eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Is there in any site exists good quality covers for ps4 discs with different clubs ?
P.S. Or may be somewhere on our forum ...

Is there in any site exists good quality covers for ps4 discs with different clubs ?
P.S. Or may be somewhere on our forum ...

You mean like pesuniverse did ?

https://www.pesuniverse.com/pes-2018-custom-covers/

If yes, i saw plenty good ps4 covers on twitter, usually made by some pes america latin community ( argentine, chile, brasil, colombia, etc ) but it really goes down so fast and it's a bit hard to dig it again.

Second season in ML with Man Utd. Game against Southampton in Old Trafford. Forced fine weather with Sider so that I don't have to suffer the pouring rain that occures 90 percent of the games (which only affects me, not AI). I tried at least 15 times to beat that mediocre shit team. Maybe more. Tried different tactics, different players. I managed to draw at best. Mostly lost. Southampton had lost both of their previous games. The amount of laughable crap that occured during this time was incredible:

- AI player reacts to my dribble before my player even starts to dribble.
- AI players using force pull to make my players start to stutter and lose the ball (they ran after me and get into a tussle without ever being close enough to touch my player.
- Second half always turning my defenders into over-fatigued amateurs that start leaving their post and for the AI attackers to make use of the space. Opponent making a sub to bring in a crap player that is naturally so slow that it looks ridiculous to watch him run. Animation suggest his slow, but the speed is Millennium Falcon -class.
- The overall animations start to get wobbly as if the AI changes it mind so fast that the game can't keep up. This results in players sliding on the grass without taking steps so that the AI can react to my movement.
- No AI player shows any sign of fatigue.
- Even the smallest of my tackles is a foul.
- My players run past the ball without taking it for no reason.
- AI players go through my players more than ever.
- My players have restricted directions to move so that they don't get to the ball before the AI. I press downwards, but the player runs down left or down right just long enough for the AI to take the ball.

This must be the "momentum" that the AI just happens to have. It's definitely not a scripted thing. It just happened by chance that I didn't manage to win the game not even once during all those tries.

I'd like Konami to ditch the player skill values. They don't mean shit during ML anyway. They should make it like Sensible Soccer back in the day. Just a name for a player and price to give some indication if he's shit or gold. At least throw away the overall values.

And most of all. Give as a shit meter so that we know at the start of the game that we're getting screwed. It would still suck, but at least we would know this was always going to be the case.

When I know this kind of crap happens, it's a lot less fun to even win. I know I win because the AI allowes it.

Or maybe this is the true DEMO game play. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

After going up to superstar I've also just noticed the severe 'momentum' some weaker AI teams seem to have.
Not sure how to feel about it, I've had times where I reloaded the save at least 5+ times to ultimately scrape a 1 - 0 win with tons of luck but it just didn't feel good to win. I feel the AI marking every player so tightly and tracking runs perfectly is so unrealistic when facing teams with players that are on average 70+ overall.
Not to mention the shoulder barges and shirt pulling the AI performs on my striker with BOTH central defenders when I pass the ball into him, just makes me go 'that is just utter bullshit' everytime it happens.
Perhaps I need to configure my formation and tactics more frequently when facing other teams (which makes sense) but it still won't help the things stated above.
I don't wanna go back to top player because I was destroying teams 6 - 0 almost every other game but I've been struggling to have fun playing on superstar difficulty, anyone else experienced the same thing?

After going up to superstar I've also just noticed the severe 'momentum' some weaker AI teams seem to have.
Not sure how to feel about it, I've had times where I reloaded the save at least 5+ times to ultimately scrape a 1 - 0 win with tons of luck but it just didn't feel good to win. I feel the AI marking every player so tightly and tracking runs perfectly is so unrealistic when facing teams with players that are on average 70+ overall.
Not to mention the shoulder barges and shirt pulling the AI performs on my striker with BOTH central defenders when I pass the ball into him, just makes me go 'that is just utter bullshit' everytime it happens.
Perhaps I need to configure my formation and tactics more frequently when facing other teams (which makes sense) but it still won't help the things stated above.
I don't wanna go back to top player because I was destroying teams 6 - 0 almost every other game but I've been struggling to have fun playing on superstar difficulty, anyone else experienced the same thing?
Ι am on the same league. Top Players becomes to easy after some games and a good TS. Superstar is more challenging but , despite i win most games, i do not like at all the football the CPU allows me to play!

Ι am on the same league. Top Players becomes to easy after some games and a good TS. Superstar is more challenging but , despite i win most games, i do not like at all the football the CPU allows me to play!

Yeah it just seems to keep on getting worse and worse, 71 rated striker with 69 for jumping constantly beating Maguire for longballs might just make me uninstall it and get FIFA

I wish we could have the Attacking AI of Superstar but the chill of professional.

Superstar doesn't even resemble real football, Your literally playing against a machine that executes all decisions perfectly, Deploys kamikaze cocaine pressing & your team gets nerfed & becomes unresponsive & lethargic.

I'm getting angry just writing this, that's how unhealthy Superstar is. I play PA0 on professional & haven't felt frustrated since.

I wish we could have the Attacking AI of Superstar but the chill of professional.

Superstar doesn't even resemble real football, Your literally playing against a machine that executes all decisions perfectly, Deploys kamikaze cocaine pressing & your team gets nerfed & becomes unresponsive & lethargic.

I'm getting angry just writing this, that's how unhealthy Superstar is. I play PA0 on professional & haven't felt frustrated since.
Same in the other game. "Professional" seems to be the "realism" mode, but with no challenge (on PA1/assisted anyway, which I feel offers the most realistic representation of a player's abilities).

Neither game seems capable of providing a challenge without both turning the players into aliens, and removing all football realism from the game (making players psychic, and tiki-taka easy).

My question is - is this because the code isn't complex enough, because the processing power doesn't allow it to be? Or... Is it because AI is developed purely with the online game in mind now (hence why, in PES, your defenders occasionally step out of the way on purpose, and in the other game, defenders are total mannequins)?

My fear is that it's the latter. In which case, it will never change.

Hi, somebody can recomend me nice turf for pes2020? In my opinion all patches with turfs i saw is unrealistic and ugly, i like turfs from pes 2017,16,15

Same in the other game. "Professional" seems to be the "realism" mode, but with no challenge (on PA1/assisted anyway, which I feel offers the most realistic representation of a player's abilities).

Neither game seems capable of providing a challenge without both turning the players into aliens, and removing all football realism from the game (making players psychic, and tiki-taka easy).

My question is - is this because the code isn't complex enough, because the processing power doesn't allow it to be? Or... Is it because AI is developed purely with the online game in mind now (hence why, in PES, your defenders occasionally step out of the way on purpose, and in the other game, defenders are total mannequins)?

My fear is that it's the latter. In which case, it will never change.

I think it's because they don't fucking test their games from A to Z before release.
If they knew the game inside out, they'd realize just how dumb the AI is up to Professional, and just how frustrating it becomes from Top Player to whatever the other two difficulties are.

Last edited:
I wish PES had goal line technology. The ball hit the crossbar, spun down and bounced here before bouncing back out of the goal. It was given as a goal but I'm not sure it should have counted. What do you think? Should it have been disallowed?

goalornogoal.jpg

Hi, somebody can recomend me nice turf for pes2020? In my opinion all patches with turfs i saw is unrealistic and ugly, i like turfs from pes 2017,16,15
See Endo's turf, pretty much the standard turf the community use, now if you like it or not that a matter of taste.

I wish PES had goal line technology. The ball hit the crossbar, spun down and bounced here before bouncing back out of the goal. It was given as a goal but I'm not sure it should have counted. What do you think? Should it have been disallowed?

View attachment 31041

I've always believed that as long as the bottom of the ball that makes contact with the ground completely crosses the line then it should be classed a goal. I also think that most of the ball should be inside the arc of the corner flag area in a real game.

Guys

I play pes2020 with family sharing with my brother...he own it and i am the borrower....but suddenly steam updated me to lite version....tried integrity verification..but no luck...any suggestion?
Go to this link: https://store.steampowered.com/account/licenses
Log in using your account and "remove" your pes2020 lite license. You should be able to play the shared full game again. Let me know if this worked for you.

Last edited:

I feel the same way you do, I can only win on Superstar about 30% of the time and usually it's down to luck. I don't know if I have ever won a match on Legend unless I was using the European Classics (Cruijf, Figo, Nedved, Totti, Beckham, Kahn, Iniesta).

However I see Spoony Pizzas and The True Brits winning on Superstar and going top of the table and they can even win a fair amount on Legend. What am I doing wrong?

I feel the same way you do, I can only win on Superstar about 30% of the time and usually it's down to luck. I don't know if I have ever won a match on Legend unless I was using the European Classics (Cruijf, Figo, Nedved, Totti, Beckham, Kahn, Iniesta).

However I see Spoony Pizzas and The True Brits winning on Superstar and going top of the table and they can even win a fair amount on Legend. What am I doing wrong?
You are trying to play football. That's what you are doing wrong.

You are trying to play football. That's what you are doing wrong.
That's where i reside with the modern PES & FIFA, They're good video games but they're not very good Football games.

They are basically Forza Horizon to Racing games or Call of Duty to FPS's. It's a juxtaposition of realistic graphics but accessible, inclusive game play to all demographics. Not inherently a bad thing, Just don't lie about it and tell me it's a sim when we know it isn't.

Amateur question here sorry... If I've got PES 2020 set up perfectly on PC (installed the last DP, applied the mods I like etc.), as of January - then blocked the internet so that live updates etc. won't mess up the data... Then DP4 comes out and everyone tells me the gameplay's better, so I need to update the game...

What choices do I have? Will downloading the update break everything? Can I just restore the previous data if it does (I don't care about missing any transfers) or will the new EXE require a new data structure? Will Sider stop working?

Backup your current .exe too - after DP4 is applied, netblock and revert back all you have backed-up - dpfilelist.bin, save folder, .exe file. If that doesn't help you're screwed until tools and patches are updated to be DP4 compatible

Amateur question here sorry... If I've got PES 2020 set up perfectly on PC (installed the last DP, applied the mods I like etc.), as of January - then blocked the internet so that live updates etc. won't mess up the data... Then DP4 comes out and everyone tells me the gameplay's better, so I need to update the game...

What choices do I have? Will downloading the update break everything? Can I just restore the previous data if it does (I don't care about missing any transfers) or will the new EXE require a new data structure? Will Sider stop working?

Konami updates break Sider sometimes, but not all of the time.

Konami update always breaks a patches database.

When You do launch game after any update, launch vanilla version without Sider, so that DLC is implemented properly.

KEY IS, back up Your current pes.exe &, Konami folder,so that in the interim You can at least maintain current game until
Sider & patches are updated if they are needed to be,by placing the former .exe and EDIT00000000 back in respective folders.

IF Sider still functions, You can use nesa24 option file changer to make EDIT00000000 compatible with new DLC & exe version for immediate continuity.

And as for sider itself, keep it installed separately from the games actual folder.

Back
Top Bottom