eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

So I've just update dto the latest patch.

Sorry... What am I looking at here??? What's it supposed to have done? It's still a pressure fest, it's still predictable, I'm still getting no fouls in the box (should have been 2 in my last match) in fact got no fouls what so ever.

Bland. Bland. Bland. Nothing has been addressed, nothing. Think it's time to remove this game or go back to 1.0 until Konami fix this shambles.

@Negatrev Thanks for posting the vids of the shot fakes a few pages ago, appreciate you taking the time to do so, only just seen them as been busy the last week or so.
Unfortunately my opinion still stands that shot/pass/cross fakes are broken.

Your 3 examples showed only once where you made a yard of space for a shot, the other 2 resulted in fouls.
I'm not on about drawing fouls, I'm on about successfully selling the defender with a shot fake, then burst of direction to go past him, I don't expect it to work every time, but can honestly say it works 0.0003% of the time for me, the player just sticks out a leg reads the feint every time then takes the ball.

Also the physicality/referee logic/collision detection in this game is so broken its ridiculous.
My players are constantly smashed to the floor by the COM, yet they have invisible force fields around them and even 3 of my players aggressively pressuring cant get the ball from a COM player.
Add in to that the piss poor ref decisions, that gives COM fouls all over the pitch, yet GBH on my player is never given.

When the COM handicaps your players, boosts its own, and still can't win, it results to out and out blatant cheating by disabling my control inputs.
As you see in the example below recorded last night, the Villa player plays a raking through ball through the centre of my defence, I switch control to my CB Hilton, who you can clearly see by the blue cursor above him, that I have active control of him, I move to easily intercept the ball, and as I do so, the COM freezes my inputs and makes my player suddenly stop and not take the ball, giving its own player the chance to score an easy goal.

Its crap like this that ruins this game.

Check my video I made a couple days ago. Isnt this what you are looking for?

That shows quite a variety of situations.

1.2 and 1.3 is shit.gameplay on 1.0 is near perfect.tell the developers we want 1.0 patch gameplay with improved ai repsonsivess for patch at end of october.also make option file avaiable for 1.0 because 1.2 and 1.3 is shit in comparison

One thing that does bug me about the game and I know this may sound a bit trivial but what is it with the sound effects of the refs whistle. It sounds like bloody sensible soccer form the mega drive era.

Surely the developers can find a more suitable and realistic sound for the refs whistle or is it just me.
Doesn't it bug you that the referee does not move his hands almost at all and he doesn't make any signal, who takes the throw in, corner kicks, goal kicks, etc.?

So I've just update dto the latest patch.

Sorry... What am I looking at here??? What's it supposed to have done? It's still a pressure fest, it's still predictable, I'm still getting no fouls in the box (should have been 2 in my last match) in fact got no fouls what so ever.

Bland. Bland. Bland. Nothing has been addressed, nothing. Think it's time to remove this game or go back to 1.0 until Konami fix this shambles.
I play on professional with the latest patch. I play only master league and i get between just 1 and 6 "official fouls" from the AI. I've gotten 2 penalties already but no red cards. I've also had the ref not give me blatant pens and many many fouls.

There are fouls in the game especially when you dribble at speed but the referee logic is still broken. I don't expect all fouls to be given but there definitely needs to be less biased referee logic. Everytime and i mean every time i foul the AI, its given.

Thats a clear programmed bias against the user. Ruins the immersion and makes me feel cheated. Home or away, it doesn't matter. The AI can choose to cheat. With fouls and loose ball that shouldn't be loose balls.

I love, love, love this game.

This felt like football: using pause and burst of speed plus deft touches to dribble past a player. Lovely. The ball felt so free.

Nice fake shot that earned a yard of space to shoot ;)

And this... I don't know what to call it but I loved it. So random, so free, not on rails.

You sir must surely be a troll, I can't believe that someone who played the PES of this gen would say that
obviously you don't play the game online.
it's the worst.
I'd say it's pre-Alpha at best. It's clear no QA was done one this game.

I m playing on 1.3 top player speed -1. To my surprise i got 2 penalties and a ref card in master league. Positive. But it seems that on this speed ai is toothless. Not d same could be said in speed 1 .ai is a demon pressure galore. Negative to say d least.ai perfect tackles and no dribbles possible on speed 1. Has anyone felt the same?

Do PES Universe option files ever become free? Not that fussed about getting V2 but would if it was.

Doesn't it bug you that the referee does not move his hands almost at all and he doesn't make any signal, who takes the throw in, corner kicks, goal kicks, etc.?

Willie Collum, Scotland's top-rated and worst referee, doesn't signal in real life. That every PES referee is like Willie Collum makes my blood boil.

Last edited:
Do PES Universe option files ever become free? Not that fussed about getting V2 but would if it was.

Willie Collum, Scotland's top-rated and worst referee, doesn't signal in real life. That every PES referee is like Willie Collum makes my blood boil.
It is irritating , cause combined with the screen that becomes black when the ball gets out for throw in, it becomes annoying to wait for the new screen to load, to know who takes the throw-in.

Many people on Steam reviews complaining and negatively reviewing the game because it's not like Pes 2019, i don't even understand what they found it was better in that game.

Ball physics was worse
Scripting was much worse
CPU variety was much worse
Graphics were worse
Master League was worse
Online was more or less on par but you couldn't refuse to be paired with an opponent with shitty connection, now you can.

Many people on Steam reviews complaining and negatively reviewing the game because it's not like Pes 2019, i don't even understand what they found it was better in that game.

Ball physics was worse
Scripting was much worse
CPU variety was much worse
Graphics were worse
Master League was worse
Online was more or less on par but you couldn't refuse to be paired with an opponent with shitty connection, now you can.
I will add that the player individuality/stats' effects are better now. And i actually have come to like the soundtrack quite a bit, just missing the Blondie song from 2018... And the menus! They are way better in my opinion. The main menu is made cleverly. I'm particularly greatful to not be fed myclub ads whenever the console is connected to internet, plus the loading is pretty fast. Strange that not many people praise the menus after so much displeasure in previous games.

I m playing on 1.3 top player speed -1. To my surprise i got 2 penalties and a ref card in master league. Positive. But it seems that on this speed ai is toothless. Not d same could be said in speed 1 .ai is a demon pressure galore. Negative to say d least.ai perfect tackles and no dribbles possible on speed 1. Has anyone felt the same?
Yes definetely game speed changes difficulty.. i play +1 or 0 due to stadium and pitch conditions.. sometimes 0 is so clumsy that i change to +1 .. i create more but cpu creates more too with winning perfect tackles

I took off all the shackles from my teams... my game is deep defensive line free now! :D took me a while but I think it’s worth it. Spotify and some nice 70s and 80s music helped a lot doing the same edit routine over and over again... ;)

I set my games to 20 min. now, same way I was playing 2019 and 2018. it unfolds so much better for me, I don’t feel the clock running and putting me under pressure like when it’s 15 or 10 min.! Maybe the game flows a little bit different the longer you play but I don’t wanna start placebo talk here.
Another bonus: when Drury says „over time of 3 min“ (for example), I can actually use that overtime. In 10 or 15 min games it’s so fast that i panic a little sometimes and can’t manage to create that final attack. Much better for me when there is actual over time that can be used. This is a huge immersion thing for me, but hey, I know I’m not the norm. :D

Over the last days I really upped my long/high cross game. I never had a PES game on PS4 that teached me so much new stuff or got me forget/forced me to let go of some of my habits/muscle memory. And as i play my long balls different now, they are more successful and I get to see a lot of awesome scenes on the pitch.
My dribbling got better over the last 4 weeks as well. I’m by far not perfect in it, but I’m more successful and I try a lot of different things.
I changed some of my PES playing style and it worked out well so far. It did good to me and good to the game. We both shine now! :D

I will add that the player individuality/stats' effects are better now. And i actually have come to like the soundtrack quite a bit, just missing the Blondie song from 2018... And the menus! They are way better in my opinion. The main menu is made cleverly. I'm particularly greatful to not be fed myclub ads whenever the console is connected to internet, plus the loading is pretty fast. Strange that not many people praise the menus after so much displeasure in previous games.
IMHO the only section PES2019 is far superior than 2020 , is the soundtrack.

Check my video I made a couple days ago. Isnt this what you are looking for?

That shows quite a variety of situations.

I'm terrified as to what number 16 thought when he made his challenge on 43 seconds :NONO:

What’s the deal with new signings ALWAYS demanding a release clause or the deal falls through? Is there any way to get around this it’s ridiculous:RANT:

Why? Do you know how many players have or don't have release clauses in real life? It even explains it for a lot of cases. When I made a free signing youth player early on in my ML save, I fully expected players to join me as a planned stepping stone (they have no reason to believe I'd win the CL after 5 seasons). Unless a player has a big interest in joining you (unhappy transfer listed player of someone your scouts have recommended) they are going to have assurances they aren't trapped at your club. If a player does not want to leave his club, be can demand a release fee that's the same (or even less) than what you'd need to pay for him. This realistically is the game telling you he's not really interested, but you might get him if you really want to. Other players will simply refuse your club because the stature of the club they are at is far better.

Is n’t it confirmed by the OP?

General usage of the word is that someone ELSE has also seen it. Think of it like a second opinion from a doctor. They could have phrased it better by asking "Has anyone else seen this happen?".

That's an interesting fact. I suspect that PES got the inspiration for its match ratings from La Gazzetta dello Sport - as far as I know, it almost never gives more than 7 and less than 4, just like PES.
Yes its boring. And who gives .5 ratings as well, i pay absoluteley no attention to them and its been the same for about 10 years. Just wish they would fix them to proper values of whole numbers and give out more 8s 9s or even 3s etc

I've had 2 sessions since the patch, I think there are a bit more fouls now(didn't have problem with it pre patch either) but remember in my first session AI committed 8(derby game) and 4 games in a row I got about 4 fouls, several outside the box.
Another thing, is it me or do the teammate players actually move much better now and running in space cause I find that they are much more active and I have more options..maybe it's cause I've changed to wing rotations instead of attacking fullbacks, that I usually play with. But it's easier to create chances..corner kicks aswell were really difficult before to score from but now it seems that the players are reacting better and fighting for position, I noticed it in one game I had, players were free to score.

One more thing I havent seen anyone mentioning is the transfer list in ML. If you look at the players put on transfer list, there are plenty of great players there, like Kane etc..big names. But when you start a negotiation it says that he's a valuable player, it will be tough like it usually says..so I think it's definitely a bug. Anyway it was something I noticed but I think they've just got there by mistake..

I've had 2 sessions since the patch, I think there are a bit more fouls now(didn't have problem with it pre patch either) but remember in my first session AI committed 8(derby game) and 4 games in a row I got about 4 fouls, several outside the box.
Another thing, is it me or do the teammate players actually move much better now and running in space cause I find that they are much more active and I have more options..maybe it's cause I've changed to wing rotations instead of attacking fullbacks, that I usually play with. But it's easier to create chances..corner kicks aswell were really difficult before to score from but now it seems that the players are reacting better and fighting for position, I noticed it in one game I had, players were free to score.

Really? In 1.0 I scored many types of header, diving, powerful, flick. Since the patch every header balloons off my man over the bar like the older Pes of 18 & 19.

Back
Top Bottom