eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I really have a love hate relationship with this game. It's recently been more on the hate side. I'm so sick of CPU defenders reading my controller, making skill moves almost impossible to pull off :RANT:. Do people on lower difficulties experience this as well?

I know the feeling. I have played on pro and tp and yeah it feels like you can't use a defender's momentum against him. It's a combination of the player with the ball always slowing down to almost a complete stop and lightning ability and reflexes from the defensive players.

That combined with the unbalanced physicality in this game, dribbling isn't particularly fun.

I haven´t played this game for two weeks until now.

First game was such a fresh experience and I loved it!

But now I am at the state, where it fucking pisses me off!

This game - specially ML - could be so much better if it would get rid of the damn scripting!
Specially at the start of every ML season, I have those bullshit games which I can´t win, or better said: which I am fucking not ALLOWED to win!

The manager whines at me cause of the bad start in the season, but what can i frigging do??

Whenever I score, AI gets a boost and shoots the equalizer with the very next attacks. And it absolutely doesn´t matter what I do and try!
Whether it´s man marking, parking the bus, playing ultra defensive...YOU....JUST....CAN´T.....HAMPER to concede a goal!

Not to mention the bad ref decisions...which I really could take but along with that damn AI momentum it SUCKS ASS! (sry for my bad language).

It´s always the same procedure. A lot of bullshit games at the start of the season...then middle of it, it seems to get better and at the end you win a lot of them.

I really like this game and I have had a lot of beautiful moments with it (y´all know my positive posts), but right at the moment I frigging hate it!

RANT OVER! :CENSOR:

You know what I did when I started my ML save? Dropped down to regular and my teammate AI still struggled lol (I play fixed cursor).

I was talking to someone on here pretty recently and he said ML really should be played with the original team starting in a lower division. And I think that's one of the flaws with the mode; Konami has a specific experience in mind. One where you literally start from the bottom and when your way up. That's not how traditional career mode has been or should be.

Team spirit honestly needs to go or we need the option to turn it off. It ruins the experience and it improves so slowly I can imagine there are people who have given up on ML entirely because of it.

You're allowed to win matches. It's just really hard to and it feels more like a chore than what's supposed to be an engaging experience.

Best advice I can give you is to lower the difficulty until you find a happy medium.

The referees are poor at times yes but I still think it's an improvement, although a slight one.

I agree the game has its moments and there's a lot that's good. Unfortunately there's a lot about how ML works that take away from it.

They had moved the game quite far from what it what it was at the day one patch, at the cost of physicality, everything was very slight, a bit hollow. Now they have brought the physicality back but... I was actually having more fun how it was before (at 1.4 or somthing, who the hell knows at this point). I'm not sure the game has been made worse, it's just that I don't vibe with it as much.

Although, if it pissed Daniel Henry off, I can't be mad at that.

I am playing a bit of BAL these days at professional level, it's not half bad, let's me score just enough to want to play more.

I know the feeling. I have played on pro and tp and yeah it feels like you can't use a defender's momentum against him. It's a combination of the player with the ball always slowing down to almost a complete stop and lightning ability and reflexes from the defensive players.

That combined with the unbalanced physicality in this game, dribbling isn't particularly fun.

You know what I did when I started my ML save? Dropped down to regular and my teammate AI still struggled lol (I play fixed cursor).

I was talking to someone on here pretty recently and he said ML really should be played with the original team starting in a lower division. And I think that's one of the flaws with the mode; Konami has a specific experience in mind. One where you literally start from the bottom and when your way up. That's not how traditional career mode has been or should be.

Team spirit honestly needs to go or we need the option to turn it off. It ruins the experience and it improves so slowly I can imagine there are people who have given up on ML entirely because of it.

You're allowed to win matches. It's just really hard to and it feels more like a chore than what's supposed to be an engaging experience.

Best advice I can give you is to lower the difficulty until you find a happy medium.

The referees are poor at times yes but I still think it's an improvement, although a slight one.

I agree the game has its moments and there's a lot that's good. Unfortunately there's a lot about how ML works that take away from it.

Yeah, that´s what I always do.
This year I picked Pescara from Serie B and made my way up.
It´s a lot of fun building the team.
I already play on professional, but full manual.
And actually with the settings I have (gameplay patch, klashmans tactics, full manual, 20 min matches, speed -1) I found my sweet spot.
It´s not too easy and not too hard. I don´t win every game, I also lose some and AI can be dangerous...which is all good.

But these games where I literally know I´ll concede a goal....you can´t do absolutely nothing.
And this is mostly at the start of a season.
I can´t remember winning the first match of a season.

What I did, after having my rant post.....I changed my defense options from center to wide, as in forcing the opponent to attack over the wings.
Maybe it helps, as mostly they have that bullshit goals from the center.
The next 4 games have been great. Won, lost, had a draw and it played nice and the goals I conceded have been well.
I could comprehend and see my defending mistake from it...that´s how it should be.

You can use the defenders momentum against them and dribbling is fine. Faint one way say up direction then when defenders leans use super cancel to shift the ball down and past the defender. That's one of a lot of ways but its all down to timing and making use of super cancel

Can someone help me here. PES 2020 ps4 how do I change game diffuculty, searched and cant seem to find the setting to make gameplay harder/easier anywhere.

Can someone help me here. PES 2020 ps4 how do I change game diffuculty, searched and cant seem to find the setting to make gameplay harder/easier anywhere.
Just before you start a game, there is a tile called "General Settings"! Click on it. It is to the right side of the "kick off" tile.

Edit: here you go!
PES2017%2B2019-06-15%2B01-18-35-61.jpg

Last edited:
You can use the defenders momentum against them and dribbling is fine. Faint one way say up direction then when defenders leans use super cancel to shift the ball down and past the defender. That's one of a lot of ways but its all down to timing and making use of super cancel

Once again, that just hasn't been my experience. But maybe that's just ML being ML again.

Once again, that just hasn't been my experience. But maybe that's just ML being ML again.

My feelings on dribbling fall somewhere between the two of you. I have some moments where I think dribbling is fine but also moments where the AI has been psychic or made a physics-bending move to tackle me. This inconsistency coupled with shot-feints being considerably less effective, and certain useful skills being more difficult to pull off make it slightly frustrating, for me at least.

Just before you start a game, there is a tile called "General Settings"! Click on it. It is on the right side of the "kick off" tile.

Edit: here you go!
PES2017%2B2019-06-15%2B01-18-35-61.jpg
Thanks for the advice. When I bring up that the option is greyed out. Thinking perhaps I can only change at start of a new season. Playing ML as that's all I really play. Love the game but would like to try out different setting - so many thanks for advice.

My feelings on dribbling fall somewhere between the two of you. I have some moments where I think dribbling is fine but also moments where the AI has been psychic or made a physics-bending move to tackle me. This inconsistency coupled with shot-feints being considerably less effective, and certain useful skills being more difficult to pull off make it slightly frustrating, for me at least.

I definitely have times where I beat defenders. But a lot of the time it feels like I'm either too slow or defenders are too fast and agile. Or both tbf.

Like I said before, I appreciate the heavier feel of the game. But it feels like that doesn't matter to defenders at times which makes dribbling more difficult than it should be imo

Thanks for the advice. When I bring up that the option is greyed out. Thinking perhaps I can only change at start of a new season. Playing ML as that's all I really play. Love the game but would like to try out different setting - so many thanks for advice.
In ML you can change that as well. Only difference: the option isn’t found on the screen above but it is located in your ML menu. Click “system” tile and change difficulty.
Here it is:
master_league_2_pes_2020.jpg

Won an other penalty, in my ML, that's three in the same afternoon!!!! This time with my club team in Serie A. Tried to shoot it to the other corner, but lost it again!!!! Now i have 5 with the latest datapack, but 0/5, all saved by CPU!! Seems very strange.
It seems that they had the will to fix it by increasing penalties given but they cant, because their mechanism is broken & the Cpu GK knows where we shoot the damn shot...haha:BOP:

In ML you can change that as well. Only difference: the option isn’t found on the screen above but it is located in your ML menu. Click “system” tile and change difficulty.
Here it is:
Here it is:
Thanks
PRO_TOO
for your assistance, I knew I'd seen the setting somewhere before but forgot where it was. Think you've just saved me from pulling anymore of my already receding hair out. Can now start to enjoy this great game even more. Cheers

It seems that they had the will to fix it by increasing penalties given but they cant, because their mechanism is broken & the Cpu GK knows where we shoot the damn shot...haha:BOP:

I think I'll try taking the next one and see if I can score one lol. Until now I've deferred to Pogba and he's 0/2.

I tried online mode, MyClub and Onine Tournament. It's still laggy but has improved a lot compare to few years back. It's pretty balanced and skill-based, Konami didn't joke when they slapped the "eFootball" on the title.

I know in the old games players were on rails but since fox...players arent on rails they have rather a radius around them where the can consider to tackle or to get the ball and its a changing one i guess. Thats why sometimes you may see some jerky movements where the players cant get the ball which is like 10 cm from them or 3-5 players a ball watching when the ball goes right besides them with low speed and they just not programmed to get it. All lead to some really unnatural scenarios without consistency. At least in the old games you knew you are on rail you know what to expect, you will just smoothly run out of the field with that ball if you again hit sprint, or your player wont get that long ball as its on a completely different rail.

I've had quite a few moments like this myself. Too often it feels like the game deliberately ignores it's own game mechanics in certain situations.

Last edited:
20200111211624_1.jpg

Has anyone noticed the ai changed a bit recently? I havent played it for a while. But i see more runs, more long balls more vertical passes, some cut ins, direction changes (no dribbling skills yet), more long shots, more error frequency in shooting and sometimes even in passing, also some interceptions too on both player and ai sides.

Last edited:
Following on from the low driven cross advice which I now use all the time, I've also found the manual override button and shoot can act as chest height powerful cross, quite effective

This match got almost everything i like in this game.
well rather despise
- overboosted cpu in every department
- stupid ai on user side
- overpowered free kick goals

I guess the only reason i won is because its just exhibition.

Following on from the low driven cross advice which I now use all the time, I've also found the manual override button and shoot can act as chest height powerful cross, quite effective

My favorite type of cross is one whipped in with a lot of pace. Causes nightmares in the box and will get me an own goal from time to time lol

My favorite type of cross is one whipped in with a lot of pace. Causes nightmares in the box and will get me an own goal from time to time lol
Yeah I tried the driven low cross as a shot, took two deflections and wrong footed the keeper, wish I'd have saved it

Had a very good matchday fixture this weekend. I was playing Tottenham vs. Liverpool in exhibition mode and won it 4:2! 2:0 up, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 4:2! 2 yellow cards for Liverpool (5 fouls), 2 fouls for me.
I thought they might script me away but they didn’t. :)
Great fun!!

I often just pass the ball with x into the box at full strength, especially when near the endline, there is usually some lift in that ball, even high enough to head it in.

Probably the maddest thing I've seen in 15 years of PES. Note how the goal doesn't even count because the game suddenly decides it's half-time when the ball crosses the line.

Jeez, that's one of the best examples of why I've grown to hate PES gameplay I've ever seen!

That is strange I think 99% of games I can judge when the whistle goes and it's normally around the halfway mark, never seem it go in the area. Could it be a lag issue, the game thinks the balls somewhere else? I'm assuming this is online

Back
Top Bottom