eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

So people keep playing this on the highest difficulty and are having scripting issues? If only there was a way to change that! We'll have to reaaaaally think about this to come up with a solution!

My biggest issue with 2018 was one difficulty being way too easy and the next one frankly was not fun to play. So it's not always as simple as dropping the difficulty as you sarcastically made it out to be.

Tbf, none of my issues with gameplay have anything to do with 'scripting'. I don't like that word as I feel it's vague and overused.

Thanks to the person who posted how to do a low driven pass, absolutely awesome. Been on hols for a few days so couldn't test it until today

Yeah that's really useful right?

Right i'm seriously pissed off and I've raised this on reddit aswell here!
TTB the best PES Youtuber's account has been hacked by idiot cheapass scammers looking to take peoples BTC.

As you saw by putting my tactics through steam i did want to slowly and safely introduce you all into the good cryptocurrency can do but idiots like this have set back all plans i had, now everyone will look at Bitcoin as some scammy thing criminals use, the problem isn't bitcoin at all, its a great revolution. The issue is the lack of any regulation to stop criminals like this who do this constantly, stealing accounts which large followings for a truly pathetic donation scam!

rant over, So i'm doing everything to out these bastards so they think twice who they hack next.

Won an other penalty, in my ML, that's three in the same afternoon!!!! This time with my club team in Serie A. Tried to shoot it to the other corner, but lost it again!!!! Now i have 5 with the latest datapack, but 0/5, all saved by CPU!! Seems very strange.

Won an other penalty, in my ML, that's three in the same afternoon!!!! This time with my club team in Serie A. Tried to shoot it to the other corner, but lost it again!!!! Now i have 5 with the latest datapack, but 0/5, all saved by CPU!! Seems very strange.

I've won 2 penalties thus far. Pogba's gone to his left twice and it's been saved twice. I'd rather get free kicks than penalties (I hate you Tim Krul lol)

Restarted my United ML save for reasons. First game of the season was at home to Villa on top player. I'll post screenshots when I wake up but I got dominated but managed to win 3-1. Next match was away at Leicester and I dropped the difficulty to professional and pretty much dominated them. Leicester was still very dangerous especially on the break. Both matches were played on -2 game speed.

This is actually the first I've really given -2 game speed a try. I used it in PES 2017 as I felt that it helped somewhat minimize the supernatural reaction time that AI defenders had. I'm gonna give it a few matches and see how it feels in 2020. Up until now, I've been on -1 and I think it plays ok I just have issues with how the physics of player movement works, or rather doesn't work at times, in this game.

After 3 months of PES, it is such a great game, but it is so boring to play :/

I am talking about offline modes. Lack of atmosphere is such a big problem that for the last few weeks I play Fifa 16, that one I own, because the game atmosphere is on such a higher level.

i've been on reddit and twitter and i see a lot of real dislike for the game, mostly myclub there's even a tweet referencing a certain superfan who shall not be named who is deleting the game from their hard drive.... is it that bad? i'm plugging away at ML and kinda enjoying it a lot better than the last few years

i've been on reddit and twitter and i see a lot of real dislike for the game, mostly myclub there's even a tweet referencing a certain superfan who shall not be named who is deleting the game from their hard drive.... is it that bad? i'm plugging away at ML and kinda enjoying it a lot better than the last few years
genuinely never played myclub. Sounds rubbish but then I doubt any fotball game would be good online as people just want to win at whatever cost in terms of spending money or finding flaws in the game to explpit. I remember as kids nearly every football game has a flaw that guarenteed a goal or a save but playing locally with your mates you always agreed never to use said flaw. And that worked. Good luck applying that onlinr. Anyway back on point I'm loving the league mode on single player. Still best footy game I've played and still finding new controls and new ways to score.

I can only speak for myself but with each live update the ai definitely has a more organic feel. I'm personally experiencing more creative Ai gameplay, particularly around the 18 yard box. Just watching CPU Vs CPU exhibition matches even on professional difficulty can be a joy to witness. Their is still much room for improvement but as it stands it's much better than it was at launch.

Last edited:
Konami probably didn’t send him enough gifts this year

Shows you the exact type of people that have been stopping our feedback going through,Misleading people and insulting us every year.

Although he could be hacked as well lol

Hey guys haven’t played this for a while, just want to know is top player good to play on now cos I found on professional taking the ball off the AI too easy at times, on top player are the AI legs made out of concrete still or can you realistically take the ball of them

Last edited:
Hey guys haven’t played this for a while, just want to know is top player good to play on now cos I found on professional taking the ball off the AI too easy at times, on top player are the AI legs made out of concrete still or can you realistically take the ball of them
I find top player on Fuma the best level.im not talking master league though. Bad teams play as expected, I lose against the top teams but they are beatable. Pretty well balanced for me

I can only speak for myself but with each live update the ai definitely has a more organic feel. I'm personally experiencing more creative Ai gameplay, particularly around the 18 yard box. Just watching CPU Vs CPU exhibition matches even on professional difficulty can be a joy to witness. Their is still much room for improvement but as it stands it's much better than it was at launch.

AI is certainly decent going forward. Defensively......not so much lol

So I've played a few matches now in my fixed cursor ML save. As I said before, it is a struggle given how stupid team spirit is. I decided to give -2 game speed a proper go:

vs Villa.jpg

Top player. -2 game speed. As you can see Villa had the better of the match. Honestly surprised I was able to win given how poorly my teammates played (I played RWF in a 4213). Villa scored first. I tied it up before half time with a free kick. Then we scored 2 quick goals at the start of the second half and pretty much held on for dear life lol.

vs Leicester.jpg

Professional. -2 game speed. After what was an insanely frustrating experience at home against Villa on TP, I decided to give Pro a go. Well it started off well as I scored in the first 3 minutes of the match. Leicester were a mess until the second half when they were very dangerous going forward. Vardy tied it up before Rashford gave us the lead again late on.

Norwich.jpg

(Back to) Top Player. -2 game speed. Decided to give TP another go. It was another frustrating experience. Honestly shouldn't have won this match at all. Defensive errors galore meant Norwich had plenty of chances. I was bailed out by a combination of poor finishing (a lot of shots right at De Gea) and downright luck as they hit the frame of the goal twice. Ignore my shot total. PES doesn't know what a shot on target is; half of these were blocked. As for the goals we did score, one wonder goal and two lucky bounces. Got lucky in defense, got lucky in attack. Simply got lucky in this one.

Scoring goals is fun in PES. Especially in player cam. What isn't is being bumped off the ball every time an opposition player despite no matter what your or the opposition player's attributes are while opposition players feel like brick walls whenever they have the ball. In both matches on Top Player, my AI teammates struggled to cope with opposition players. Villa and Norwich bossed the games for large parts of it simply because my teammates were basically dominated physically and technically (they were passing the ball around us very efficiently).

As frustrating as playing Top Player was, given the ineptitude of my AI teammates, I'm concerned about sticking to Pro. While I am happy with the success in the second match against Leicester, I am concerned about things going too well on Pro. Leicester got tougher when they went more attacking, but until that point I definitely had an edge.

Overall there's a lot to like about the game. But man the AIs poor defensive play and overall poor decision making at times really stand out when you're playing fixed cursor.

AI is certainly decent going forward. Defensively......not so much lol

Defending ai certainly needs improvement but I'm seeing them taking more risks near their box to prevent goal scoring opportunities. Sliding tackles by the ai are much more noticeable and anything that increases the likelihood of being awarded a penalty can only be a good thing.

I must admit I've fallen back in love with this game with the latest version (3.0.1 or whatever...)

Not that I had given up before, I just had a month or so of not touching it. I was getting a bit fed up and every match felt like a chore. But in this version everything just seems much more dynamic and random in some situations.

I'm not crazy about the "scripting" in ML, but then again it's been there the last 10 years so I'm used to it by now.

The only 2 things I'd really like to change at this point is:

1. I haven't seen a direct red card awarded to the com player yet when it was definitely warranted. But I do think that the foul system has come a long way since release. But it might just be me and the way I play and the way my play style has evolved (I'm NOT saying that I'm playing it right or wrong but just that I've become slightly more comfortable with dribbling and therefore might be drawing more fouls...)

2. I'd really, really, really like to be able to configure my teams' custom kit to be 'tight fit'. Never thought this would be important to me, but this is the first time I've played a Master League with a fantasy team with my own kit designs and I'm so tired of seeing them running around in oversized polo t-shirts when the rest of the league's (French Ligue 1) teams have tight fit kits. It's just annoying to look at and kind of ruins the immersion for me...

Other than that, I'm pretty much golden :D

BTW, I noticed that in the picture below of some custom kits (although from PES 2018), at least there is a difference in the collar type of the different kits. My kits always default to the folded polo collar.

Anyone know how to change this? Or is the a PC only feature?

Attachments

• dg5wywt6hjn31.jpg
    dg5wywt6hjn31.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 13
ONLINE ONLY COMMENTS

Haven't been on here for ages but thought I'd come & vent a little :))
I loved this game when it first came out (I only play online) but I think the last 2 patches have ruined it online.
The game is even more unresponsive now & the players are headless chickens half the time & even leave the ball behind ffs.
My biggest annoyance with this game though is the refereeing, I honestly think its the worst I've experienced in a football game
in the last 10 years & I'm talking before the patches & after.
Online I constantly get hacked down but it plays on & if you watch replays the ref gives fouls when you win the
ball & plays on when you don't :THINK:it is pathetic!
The amount of times the refs given a free kick & I think yep damn right & then I'm stunned to find out its against me & not for me :CURSE:.
I had one game where the guy took both my centre backs out in one go & no foul, leaving him through to score with the keeper to beat, or maybe it was because he was playing with Barca ;).
I play with Arsenal as can't bring myself to play with any other team haha, normally always against Barca, Real, Juve, Liverpool, Man City & PSG but I win a lot more than I lose but the refereeing is really starting to spoil it for me.
I mean you can be through on goal but if a player farther back is fouled it brings you back for the freekick.

If I would like anything sorted in this game it would definitely be the refereeing & come on Konami isn't it about time you did a better job with the servers for this game because playing online is still a mixed bag even if you choose good connection only option.
Still it is a miles better game than FIFA (haven't played this years) but I wished it had there refs.

I do not agree with most that this game is better than last years but that is because as I just play online I think it was more responsive & the refs, actually refereed oh & I was damn good at it too! :D.

It is a totally different game offline, I get that but I just love playing real people, who play with different styles.

Peace! :COOL:

BTW, I noticed that in the picture below of some custom kits (although from PES 2018), at least there is a difference in the collar type of the different kits. My kits always default to the folded polo collar.

Anyone know how to change this? Or is the a PC only feature?
What do you mean different collar dude? All 3 kits seem to me, to have the same collar. Are there kits yours? What's the name of your fantasy team? And your custom kits? Gimme a lil bit more info.. :)

If i understand correct what you said, editing the collar is edit shirt/base design. Check this video below on 23:58 min.

Last edited:
Defending ai certainly needs improvement but I'm seeing them taking more risks near their box to prevent goal scoring opportunities. Sliding tackles by the ai are much more noticeable and anything that increases the likelihood of being awarded a penalty can only be a good thing.

Considering I've had 2 penalties in 2 weeks vs 4 penalties in 4 years of playing PES 2017, I'll certainly take it. The problem is I still feel the AI is too successful with their aggression at times. If a player is charging at me, I should be able to evade or wrong foot without him changing direction without losing momentum. They take risks, but it feels like they aren't punished enough for them. Or maybe team spirit nerfs my player's agility and reaction that much, which if it is the case, then it's broken.

1. I haven't seen a direct red card awarded to the com player yet when it was definitely warranted.

Oh I've got something for you mate:

Haven't seen a straight red in actual years.

Played a cup match last night in my fixed cursor ML save on Top Player and:

vs West Brom.jpg

I think I am going to avoid Top Player for the foreseeable future lol. Maybe I'll revisit it when my team spirit is in the 90s. I played pretty much full strength. Imo a team like West Brom shouldn't be playing attacking straight from kick off against a team like United, and even if they do, they shouldn't be anywhere near as successful as they were on the ball and in attack. I am enjoying -2 game speed though in player cam.

I like the result certainly, but I also value how I get there; how the match plays out.

Best goal for me in this match was this neat, albeit quite delayed, counter:

Last edited:
I really have a love hate relationship with this game. It's recently been more on the hate side. I'm so sick of CPU defenders reading my controller, making skill moves almost impossible to pull off :RANT:. Do people on lower difficulties experience this as well?
I've been playing on Professional and yes the AI frequently read most of my moves. That being said, i have just made the switch to Top Player as its become too easy for me

I haven´t played this game for two weeks until now.

First game was such a fresh experience and I loved it!

But now I am at the state, where it fucking pisses me off!

This game - specially ML - could be so much better if it would get rid of the damn scripting!
Specially at the start of every ML season, I have those bullshit games which I can´t win, or better said: which I am fucking not ALLOWED to win!

The manager whines at me cause of the bad start in the season, but what can i frigging do??

Whenever I score, AI gets a boost and shoots the equalizer with the very next attacks. And it absolutely doesn´t matter what I do and try!
Whether it´s man marking, parking the bus, playing ultra defensive...YOU....JUST....CAN´T.....HAMPER to concede a goal!

Not to mention the bad ref decisions...which I really could take but along with that damn AI momentum it SUCKS ASS! (sry for my bad language).

It´s always the same procedure. A lot of bullshit games at the start of the season...then middle of it, it seems to get better and at the end you win a lot of them.

I really like this game and I have had a lot of beautiful moments with it (y´all know my positive posts), but right at the moment I frigging hate it!

RANT OVER! :CENSOR:

Whenever I score, AI gets a boost and shoots the equalizer with the very next attacks. And it absolutely doesn´t matter what I do and try!
Whether it´s man marking, parking the bus, playing ultra defensive...YOU....JUST....CAN´T.....HAMPER to concede a goal!
Yeah, you're not the first to report this - I mentioned it earlier this week - and this guy on Twitter has tweeted Konami about it a few times, to no avail.

Sometimes i think that KONAMI uses literally "repeat until" in the code of the game.
Some kind of function "Repeat_until_goal_from_AI".
All possible variations of cheating from AI are included:
- It must be goal - but ball is hitting crossbar;
- It's 1000 times easy to score - but my player shoot with maximum power away;
- My AI teammate must score after ball rebound - but he goes away from ball very fast instead to finish attack.

But sometimes matches and separate moments just generate "WOW effect": it's so wonderful shot, beauty work of defenders here and here, excellent work with body covering enemy attacker and so on.

In any way KONAMI make big work under PES 19. I clearly understand that patches change balance from one update to another, but it always was like this - this is how it works.

Just trying to have pleasure with this (without doubts) best Pro Evolution Soccer on PS4 platform at this moment.
And have a break when something goes wrong in game and i tired from this.

To all - have a nice timespending with PES 20.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom