eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I did a complete fresh install of 2020. Yeah, I know. I’m not the norm. ;)
Saved my system settings before to copy over later. So, I deleted the whole game and saves and everything. Disc out, disc in... fresh install. Update 1.5 install. Copying over my old system data. Start the game.
Do apply live Update in game. Head over to edit mode, import everything from stick, tick both boxes (second one isn’t needed as it’s all fresh but anyway...), let it run. Done.
Edit in the klashman tactics for the rest of the teams who ain’t got it, and your good to go having a lot of fun!
Cheers. :)

Awesome. Thanks. I'll give it a go. Which other teams did not get Klashmans tactics?

With all the tactics changes - how do you find challenge/difficulty?
Did anyone find it harder, or easier?
Did anyone had to go up/down in difficulty?

Im asking, coz yesterday I put the V3 with the tactics on. When that was done, I did whole serie A manually with klash pdf.
Started few new saves in different leagues to "lock" the tactics.
And played two games with Parma in Serie A.
Thats when it got interesting, coz I won both. I dont remember last time when I started fresh Master League and had two wins from the get go.
Now I wonder - are all these tactics made the game more natural, less Chess-like, allowing me to play?
Or is Parma simply that good, comparing to my crappy team from Championship?
(It was a very crappy team to be fair)

Well until Refs are sorted this game is becoming impossible for me to enjoy.
Every time my player touches boots, arms, legs etc its a foul to the AI its stupid.

I have got 2 pens in last 2 games although one was never a pen but ill take it!

Awesome. Thanks. I'll give it a go. Which other teams did not get Klashmans tactics?
EPL and LaLiga are fully done. Some teams from SerieA have the tactics too.
I bet v4 will include more. It’s a lot of effort (and time, if you go deep) so I’m very happy with what the guys included already.

Im asking, coz yesterday I put the V3 with the tactics on. When that was done, I did whole serie A manually with klash pdf.
Thats when it got interesting, coz I won both. I dont remember last time when I started fresh Master League and had two wins from the get go.
Now I wonder - are all these tactics made the game more natural, less Chess-like, allowing me to play?
In my head, it’s not the difficulty that changed, it’s the way teams play. Is it harder or easier?! None of both to me, playing the same settings as always. It’s just more humanized, life like. Maybe that’s what got you thinking...
You are not prepared for that (good) behavior! ;)
To me, it all feels so much more natural. The flow when I do counter attacks is much better, same time the AI is attacking much better, wasting time, securing the win, trying different approaches... it’s much more organic.
Not perfect but a hell lot of fun!! :D

Played the ACN yesterday and in every single round I conceded a goal from a kick off. Looking at previous games some people have suggested going all out attack when the AI kicks off, while others have suggested trying not to score until the last kick of the game, so that the AI doesn't have time to kick off. What's the best way to counter this stupid piece of code that could have been written by a 3 year old?

I did a complete fresh install of 2020. Yeah, I know. I’m not the norm. ;)
Saved my system settings before to copy over later. So, I deleted the whole game and saves and everything. Disc out, disc in... fresh install. Update 1.5 install. Copying over my old system data. Start the game.
Do apply live Update in game. Head over to edit mode, import everything from stick, tick both boxes (second one isn’t needed as it’s all fresh but anyway...), let it run. Done.
Edit in the klashman tactics for the rest of the teams who ain’t got it, and your good to go having a lot of fun!
Cheers. :)
I think the tutorial has got everyone a little confused haha. It’s like “so first select every team that’s actually in the game”, so you go ok I’m with you.. and you watch the tutorial and he doesn’t tick the La Liga teams, but he ticks Premier League, so it’s like :BLINK:

I think the tutorial has got everyone a little confused haha. It’s like “so first select every team that’s actually in the game”, so you go ok I’m with you.. and you watch the tutorial and he doesn’t tick the La Liga teams, but he ticks Premier League, so it’s like :BLINK:
I tried to explain every step as much as i could?! What don’t you get?
It is a really simple procedure... and there is not much more to it as what I described.

How can I help you?!
Edit: follow the tutorial (wich I haven’t seen yet, please post it!) or follow my instructions. You can’t really go wrong either way! ;)

EPL and LaLiga are fully done. Some teams from SerieA have the tactics too.
I bet v4 will include more. It’s a lot of effort (and time, if you go deep) so I’m very happy with what the guys included already.

In my head, it’s not the difficulty that changed, it’s the way teams play. Is it harder or easier?! None of both to me, playing the same settings as always. It’s just more humanized, life like. Maybe that’s what got you thinking...
You are not prepared for that (good) behavior! ;)
To me, it all feels so much more natural. The flow when I do counter attacks is much better, same time the AI is attacking much better, wasting time, securing the win, trying different approaches... it’s much more organic.
Not perfect but a hell lot of fun!! :D

Thanks Mr Pro. You are always helpful and super nice.

Thanks Mr Pro. You are always helpful and super nice.
Appreciate it!! :LOVE: Make that sticky! :D

I just want the best for all of you. Taking advantage of what the game offers (controls and gameplay/tactics wise). Sure, it’s just my personal opinion but I think a know some PES. Not everything, but that’s why we are a community, right?! We help each other out and exchange knowledge and experiences (so other users can rely on them and make their own experiences)!

I don’t mean no harm or want to come across like I know it all. I just wanna share passion and love for what can be such a good/enjoyable game!! :)

Edit: ...YES, besides the games flaws!! I’m still enjoying this, haters/moaners! :SHHH:
I even love the bad critics about the game. Critic is a good thing!! Makes us all at least think about it... well, I do.
What I make of it... that’s up to me. :)

Anyway. I’m off editing and playing.
I found a rhythm. Edit like 5 teams and then play a match. :) it will all be done soon. And then it’s only fun/playing the game only!! :D

Edit: @Emroth : I’m kinda feeling ya. As due to the tactics, a match can be more open, more versatile. AI is leaving gaps now, humanized gaps, so counter attacking can look easier. To me it’s just real life exploiting holes of the opponent AI. Maybe we need to up it a notch. Not sure yet. I’m staying with professional fuma for now.

Sorry I repeat myself: it’s just so awesome when you play with klashman tactics and it all (a lot) clicks!

A good game that is. Nothing more, nothing less!! Have I mentioned AI and myself having blasts going over the crossbar to the upper ranks?! So lovely to see; besides some other stuff that got fixed during the last 2-3 years. :)

Last edited:
Can't get my head around this..

Lost my first two games in the master league last night as Milan.

Honestly, I'm storming the table and then lose 2 in a row. I just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net and a computer scored some amazing goals.

One of the losses was against bottom of the table Verona.

Tonight I play, and I comfortably beat the top 2 teams and play some scintillating football complete opposite of last night. Like everything I touched, came off or went into the goal.

Strange but could also be I was destined last night not to win.

I mean would the game even be interesting if you had no ups and downs? Would you prefer just to dominate and win every game?

I mean would the game even be interesting if you had no ups and downs? Would you prefer just to dominate and win every game?
See. That’s the question in general.
Can you have fun with a match that you ain’t winning?!
I can for sure. Because it’s (football) life. You don’t always win. How lovely is that?!
Those 8:0 wins I don’t want to see on my console.

Took my PlayStation to a friends house last weekend, and we had some fun while playing some FIFA guys. I forced them to play fuma and when those fifa guys played 2020 each other, they had some fun. New emotions. New experiences! It was a whole new world to them.
I love those moments. Sure I’m falling into the habit of advising them...
But on their own... they did enjoy it!

Last edited:
Yes you're right it's good its keeping it interesting. For example, Manchester City can get beaten away to Norwich so I guess in that respect it's realistic.
I guess it was just the way it was so difficult those two games were, compared to the two I had afterwards.

See. That’s the question in general.
Can you have fun with a match that you ain’t winning?!
I can for sure. Because it’s (football) life. You don’t always win. How lovely it’s that?!
Those 8:0 wins I don’t want to see on my console.

Took my PlayStation to a friends house last weekend, and we had some fun while playing some FIFA guys. I forced them to play fuma and when those fifa guys played 2020 each other, they had some fun. New emotions. New experiences! It was a whole new world to them.
I love those moments. Sure I’m falling into the habit of advising them...
But on their own... they did enjoy it!

Yeah that's my thing. I understand there needs to be some scripting to have this element. I don't want every game to be easy or feel perfect or I know I'll win for sure. I want to play bottom of the league and feel like my opponent is playing out of their skins to stay in the league and not get relegated build a wall in front of their defence and force me to really break down their wall. Maybe I can't play pretty triangles maybe I need something different. Also they are hoping for 1 counter attack and that's all they hope for and I need to watch that. Maybe they get that one chance and maybe I see that and need to completely take them out to avoid that earns me a yellow but no scripted counter goal. I don't know if people just want the opponent to just allow them to paint little pictures and win easy. If my star player feels off and can't dictate like he would normally. Maybe pull him off or move his position or just try something different.

I've played the game enough now on superstar to know that there are no unstoppable goals which is what makes the game so appealing for me. If I need to foul or get dirty to get a win or sweat to an open goal to open a difficult defense. I can and have done it yes on superstar yes in master league.

With the newest update I haven't seen the cpu score the same goal against me. Not even the turn and shot. In master league I've played 4 seasons with Everton with great natural progression.

1st season 6th place europa place
2nd 4th europa final loss
3rd season 2nd champions league quarter loss to bayen
4th season league win champions league semi final loss.

It's been great an at no point was there a match I genuinely was like there's nothing I can do expect from just facing a great team like bayen or Liverpool etc.

Last edited:
Yesterday I made the jump to Full Manual. The combined with Smokepatch (with goalsongs and chants added) is just amazing. It gets rid of the on-rails experience that PA1 or higher gives. Had to put the gamespeed down, but that adds to the experience for me.

Yes you're right it's good its keeping it interesting. For example, Manchester City can get beaten away to Norwich so I guess in that respect it's realistic.
I guess it was just the way it was so difficult those two games were, compared to the two I had afterwards.

You know the Manchester City players in real life would say exactly the same thing about that norwich game.

I tried to explain every step as much as i could?! What don’t you get?
It is a really simple procedure... and there is not much more to it as what I described.

How can I help you?!
Edit: follow the tutorial (wich I haven’t seen yet, please post it!) or follow my instructions. You can’t really go wrong either way! ;)
Haha no no, you’re good mate, you explained it fine ;)
I’m talking about the installation tutorial that is shown on Pes Universe. It’s a bit of a mess and you only have to see the comments under the video to see how many are confused by it.

So I’m preparing PesUni V3, but before I start, can anyone explain why it’s important to delete Edit Data? Obviously I get the deleting of every image and kit, but why edit data? I have a tendency to accurately edit stadiums (especially for La Liga and French League) so the netting is right and so no teams have the “type 1” turf pattern, which looks more like my lawn..

I’d rather not lose all this time and effort, unless of course I really have to in order for this to work.
Ok, so a little update.. I applied the V3 update without deleting the Edit Data and it seems to have been fine? I’m not too sure what’s been added in V3, but I know that the tactics are there for Prem teams, La Liga and also the big teams in Italy. So now I’m even more puzzled about the need to delete edit data, doesn’t seem necessary and only makes people lose all their work after they’ve spent hours doing so.

Ok, so a little update.. I applied the V3 update without deleting the Edit Data and it seems to have been fine? I’m not too sure what’s been added in V3, but I know that the tactics are there for Prem teams, La Liga and also the big teams in Italy. So now I’m even more puzzled about the need to delete edit data, doesn’t seem necessary and only makes people lose all their work after they’ve spent hours doing so.
There's no need. Its kinda like formatting your USB before uploading stuff on it. I never do that, just delete and thats it.
Once you do it few times - you'll know how to do it in the best way for yourself.

Me, in example, I only uploaded La Liga, EPL and Bundesliga (coz it had a lot of new faces) from V3. I didnt delete anything and I ticked both boxes (to replace images with the same name, so I dont lose space.

Each case is individual and once you know how it works - you can do it your way.

Haha no no, you’re good mate, you explained it fine ;)
I’m talking about the installation tutorial that is shown on Pes Universe. It’s a bit of a mess and you only have to see the comments under the video to see how many are confused by it.
I don’t know what to explain from that on...
it really is so simple. Can’t say more.
Hit me with a pm if you have further questions... and I’ll get back to you. ^^

Has the difficulty been ramped up? Just been leathered 6-1 off the AI on Superstar, I was Wednesday v Forest. I scored after 3 mins as well.

I'd LOVE to know how the decision to play Kane in the CL final came about.

PES tells me you never play a red arrow form player in PES if you have other choices available.

Anyways, real life goings on definitely whet the appetite for some ML. Anything can happen.

As a big fan of klashman tactics, I've had this thought too.
I think overall it makes the games more open and organic, less chess like, and yes, maybe a little easier.

It depends which teams yo some extent also. One or two tactics i dont completely agree with klash on (he's always very gracious about feedback which is incredible given the hours he puts in).
Its teams he sets to 'wide' defence. Like man city. It can leave them a little too open. I tend to adjust the to centre.

Weirdly, other teams he sets to wide do their job perfectly and you get sent into a midfield scrum.

But overall, the feeling of the game opening up and breathing, that makes the tactics only a positive for me. It's a but of miracle that he works...

But overall, the feeling of the game opening up and breathing, that makes the tactics only a positive for me
My thoughts exactly.
Ok - I won. I beat Roma 0-3 in my second game ffs. But:
First 30mins Roma was all-over-me. I couldnt get out from my half. It was a siege. Had to drop the bar to defending, coz it was mental. Then I had one counter and scored.
(Take that scripting, Konami!!!)
They went into rage-risk mode and I scored another two, ha!
So yeah, it was easier, but felt less scripted, I could breathe and I enjoyed it a lot.

My thoughts exactly.
First 30mins Roma was all-over-me. I couldnt get out from my half. It was a siege. Had to drop the bar to defending, coz it was mental. Then I had one counter and scored.
So yeah, it was easier, but felt less scripted, I could breathe and I enjoyed it a lot.
So you are telling me there is variety during the match?! How bad... ;)
Love to play klashed teams!! I’m fully with ya!! :)
This game, be it flawed in some regards, can shine so bright!!

Edit: best there is this generation!! :LOVE:

After two months of using the Vanilla Version 1.0, I'd like to summarize again but with greater awareness the strengths that, in my opinion, make it the best version of Pes 2020.
1) Amazing body collision check
2) ID_Player at the highest level
3) No catch bug
4) Excellent Finesse dribbling even without using skill
5) Randomness and variety in gameplay
6) non-rigid tactical interpretation by the Cpu
7) Cpu scores in many different ways
8) More human CPU shoots, not always lethal
9) Amazing ball physics
10) Mantra player: Think free, go free
11) Gorgeus pace and competitive, balanced gameplay between Player and CPU

It's not Plug&Play, it's not free from defects, it does not allow FO, it does not allow Roster Update...
It needs a strong effort in editing Cpu tactics to get the best out of it...
But it's the closest to the amazing demo and allows you to play offline the best football on the market today.
Here is a short video with some highlights of a match played tonight with my Fulham against Stoke, which scored a beautiful goal - Top Player - 10 Min H.T.

Last edited:
After two months of using the Vanilla Version 1.0, I'd like to summarize again but with greater awareness the strengths that, in my opinion, make it the best version of Pes 2020.
1) Amazing body collision check
2) ID_Player at the highest level
3) No catch bug
4) Excellent Finesse dribbling even without using skill
5) Randomness and variety in gameplay
6) non-rigid tactical interpretation by the Cpu
7) Cpu scores in many different ways
8) More human CPU shoots, not always lethal
9) Amazing ball physics
10) Mantra player: Think free, go free
11) Gorgeus pace and competitive, balanced gameplay between Player and CPU

It's not Plug&Play, it's not free from defects, it does not allow FO, it does not allow Roster Update...
It needs a strong effort in editing Cpu tactics to get the best out of it...
But it's the closest to the amazing demo and allows you to play offline the best football on the market today.
Here is a short video with some highlights of a match played tonight with my Fulham against Stoke, which scored a beautiful goal - Top Player - 10 Min H.T.

This debate can go on an on, end of the day it's personal preferences. I went back to Version one for a week then back to the new one with updated tactics and it felt far better. AI better, one game i had 11 fouls, last night Chelsea scored against me from 30. AI more challenging, manual passing seems far more improved in latest update. So some people will agree and some won't.

It
My thoughts exactly.

Its just the game being random in general.

Back
Top Bottom