eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Yeah tried that as well for one team's 11 only, Then set the game to have no sub and played against the same team in exhibition. Did no wonders at all.

In my experience, removing COM playing styles cards freed the players from stereotypic behaviors. It made them less predictable. See the video of the effect on Messi I posted few pages ago (poorly made video but you can really see that Messi drove my players crazy).

Edit: Talking about PES17 here.

Last edited:
Hello friends. I put every camera angle in every different stadium in the world. I simulated each team to the real world of football. And in the game pes I made the adjustments. That means go to any stadium to play. The stadium's camera angle is set just like reality. Because of this, the atmosphere in every league is more felt And it gets closer to reality.

The English League ( Premier League ) is complete
The Spanish League ( LaLiga Santander ) is complete.
The German League ( Bundesliga ) is complete.
TheItalian League ( Serie A ) is complete.
The Brazil League ( Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A ) currently has 11 of its configuration teams added to the list.
The Celtic, Glasgow Rangers, Galatasaray, Ajax, Benfica, Zenit and Monaco teams have also been added to the list.

The list is updated as more leagues are added to the list.

Hope you enjoy .

http://www.mediafire.com/file/hlnpxe1olx3fc3a/PES_2020_Custom_Camera_V5.rar/file

In my experience, removing COM playing styles cards freed the players from stereotypic behaviors. It made them less predictable. See the video of the effect on Messi I posted few pages ago (poorly made video but you can really see that Messi drove my players crazy).

Just tried it just in case for 2020, there is no difference. Players dont dribble. And this shouldnt be the problem for the game since in the demo players dribbled all the time. Well except for Messi which was really weird to see Coutinho and Dybala dribble more than Messi. Dribbling ai is a mess which is a shame, makes me put down the controller to see the likes of Messi getting scared of my 61 rated defender so he rater turns back and pass the ball to the CB instead.

Can I see a video of the demo in which CPU dribbled all the time? I remember there was some more dribbling then the final release, but I can't recall cpu players taking dangerous one v ones as something so predominant or well reproduced, indeed I remember dismissing players of the ball wasn't hard at all. I'm not talking about the odd run from the sides to the center, which (very, very, very occasionally :D ) happens in the final game too, I'm talking proper dribblings of course.

No, I get that.

I literally stumbled on this flaw while trying out a few feints on the wing. Realised that the AI didn't attempt to tackle me so then out of curiosity, waited to see if they would. They didn't.

What I find odd on this forum is how protective people are of Konami. People want a better game yet when people point out flaws, they're constantly told "you're not playing it right" or get asked "why would you play like this".

At the end of the day, we are paying £50 for a game that (although is very good) has some very basic flaws that should have been picked up during playtests.

Just to say it is not people being 'defensive'. It was them pointing out the flaw is easy to ignore so it's not as big an issue. I'd much rather Konami fixed the issues that aren't avoidable ')

Generally, playtests involve them trying what a player would do. They should certainly be tested more (from the amount of issues that get through) and I feel they shouldn't rush all the changes they make (especially between demo and full game, they should really release live updates for the demo for a few weeks and tweak like that). But until they get basic playtesting right, they certainly aren't going to start doing more advanced QA. This involves behaving contrary to the game goals in some way to find out anything that breaks the game. Like many multiplayer racing games that soon discovered there are idiots who want to drive backwards just to annoy people (or because they just got disoriented) and so they started coding first 'wrong way' prompts and later literally car recoveries that forced you the right way around if you took too long.

PES certainly breaks in silly ways under some situations. Even more so against the AI. But since I personally don't play competitively (besides waiting on a decent first ML option file) I don't care about human exploits and AI ones I can just choose note to use.

This leaves me wanting them to prioritise the bigger issues (AI variability, better collision resolution and less jarring AI difficulty handicapping).

Recently Im trying manual, as Liverpool in my superstar cup 2 leg group stage Im unbeaten beating Milan twice, Monaco twice and rangers once. Has anyone compared the AI v pa1 as the AI seems dumbed down although the freedom is nice. Not sure weather to try legendary on fuma or back to pa1 and adv shooting

Can I see a video of the demo in which CPU dribbled all the time? I remember there was some more dribbling then the final release, but I can't recall cpu players taking dangerous one v ones as something so predominant or well reproduced, indeed I remember dismissing players of the ball wasn't hard at all. I'm not talking about the odd run from the sides to the center, which (very, very, very occasionally :D ) happens in the final game too, I'm talking proper dribblings of course.
As far as I remember the dribblings are nearly the same now. The AI did walk the ball a lot in the demo, like being to passive.

As far as I remember the dribblings are nearly the same now. The AI did walk the ball a lot in the demo, like being to passive.

Imho there were a bit (maybe even quite) more isolated dribblings in demo (must still have a video of a Rakitic CPU goal with a feint+outside deviated shot who got me all pumped) and more solo runs, but CPU was indeed generally kinda easy to dispossess after a while.. when I hear there were all this more dribblings I'd imagine something like this to happen (first example I could find of what I mean, with a bit more search I think I'd find something as good even in 2018):

which was never the case. I mean, so that we are clear on that.. while it's true that in the final release CPU dribbling is truly neglected, I hardly remember it being a true strong point of the demo either.

Last edited:
Had the best game last night in ML. Scored early and got a pen shortly after (!) but it got saved by regen Cech and the other team equalized l in their very next attack. They went 2-1 up before the break and kept the lead for a while, then it was time for me to switch to 3-5-2 and all attack. It left me quite open at the back but the other team seemed tired and couldn't make use of it. 2 goals at 86th and 91st minutes,mad fist pumps in the air for the last one. Beautiful.

Why does this game play utter shit in ML.
exhibition plays really nice but ML it’s horrible.
I’ve imported Klasmanns tactics but they don’t seem so prominent in ML mode.

Here you can see me giving possession and space for the cpu to dribble. Its on the ps4 so no time extender. Ronalod is totally unpredictable despite he likes to cut in, all his tries ends in a different scenario. So its varied still. And funny Juve did not use Dybala at all in this game but his notorious about his double touch dribble in the demo. Again variety in ai dribbling. Good old demo.

And this is the final game. Same conditions, same idea. The cpu just pass and move or gets shoved off the ball easily if it wants to keep it.

And here you go a bonus Rakitic goal from the demo.

Those of you that play Manual.. When you play your mates (couch) and they're PA1.. Do you feel your at a disadvantage??

I'm going to revert to PA1 when playing friends. I just make too many mistakes and obviously have less time to be precise.

It's costing me big time in our Verses mode where I'm losing by a couple of games.

So... Are manual players handicapped v PA1?

Professional most of the time. From time to time I play a match or cup on top player.
Have a look at my sig to get a better picture of my settings.

I've switched the professional too and from what i've seen so far, its the best level to beat scripting. Even when everything goes against you. You still have a more realistic change on professional. The handicapping is the worst thing about this beautiful game.

Guys any tips in scoring from outside the box? Say 25 yards out running at the defence, I reckon I have got about 2in 2 ML seasons!!
I have goretzka and savic in my midfield who have all the long shot bells and whistles.

It seems like I'm wasting my time any time I take a shot from distance

Here you can see me giving possession and space for the cpu to dribble. Its on the ps4 so no time extender. Ronalod is totally unpredictable despite he likes to cut in, all his tries ends in a different scenario. So its varied still. And funny Juve did not use Dybala at all in this game but his notorious about his double touch dribble in the demo. Again variety in ai dribbling. Good old demo.

And this is the final game. Same conditions, same idea. The cpu just pass and move or gets shoved off the ball easily if it wants to keep it.

And here you go a bonus Rakitic goal from the demo.

Thanks. I think I've already seen your first video indeed, but not the Rakitic one, sweet goal (must have been particularly buffed as like I said above he scored a great goal in my demo too at the times).

However, I'm still of the opinion of my second post. Definitely some more dribblings and more solo runs, but at least in my experience CPU dribbling wasn't particularly menacing or shining after you mastered a bit more the game.

Thanks. I think I've already seen your first video indeed, but not the Rakitic one, sweet goal (must have been particularly buffed as like I said above he scored a great goal in my demo too at the times).

However, I'm still of the opinion of my second post. Definitely some more dribblings and more solo runs, but at least in my experience CPU dribbling wasn't particularly menacing or shining after you mastered a bit more the game.

Oh i agree its not even close to PES 2013 level. In 2020 Demo the players only used the double touch and the cut in and thats all. But still it was something compared to what we have now. Funny that i dont even see inspire working at all, or that new foul system where you can drag down players from behind from the advertisement.

Guys any tips in scoring from outside the box? Say 25 yards out running at the defence, I reckon I have got about 2in 2 ML seasons!!
I have goretzka and savic in my midfield who have all the long shot bells and whistles.

It seems like I'm wasting my time any time I take a shot from distance
I've had better luck holding :l2: when shooting from far away, but it's difficult. Sometimes the ball goes out for a throw in :LOL:

Imho there were a bit (maybe even quite) more isolated dribblings in demo (must still have a video of a Rakitic CPU goal with a feint+outside deviated shot who got me all pumped) and more solo runs, but CPU was indeed generally kinda easy to dispossess after a while.. when I hear there were all this more dribblings I'd imagine something like this to happen (first example I could find of what I mean, with a bit more search I think I'd find something as good even in 2018):

which was never the case. I mean, so that we are clear on that.. while it's true that in the final release CPU dribbling is truly neglected, I hardly remember it being a true strong point of the demo either.

The problem with 2012 though is that the AI dribbling was completely broken. They would teleport through players to keep possession of the ball. Also their dribbling was pure cheating every player would dribble past you like Messi and their was absolutely nothing you could do about it.

Oh i agree its not even close to PES 2013 level. In 2020 Demo the players only used the double touch and the cut in and thats all. But still it was something compared to what we have now. Funny that i dont even see inspire working at all, or that new foul system where you can drag down players from behind from the advertisement.
The new foul system does work, double tap x whilst chasing someone and you'll pull them down

And how many times did you see the cpu do that? :D
None but I thought you said it wasn't in the game (where you can drag down players) , would be nice but I don't have any major problem s with AI fouls.. Would be nice to have more, would be nice to have more pens but it isn't game breaking like 18 and 19 where game after game I got none

None but I thought you said it wasn't in the game, would be nice but I don't have any major problem s with AI fouls.. Would be nice to have more, would be nice to have more pens but it isn't game breaking like 18 and 19 where game after game I got none

Just makes me questioning the importance of the Agression stat after all. I thought its there for a reason.

Not sure tbh.. Since the last patch a lot of fouls I get are in the last 20-30 mins so I wonder if fatigue is taken into account especially if a sub comes on. So if I get 6 or 7 Inc all advantages 4 will be in final third of the game

Not sure tbh.. Since the last patch a lot of fouls I get are in the last 20-30 mins so I wonder if fatigue is taken into account especially if a sub comes on. So if I get 6 or 7 Inc all advantages 4 will be in final third of the game
AI is getting more aggressive at the end of the game. Especially when they need to score. Which is nice to see, coz it resembles human players under pressure and getting more frustrated as the end approaches.

As for deliberate fouls, which would be lovely to see (especially when last defender knows he has no chance and has to take our player out by any means necessary) - since the demo I kept wrecking their heads on twitter, to make sure we will see some of this from AI. As usual - no one responded to this. I think it was purely designed for online.

Back
Top Bottom