eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Great. I'm even more confused now.

Any game changes?
It depends on your point of relevance.
Except for this the game is good for 1vs1 couch gaming with a friend, good on exhibition mode vs COM, decent for simple tourneys Cup/League custom or official.
Finally ML is the most subjective part . If you can by-pass the weird effects of bad TS, the awkward handicap of your human controlled players and the CPU magnetic fields as you climb on difficulty levels, and you find some balance among all these, than it is in a playable level.

My personal notes after some latest testings, Superstar is still a non-simulation level for a season, superstar AI when not having the "scripting" advantage, is almost harmless in all levels up to SS, i haven't try Legend difficulty.

What surprises me always, most people tend to blame the hardware limitations for the AI BS, while in the same time pes 2015/2016/2017 had much better and realistic CPU AI despite their flaws and even the bad 2018 had some good teamIDs , although it was ruined by the steroids scripting/handicaping boosts. All those were on the same hardware platform .

Anyone else feel like its genuinely worth playing with teams in different leagues?

This is on exhibition mode. I feel like playing thai leagues, or Turkish or russian etc, they genuinely feel worthwhile and a bit different. Not saying the leagues have their own gameplay style beyond epl, la liga and serie a, which do capture the rhythms of those leagues.
It's that each team feels different, as do many players, so going around the world sampling different teams feels worthwhile.. The game has personality this year for first time since pes 11 I think.

Or am I just fooling myself...?
I agree. Brazil feels different from Thailand or Italy. When i use Ajax against other big Euro clubs it's a whole other game... Or like now I am playing with amateur Belgian teams from a patch and it's really cool - the ball bounces all over the place because first touch is terrible, passes are harder to complete, easy shots are often butchered. The low level is apparent.

The real test will be Argentina - that one is very hard to replicate. If it's a war on the field with high pace and brutal tackles/collisions, yet great techinique, then I will know everything is spot on.

how is scripting in competition mode? In Pes 2017 scripting is less in competition mode, and so my favorite mode. Also there are all kind of different fouls. How is that in Pes 2020? For my feeling of freedom is very important.

I’d like to see one of your SS fuma matches! Is that possible?
how is scripting in competition mode? In Pes 2017 scripting is less in competition mode, and so my favorite mode. Also there are all kind of different fouls. How is that in Pes 2020? For my feeling of freedom is very important.
Ive not noticed any scripting in league and Cup. Modes, I don't play master league. Fouls range from around 4 or 5 per match to as many as 11 on one game. Penalties are scarse

Hey guys.

Please help : )

I am somebody who thinks that the demo was the best PES ever and I want to play ONLY that, so I have some questions. I bought game for PC and now I am playing demo on PC and I don't like at all the full game with updates.

- Is the full game v 1.0.0 the same as demo?
- I have original game on Steam, can I downgrade to 1.0.0? This would be the best option. Which is the lowest version that was available on Steam?
- I have PS4 too and I know that I can play offline with physical copy of version 1.0.0, but I would rather play it on PC, because I want to sell my PS4
- Is it possible to add any option files at all for versions 1.0.0 on PS4 or PC if possible?

Thanks

So I’ve applied the tactics for Serie A manually using the PDF (I need a lie down) and played a few exhibition games both on Top Player and Superstar. I definitely notice a difference and they play great. Only thing I will say though, and it’s only really minor, is that there’s too many gaps sometimes, especially in midfield and out wide, so it becomes too much like a tit for tat kind of game. I’ve had a few 6 goal thrillers, which are brilliant to start with, but then the novelty quickly fades when it keeps happening haha. I’m not sure if it’s fixable, but I’ve not seen such glaring issues playing with prem teams (so far anyway).

But apart from that, great job, definitely an improvement on the Konami horror show.

Can somebody help me. I try install PesUnivers v3 option. I delete all early option file manual and still i got message. "You cannot import any more images, the import will be cancelled. To import more data, first delete unnecessary images using Delete images option. What i do wrong??

Can somebody help me. I try install PesUnivers v3 option. I delete all early option file manual and still i got message. "You cannot import any more images, the import will be cancelled. To import more data, first delete unnecessary images using Delete images option. What i do wrong??
I have PS4

When importing the pesuniverse V3 file which leagues do you import first and which do you add data for and which do you leave blank ?

Thanks to anyone who can help

Go to your PS4 save data management. Go to PES 2020. Delete ‘Edit’ data.

Boot game and you will now have space to install the OF.

Hey guys.

Please help : )

I am somebody who thinks that the demo was the best PES ever and I want to play ONLY that, so I have some questions. I bought game for PC and now I am playing demo on PC and I don't like at all the full game with updates.

- Is the full game v 1.0.0 the same as demo?
- I have original game on Steam, can I downgrade to 1.0.0? This would be the best option. Which is the lowest version that was available on Steam?
- I have PS4 too and I know that I can play offline with physical copy of version 1.0.0, but I would rather play it on PC, because I want to sell my PS4
- Is it possible to add any option files at all for versions 1.0.0 on PS4 or PC if possible?

Thanks

I played 1.00 for weeks and yes its closest to the demo. Its better I think than the demo.

There is no way to import the option file on ps4 1.00. No way in hell I'm afraid.

So I’ve applied the tactics for Serie A manually using the PDF (I need a lie down) and played a few exhibition games both on Top Player and Superstar. I definitely notice a difference and they play great. Only thing I will say though, and it’s only really minor, is that there’s too many gaps sometimes, especially in midfield and out wide, so it becomes too much like a tit for tat kind of game. I’ve had a few 6 goal thrillers, which are brilliant to start with, but then the novelty quickly fades when it keeps happening haha. I’m not sure if it’s fixable, but I’ve not seen such glaring issues playing with prem teams (so far anyway).

But apart from that, great job, definitely an improvement on the Konami horror show.

Do you mean the game can begin to feel like constant perpetual motion? Like a slow motion basket ball game? That is the slight issue with klashman tactics, it may be due to the use of fluid formation which causes teams to constantly be shifting.

One adjustment i tend to make is have very few teams with wide defensive setting. I tend to go centre even where klash suggests wide.
And also avoid all out defence combined with contain. He has very few tactics that do that, but if in doubt, go front line and contain or all out defence and aggressive. Combined with centre. It tends to close gaps.

Also where klash leaves forward players as rwf/lwf or ss in the without the ball formation, I bring them back as wide midfielders. That also closes the game a little whilst keeping the organic feel of his tactics...

Do you mean the game can begin to feel like constant perpetual motion? Like a slow motion basket ball game? That is the slight issue with klashman tactics, it may be due to the use of fluid formation which causes teams to constantly be shifting.

One adjustment i tend to make is have very few teams with wide defensive setting. I tend to go centre even where klash suggests wide.
And also avoid all out defence combined with contain. He has very few tactics that do that, but if in doubt, go front line and contain or all out defence and aggressive. Combined with centre. It tends to close gaps.

Also where klash leaves forward players as rwf/lwf or ss in the without the ball formation, I bring them back as wide midfielders. That also closes the game a little whilst keeping the organic feel of his tactics...
Right ok! I noticed it in a few games, but in a repetitive way in my Genoa vs Fiorentina game. I was the latter. An example I’ve seen is when the ball has gone behind for a goal kick to the opposition, they launch it forward to the striker, my defender heads it wide and it reaches my winger in space with ease, which means he can basically just run at the defence with the opposition midfield playing catch up, so yeah, it becomes a little like a basketball match.

Like I say though, other than this, they play great and they’re definitely much better than I could come up with on my own.

Like this years Pes. Very good game, some flaws, but nothing game breaking.

I actually found out i probably will never think pes will be in level with the games on the ps2 era. Nothing to do with how the game actually plays. Basically cause im 31 now and not have this childish "love" for the players that plays now.

Remember on ps2 when u went into master league and there was 100 of players that u really liked, Ronaldo, seedorf, rivaldo, kaka, suker, nesta, carlos, rui costa, denilson and so on...... half the game was to go through all these amazing players and get them into ur team.

Now i go into master league and find all these good players but none that i fancy to have in my team or play with.

Even tho i still like videogames and Pes. I guess this childish imagination of being the players is a bit lost. Which been a big part of making Pes sooo much fun.

I actually found out i probably will never think pes will be in level with the games on the ps2 era. Nothing to do with how the game actually plays. Basically cause im 31 now and not have this childish "love" for the players that plays now.

Remember on ps2 when u went into master league and there was 100 of players that u really liked, Ronaldo, seedorf, rivaldo, kaka, suker, nesta, carlos, rui costa, denilson and so on...... half the game was to go through all these amazing players and get them into ur team.

Now i go into master league and find all these good players but none that i fancy to have in my team or play with.

Even tho i still like videogames and Pes. I guess this childish imagination of being the players is a bit lost. Which been a big part of making Pes sooo much fun.

They were great players because they were football heroes dedicated to the game and we only knew about them on the pitch. They were positive role models.

We are always looking for positive role models whatver age we are.

For me, if you need tattoos, slogans on shirts, fancy hair etc to show yourself it means you've switched the pitch for a catwalk, Can't blame them - shaped by modern tech photo / video opportunities.

Scholes, Asprilla, Owen, Cole, Berbatov, Davids, Nedved - a few examples of guys that came across as simple yet highly functional. I like that.

For modern times, Messi seems to be the only player I have utmost respect for. He has set the bar high. The only thing that beats Messi in the future is a humbler version of Messi. It ikely won;t happen which is why I think football that we have now in the CR7 and Messi era is possibly the best it will be and a game like PES 2020 is potentially a game I can come back to for a quick football fix for at least the next 10 years.

This game would have been so good if they have worked more on shooting variations. Sometime the ball flies in a straight line like a rocket.

I'd love to use Klash's tactics, but cannot justify sacrificing 7 seasons of ML, player development, story arcs, etc in order to start anew, such a shame konami Lock ML into an isolated save, so you cant adjust tactics on the fly and have them take effect.

7 seasons.....I understand.
Prolly wouldn´t do that either.

But how is it when you edit it by hand in the edit mode?
Because when you change boots etc, that takes effect in ML as well.

I´m just asking in case of editing some tactics for Serie B.
When I get promoted to Serie A and teams from there fall back to B and vice versa you don´t have every team covered with edited tactics.
So it would be good, to have both divisions edited.

The speed of the game, the tiny amount of time spent by each player on the ball reduces the time for individual expression. Although theres still good and bad players, the variation in play styles between real players is so much less I find. I'm 37 so that era of true individuals is one I remember.

Boban, suker, rui Costa, batigol, khaladze and on and on.

Even in england, when was the last time anyone scored a goal like le tissier did every other month?

And I find that translates to pes. The sheer glee of controlling these idiosyncratic individuals just isnt there because those players dont exist.

Off the top of my head, The last great idiosycratic 'individuals' were probably zidane and ronaldinho.

I adore messi. But a lot of his game (but not his goals) is functional. Its supreme function taken to the extreme. Never a bad decision, never a bad pass. Yet you know what's coming.
And that's in large part because of the sheer blistering speed of the game around him and because he plays primarily of his left side, which reduces his natural range of motion, unlike say zidane and ronaldinho who played more laterally.

So you're not alone.

There are difference areas to the pes database. Certain parts of this to do with playing data (player stats, team assignment, team tactics and so forth) are immediately stored in the ML save once created. This is to allow these things to change as the seasons progress.

There are other things (player appearance, kits, mostly visual elements) which do not change in the ML and so those aren't stored in the save and so if you edit them in your game, they'll change in all saves.

7 seasons.....I understand.
Prolly wouldn´t do that either.

I´m just asking in case of editing some tactics for Serie B.
When I get promoted to Serie A and teams from there fall back to B and vice versa you don´t have every team covered with edited tactics.
So it would be good, to have both divisions edited.
In the current database the changes that take effect in an already running ML are:
Name, height, weight,body type, face, preferred foot,COM playingstyle, motion and for teams : kits colour, home ground, banners, add banners.

The fundamentals that cannot be changed if the ML has already started are Nationality, position, stats, skills, playstyles and Gameplan and manager for teams.
Not sure only for rivalries.

The speed of the game, the tiny amount of time spent by each player on the ball reduces the time for individual expression. Although theres still good and bad players, the variation in play styles between real players is so much less I find. I'm 37 so that era of true individuals is one I remember.

Boban, suker, rui Costa, batigol, khaladze and on and on.

Even in england, when was the last time anyone scored a goal like le tissier did every other month?

And I find that translates to pes. The sheer glee of controlling these idiosyncratic individuals just isnt there because those players dont exist.

Off the top of my head, The last great idiosycratic 'individuals' were probably zidane and ronaldinho.

I adore messi. But a lot of his game (but not his goals) is functional. Its supreme function taken to the extreme. Never a bad decision, never a bad pass. Yet you know what's coming.
And that's in large part because of the sheer blistering speed of the game around him and because he plays primarily of his left side, which reduces his natural range of motion, unlike say zidane and ronaldinho who played more laterally.

So you're not alone.

Simply put the whole game has stepped up in terms of professionalism meaning that even the worst players in any given league are far closer in ability to the best in the same said league. So it's much harder for the exceptions to stand out and so you have less exceptions.

Le Tissier scored lost of great goals because not only was he a great player but also he mostly scored these great goals against lesser teams/players (don't get me wrong, he did also score against good teams). When he scored, those defenders/goal-keepers didn't do as well as most modern ones could. We still do get some amazing goals every month, it's just they are spread around the players, not limited to one or two special players (if they're all special, then are any of them special any more?).

It's not just that the modern game is faster. It's that everything has improved.

There are some amazing players in the past that could certainly cut it in the modern game, but most could not.
However, send any player playing regularly at a top flight club back 20 years and they would look like one of the top players in the game of that time (changes in ball weight and game rules not withstanding).

This is partly why I always start with terrible teams and strict transfer rules these days. As, without restrictions, it is far too easy to build a top quality team these days and even though there are far more great players in the game, the AI still seems to struggle to keep improving their teams 'correctly'.

Back
Top Bottom