eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the following clip new gameplay or just reuploaded footage we already know!?
Watching that makes me think we need a new button, defensively... "Pressure the nearest man", i.e. not just "pressure the ball-carrier".

I say that because there's a little moment at the start of the clip that I often struggle with, where (in all PES games) you...

A) Have to select the right defender (which may take a few attempts)

B) "Wake them up" (i.e. start moving them in the right direction, but turning animations take so long that it can take a second or two just to get them facing the right way), and finally

C) Try to follow the path of the guy you want to mark, without just running straight past him because your directional input is slightly off, wobbling left/right (in real life, you clearly see the guy and you can run straight towards him without ever "missing" and going the wrong way - after all, that's why the pressure button already acts as a lock-on system, so that you don't just speed past the attacker)

Here's the time-stamp (57 seconds):

Watching that makes me think we need a new button, defensively... "Pressure the nearest man", i.e. not just "pressure the ball-carrier".

I say that because there's a little moment at the start of the clip that I often struggle with, where (in all PES games) you...

A) Have to select the right defender (which may take a few attempts)

B) "Wake them up" (i.e. start moving them in the right direction, but turning animations take so long that it can take a second or two just to get them facing the right way), and finally

C) Try to follow the path of the guy you want to mark, without just running straight past him because your directional input is slightly off, wobbling left/right (in real life, you clearly see the guy and you can run straight towards him without ever "missing" and going the wrong way - after all, that's why the pressure button already acts as a lock-on system, so that you don't just speed past the attacker)

Here's the time-stamp (57 seconds):

i get your point, and again, a slower "in between animation" is needed for small steps!
in that situation i say: the user is heavy involved in that chaos. he's constantly switching players and as a result "pulling the player out of their AI movements" (wich is to hectic)! this brings me back to point 1. we need a small steps animation in between to stop this hectic "start'n'stop" motion!
its a mix of both here, imo.

Last edited:
is the following clip new gameplay or just reuploaded footage we already know!? i'm not sure.
It's a new video. You can definitely see the shooting errors so that's good. I just wonder why they didn't play with Bayern a as a "Home " team so we can see their fans behind the goal, decoration etc..isn't it enough with the constant legends gameplay, now we have to see them in the crowd aswell :D

If that's a custom created coach, and it probably is because I don't recognize him as a former pro coach, he looks miles better than last year with the cartoony customization. Maybe this is what PES meant when they said that there is greater manager customization and that they can capture more realistic body types.

If that's a custom created coach, and it probably is because I don't recognize him as a former pro coach, he looks miles better than last year with the cartoony customization. Maybe this is what PES meant when they said that there is greater manager customization and that they can capture more realistic body types.

Remember they went back on their words. They edited the official website and removed that bit about customizing managers.

If that's a custom created coach, and it probably is because I don't recognize him as a former pro coach, he looks miles better than last year with the cartoony customization.
The facial customisation for managers is the same as players, and I can't see them upgrading the generic face system for managers but not for players/officials/etc... Could be a "player liaison officer" or something. But, could be wrong.

The facial customisation for managers is the same as players, and I can't see them upgrading the generic face system for managers but not for players/officials/etc... Could be a "player liaison officer" or something. But, could be wrong.
Maybe

is the following clip new gameplay or just reuploaded footage we already know!? i'm not sure.

Is this the video that shows the incredible poor animations? Maybe it's poor if you compare it with real human motion...

About the pass accuracy: The new pass error system only takes care about the body angle.
This is the main reason why you can chain so many first touch pass.
The ball trajectory/speed/spin/bounces of the previous pass is overrided if you're facing correctly. The accuracy system hasn't any sensibility to ball physics.
It's something that must be developed on the future.

The new pass error system only takes care about the body angle.
The ball trajectory/speed/spin/bounces of the previous pass is overrided if you're facing correctly. The accuracy system hasn't any sensibility to ball physics.
This. This x1,000,000,000.

This is why the game looks and feels wrong to be able to effortlessly string perfectly straight, arrow-like passes together no matter the ball's trajectory or spin when it's kicked by the player.

It is incredibly basic, to the point where I worry about the new miskicks system. When you see the popup appear (in this video), the way it describes it is that, for example, volleys are prone to miskicks - but if the trajectory and spin of the cross isn't taken into account, how is a miskick calculated? I'm willing to bet it's applied randomly.

About the pass accuracy: The new pass error system only takes care about the body angle.

It makes it impossible for me to watch, if that's PA1 then it's unforgiveable. Every pass is perfectly flat and hard no matter whether its first time, volleyed, pressured, 180 degree etc. How was it possible to have realistic passing in a PS2 game 13 years ago but it's not now? In the WE9LE vid I posted it was a first time lay off that popped up and so Ashley Cole's subsequent first time pass took that into account and resulted in a slow/bobbly outcome, it shouldn't be that hard to replicate with modern tech. People act like because of 360 degree movement we are dealing with quantum mechanics in the modern era, it's still a three dimensional game where every player has an XYZ coordinate, there is no excuse for stuff like crap physics and poor AI, it's just a lack of attention to detail and/or knowledge/skill.

There was lots of confusion about this by the way they worded it so they changed it on the site
But how I got this was that they scanned tons of human models / faces for you to choose from as a Manager (Like that bald dude in the video)

Lets say like how you choose your F1 2019 driver from a lot of preset faces.
Next to that you can also choose the 8 legends models they will include like Cruyff / Maradona etc

Probably completely removing the generic face maker

There was lots of confusion about this by the way they worded it so they changed it on the site
But how I got this was that they scanned tons of human models / faces for you to choose from as a Manager (Like that bald dude in the video)

Lets say like how you choose your F1 2019 driver from a lot of preset faces.
Next to that you can also choose the 8 legends models they will include like Cruyff / Maradona etc

Probably completely removing the generic face maker
That sounds plausible, but I think it'd look strange when you place those preset, more realistic-looking manager faces next to the generic player faces that look absolutely dreadful and cartoon-esque.

Have we seen any generic players in the videos yet? Just wondering if they've been upgraded at all. Surely there'll be some in the old Palmeiras v Flamengo videos, for example. We'd have noticed if they'd changed, right?

And the most important thing regarding all detailed disscussion about gameplay...

It will be drasticly changed after the demo and then it will be changed almost every week after release.

I dont think that tweaking gameplay every week is ok.

Make a good testing, hear what players say during the demo, and let us have some consistent gameplay during the season.

Please stop buffing and nerfing and shit all over the place. If you have made trough pass a bit unusefull, let it stay that way for example. Not because it is better this or that way, but because I would like to feel l play a finished product and not some beta crap the whole year. The voices about all that stuff Konami has tweaked during the season are very diverse, and nobody is fully satisfied at the end.

I have managed my expectations so I know exactly what to expect from PES2020, so I am one of the few who look forward to see whats coming in the full release. I can sh*t all over '19 but I played more than the last 4 PES and enjoyed it (thank you to the PC modding community). I really, really hope that '20 can improve AI positioning,more midfield battles, less end to end.
I wouldnt expect PES'21 to be a drastic change from this. I can only hope for AI improvements.

The very last play of the game seems like such a decisive moment, and he fluffs it. I like some parts of this gameplay.

hmmm I'm still seeing nothing worthy of praise yet. a random thought I just had....it still baffles me that the gameplay clips and the demo don't have any commentary. WHY is that?! Not that its terribly important. I just can't think of a sensible reason for it..maddening.

Watch this new video, 2nd time we see a penalty made by the AI..and a beautiful goal by Lewandowski. AI plays definitely more varied it seems..seems more natural.

AI plays definitely more varied it seems..seems more natural.
You really think so? I just see the AI bypassing the midfield over and over again!

The human player is working hard to create chances (because they're on manual) and then the AI gets possession back, gets it to a defender with a clear path to a striker, and then just pumps it forward ASAP with no need to try any build-up play. Like this after the 3-minute mark:

There's even a damn backheel at the end of that sequence. The AI looks identical to me so far.

Long stride, small stride, abrupt stop. Repeat.

The animations in these videos are so poor. It's absolute chaos and the defensive errors are unforced. 90% of errors seem due to the user not being able to micromanage animations that cause players to vacate spots due to drastic body momentum changes.

Still - nice to finally see match on PA0. They always seems nicer to watch for me.
Correct me if im wrong, but its a 10mins match, 5mins halfs, right?
If that option will be in the demo, we will get more insight than last year.

Ai dribbling?

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom