eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Brief impressions

Its fairer and freer and looser and more organic and more open, much like the demo and v1.00.
In fact, I'd become conditioned to the rubber banding and magnetic ball of the last patch so much, I almost feel embarrassed when the ball breaks a fairly to my players as often as the cpu now (you do keep a girl on her toes, dont you konami).
And you can outpace players properly again and fool them with feints.
Yeah it's all there. Its not eve remotely placebo.
Legend is now freer and fairer than ss was.

Two downsides:
The ball is freer on the dribble but feels a bit too heavy and lifeless compared to the zip of previous patch. It feels closer to short pass physics of the patch before the last one.

Cpu has been a defanged a little. Yes they play better, more varied and fair but I had 30-70 possession as leicester against city on ss in a match up I've never managed more than 55% in on the previous patch

But then Southampton kicked my ass when iw as liverpool. But I had to go up to legend for that.

Overall it's better.

FYI

A new Update File (Data Pack 3.00 & Patch 1.03.00) was released on 05/12/2019. See below for details.

■ Changes to the Colombian League

・Changes made to the in-game name of the Colombian league. Changes also made to league and team emblems, club names and strips.
:SICK: I hate that marketing speak! Sounds exactly like EA... just come out and say: "we shit away the license and the patch will remove kits/crests"
That's a shame, because gameplay changes sound good according to the forum... hopefully editemos releases a patch for Colombia in the near future. And since when can a license issue screw up the game that's already released?! Must be some special circumstance.

Oh, and apparently Haaland is in the game now (if datapack is installed)

Last edited:
The swines, They destroyed the 2k games and they are doing thier hardest to destroy PES.
On the other hand, how Konami did not reach a deal with COMNEBOL in three years is beyond me...that's the punishment i guess. But I think in fifa Libertadores will include "Buenos Aires" and completely fake Brazilian clubs, so nobody really gets Libertadores. We will have the actual clubs and players, they will have the presentation.

:SICK: I hate that marketing speak! Sounds exactly like EA... just come out and say: "we shit away the license and the patch will remove kits/crests"
That's a shame, because gameplay changes sound good according to the forum... hopefully editemos releases a patch for Colombia in the near future. And since when can a license issue screw up the game that's already released?! Must be some special circumstance.

Oh, and apparently Haaland is in the game now (if datapack is installed)
You know dude, i do not have problem , let them screw all the leagues if they want.
BUT...KONAMI Have the self-knowledge whats your size as a company on the market AAND do not pretend your are offering a maderfakin full package CAUSE YOU DONT AND YOU CAN'T. ..But that's not bad again, i am not angry on this..you are puny, you are tiny..ok..I am not mad, not mad, not pissed....
BUT dear KONAMI since you are incapable for the basic, just do something simple. Let the unlicensed leagues and teams be fully Editable, nationally, banners language etc...or let us add/remove fully customisable leagues at will.. .
YOU CANT PRETEND TO BE SOME AVANt GARDE mofos that offer a closed database package , while in the same time you cannot handle a simple Colombian league license!!!!
Really pissed....

I like the patch. Players switching seems to be a bit smoother which is good for online. And as said by others the ball seems looser which seem to confuse high rated players online... :D I got the best message ever last night from a 800- something rated PSG- guy. Me being Gremio held him to a 1-1 draw after a good defensive performance (player switching crucial, don't charge the ball carrier, take control of the player close to the player you think will get the ball etc). He used the usual style of passing the ball with one touch football to the attacker in the box and score from there, very predictable. But with the ball being more unpredictable he lost it in places he wasn't used to making me having the ball more.

Afterwards I got he following message: "You suck, Konami always make the game better for noob players like you". Best. Message. Ever. :D

We should place bets now, if the next update, akadatapack fix, aka DP 3.01 will be pre or after Christmas! !!
Isn’t it usually coming around February?!

Woke up this morning. First thought: boot up the ps and play a match. :D like I was 16 again.
It’s still as good as last night!!

Need to go to the hospital now for some checkups. I’m old... ;) Fingers crossed it will work out fine!!

Let’s see how the league mode and ML unfold after the latest patch later when I’m back. I’ll let you guys know for sure. :BYE:

Last edited:
Isn’t it usually coming around February?!

Woke up this morning. First thought: boot up the ps and play a match. :D like I was 16 again.
It’s still as good as last night!!

Need to go to the hospital now for some checkups. I’m old... ;) Fingers crossed it will work out fine!!

Let’s see how the league mode and ML unfold after the latest patch later when I’m back. I’ll let you guys know for sure. :BYE:
Nope dude. You are not studing your lessons. The ".01" fixes come usually two weeks after their respective DAtapacks..in February we will possibly be on 4.00 DP.
Wait you tested on exhibition mode?

Games great still, AI is definately easier moved up to superstar and gone back to full manual as manual shooting feels a little more controlled.

Sorry
Nope dude. You are not studing your lessons. The ".01" fixes come usually two weeks after their respective DAtapacks..
Sorry principal, I was playing that one football video game all night.
I’ll do my homework next time, promise ;)

Did not check in the camera last night but when I didn’t remember it being delayed... should be fixed, right?!
R2 manual shots are much better now!! Awesome.

Overall great gameplay fixes and polish!
Bet TTB and spoony are with me on this. :P

Edit: what seems to be a “prob” from the demo times... lowered AI aggressiveness maybe needs to be conquered a little by upping the difficulty to top player. Will test that tonight.

On the other hand, how Konami did not reach a deal with COMNEBOL in three years is beyond me...that's the punishment i guess. But I think in fifa Libertadores will include "Buenos Aires" and completely fake Brazilian clubs, so nobody really gets Libertadores. We will have the actual clubs and players, they will have the presentation.
No, the CONMEBOL license comes with all participating teams, EA already confirmed that in their announcement.

Yeah this is good shite from Konami. Im loving it..even if i have to reapply Klashmanovic's tactics over next wk or so. I think Konami's approach (and their achievement with how many improvements we've seen this version) is pretty damn commendable. Honestly its the best theyve done since the pes6 days.. and those days were surely easier than the challenges theyve had to put up over the recent years of negativity. For me..the patches/dlcs, including this new one, have ever so slightly improved the game play n overall experience. Theyve listened n slowly kicked some ass. Im so glad. And despite some of the recent license losses, Its just getting better.

Btw has anyone tried out manual shooting with r2 finesse shot. Did it last night in free training n seems i still dont get that curl thats possible with basic shooting???hmmm???ill try again today..but it seemed to be a fix advertised in the patch notes. Anyone??

Since I´m using a gameplay patch (close to the demo), I´m probably not the best to judge.

But, a patched game also changes the aspects of the gameplay patch.
I´m still having a lot of fun with this!

I love the randomness and please don´t get me wrong...it´s not that I try spamming goals like this, but...
even a goal kick can reach your striker, it works because of that looseness of the ball physics and of course it doesn´t happen every time.

I just wanna say, that in eralier releases this was absolutely impossible. But now it is, which proves the freedom of the ball.
Sometimes, when you´re a few goals behind and the time is almost up, out of desperation, you try bringing the ball up front.

Animations, first touch error....I really love it.

And another important thing in my ML:
Big teams play like big teams...I got crushed by Juventus (0:5) (that damn Dybala^^), but have beaten Empoli.
So, this matter seems quite right.
I´m playing with klashman´s tactics though, so I don´t know about vanilla in that case.

Collisions and ref decisions on them are judged differently in some instances now.
Looks like less rocket shots. Again, better slower ball pace when shooting. Love that.
Noticeably more passing errors from big teams. Lovely.
Remember that animation were your player gets a ball played behind him and he sticks a leg out, ball deflects and opponent grabs it? As the AI is not super aggressive anymore I just recovered 2 of those in like 2 minutes with the player that lost it.

Test the dribbling yourself! I liked and like to go through 2 close opponents. But snatching through in between them from walking animation and then double pressing sprint. Try that move and tell me dribbling ain’t change due to AI being less „super human“ but more human. ;)

Overall pace seem to not have changed but animations and whole flow due to the changes. The weight to shots feels better, imo.
When it’s about loose balls I think they found a better balance of getting those ball back. There is a chance now. Feels so much better and doesn’t annoy over time when it happened like 70/30% (from my guts) in favor of AI like before. It’s just better. :)

Someone slap that big grin out of my face please!! :LOL:

:EASY:
Im with you here...I played 2 - 20 mins games and it felt bloody fantastic and noticeable improvement in many areas. 100% not placebo.

The AI movement of players your not controlling is absolutely incredible. The game just feels so 'alive' and organic. Even the AI build up play was brilliant taking their time in their own half only moving it forward when i really put pressure on them which looks very realistic.

They have absolutely nailed the camera now, It's perfection. Also one of the games i had went to Pens and they are far smoother with better presentation and the way you take them and save is now excellent.

I have been banging on about how older PES games (the good ones, 1-6) if you were in loads of space and you cracked it you always had a chance of scoring and you'd be jumping of your seat, Well last night the ball was coming out to my right back right just past the corner of the box and he's in plenty of space he rifles it with the outside of the boot with is going into the top corner only for the keeper to make a wonderous save. So while i didnt score it possibly now feels (more time needing to test) that these types of goals are back! Does Adam read this forum?

Overall the best football game since PES 6 just keeps getting better and better, Is it time to stop now though and focus on PES 2021?

Sorry

Sorry principal, I was playing that one football video game all night.
I’ll do my homework next time, promise ;)

Did not check in the camera last night but when I didn’t remember it being delayed... should be fixed, right?!
R2 manual shots are much better now!! Awesome.

Overall great gameplay fixes and polish!
Bet TTB and spoony are with me on this. :P

Edit: what seems to be a “prob” from the demo times... lowered AI aggressiveness maybe needs to be conquered a little by upping the difficulty to top player. Will test that tonight.

Sorry PRO, as much as i want to share your enthousiasm i am not convinced yet by this version. This game needs sliders badly. You just cant expect consumers to adjust their difficulty settings after a patch with 'a variety of minor adjustments'. I need to switch from professional to superstar to have any kind of midfield battles.

Its all so unprofessional its mind blowing to me. Contrary to my previous statement, this is not a better demo version. This is the version i bought from the playstation store, with the abonimal patch that made it just a tad too fast to avoid collisions and battles between players so that the referee doesnt get too funky and the CPU is at least somewhat of a challenge. They did not spend 2 months testing a tweaking to find gold. They just did a revert for reasons beyond me.

Passing and especially running is too fast for lower teams. It seems like they reduced the difference between better and lesser teams. My conspiracy is this all has to do with the PES light hitting the stores "oh wait, lets make the game a bit easier again for the new kids".

My ML is pretty much wasted because i am playing Brazilian league so it does not have Klashman tactics (which would of brought back some of the now missing subtilities). Dissapointed.

Sorry for the negativity. Not writing it off yet but without Klashman and playing ML, its not clicking for me. Maybe im just not having my day.

Sorry PRO, as much as i want to share your enthousiasm i am not convinced yet by this version. This game needs sliders badly. You just cant expect consumers to adjust their difficulty settings after a patch with 'a variety of minor adjustments'. I need to switch from professional to superstar to have any kind of midfield battles.

Its all so unprofessional its mind blowing to me. Contrary to my previous statement, this is not a better demo version. This is the version i bought from the playstation store, with the abonimal patch that made it just a tad too fast to avoid collisions and battles between players so that the referee doesnt get too funky and the CPU is at least somewhat of a challenge. They did not spend 2 months testing a tweaking to find gold. They just did a revert for reasons beyond me.

Passing and especially running is too fast for lower teams. It seems like they reduced the difference between better and lesser teams. My conspiracy is this all has to do with the PES light hitting the stores "oh wait, lets make the game a bit easier again for the new kids".

My ML is pretty much wasted because i am playing Brazilian league so it does not have Klashman tactics (which would of brought back some of the now missing subtilities). Dissapointed.

Sorry for the negativity. Not writing it off yet but without Klashman and playing ML, its not clicking for me.
All good mate. :)
Again, the way you put your worries in words is totally different to what I read sometimes and I like to read those impressions as well.
Stuff like “another patch - game is still shit” I hate to read. It’s not contributing to anything. It’s just ranting.

I’m over the conspiracy thing and such... don’t have time nor passion to get involved. i know what the game offers and what not, I’m enjoying it, end of story. :D

Im with you here...I played 2 - 20 mins games and it felt bloody fantastic and noticeable improvement in many areas. 100% not placebo.

The AI movement of players your not controlling is absolutely incredible. The game just feels so 'alive' and organic. Even the AI build up play was brilliant taking their time in their own half only moving it forward when i really put pressure on them which looks very realistic.

They have absolutely nailed the camera now, It's perfection. Also one of the games i had went to Pens and they are far smoother with better presentation and the way you take them and save is now excellent.

I have been banging on about how older PES games (the good ones, 1-6) if you were in loads of space and you cracked it you always had a chance of scoring and you'd be jumping of your seat, Well last night the ball was coming out to my right back right just past the corner of the box and he's in plenty of space he rifles it with the outside of the boot with is going into the top corner only for the keeper to make a wonderous save. So while i didnt score it possibly now feels (more time needing to test) that these types of goals are back! Does Adam read this forum?

Overall the best football game since PES 6 just keeps getting better and better, Is it time to stop now though and focus on PES 2021?

May i ask, what camera setting are you playing on?

There is more random play, which is nice. However, it still feels fairly straightforward from the CPU. Forward pass to striker, striker turns, shot on goal. There have been some nice reverse lobbed passes though. Foul detection in favor of the user seems to be hit or miss, while the CPU gets the advantage in the smallest fouls being called.

I did not expect much from the data pack, but for what is showing, it's a slight improvement. I personally am struggling to enjoy the game overall. I feel it's just kind of boring and linear. Will have to explore with tactics, etc, to see what can be done.
evoweb be like
LividConsciousCondor-size_restricted.gif

A new patch again? Every time I visit this thread there's a new patch? :LOL:

Which does nothing at all to the gameplay. ;) But its easy to lure back players bi-monthly to the game for a few weeks with a non detailed update relying on their expectations.

Which does nothing *but good* to the gameplay, *this time*. ;)
Fixed that for you! ;)

Have you played the latest version, gpl?! If so, what are your impressions?

The new one/default, Whatever its called. 0,5,5 if i remember right or 0,5,6
I’m still on 4,0,5 wth the new camera. I have tried to conquer that delayed cam movement but always came back to the good looking new cam with above settings.
Now that the cam delay seems fixed, I’m very happy with that!
New cam on 4,0,5!

Btw: my sound setup is 5, 5, 9, 9, 9, 9, 15!
Who said you can’t tweak PES on console?! :D

Last edited:
I personally am struggling to enjoy the game overall. I feel it's just kind of boring and linear. Will have to explore with tactics, etc, to see what can be done
This is a perfect summary.
Im happy to see all the positives here, placebo or not. Means that they didnt fuck anything up and people are still enjoying it.
But I just cant be arsed to even try it, as overall experience is flat as a pancake.
How many identical ML seasons I can go through? Think I just reached my limit.
And to think some just play exhibition, with no purpose and long term goal? Id never be able to do that..

Thinking back how they advertised Pes20 and their remastered ML trailer..
- drama and scenarios throughout the season..
- DAILY CHALLENGES and decision to be made..
- take part in exciting pre season, where you can test young players..
- unique story for every Master League..

Wow.. just wow..

Have a look yourselves and tell me honeslty how much of this is actually in the game..

Its quite shocking really how they can get away with this sort of false advertising year after year.

Im happy to see all the positives here, placebo or not. Means that they didnt fuck anything up and people are still enjoying it.
But I just cant be arsed to even try it, as overall experience is flat as a pancake.
And to think some just play exhibition, with no purpose and long term goal? Id never be able to do that..

Wow.. just wow..

Have a look yourselves and tell me honeslty how much of this is actually in the game..

Its quite shocking really how they can get away with this sort of false advertising year after year.
So now, after the patch and the game going towards the vanilla with its latest tweaks, you seem to shut down even more.
Doesn’t make sense to me. You owe yourself at least a few matches. Trust me on this one. You’ll not be coming back saying it’s worse, I bet!
Sure, you could feel that the new tweaks ain’t enough to “safe” PES2020 for you, but I’m pretty sure you will agree that the game took the right direction with this patch.
...even if you are not coming back full force.

You have your prios, and it looks like you enjoy the other games overall package more atm. And thats what it’s about. Enjoyment.
Later buddy!! :)

Brief impressions

Its fairer and freer and looser and more organic and more open, much like the demo and v1.00.
In fact, I'd become conditioned to the rubber banding and magnetic ball of the last patch so much, I almost feel embarrassed when the ball breaks a fairly to my players as often as the cpu now (you do keep a girl on her toes, dont you konami).
And you can outpace players properly again and fool them with feints.
Yeah it's all there. Its not eve remotely placebo.
Legend is now freer and fairer than ss was.

Two downsides:
The ball is freer on the dribble but feels a bit too heavy and lifeless compared to the zip of previous patch. It feels closer to short pass physics of the patch before the last one.

Cpu has been a defanged a little. Yes they play better, more varied and fair but I had 30-70 possession as leicester against city on ss in a match up I've never managed more than 55% in on the previous patch

But then Southampton kicked my ass when iw as liverpool. But I had to go up to legend for that.

Overall it's better.
Sorry, but Legend is plenty of Script&Boost&Cheat
For me at that level of difficulty is unplayable

Last edited:

Wow.. just wow..

That 3 minute something clip looks indeed very promising and of course it´s a lot different, when actually playing the ML.
The cutscenes get repetitive and all in all it´s not that exciting as it is promised in that trailer, that´s true.

But tbh, I have never really had high hopes for this. My expectations were really low, so I´m not that disappointed.
The transfer system is a bit better and I guess that´s it.
There is so so much room for improvement, you could set up so many things, stories, challenges as side gimmicks to the ML career, but knowing KONAMI, I´m certain they will never ever be capable of doing so.

I pick a low team of any 2nd division, build on it, get new players, I get connected to players which is actually more because of me, than because of the game, players get injured (which finally is back in), which challenges me to change my team and I´m fine with it.
I´m quite a causal player, can´t play that game every day, so first goal is, getting promoted to the first division, then take part in EL or CL, win those, or win a cup, win the supercup, win the league, trying to get specific players, developing a promising player from the youth team and so on and by reaching many of those goals, the year is over anyway and the next release is coming up.
So, I´m fine with it.
Yes, ML is dull, it lacks depth and there are quite a lot features missing, we already had before (like picking your sponsors, or invest in better doctors, co-assistants etc), but still...it´s enough to let me enjoy it to some extent.

Picking managers and having those cutscenes over and over again....it´s cool in the very first 10 minutes, but that´s it.
But even better than having none of that at all.

The gameplay is fine to me, except for some flaws. But since it let´s me enjoy the game, I can overlook those flaws.

surprisingly this patch has more improvement than the october gameplay patch for me
not saying this one is good and the october one was bad, its just a contrast

considering the dev prepared so long and emphasized so much on the october gameplay patch
tbh I was a bit disappointed that time because I had some serious expectation

this time, they said nothing about gameplay
just left the classic sentence: A variety of minor adjustments have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience.
I had no expectation before playing the game after the update
thats how it surprised me when I play the game, there are things that are mentioned by others here and I agree with them
for me the best improvement are the ai variety, a bit more randomness and freedom with the ball again
it makes me remember some of the feeling of the demo

surely there are still flows and downside, and at the end of the day ml script would ruin the gameplay
but this patch is just better than any version before( not the demo and the original ps4 v1.0 ofc )
I would enjoy playing some relaxing games in exhibition now

I dont know if it's just because I haven't played in over a week but I feel like the players are more weighty than the were in previous patches, more like they were at release. This seems to have happened without any loss of freedom and randomness, which was clearly not there at release, but crept back in through patches. Still need to play more.

Very nice to hear.
Just going to have to install it all again, i deleted it after going back to 1.0 earlier in the week.

Back
Top Bottom