at a point where turfs should look as realistic as faces do, since it's what you're looking at 90% of the time.

The lighting again...so dark, saturation.

In comparison:

vgMdFG.png

Q6gXKU.png

Can't they just hire the likes of @Chuny to get this right?

You have it in World of Warcraft, where there is a lot of animosity towards the "Classic" community from the main player base because they feel it's somehow undermining their experience and choices.
Apologies for Off Topic. Id love to hear more about this. WoW had me hooked for nearly two years at the beginning. I thought it was an amazing game. Used to love wonder around Tedrassil, Ashenvale and low lvl areas with no reason or purpose.. every expansion took a bit of its soul away.. cataclysm finished it off for me.

I don't really care if Allianz Arena is a exclusive to Pes or not, whether it's in fifa or not,what I care about is it well done?
I'm pretty sure it is,can't beat those konami stadium makers,I was really disappointed with the competitions stadiums,some aren't even created correct .
Fingers crossed Juve is in to

Becouse Fifa have la liga official license, if konami have la liga too they can keep tattoos to all teams

Mad to think that that's an actual rule.

Seriously, this world is f*cking mental. Licenses are the bane of computer sports gaming. For god's sake these clubs are being freely promoted globally, getting brand awareness out for free, their sponsors are getting free advertising around the entire world along with advertising boards. But no, you can't use our names, image, stadiums without getting a license and in an even more ridiculous move we will only sign up with one game exclusively rather than set a fee for anyone to use it.

Maybe we the consumer should start charging money for displaying advertising on our machines. While we're at it we can start charging clubs for wearing their advertising billboards they call shirts instead of paying them for the privilege.

Apologies for Off Topic. Id love to hear more about this. WoW had me hooked for nearly two years at the beginning. I thought it was an amazing game. Used to love wonder around Tedrassil, Ashenvale and low lvl areas with no reason or purpose.. every expansion took a bit of its soul away.. cataclysm finished it off for me.

Don't want to piss off the mods, there's loads of sites about it. I also played for a while but don't have time for that shit any more, but the parallels with PES I find quite interesting. Like it drifted so far from what made the original great that some people think it's effectively impossible to get back to the same level of enjoyment, no matter what the devs do, hence why they just gave up and campaigned for the original. (For years people said it was just nostalgia and would never happen). Sadly I think with PES it's just such a different fanbase, and Konami are so useless that it literally could never happen, but I guess I can dream. :((

Why the hell are Bayern’s kits luminous red?! For years now PES has fucked up every single red kit. Bayern’s kit isn’t that bright!

D_Nb8w4XkAAc6gA

D_Nb8xYXsAA9Y__

D_Nb8xCXYAcFJWx

D_NWb2oXoAERwTI

D_NWb3JWsAANTP0

D_NWb3xWkAAKoUl

D_NWhHDXYAAb7lL

D_NWRG9WsAA22Ac

D_NWRHeXUAA9w4I

D_NWRH3WwAEuxOe

I suppose these don't matter, as we're never going to get that quality ingame.
One thing Pes does really good is having also the correct neck shapes,width and length.Not only the faces.
Fifa doesn't put attention in such detail and they look the same.
Look how realistic Sule's bulked up neck looks in comparison to someone else.
It adds great variety.

Everything I saw in these videos so far, is same as Pes 2019.
Absolutely the same.

0% of improvements.
Look closer.
Also you can't feel things like fluidity,weight,inertia,etc unless you sit in front of your tv with a controller in your hands and playing the game yourself.

D_Nb8w4XkAAc6gA

D_Nb8xYXsAA9Y__

D_Nb8xCXYAcFJWx

D_NWb2oXoAERwTI

D_NWb3JWsAANTP0

D_NWb3xWkAAKoUl

D_NWhHDXYAAb7lL

D_NWRG9WsAA22Ac

D_NWRHeXUAA9w4I

D_NWRH3WwAEuxOe

I suppose these don't matter, as we're never going to get that quality ingame.

Sure. It's a render or a new engine. Look at shirts as well - great quality + 1000000x better model than currently used on PES. It looks fantastic, but I don't know why KONAMI showing it if it's not taken from the game. Same like stadiums with dynamic light (ha ha ha..) - it's rendered, not actual footage from the game. Liars.

Not that bad. But I still cry like a baby over the end of the Robben and Ribery era. Seeing Bayern without these two legends feels weird.

But it looks nice and it's great to have Bayern back in the game.

I reckon Robben and Ribery will still be in the game mate. They release PES with old squads which get updated in a day one patch/update. They should still be in the game under free agents (along with hundreds of other players). I don't mind how Konami do this tbh. Lots of players that end up as Free Agents in the game have ended up in the Bundesliga in real life, so it helps the Bundesliga option file makers. Plus we get heaps more players in Master League also.

Sure. It's a render or a new engine. Look at shirts as well - great quality + 1000000x better model than currently used on PES. It looks fantastic, but I don't know why KONAMI showing it if it's not taken from the game. Same like stadiums with dynamic light (ha ha ha..) - it's rendered, not actual footage from the game. Liars.

Yup. My theory is that they are using the new engine (which I think will come with PES 2021) for these images, because the lighting is spot on, the LOD is extremely good and textures are so sharp.

I'm more and more convinced that PES 2021 will come with a new engine by the minute.
Lucky me, @Lons will get me my PC copy via Steam :D

In Edit mode the faces always look good in PES, but in the game, with bad lights, shadows, and facial animation they looks like zombies.

Yup. My theory is that they are using the new engine (which I think will come with PES 2021) for these images, because the lighting is spot on, the LOD is extremely good and textures are so sharp.

I'm more and more convinced that PES 2021 will come with a new engine by the minute.
Lucky me, @Lons will get me my PC copy via Steam :D
I don't think it's a new engine. I think the images are just rendered on their 3D face/body/stadium scanning program with a very hires textures and amazing lighting.
It's possible that the current engine is capable of that quality in-game but the lighting and very hires textures might make the PS4 or some PCs crawl and need a lot more storage space.

Why are they showing these then, if they are not gonna use those in-game?
I think to let us know how capable and accurate their 3D scanning is.
It's also possible that they're trying to deceive the public, but I'm in a good mood so I'm not going that far.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom