eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I can see the beauty of this game now...

With ALL my heart, I would advise anyone whos playing on -1 to Go back to default Speed. You are NOT getting the real pes experience, Im sure about that.

Yes, pace does look nicer and more realistic at -1. But the game seems to be not designed to bê played at any other game Speed level other than the default one.

Game Just feels off under 0. Players actually glide a bit more, like animations dont conect eslach other well and ball seems to float on the pitch, not as organic as at 0 Speed DEFINETLY. And It might a big too fast for your Taste, but the thing is, the game not only feels more organic (animations, ball physics and collisions) but also much more ALIVE.

I have not seen since many years a pes game that hás such Alive (at 0 Speed) gameplay and a game that things Just work and connect that well. Cpu advance their lines showing interesse to get the ball and attack, and they do so (attack) in a much more convincing way than in past pés games.

So far, 1.5 update is Very, very Fun.

Man, they did something with the cpu in this patch. It can not be a colective placebo.

I love How cpu is not ridiculously too direct, but they are objective excatly How It should bê. If theres space to counter they Will take advantahe of It but in a Very realistic way, without First time touches, robotic ping pong bullshit, and their attacking is not prrdictable or repetitive. And If theres an opportunity to shoot, they Will. I see them creating chances in many different ways.

The pes 2020 1.5 version is for sure the football game with more randomness and drama against cpu that I ever played this gen by a country mile

I didnt had the chance to test new patch but based on all posts here it must be sthing very good.
If i am not mistaken there is not a single negative post about 1.5!
I look forward to play it tonight

W
Man, they did something with the cpu in this patch. It can not be a colective placebo.

I love How cpu is not ridiculously too direct, but they are objective excatly How It should bê. If theres space to counter they Will take advantahe of It but in a Very realistic way, without First time touches, robotic ping pong bullshit, and their attacking is not prrdictable or repetitive. And If theres an opportunity to shoot, they Will. I see them creating chances in many different ways.

The pes 2020 1.5 version is for sure the football game with more randomness and drama against cpu that I ever played this gen by a country mile
what difficulty level you playing on

I’m streaming live even when the screen is smaller (with comments). ;)

And don’t moan. It’s testing time. Instead. Gimme hints on what to show.
:D
Ηhahahahah.. so empathised with the goal you conceded on 02:12,, Classic "let's BS a little bit with my GK" moment on PES... After the wrong pass always blame myself "Why the feck did i do this with my goalie???!!!!" :D :D :)

The variety and randomness is insane now. Seeing so much that is new. I feel as if we are playing a next-gen PES 6 it is magical. Like those little Japanese men and Adam Bhatti got the fun fairydust and sprinkled it all over the game!

This honestly feels like Fifa 09 when you thought hold on a minute here this is actually special.

I just hope people start migrating to the series now as the gameplay utterly derserves it.

Anyone who grew up with Iss and PES must adore this latest patch. Love it.

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this, although the difference is hardly subtle.

City and real are playing the kind of intricate passing and give and go football I hadn't seen in any other pes 2020 version. They also now play passes in front of each other during moves, like little play off passes to keep a move going that I dont really remember.

Its thrilling. More than anything else.
I've also noticed playing as Leicester, I can choose all out defence and keep central passing lanes crowded out against spurs, unlike before when my midfield would always seem to drift out of position to leave an easy ball to kane.
I can reduce the game to walking speed at times by walking my players into blocking off passes to kane and spurs keep going wide, back inside, back wide and it feels so satisfying.

Cpu has more teeth in front of goal again now compared to 1.4.

The passing feels much less spongy and soft too. The connection with the ball feels firmer and pings much more... pes always seems to alternate between spongy and pingy between patches.

And finally, just looking at the screen at any one time, it feels like there are more players in any given moment, so the games feels busier and more compact.

Why wouldn't you publicise these changes? Then we wouldnt have to worry about that bloke placebo again...

Had 8 fouls (plus a couple more where I played on) in a match last night. Was a ML derby match, me as Inter vs Juve. Is that down to the patch or just coincidence?

The passing feels much less spongy and soft too. The connection with the ball feels firmer and pings much more... pes always seems to alternate between spongy and pingy between patches.
This was - if I'm honest (though I was tired and I've not played for weeks) - the only thing I noticed, and even then I just wish the game would allow enough variety in the passing that you had "spongy" passes and "pingy" passes in the same engine. It feels to me that every player moves at the same set speed (with a maximum of about 10% variation), and every pass at the same speed (same level of variation).

But I imagine manual passing helps in this regard. It just looks weird to me that if you compare "normal player running" to a player desperately trying to reach a pass to score, or a defender who's desperate to get to a ball to clear it - they run at the same speed and show the same not-really-arsed determination. There's no allowance for a real speed burst that looks shocking in comparison to the normal speed (which you see in real life, in desperate circumstances, and with really fast players).

Fan view camera with +1 speed PA 0 on superstar is the best football simulation experience i ve ever had... im an addict.. i play 25 min games on ML .. super fun.. some matches especially home games with a lower quality opponents, your players play like garbage as handicap.. but still i can manage that... if konami continues to make little touches to gameplay in forthcoming patches, game will be epic

I can see the beauty of this game now...

With ALL my heart, I would advise anyone whos playing on -1 to Go back to default Speed. You are NOT getting the real pes experience, Im sure about that.

Yes, pace does look nicer and more realistic at -1. But the game seems to be not designed to bê played at any other game Speed level other than the default one.

Game Just feels off under 0. Players actually glide a bit more, like animations dont conect eslach other well and ball seems to float on the pitch, not as organic as at 0 Speed DEFINETLY. And It might a big too fast for your Taste, but the thing is, the game not only feels more organic (animations, ball physics and collisions) but also much more ALIVE.

I have not seen since many years a pes game that hás such Alive (at 0 Speed) gameplay and a game that things Just work and connect that well. Cpu advance their lines showing interesse to get the ball and attack, and they do so (attack) in a much more convincing way than in past pés games.

So far, 1.5 update is Very, very Fun.

I'm preaching default since practically forever. The slider speed is just a clusterfuck and to me it always has been.

Placebo? Was watching that True Brits Guy playing yesterday, the gameplay looked awful, slow and pretty much predictable from the AI.

Had 8 fouls (plus a couple more where I played on) in a match last night. Was a ML derby match, me as Inter vs Juve. Is that down to the patch or just coincidence?

In my experience the fouls are even fewer with this new patch. Which is such a shame.
I've had three games now with zero fouls.
Hell even v1.00 had 6-7 per game.

They definitely improved the game with yesterday's patch. I mean, no doubt about that.
I went from not wanting to play it, to play until 4AM in the morning on a business day. Nuff said.

Totally agree! I was on the verge to give up on this, but this patch has freshen up the gameplay. First impression is that the cpu approach is less robotic and less maniac with the passing.

They definitely improved the game with yesterday's patch. I mean, no doubt about that.
I went from not wanting to play it, to play until 4AM in the morning on a business day. Nuff said.

Phew! More and more people confirming all this. The last thing you want is to derail a thread with mad placebo rantings.

I was on campare and contrast thread talking about how this game was revealing its patterns etc last week. But now, like you, I cant stop playing it, whereas before I was easily going a couple days without.

Its shaper, visceral, way more alive. The AI is miles better, playing city now on superstar exhibition, they are almost unplayable and the attack patterns are so varied and fresh. And my own attack patterns have so many more possibilities.

Playing against porto as benfica, and they laid siege to me for 30 mins, I couldn't get out. They had 7 shots from 20 yards plus.

And playing as my beloved chiang mai vs kashima antlers, I was able to stop start a full back down the wing in a way i just couldn't before. (I have a vid but no idea how to post it).

Its easy to get silly about it but it feels like a really significant gameplay patch snuck in on the back of kit fixes.

This was - if I'm honest (though I was tired and I've not played for weeks) - the only thing I noticed, and even then I just wish the game would allow enough variety in the passing that you had "spongy" passes and "pingy" passes in the same engine. It feels to me that every player moves at the same set speed (with a maximum of about 10% variation), and every pass at the same speed (same level of variation).

But I imagine manual passing helps in this regard. It just looks weird to me that if you compare "normal player running" to a player desperately trying to reach a pass to score, or a defender who's desperate to get to a ball to clear it - they run at the same speed and show the same not-really-arsed determination. There's no allowance for a real speed burst that looks shocking in comparison to the normal speed (which you see in real life, in desperate circumstances, and with really fast players).

I agree with all of this. I wish it had both too as sometimes you want spongy too. It just feels like the game engine is so binary it what it can allow.

I remember seabass saying on ps2 they would speed up the animations in and around the penalty box to make the game more exciting in the final third. Why they cant do this now... it's a fox engine thing I think. Pes14 started it with one-speed animations. It takes a lot of the guts out the game.

I am playing on exhibition if that helps explains our different experiences post patch...

I have a question.. how on earth did you give Eto’o white ankle tape? I’m assuming it’s a trick the game into thinking the socks are white, when in actuality they’re blue situation?
Ankle tape is so pointless as it is right now, you can’t see it and I don’t care enough about keeping the player’s shin pads in place.
yes, the trick is what you said
these days ankle tapes are same color as socks, but years ago most of them were white and Eto'o usually had those
images

NINTCHDBPICT000003585847.jpg

I have a question.. how on earth did you give Eto’o white ankle tape? I’m assuming it’s a trick the game into thinking the socks are white, when in actuality they’re blue situation?
Ankle tape is so pointless as it is right now, you can’t see it and I don’t care enough about keeping the player’s shin pads in place.

if you set the socks in edit mode on the kit to white, the tape will be white. remove image, so its back to default, set socks to white, then re-apply image.

I’m streaming live even when the screen is smaller (with comments). ;)

And don’t moan. It’s testing time. Instead. Gimme hints on what to show.
:D
So, the game has become so easy now that you have to gift them an open goal just to wake them up? ;)
Looking good. What camera settings are you using, mate?

Are you guys playing games that incorporate Klash’s tactics or just the defaults? I’ve only played the former so far, but hopefully the teams are improved on default as well.

Are you guys playing games that incorporate Klash’s tactics or just the defaults? I’ve only played the former so far, but hopefully the teams are improved on default as well.

A mix as I'm waiting for the option file.
It's better on default tactics too

what passing assistance and shooting are people using?

After numerous games the AI is not as effective in attack on manual passing - as soon as i switch to PA 1 the AI becomes much more effective in attack - i'm wondering if the AI adjusts dependent on what shooting setting you use

After numerous games the AI is not as effective in attack on manual passing - as soon as i switch to PA 1 the AI becomes much more effective in attack - i'm wondering if the AI adjusts dependent on what shooting setting you use
Deadly serious here - and I'm not demanding proof, I'm just really curious because I would like to believe this. Do you have any vids or even screenshots of the AI's pass accuracy stats (when playing the same fixture) being drastically different between manual/PA1 passing? Because a lot of people I trust tell me this is what happens, but in testing it myself I've only ever seen consistently higher pass accuracy when I use manual (because I'm bloody awful, they have more of the ball, and their passing quality doesn't drop when they have it).

I keep switching from PA1 to Manual, back and forth.
PA1 is over-assisted but Manual is still too hard for me. I can't build up a proper attack without thinking twice and thrice.

Yeah.. i think it is in a very better shape now. CPU ai doing powerful header with appropriate from distance was never seen before in any PES next gen iteration.
I feel like playing vs human.. kind of.
All I'm seeing are constantly scripted games in master league. Top player, professional, even on regular. All f-ing scripted to kill my momentum.

At this point I'm so frustrated, it's likely I go back to the competitor game. I was delusional thinking pes was less scripted. Unfortunately the way pes does it, it completely sucks the joy out an I hate myself for even playing the game.

It sucks.

Back
Top Bottom