eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Regarding save slots.
It's four per mode right?
Which means (correct me if I'm wrong) the total save slots are more than for instance FIFA's right?
I know it's more than 2k that I play,I think they have 4 slots for all modes.
Could be wrong here on how is done in FIFA,but if I have a player and manage career going,those saves are in the same folder

I spend more time figuring out workarounds than actually playing the game.

Guess, many of us do :P

The thing is...workarounds make many factors better, which gives you more joy.
Gameplaywise, graphic, athmosphere etc etc.

It doesn´t make the game perfect...not at all.
But there are ways, to make a better experience.
Ways we need, as the devs couldn´t make it or work too sloppy.

And this is the thing...
if there weren´t those "workarounds" and the game would just be crap (which sometimes I wish would be the case), I just woudln´t bother with it no more.

But since it´s possible, I can have my satisfying moments with this game.
Even it´s sad to know that it could be so much better.

Do you use a real life player aderow or do you make one up to use? I only ask because giving my player the gamesmanship trait (formerly 'malicia') ups the foul count somewhat. I know it would be better if refs were better but I feel like with PES, a lot of the time we have to come up with workarounds or ways to fix the game to our preference.

I use a created player (my BAL player imported) and he does have gamesmanship yes. I do get fouls called certainly. Just not enough.

In many ways the game is still in the PS2 era, with the lack of save slots, leagues, teams etc. As I primarily play on PC it's a bit less of an inconvenience for me but such limitations are so silly for this day and age.

Not even just that. The inability to name our saves frustrates me a lot as well.

I spend more time figuring out workarounds than actually playing the game.

Ain't that the truth.

Regarding save slots.
It's four per mode right?
Which means (correct me if I'm wrong) the total save slots are more than for instance FIFA's right?
I know it's more than 2k that I play,I think they have 4 slots for all modes.
Could be wrong here on how is done in FIFA,but if I have a player and manage career going,those saves are in the same folder

I have 5 ML saves so I'm guessing it's 5 per mode. 2K has ever few? Because I remember 2k16 letting you have 13 total saves.

I have 5 ML saves so I'm guessing it's 5 per mode. 2K has ever few? Because I remember 2k16 letting you have 13 total saves.
You made me Google😁
It's 10 nowadays.
But I think you have to consider settings/roster imports in those 10 slots as well.
Yeah,five it is on Pes per mode,I've never had an issue with that tbh.

Never checked that on purpose but I was sure, till the discussions started, that I was always able to save up to ten replays to slots.
I’m using the share features anyway but that’s due to the overall lack of save slots I guess.
A lot of good stuff missing from the ps2 days but some bad stuff from the past is still there. ^^ just switch that, Konami!

Every day I’m more sure: we need a fresh start!!

Last edited:
Never checked that on purposes but I was sure, till the discussions started, that I was always able to save up to ten replays to slots.
I’m using the share features anyway but that’s due to the overall lack of save slots I guess.
A lot of good stuff missing from the ps2 days but some bad stuff from the past is still there. ^^ just switch that, Konami!

Every day I’m more sure: we need a fresh start!!

3 on Xbox buds. Spare a though for us over here 😔👍

Yes i know me too :) :D
Here is my workaround:
Tiet1: If i think the goal is so amazing and unique, i save it in the original 10 slots. (Just to add here, from September until today, i have saved only 2 replays. For me this doesn't seem a PES of extra amazing of fascinating goals. Most goals are more or less repeatable.

Tier2: Good goals, but i have achieved something similar in the past. I capture it with SHARE, and if the default replay angle doesn't help, which is usual, i go and search for an angle manually, in replay menu. Also the available angles dont help much either.

Tier3: I capture straight the default replay and if it is bad angle, i go to highlights and tryto capture from there. Speaking of goals always. Talking about other highlights, it is still a pain in the @$$, what the AI considers a highlight.

In an ideal world from KONAMI perspective would have many slots to make our videos calmly and the wholre replay mechanism would be more flexible than the current limited, since PS2 replay mechanism , that works from whistle to whistle.

In an other ideal world, we would capture the whole match and then have monster PCs with high-end video editing programmes, to make the tailoring.

In our real world, it is what it is. If you want to play something better than the out of the box product, you must live with a 50-50 formula, 50% of hard work, workarounds, tricks, editing, fixes etc, and 50% of play the game.

Dude. Dude. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good advice but this should not be an issue. Over a decade ago - limited save storage - acceptable. Modern times - 1TB drives - unacceptable. Limiting save sots like this is disrespectiful IMO.

Thing is if I knew there was an great offline game to fall back on I'd be spending more time and coin in MyClub..... o well. Thanks for keeping me busy so I don;t have time to play MyClub konami . :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

PS slot numbers on XB1 - its THREE for ML saves and FIVE for replays.

3 on Xbox buds. Spare a though for us over here 😔👍
I’ll do! 👍
I was talking about PS4, just to clarify.
So sad for the X’ers not being able to edit and stuff...

Come to the other side...! ;)
giphy.gif

So what is it?! The exclusives? What keeps you over there?! The UI can’t be it (ps hi ain’t MUCH better, but better!!)! ;)
UI is Getting updated in a month i think.
Xcloud/controller/game pass,and why invest when your sitting on 40-50 games to a new console?
Plus,when I bought my first current gen,price!
And I thought about it when I bought my second XB,Xbox X or PS4 pro,for me it was quite simple a matter of hardware.
And,most importantly ,just to play Pes better?
We should all invest in gaming PC.
Kits and badges isn't enough.
I'd rather go for a PC,that would let me keep my game pass games for Xbox,on pc ,and smashing patches/game fixes for Pes.

I hardly play Pes nowadays anyway,and I love all other games for my Xbox.

That collision system is still broke. AI makes too much 100% perfect tackling and no mistake in penalty box. It's dosen't matter how hard chaos is going on on AI penalty box, no *ucking fouls. And that's how it goes. Shit game... :D

UI is Getting updated in a month i think.
Xcloud/controller/game pass,and why invest when your sitting on 40-50 games to a new console?
Plus,when I bought my first current gen,price!
And I thought about it when I bought my second XB,Xbox X or PS4 pro,for me it was quite simple a matter of hardware.
And,most importantly ,just to play Pes better?
We should all invest in gaming PC.
Kits and badges isn't enough.
I'd rather go for a PC,that would let me keep my game pass games for Xbox,on pc ,and smashing patches/game fixes for Pes.

I hardly play Pes nowadays anyway,and I love all other games for my Xbox.
Thats fair dude. You decide what you like and want to play.
See, for me it’s all about the software. And i don’t like the Shooter halo (more a fan of BF); i don’t like gears. But there is one title I look over to: and that’s the forza series. Preferably Motorsport. And thats it. Maybe some niche games..
I have FM as a cloud game and FH4 on disc (I lend a console from a friend).
But then I want to play Uncharted, GT, GOW, HZD, TLOU and so on....

But we are getting off topic here. I don’t mind mind keeping on that conversation in a thread where it’s appropriate.

Hauste rein.

That collision system is still broke. AI makes too much 100% perfect tackling and no mistake in penalty box. It's dosen't matter how hard chaos is going on on AI penalty box, no *ucking fouls. And that's how it goes. Shit game... :D

I agree the collision system isn't good but the AI by no means makes perfect tackles. AI makes bad tackles all the time. The game just doesn't call them as much as they should. Not to mention there are things that are not tackles that should be called fouls too.

I've had penalties. Tbf I've had more penalties in this game than I've had in any other PES in years.

I bought a PS4 for PES 2016 thinking it'd offer the very best of PES - well it probably does but I soon learnt that the very best is still way short of what I'm expecting.

I like the recent 2020 patch - just knowing its there to have a go at whenever I feel like it is what I've wanted for ages and not felt in past PES. I tried an Exh mode matc for PES 2019 today and it felt rubbish.

I don't think I'll be jumping to new gen anytime soon - who can keep up with current gen? so many massive games still to play....and so little time.

this could even be my last gen for gaming. its been good. :)

I agree the collision system isn't good but the AI by no means makes perfect tackles. AI makes bad tackles all the time. The game just doesn't call them as much as they should. Not to mention there are things that are not tackles that should be called fouls too.

I've had penalties. Tbf I've had more penalties in this game than I've had in any other PES in years.
I have more fake fouls from AI called by the ref in my pen area as i have awarded pens myself, after that latest patch. They kinda always have it wrong! ;)

Thats fair dude. You decide what you like and want to play.
See, for me it’s all about the software. And i don’t like the Shooter halo (more a fan of BF); i don’t like gears. But there is one title I look over to: and that’s the forza series. Preferably Motorsport. And thats it. Maybe some niche games..
I have FM as a cloud game and FH4 on disc (I lend a console from a friend).
But then I want to play Uncharted, GT, GOW, HZD, TLOU and so on....

But we are getting off topic here. I don’t mind mind keeping on that conversation in a thread where it’s appropriate.

Hauste rein.
Go for Project Cars/asseto Corsa.
Though Forza Motorsport is great
Sorry for OT

One thing that has always intrigued me is when you play ML/league mode with a created player,CPU takes probably 70-80-90% of their free kicks in him,and if I play that way I usually get a fair/ok amount of free kicks,even on Pes 18.
What if I would set up a whole team with created/edited players,that have to trigger a lot more free kicks?
Haven't tried it yet
Anyone else on the same line with created player/s?

One thing that has always intrigued me is when you play ML/league mode with a created player,CPU takes probably 70-80-90% of their free kicks in him,and if I play that way I usually get a fair/ok amount of free kicks,even on Pes 18.
What if I would set up a whole team with created/edited players,that have to trigger a lot more free kicks?
Haven't tried it yet
Anyone else on the same line with created player/s?

I wanna think that's a coincidence but I have no evidence for or against it honestly.

Would be interesting if true tho

They like to murder me yes lol
Add 10 more😁
If I have the time I'd setup a ML with 15 created players and test it.
Strange thing playing league/ML is that I get more free kicks on REG/professional than on TP/SS,much more sloppy and not so precisely in tackling etc

We xboxers are constantly getting you know what where by konami.
Remember how good it was on 360.
Still not enough to move over to ps for me.
Btw, how was PES 6 on 360 (if you played it)? Everyone says it was great on PS2, but, for example, fifa 07 was just a poor shadow on xbox.

I didn't get to see much football in the mid-2000s, so I am watching those seasons now and want to get a game for that time frame.

Btw, how was PES 6 on 360 (if you played it)? Everyone says it was great on PS2, but, for example, fifa 07 was just a poor shadow on xbox.

I didn't get to see much football in the mid-2000s, so I am watching those seasons now and want to get a game for that time frame.

And short review from one man who was played:

I played, a raw product in terms of all kinds of features / customization, the field is visually larger, as in PES 2008, but the gameplay is almost like in PES 6 on a PC, which good in general, it was interesting to play, compared to the PC version there is more freedom and random.

Thanks Sany, that sounds quite good. I don't expect much in terms of customization anyway. And I guess for my console i would need to get Wining Eleven version, which is usually even better than PES, right?

Thanks Sany, that sounds quite good. I don't expect much in terms of customization anyway. And I guess for my console i would need to get Wining Eleven version, which is usually even better than PES, right?

Usually all think that Winning Eleven is more polished and finished version for own sales market.
So i think that it's true.

Pes 6 on 360 was horrible content wise,gameplay good though,that game (on 360) was really before my time with the console,but a mate had it and I installed it and tried it out around-14.
So much content from PS2 is missing.
There's a section in here(Retro thread) that has tips on older games,I have Pes 5+6 on a very basic laptop at home,really solid on pc,I'd recommend you play those instead of 360.

Edit saw that @Sany023 answered as well,he's the go to guy regarding old Pes games and installer/patches for it

Back
Top Bottom