eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

So, I have been giving PA1/Online Divisions a go. I got fed up with the horrible lag that you have to deal with when you search for PA0- users (since you at least have to have it set to "balanced" when you search to find someone) and decided to go PA1 since you can get (almost) lag free matches there (set to "require stable connection").

After about 15 matches I gotta say my impression is quite good.

Pros

* almost lag free 1v1 matches
* the good players shine through their stats.
* PA1 isn't that assisted which was my fear, when mixed up with some L2- passing it feels pretty realistic.
* I see more animations than I did with PA0, that might be related to the fact I can do more things with my player because of less lag buit it's nice anyway. Especially in shooting, long rangers are possible with good players.

Cons

* 80% of the time you face Liverpool and people trying to do the same thing over and over (get the ball as fast as possible to Mané/Salah/Firmino). It's quite easy to defend when you get the hang of it but it's a bit tiresome.
* It's obvious you face PA2-3 users from time to time, not that often as I feared though. But the combination PA3 + Liverpool, Jeebus, I just let go of the controller when I realize that is happening and let my opponent walk all over me. I can't understand how that gives someone enjyment but, hey, we are all different I guess.
* There are not much battles in midfield. Although players make more bad passes as they tire which is nice (as long as your opponent doesn't use PA2-3 of course).

So it's an OK experience. If they could make it PA0,5 it would be fantastic.

Last edited:
Perfect football game still after 2 months.. if following problems are solved it will be epic:
  • Opponent cpu doesnt react to your skill moves.. most of skill moves are useless
  • Tackling is OP for both player and cpu
  • On legend, players are more sluggish and un responsive.. do no lower player attributes on legend just make cpu better konami..
  • Fouls are still problem.. collision fouls especially
  • Finesse dribbling is so slow and useless
  • Player select still is a problem especially on offense
I hope some of those will be addressed on the fortchoming big patch...

Im loving this game at the moment. But, since nobody has mentioned it, does anyone thing the ball size needs to be increased a little... I cannot put my finger on it, as sometimes I looks just right, but other times it looks a tad too small (size 4 ish). I initially thought it was the type of ball used, but im thinking its maybe the actually cam angle, time of day, and stadium used.. as weird as it sounds.. since the lighting can affect ball size.
Interestingly, when I look back at my videos that I made playing the pc demo version.. the ball seems a touch bigger.. makes it look better in my opinion.. with the ball physics and spins etc. So maybe the size has decreased from PC to ps4 (pc having better lighting may have something to do with it) or from demo to full version. Weird... wondering what you guys think... Am I nuts thinking that the ball is a tad to small... n possibly shrunk since demo version, and certainly the 2019 version???

Am I nuts thinking that the ball is a tad to small.
You are. :LOL:
But its ok, coz I am too.
Remember the post @Chris Davies posted for us to guess which one was a demo and which one was full version?
One of the clues for me was size of the ball. I could clearly see the size difference in both clips. I was saying ball is smaller in full version. Needles to say - I was wrong. It was actually the demo clip that I thought had smaller ball. :LOL:
Its some HOPTICAL DELUSION as my mate says. Might be ball type or camera, dont know. But it didnt get smaller since the demo.

Edit:
Oh yeah, something I meant to say. So I started serie A to have a rest from e-sport logo on replays. Got to cup match.. and there it was again. Typical Konami. Lets license serie A but leave a generic cup. Half arse city.
Have to say - im getting a little bit tired with the 'depth' of this game. Very hard to keep yourself motivated to play it for many seasons. Cutscenes are identical, nothing unpredictable happens.. its just match after match after match.
Gameplay is good (altho nowhere near as good as some say here), but everything around it is quite.. depressing.

Last edited:
There's no need. Its kinda like formatting your USB before uploading stuff on it. I never do that, just delete and thats it.
Once you do it few times - you'll know how to do it in the best way for yourself.

Me, in example, I only uploaded La Liga, EPL and Bundesliga (coz it had a lot of new faces) from V3. I didnt delete anything and I ticked both boxes (to replace images with the same name, so I dont lose space.

Each case is individual and once you know how it works - you can do it your way.
Interesting. So do you think it really matters what order you do the method in? Like there must be a reason you don’t just select every team and let the download just run, you have to do it in rounds etc.

Also, any clue what the Brazil, Chile, Argentina (possibly) and Colombian club team files were? Would be handy to have a list that details what exactly has been added in each update.

So do you think it really matters what order you do the method in? Like there must be a reason you don’t just select every team
I suppose they simply divide them by batches that have to have certain box ticked and those that dont.
I usually update league by league, but its only to make it handy for myself. This way I know where Im at in the process. Also - probably more important - its easy to narrow errors down. From time to time you'll get "Load data not found" and the name of the team. Its easy to find it and upload again.

As for your second part - not sure, pal. I mainly focus on europe. Very rarely even update national teams, as I dont use them.

First PES in 13 years you should of played. Best football game since PES 6.

For me it is indeed the first PES since the atrocity of 2008 (I went with FIFA from 11 to 13 but only really liked 11).

After around five hours of mostly friendlies I do like the the general pace, the physics, the AI. Passing and shooting feels right, dribbling is intuitive (I don't know much about finesse dribbling but I guess I could use it more in tight spaces). Refs are terrible, free kicks are way too easy, penalties too hard. Player switching and reaction has improved but it's still not great. I'm glad to see that meaningless player ratings are still a thing, sadly no penguins. I've only played a handful of games of Master League, so I can't say much about the momentum complaints yet.

The default tactics are a joke, especially at goal kicks. Teams either set up so deep that the goalie can pass the ball to the center circle or they pretend to press high but leave the flanks completely unmarked. I hope klashman69's tactics correct some of that.

I suppose they simply divide them by batches that have to have certain box ticked and those that dont.
I usually update league by league, but its only to make it handy for myself. This way I know where Im at in the process. Also - probably more important - its easy to narrow errors down. From time to time you'll get "Load data not found" and the name of the team. Its easy to find it and upload again.

As for your second part - not sure, pal. I mainly focus on europe. Very rarely even update national teams, as I dont use them.
I’m always a little unsure about the “apply player and squad data”, what’s it for? Like what gets affected if you tick it when you don’t need to etc..

And yeah I get that. I don’t know why I apply it all, I’m never in a million years going to touch the J-League and yet there I go, wasting a good 5 mins installing all that pointless stuff.

I’m always a little unsure about the “apply player and squad data”, what’s it for? Like what gets affected if you tick it when you don’t need to etc
If you dont tick it for the fake teams - it will not give you created players.
So for example - you will have Bundesliga but only team names and kits. So you will have Borussia Dortmund, but they will have all the fake, not edited players in it.

If you tick it but dont need it - you might lose some of the latest players. If Live Updata or new Data Pack added some players and Option File was done before that - it will reverse to the team when Option File was created.

After two months of using the Vanilla Version 1.0, I'd like to summarize again but with greater awareness the strengths that, in my opinion, make it the best version of Pes 2020.
1) Amazing body collision check
2) ID_Player at the highest level
3) No catch bug
4) Excellent Finesse dribbling even without using skill
5) Randomness and variety in gameplay
6) non-rigid tactical interpretation by the Cpu
7) Cpu scores in many different ways
8) More human CPU shoots, not always lethal
9) Amazing ball physics
10) Mantra player: Think free, go free
11) Gorgeus pace and competitive, balanced gameplay between Player and CPU

It's not Plug&Play, it's not free from defects, it does not allow FO, it does not allow Roster Update...
It needs a strong effort in editing Cpu tactics to get the best out of it...
But it's the closest to the amazing demo and allows you to play offline the best football on the market today.
Here is a short video with some highlights of a match played tonight with my Fulham against Stoke, which scored a beautiful goal - Top Player - 10 Min H.T.

What game speed and what controls (shot type, pass type, and so on...) are you playing?

Sorry, i mean -1
Cheers
No problemo!! :)

I liked the pace of version 1.0 on default. Never had the need to slow it down. The animations took to long for my liking when set to -1.
With version 1.5 i wish there was a speed setting like 0,5. :)
Anyway, I felt a little teased watching your video but I’m sticking with 1.5 for now. ;)

I've been waiting for a sale on the digital version of this game and just noticed the Black Friday sales are live already for xbox gold members. Half price - seems pretty good. Since the first two Italian divisions are licensed, I was thinking of starting a Master League campaign in Serie B then trying to go up to Serie A, and into Europe etc. I can't remember how it works but I can start with either the default ML players or the real Serie B team and do this? Or will I be offered several choices as manager to start with?

No problemo!! :)

I liked the pace of version 1.0 on default. Never had the need to slow it down. The animations took to long for my liking when set to -1.
With version 1.5 i wish there was a speed setting like 0,5. :)
Anyway, I felt a little teased watching your video but I’m sticking with 1.5 for now. ;)

In my opinion, I find that the 1.0 has better gameplay, closer to that of the beautiful demo and I like to play it, more than the 1.5 that I also own on my other PS4. :))

I've been waiting for a sale on the digital version of this game and just noticed the Black Friday sales are live already for xbox gold members. Half price - seems pretty good. Since the first two Italian divisions are licensed, I was thinking of starting a Master League campaign in Serie B then trying to go up to Serie A, and into Europe etc. I can't remember how it works but I can start with either the default ML players or the real Serie B team and do this? Or will I be offered several choices as manager to start with?
You pick the team (any team in an 'active' league that you want) and then can either play with that teams squad, or the Master League defaults (for that region, so the Europe one for Italy). If you pick ML defaults, the players in the original squad become free signings.

@klashman69 tactics make the game more enjoyable and a little easier in SS for me. I’m unbeaten with Man Utd after 7 matches played which was unheard of before.

Game still has too much about it I’m not sure of though. Terrible refs, awful graphics /weird colour pallet, complete lack of atmosphere in every single match I play, the stiffness to players in ML, never getting awarded penalty kicks, ridiculous and pointless cut scenes in ML which add nothing to the game whatsoever, pitches that look like they were designed in MS Paint....it still looks and feels like a game made in 2006 to me.

Apart from that it’s good :LOL:

Anyone else feel like its genuinely worth playing with teams in different leagues?

This is on exhibition mode. I feel like playing thai leagues, or Turkish or russian etc, they genuinely feel worthwhile and a bit different. Not saying the leagues have their own gameplay style beyond epl, la liga and serie a, which do capture the rhythms of those leagues.
It's that each team feels different, as do many players, so going around the world sampling different teams feels worthwhile.. The game has personality this year for first time since pes 11 I think.

Or am I just fooling myself...?

Back
Top Bottom