eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

No chance then, am 7 seasons into a ML, won't be starting a fresh just to implement some tactics, however good they may be.
Wouldn't do that either though I will say they make a noticeable difference. On the other hand when you're 7 seasons in these things tend to get diluted by scripting , team spirit and whatnot.

I've enjoyed your blog, mate. Keep up the great work. Also, if you haven't already, you can enable Offside Trap for user only, which will change how the CPU attacks because your defensive line is in a bit better frame of mind. I posted this multiple pages ago, but here it is again:

Thanks Mate, appreciate it, and yes, I have implemented the auto offside trap you recommended, and it makes a ton of difference, great find!

Wouldn't do that either though I will say they make a noticeable difference. On the other hand when you're 7 seasons in these things tend to get diluted by scripting , team spirit and whatnot.

I'd love to use Klash's tactics, but cannot justify sacrificing 7 seasons of ML, player development, story arcs, etc in order to start anew, such a shame konami Lock ML into an isolated save, so you cant adjust tactics on the fly and have them take effect.

cannot justify sacrificing 7 seasons of ML, player development, story arcs, etc in order to start anew
I agree there. I wouldnt start new one if I was that far in. Besides - once you remove all the deep defensive lines and swarm the boxes - its not too bad.
Im gonna start new one from one simple reason - Im really, really sick of eFootball logo on the replays. I never would have thought that one tiny, ugly logo might annoy me that much. Must be the worst replay transition ever made.
So I need to start somewhere licensed to have a rest from it (thank god for serie A license)..

Unfortunately Konami are useless when it comes to applying tactics, you have to use klashmans tactics, game plays so much better and yeah you have to enable auto offsides for all teams
AFAIK: deep defensive line off for all teams.
Auto offside trap works when set for your team only as well. Sure it’s a bit better to have all teams do that. But “klashed” AI teams don’t need to have it enabled, imo!

Just a few videos of bits I enjoyed from some weekend ML'ing.

First up, my first major mistake from tired AI defenders being pressed that led directly to a goal (rather than just a tackle winning the ball with pressure). I like how he miss-kicked it and it was under-strength (also poor decision making to play it across goal).

Next, my favourite successful RS dribble so far. It didn't lead to a goal unfortunately :(

FInally, my ball playing CB youth player first game back from loan. score a fair few of this sort of goal, but the first from a CB :)

Isn’t the second video flicking the RS then moving on with LS?! That’s not dribbling to me. That’s a RS trick move. At least in my playbook.
Holding RS and then carrying on with LS is RS dribbling to me.

Please come back to me, my positrev fella!! :D

Isn’t the second video flicking the RS then moving on with LS?! That’s not dribbling to me. That’s a RS trick move. At least in my playbook.
Holding RS and then carrying on with LS is RS dribbling to me.

Please come back to me, my positrev fella!! :D

Well, yes, it's a context sensitive dribble move invoked with RS (RS in the direction I was originally moving and then LS the place I wanted to end up. I didn't really see the need to differentiate for a fun little video :D

I love dribbles that put the ball one side of a defender and you go the other. It just does something for me :ANX:

Well, yes, it's a context sensitive dribble move invoked with RS (RS in the direction I was originally moving and then LS the place I wanted to end up. I didn't really see the need to differentiate for a fun little video :D

I love dribbles that put the ball one side of a defender and you go the other. It just does something for me :ANX:

Is THAT how you do it?!? I need to try that out ASAP.

So just so we’re clear: You start out dribbling in one direction with LS, move the RS in the SAME direction (so now both LS and RS are pointing in the same direction), THEN point LS in a different direction (like 90 degree angle from original direction), let go of RS.

Did I understand that correctly? And I assume the player needs to have some sort of trick skill as well, right?

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for the detailed questions, I just really want to get better at dribbling and this move would really help me out on my wings (currently Diop and Ben Arfa in my ML)

Any tips on how to do headers? My style of play is bombing passes towards the box... Since PES19 and this year and prob 18, I just cant seem to score headers that much.... Its bad enough that once a month I score 1, its like a floaty header that the goalkeeper cant reach.

Any tips on how to win headers, score by a low header shot that feels powerful?
I'm not talking PES17 overpowered headers, but Id like to be able to score them once in a while

So just so we’re clear: You start out dribbling in one direction with LS, move the RS in the SAME direction (so now both LS and RS are pointing in the same direction), THEN point LS in a different direction (like 90 degree angle from original direction), let go of RS.

Did I understand that correctly? And I assume the player needs to have some sort of trick skill as well, right?

Thank you very much in advance and sorry for the detailed questions, I just really want to get better at dribbling and this move would really help me out on my wings (currently Diop and Ben Arfa in my ML)

I think all players can do the skill but players with the skill card (Cross over turn) might have a different animation or do it quicker. Yeah, you were right - hold forwards with RS then quickly move LS 90 degrees. The LS can be moved in smaller increments but personally I find it most effective to go 90.

Yes, this was running in a certain direction, then pushing RS in that direction and LS in a new direction. Finally releasing RS, the timing is fairly forgiving. I'm not sure if it's related to a skill. The only specific dribble skill he has is not this (it's a variant on fake shot). Rabona might be needed I guess, but I think any player with decent dribble stats should be capable. He has got very strong weak foot accuracy. I've a few that can do it (but too often in the past I just can't get 'round' the defender after the move). But possibly because I look for certain types of players in these positions.
1574107207440.png
1574107319960.png
1574107391999.png

Was reading the hype about PESUniverse V3 and Klash's tactics. Thought it'd be worth it because I just became fed up of editing this game.

Now you guys are saying only 2 leagues are edited?

O well - I'll wait til the whole things done.

Was reading the hype about PESUniverse V3 and Klash's tactics. Thought it'd be worth it because I just became fed up of editing this game.

Now you guys are saying only 2 leagues are edited?

O well - I'll wait til the whole things done.
Yeah, a bit underwhelming, especially that since the announcement of V3 they were saying tactics will be there.
But Im not gonna wait any longer. Updating OF every few weeks and starting new ML is a major pain in the bollox. Will do remaining ones manually and that will be my editing for the year.

Flicking and holding RS are 2 different things!!

Have a look here:

...and here, mate:

:BYE:

Edit:
and this one might be helpful too!

And again, use players that have a trait or more and good stats in what you actually want to create on the pitch.

Last edited:
Yeah, a bit underwhelming, especially that since the announcement of V3 they were saying tactics will be there.
But Im not gonna wait any longer. Updating OF every few weeks and starting new ML is a major pain in the bollox. Will do remaining ones manually and that will be my editing for the year.
Scottish league took me 20 min to edit including ddl removal, basic tactic, formation (not fluid) and set piece taker.
2nd English league took me about 40 min.

That’s today’s editing done. Now it’s time to play some minor teams. :D

Edit: some Italian teams have klashman tactics too!!

Last edited:

Is it really in two leagues? Earlier that day I read somewhere else, it is just the Premier League. So is it confirmed, that La Liga has the tactics to?
And sorry, if it is asked probably a hundred times before, but in V3 I have to apply Player Data in the "Klashman Leagues" AND all leagues that replace the fake leagues? In all other leagues I have to tick no box like in V1 and V2?

Is it really in two leagues? Earlier that day I read somewhere else, it is just the Premier League. So is it confirmed, that La Liga has the tactics to?
And sorry, if it is asked probably a hundred times before, but in V3 I have to apply Player Data in the "Klashman Leagues" AND all leagues that replace the fake leagues? In all other leagues I have to tick no box like in V1 and V2?
Yes and yes.
All the fake ones, La liga and EPL - tick the first box. Rest - leave them unticked.
They told me on twitter that both of them have tactics, plus Barry said it also on his tutorial video.

Flicking and holding RS are 2 different things!!

Have a look here:

...and here, mate:

:BYE:

Edit:
and this one might be helpful too!

And again, use players that have a trait or more and good stats in what you actually want to create on the pitch.

And never works online :D or vs AI on a higher difficulty.

I'd love to use Klash's tactics, but cannot justify sacrificing 7 seasons of ML, player development, story arcs, etc in order to start anew, such a shame konami Lock ML into an isolated save, so you cant adjust tactics on the fly and have them take effect.
Right you are. Something for when you go over the pc side perhaps (regular over at the chronicles as well ;))

Can't get my head around this..

Lost my first two games in the master league last night as Milan.

Honestly, I'm storming the table and then lose 2 in a row. I just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net and a computer scored some amazing goals.

One of the losses was against bottom of the table Verona.

Tonight I play, and I comfortably beat the top 2 teams and play some scintillating football complete opposite of last night. Like everything I touched, came off or went into the goal.

Strange but could also be I was destined last night not to win.

Just played a exhibition match with Klash's tactics and the V3 OF. I took Leicester and played against City away.
PA 0, SS, 13 min, Gamespeed - 1.
Oh boy, what a game of football that was! Lost 2:0 in the end. It was nil nil until the 87th minute, but it wasn't a cheap goal, just a nice combination by the AI. Thus i had to play completely offensive and eventually got caught by City on the counter...

I really liked the freedom of Demo and 1.0, but this i still just a great game of football! In recent years I already stopped playing by November. This season is different. I am just getting started. Even some of the old couch sessions were rejuvenated. I know there are still some issues, but PES 2020 is by far the best PES of the generation, it's maybe on pair with the Classics 5,6.
And i had them all. I even used to play ISS on the SNES. Even the other game for a couple of seasons.

Belive it or not - Konami is in the right direction. Although, they will have to work hardly on Presentation Aspects. And if they are too lazy, they just gotta bring back the stadium editor, with some more detail settings and
a way to import chants.

yeh - I was hoping ps4 would be done and dusted and that would be my go-to version of pes.

as it stands tho, i'll return to XB1 to complete editing the Ligue 1 teams by the weekend hopefully and await any of the pdfs for Serie B, Championship.

I'm think XB will eventually be where I start my ML (and MC next year). PS4 will be for random online friendlies and exh matches.

AFAIK: deep defensive line off for all teams.
Auto offside trap works when set for your team only as well. Sure it’s a bit better to have all teams do that. But “klashed” AI teams don’t need to have it enabled, imo!
yeah your right you dont need to enable auto offside with klasmans tactics only cos he has all out defense set to aggressive

Is there a way to get a free option file with Klash's tactics? I don't care if the OF is old, just wanna try it.

Does anyone have a tutorial or instructions on how to properly install the Pes Universe V3 option file? I keep getting errors when I install.
Thanks in advance.

So I’m preparing PesUni V3, but before I start, can anyone explain why it’s important to delete Edit Data? Obviously I get the deleting of every image and kit, but why edit data? I have a tendency to accurately edit stadiums (especially for La Liga and French League) so the netting is right and so no teams have the “type 1” turf pattern, which looks more like my lawn..

I’d rather not lose all this time and effort, unless of course I really have to in order for this to work.
Can anyone offer any clarity?

Also, how crucial is “fluid formation” for the CPU team? Is it really needed to see the full benefits of the tactics?

Cheers guys.

Does anyone have a tutorial or instructions on how to properly install the Pes Universe V3 option file? I keep getting errors when I install.
Thanks in advance.
I did a complete fresh install of 2020. Yeah, I know. I’m not the norm. ;)
Saved my system settings before to copy over later. So, I deleted the whole game and saves and everything. Disc out, disc in... fresh install. Update 1.5 install. Copying over my old system data. Start the game.
Do apply live Update in game. Head over to edit mode, import everything from stick, tick both boxes (second one isn’t needed as it’s all fresh but anyway...), let it run. Done.
Edit in the klashman tactics for the rest of the teams who ain’t got it, and your good to go having a lot of fun!
Cheers. :)

Back
Top Bottom