eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Hey guys, I don't know if I'm the wrong thread but I want to know if there is any way to remove or disable team spirit in ML? I hate that shit, my players looks so bad...

well i just played and replayed napoli v feyenoord. my players falling over losing possession. when i make good tackles the opposition GET UP FASTER THAN MY STANDING player to keep possession. when I'm pressing with a player they move then hesitate a moment making the tackle i'm expecting not happen. And when I do get the ball the ref works against me to call fouls for the slightest of touches.

I enjoyed the first few games of this new ML save but this game just was blatant inhibition by programming algorithms and feels dirty and cheap. about 40 mins lost playing these games.

NOT ENJOYABLE AT ALL. Spoils my morning.

Back to waiting for a next patch and the occasional Exh match and seeing if I can find my 2010 disc.

.....btw - no there is no option to turn off TS in ML.

well i just played and replayed napoli v feyenoord. my players falling over losing possession. when i make good tackles the opposition GET UP FASTER THAN MY STANDING player to keep possession. when I'm pressing with a player they move then hesitate a moment making the tackle i'm expecting not happen. And when I do get the ball the ref works against me to call fouls for the slightest of touches.

I enjoyed the first few games of this new ML save but this game just was blatant inhibition by programming algorithms and feels dirty and cheap. about 40 mins lost playing these games.

NOT ENJOYABLE AT ALL. Spoils my morning.

Back to waiting for a next patch and the occasional Exh match and seeing if I can find my 2010 disc.

.....btw - no there is no option to turn off TS in ML.

Thanks for reply dude, yes spirit team is shit... I can't understand why its so heavy that effect :(

Myclub suffers with the same problem as Master League, it isn't engaging at all. ...At least i had to struggle to buy new and better players and that was exciting.

This is the no1 problem for me. There is absolutely nothing to chase in myc. No real leagues or competitions, no rewards, no grind! It’s just play next play next play next and all for poxy GP. And giving everyone a cheatcode every week in the form of featured Lewandowski Etc (coz the normal one ain’t deadly enough🤦🏼‍♂️) is just beyond me. All the faces they add and promote on Twitter and the whole community is using a mixture of about 15 players.
ML is the same. Zero depth. So annoying when gameplay can be this enjoyable 🤷‍♂️ the mind boggles with regard to their plan. my theory for the last couple of years, where let’s face it apart from gameplay which IMO has improved with each iteration, the games have been pretty bare. And I’m hoping all their eggs are already in the next generation basket and they might just blow us away.
El Fingres crossed 😬

oh and make the game pa1 exclusively online. that surely is a no brainier. There’s freedom and mistakes on PA1. Its enough. Stop carrying these 'anti-footballers' Konami.😤

when i make good tackles the opposition GET UP FASTER THAN MY STANDING player to keep possession.

Yh I noticed they apparently employed ambassadors in the form of Andreas Iniesta and Ian Dowie and worked with them to improve the game from a more realistic perspective. They added finesse dribbling and bouncebackability 👍

Unbelievable how I still strugle to find a sweet spot in this game. It´s kinda sad really, how much time I´ve spent with it. Playing on PA0 is a good challenge for me on Pro level, but I end up every single match with 15 attemtps, 10 or more shots on target, and CPU only shoots one or twice, results usually are 1-0, 2-1, 1-1, with the odd 4-0 for me here and there. Really tired of dominating each match, but working hard to score only once on each 15 attempts, while CPU needs just one or two to score the goal.

Went to TP lately, and PA0 is just a nonsense, as CPU has perfect passing at crazy rithm, while I have to work really hard to put the perfect pass on every try. And don´t give me the BS that weak passes have been fixed on latest patch because they weren´t. I have too many situations where I press just the wright amount for a good pass, but somehow the game senses I might get something out of this, so surprise surprise, my player suddenly looses all his power and the ball looks like it´s travelling on mud for an easy interception from CPU. Out of frustration, I move to PA1 and I win 4-0... I mean, it´s totally out of balance. And fouls? Man, I don´t even want to talk about them.

Might as well just go with PES 2017, a way more balanced game with almost no BS, even on TP PA0. I don´t get fouls, but I´m not getting them on PES 2020 anyway. At least not on a realistic way.

This sh!t is insane!
The best player I've seen on a football pitch.

P.S: And I've seen Messi.
Seen Riquelme twice live,when he played for Villarreal ,brilliant player.
Wouldn't say he flew under the radar here in Europe,but at that time Pirlo/Zizou where the top dogs/getting the headlines.

@xicpanad Spot on!
Can't set this up right either,League mode gets the gameplay right,but after a while it gets pretty dull.
I'm tempted to go back to Pes 17 as well.

I'll give 2017 ML a go with Napoli.

lost faith in 2020 til a next patch drop.

also I noticed 2017 has more slots - only lord konami know why they reduced ML save slots from 5 in 2017 to 3 in 2020 and replay slots from 10 to 5 on XB1.

Seen Riquelme twice live,when he played for Villarreal ,brilliant player.
Wouldn't say he flew under the radar here in Europe,but at that time Pirlo/Zizou where the top dogs/getting the headlines.

Yeah, I think Roman would have Pirlo cleaning his boots, honestly.
He (and Forlan) took an unknown Villarreal to play the semi-finals of the Champions League then he missed the penalty :( and to be up there with the best teams of La Liga, which is probably one of the VERY few he missed in his career) with some incredible performances. Zizou went and chose Riquelme to exchange his last-ever shirt, in his final game.
I think he did fly under the radar. He was brought to Barcelona when Van Gaal didn't want him (what a jerk), so he never really gave Riquelme a fair chance. I know Guardiola or even Rijkaard would have loved to have him on their team.

I've seen him live so many times and he was a class act. Elegant, effective, intelligent, creative. I miss him so much.

He (and Forlan) took an unknown Villarreal to play the semi-finals of the Champions League (then he missed the penalty :( ) and to be up there with the best teams of La Liga, which is probably one of the VERY few he missed in his career) with some incredible performances. Zizou went and chose Riquelme to exchange his last-ever shirt, in his final game.
I think he did fly under the radar. He was brought to Barcelona when Van Gaal didn't want him (what a jerk), so he never really gave Riquelme a fair chance. I know Guardiola or even Rijkaard would have loved to have him on their team.

I've seen him live so many times and he was a class act. Elegant, effective, intelligent, creative. I miss him so much.
Brilliant player mate.
And Villarreal...one of my favourite teams in La Liga,so much fun to watch (still) them.
Tough patch last year,but really really good , especially with their budget etc.
Van Gaal...utter shit!
Yeah I remember the Riquelme/Forlan combo,so good!

Last edited:

also I noticed 2017 has more slots - only lord konami know why they reduced ML save slots from 5 in 2017 to 3 in 2020 and replay slots from 10 to 5 on XB1.
Shitty move by konami!
Pace is too high on Pes 17, I'm on and off between -1 and -2.

He (and Forlan) took an unknown Villarreal to play the semi-finals of the Champions League (then he missed the penalty :( ) and to be up there with the best teams of La Liga, which is probably one of the VERY few he missed in his career) with some incredible performances. Zizou went and chose Riquelme to exchange his last-ever shirt, in his final game.

The overall standard of football may be higher now but if you grew up watching football in the 90's and 00's, it impossible for your heart not to sink a little at the memories of riquelme and all the other standout individuals of those two decades.
Hell, even a player like Juan Carlos Valeron, who wasnt quite top tier back then, brought so much individual intent and style to bear on a match.

I've supported liverpool since 1989 and weve won almost nothing in that time. Here we are about to win the league, something I've been desperate for most of my life and yet my predominant thought is how boring so much football is these days, including a lot of liverpool's football, despite what the press in the uk continue to write (they havent been exciting since 2018).
Collective, automated, systemised football with very little room for truly individual moments.
Very little magic.

Doesnt surprise me that pes and fifa can feel quite boring at times, even allowing for their obvious flaws in design. A lot of what we bring to a football game is what we can impose upon it, the images we take from real life players and then import in our minds into the game when we play it. Pes to pes 6 were the years of superstar individuals, with football becoming much more elite without yet moving towards overly collectivised styles of play. It was the perfect time to bring out brilliant football games that captured the styles and abilities of genuinely star players. It was the perfect synthesis.

Now we have flawed games barely capturing the individuality of players with barely any individuality to begin with...

And so ends my lament.

@Chuny I agree totally. Best attacking player of the 21st century, last genius playemaker to date. Even in his latest seasons in Boca, when he did not run at all, he was still always the best on field purely on technique, thought and unmatched understanding of the game. Boca always fell apart when he was injured. And I thought the greatest embarassement was when Maradona squeezed him out of the national team in 2009 with all that bullshit about the daughter and Aguero, etc. and tried to make a 10 out of Messi. It all went downhill without Riquelme.

One of my biggest wishes is that there is a legend version of Riquelme in this PES. He was there before because of Barcelona, I don't understand why they don't add him. There is OF out there with him, but it's "created player" and there is certain unique stuff like hidden traits and uneditable parameters that won't be the same if it's not official player from the database with the correct ID. Especially when it comes to legends.

@Sobakus @Chuny
I know my rants in how fun and good other games can be,in this case,2k where you can start their version of ML with only retro players if you want,never mind all the created rosters you can import straight from the game,retro jerseys etc.
Can't understand why it's not a thing for FIFA /Pes.
Especially in FIFA where they have removed classic kits,I get why (sponsors want their shitty betting logos to be seen)
I want options on my games.
Imagine start playing your ML career in 93/94(or some other year),having kits and the right treat's for each player.
Instead we have to very rigid games in that area.
Soulless!

Really feeling this game again I must say. Maybe it is the long period away from it. I don't know.

My biggest issue is actually the camera. I don't think the stadium camera is following the flow good enough.

What are you guys using?

@Chuny I agree totally. Best attacking player of the 21st century, last genius playemaker to date. Even in his latest seasons in Boca, when he did not run at all, he was still always the best on field purely on technique, thought and unmatched understanding of the game. Boca always fell apart when he was injured. And I thought the greatest embarassement was when Maradona squeezed him out of the national team in 2009 with all that bullshit about the daughter and Aguero, etc. and tried to make a 10 out of Messi. It all went downhill without Riquelme.

One of my biggest wishes is that there is a legend version of Riquelme in this PES. He was there before because of Barcelona, I don't understand why they don't add him. There is OF out there with him, but it's "created player" and there is certain unique stuff like hidden traits and uneditable parameters that won't be the same if it's not official player from the database with the correct ID. Especially when it comes to legends.

I Tweeted them about it a few days ago.
It'd be the only "legend" player I'd be interested in, honestly.
I'd probably even get him for my ML!

oh and make the game pa1 exclusively online. that surely is a no brainier. There’s freedom and mistakes on PA1. Its enough. Stop carrying these 'anti-footballers' Konami.😤

I don't think that will ever happen. Every time he was asked to use one default passing setting for everyone online Bhatti said that everyone should be able to enjoy Pes.

Like you i think PA1 is enough for everyone to enjoy Pes. It's quite balanced between freedom of passing and assistance, it's also the setting the game defaults at when you first play it. So, why not use PA1 online? Since Pes fans are generally a lot more hardcore than average Fifa players i don't think many will complain if they will be forced to adapt to PA1.

I'm done with this game. I'm trying to enjoy Online divisions (manual passing) but it is soo, soo soulless. Everything takes forever to perform (and no, it's not because of lag) and predetermined. I see the same outcome and scenarios over and over again, and that is on PA0! Oh well, it's just 7 months until the next game drops...

Try 10v10 manual if you are tired of lack of dynamic situations

@Sobakus @Chuny
Imagine start playing your ML career in 93/94(or some other year),having kits and the right treat's for each player.
:SHOCK: OMG
I'd be lost to the world forever

Btw, since you game on PC idk if you saw it before, but there is an early 90s patch for major European leagues for PES 6. I dont know how good it is, but it may be good, because someone paid to get it made.

:SHOCK: OMG
I'd be lost to the world forever

Btw, since you game on PC idk if you saw it before, but there is an early 90s patch for major European leagues for PES 6. I dont know how good it is, but it may be good, because someone paid to get it made.
I should really look in to that,there's a ton of patches and option files for Pes 6 over at the retro thread.
Played pes 6 a few weeks ago,even though the stadium wasn't good irl,got all fuzzy playing Stadio del Alpe,juves old stadium.

well

ML 2017 seems to be diseased too.

Meh.

….folks, I'm going to try get more interested in some other games. This title ain't worth it.

Really feeling this game again I must say. Maybe it is the long period away from it. I don't know.

My biggest issue is actually the camera. I don't think the stadium camera is following the flow good enough.

What are you guys using?
Blessed to be on PC using the great nesa camera tweaking modules, I use Dynamic wide 0, 0, 0 and more zoom out and lower height more than what game maximally allows.
Hate stadium cam to death!

Sometimes teams just play so passively... it's weird.

This is all on professional, all regular league/cup mode. Yesterday I was playing euro qualifiers with Greece and Superliga with Argentinos. Stronger teams would really push me around at times and I lost to Boca 2:0 with no chance at all. Barely scraped by against England, got a last minute equalizer (i needed a draw to finish 2nd), had really close tough games against Gimnasia LP and Slovakia, beat Gibraltar easily. All was good and fun and challenging.

Today, I am playing a CL with Young Boys. In my group I have Benfica, Arsenal, and Bayer. I played them once each and in every game I am dominating, opponents are acting like rabbits in front a snake, very timid, defensive... It's still hard to break down their defense and the difference in players' skills results in the other team being able to put together an effective move once or twice per match and finish well, so I am at four points now, but the way the games are is so unnatural. I completely dominate them. Bayer didn't even try to come to my half of the field while losing 0:1 at home. Benfica was a complete pushover. Arsenal I lost to, but very unfair result, because I was completely the boss in the game, but didn't finish well.

What is this nonsense? If there is one major issue for me in this game, it's that right there.

Back
Top Bottom