eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

It’s match day!! :D
Im playing my own version of that feature for years now... replicating real fixtures of the day. I set teams up according to what’s happening in real life (no Süle for me).
So tonight it’s all about Bayern and Dortmund.
And oh boy... at half time Dortmund is up 3:0! :CURSE:
Both teams have been klashed for sure. :D

3 behind and it is still fun! :D let’s see if I can turn that around. If not, I hope it’s not a bad omen for tonight’s real match.
:PRAY:

Edit: what are you up to @its999maggle ?! :LOL:
Had to think of you. See what youve done to me?!:BOUNCE:
:)

Edit: god knows, I was trying really hard but Brandt put the last nail in the coffin! :(( 0:4. That’s how it ended.
Btw: Witsel is a defensive beast!! Gosh did he f’ed me up while playing. :D

But I’ll seek revenge later. :D

Last edited:
Does anyone have any crossing tips?
Once in a year I manage to score from a cross...

Playing on manual passing.

Does anyone have any crossing tips?
Once in a year I manage to score from a cross...

Playing on manual passing.
Use SuperCancel to get your striker in front of the defender. That’s a solid basic tip.
Other than that: try crossing with a player that has the pinpoint crossing trait. Works wonder and is totally different. Like it should be!
Have a look at what your strikers traits are. Is he good at heading? Good at first timers? Go at acrobatic finish?
Play that way!! Think football and it will all unfold! :)

What I find odd on this forum is how protective people are of Konami. People want a better game yet when people point out flaws, they're constantly told "you're not playing it right" or get asked "why would you play like this"
Protective of Konami?
Funny how half of the people here are blocked by Konami reps. Must have been some serious protection going on in the past..

This game needs some serious work, from outdated presentation to gameplay. Collision system, referees, the way the game cheats by handicapping the user, all the way to way too easy free kicks.

There are flaws, flaws that can cause some serious amount of frustration and put people off playing it completely.
But there are flaws that we dont have control over and flaws that are completely in our control.
Like the "gamebreaking" issue you described. How is it gamebreaking, if you will never notice it if you play the game as normal. You said it yourself - up until recently you didnt even know about this. Its been like this for weeks now.
But it never bothered me, coz if I play the game as normal - it doesnt affect me in the slightest.
There's many other things id like them to fix first. I wasnt trying to be an arse. I just dont get whats the big deal?

Protective of Konami?
Funny how half of the people here are blocked by Konami reps. Must have been some serious protection going on in the past..

This game needs some serious work, from outdated presentation to gameplay. Collision system, referees, the way the game cheats by handicapping the user, all the way to way too easy free kicks.

There are flaws, flaws that can cause some serious amount of frustration and put people off playing it completely.
But there are flaws that we dont have control over and flaws that are completely in our control.
Like the "gamebreaking" issue you described. How is it gamebreaking, if you will never notice it if you play the game as normal. You said it yourself - up until recently you didnt even know about this. Its been like this for weeks now.
But it never bothered me, coz if I play the game as normal - it doesnt affect me in the slightest.
There's many other things id like them to fix first. I wasnt trying to be an arse. I just dont get whats the big deal?
I’m surprised now one is hammering on the throw in bug! ;)

Guys, besides the flaws that are still in, have another look... ;)
I wonder why no one mentioned the stuff that got better?! And there is a lot (don’t get me started please)!
Years ago, and every year, we said: AI shots ain’t going over the cross bar. Did one user said this is fixed?!
We said, shots are always at goal. Did one user said this is fixed?!
I could go on... but you get me!

Anyway, users will always find something to moan about. Life is like that. People are like that. All good!

Use SuperCancel to get your striker in front of the defender. That’s a solid basic tip.
Other than that: try crossing with a player that has the pinpoint crossing trait. Works wonder and is totally different. Like it should be!
Have a look at what your strikers traits are. Is he good at heading? Good at first timers? Go at acrobatic finish?
Play that way!! Think football and it will all unfold! :)
Appreciate it, I'll take a look.
Playing ML so maybe I'll try and nab a good CF with these attributes.

Appreciate it, I'll take a look.
Playing ML so maybe I'll try and nab a good CF with these attributes.
Do that. If you don’t wanna waste money and/or time, play some exhibition matches. Or even better: enter practice mode. Can’t stress that enough. Go to the training ground!! Like in real life, there is no harm done when you don’t do it right. Sure there is frustration when you “practice” in a match and get slaughtered! That’s why there is a training ground, like irl!! ;)
All the best to you. I hope you’ll get the best out of 2020 like I do. :)

I wonder why no one mentioned the stuff that got better?! And there is a lot (
They are slowly going in the right direction.
Just shame they took the long road.
If they left the game as it was in the demo and just worked on ramping up AI aggression - everyone would have been happier by now. People would learn how to defend more carefully and we wouldnt have to adjust to new gameplay from patch to patch.
This last small patch threw me off balance completely. Im still trying to adjust and it was only 100mb and not a single word that gameplay was tweaked.

I know people laugh at that phrase and it sure ain’t 100% true.
But some people are not using the full potential of what the game offers. And some don’t play/think football.
People are not playing the game wrong but they sure ain’t playing it a 100% “right”! :P

Edit: yeah, @hitmanuk ! Different styles of play put a different light on the game. That’s why mine is shining a lot of the time! :D
Thanks, please send me your full game videos so i can learn how to play a football game. Cheers.

(no wonder this game is a mess)

Thanks, please send me your full game videos so i can learn how to play a football game. Cheers.

(no wonder this game is a mess)
As I said, I have no prob putting up a video that showcases what I said (and believe is true).
I don’t want to teach you how to play football. I’m not a coach.
If you know the basics of football my video could only help translating that football knowledge into a videogame.
A videogame can never replicate what rhe real life delivers. But, imo, PES is the best out there, trying to replicate it. :)

Let’s have an online match and voice chat soon. So we can discuss and play the topic! Just an offer. ;)

As I said, I have no prob putting up a video that showcases what I said (and believe is true).
I don’t want to teach you how to play football. I’m not a coach.
If you know the basics of football my video could only help translating that football knowledge into a videogame.
A videogame can never replicate what rhe real life delivers. But, imo, PES is the best out there, trying to replicate it. :)

Let’s have an online match and voice chat soon. So we can discuss and play the topic! Just an offer. ;)
I'll have a game? Send me your psn Id and I'll add you

:D awesome.
So here is my little side story: I do play crystal palace A LOT lately. They somehow grew on me. And i like to play the big EPL teams like Liverpool, City and United, Chelsea... even Arsenal. ;)
Sometimes I replay a match 2 or 3 times. And what i see with 1.4: the same team differs in how it plays. True to their original pattern but different. Sometimes they press red offense from minute 1, sometimes they go red offense late in the game while playing it cool for 60 min.!
I always have form arrows on random, so this different behavior is such a nice addition to realism for me. I think: hey, United got a bad day or hey Pogba scored an amazing long ranger top corner, he must have a good day.
I do check on the opponents form when a super duper goal was scored (that looked unfair). And a lot of the time it really shows a green form arrow. So that’s fine.

Anyway. I love how one team can really play different, depending “on their form”! Maybe it’s just PES inconsistency (?!).
I like to think of it as “form of the day”!
Is there an English word for Tagesform?! :D
Ive just played the Milan game again as I forgot to save, this time I adjusted my tactics accordingly, man marking, defensive line a little deeper and beat them 1 nil on full manual

Guys have you ever think to delete all traits and all cards from the players in the game just to see which is their behaviour on the field?

I think this stuff affect to much the game...and who knows, maybe we can see a different game.

In the past i remember that you were allowed to do that by Pes Editor, and delete just with one click all traits and cards from every player...does anyone of you has tried that?

Guys have you ever think to delete all traits and all cards from the players in the game just to see which is their behaviour on the field?

I think this stuff affect to much the game...and who knows, maybe we can see a different game.

In the past i remember that you were allowed to do that by Pes Editor, and delete just with one click all traits and cards from every player...does anyone of you has tried that?
What?! Never heard of that.
There was an option to delete all special abilities/traits from a player with one click?! What did I miss?

On that topic: I’ll never ever again go into the edit mode and edit player stats. Doing that took too much precious time of my life. I’m over that. Im editing way too much these days... no way I’m going for player stats again! ;)

What?! Never heard of that.
There was an option to delete all special abilities/traits from a player with one click?! What did I miss?

On that topic: I’ll never ever again go into the edit mode and edit player stats. Doing that took too much precious time of my life. I’m over that. Im editing way too much these days... no way I’m going for player stats again! ;)

Yeah if i'm not wrong you could do that with the oldest Peseditor...it was easy to apply or delete some stuff over all the players in the game.

If you wanted to put +10 on Finishing only for all the fowards in the game you were allowed to do that with just one click.

Or if you wanted +10 in Marking for every CB in the game that was possible.

I don't know if is there something quite similar as to make it again...i saw a really good Tools here, hopefully there will be a chance to reply it. :)

Early cross works great. Also just tapping cross to line up volleys is decent.
My personal favorite is L1 early cross from everywhere. On manual that is a driven mid high cross.
Love to switch sides or put a striker in action with that.

Lobbed crosses with R2 are next. They can be so effective and look so lovely in some situations! Especially the short ones.

I prefer both types over the regular high cross. Look and effectiveness wise!

lH3muz1.png

:) Cpu skills
:) Goal prevented
:) No scripting or cheating in the game

Got another penalty just last night. :)
The AI was sliding and hacked me down.
Can’t moan about fouls. Having 3-5 for the AI on average and a lot of advantage from the ref. If I’d stopped touching the ball i bet it would be around 10 fouls a game (or more)!

Have a look how many times the ref is getting his arms up to signal advantage. It can get lost in the hectic. I think Konami found a nice middle ground of letting a game roll and having set pieces after foul play.

What helps a lot: don’t sprint that much!! LS dribble is your friend. :D
Plus: it’s helping with players stamina too. Win win situation. ...and all that just for playing football in a football videogame. Isn’t that nice?! :D

Im not saying the foul detection and collision system is perfect. Far from it! But fouls are there and for my understanding of football in perspective of a videogame, it’s absolutely ok!

Edit: and yes, I have matches where I wonder why the AI haven’t had any fouls, when I look at the stats at final whistle. But then again, I bet I took the advantage some times.
What difficulty level do you play

It’s match day!! :D
Im playing my own version of that feature for years now... replicating real fixtures of the day. I set teams up according to what’s happening in real life (no Süle for me).
So tonight it’s all about Bayern and Dortmund.
And oh boy... at half time Dortmund is up 3:0! :CURSE:
Both teams have been klashed for sure. :D

3 behind and it is still fun! :D let’s see if I can turn that around. If not, I hope it’s not a bad omen for tonight’s real match.
:PRAY:

Edit: what are you up to @its999maggle ?! :LOL:
Had to think of you. See what youve done to me?!:BOUNCE:
:)

Edit: god knows, I was trying really hard but Brandt put the last nail in the coffin! :(( 0:4. That’s how it ended.
Btw: Witsel is a defensive beast!! Gosh did he f’ed me up while playing. :D

But I’ll seek revenge later. :D
Exact same score irl but munich won 😂

People have done research on that for PES17 at the operation sport forum. I think it was @kiley (a very active member here in the past) and demendhall.

Have a look there.

Last edited:
People have done research on that for PES17 at the operation sport forum. I think it was @kiley (a very active member here in the past) and demendhall.

Have a look there.

Yeah tried that as well for one team's 11 only, Then set the game to have no sub and played against the same team in exhibition. Did no wonders at all.

Back
Top Bottom