eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Good morning guys! Quick question: when the EURO dlc hits, it will be a mode similar to League Mode, right?! Simple structure, no fancy stuff, no TS?!

What do you think?

I figure it'll be the same as whatever cup mode is in the game. So yes no TS.

I just had a lot of fun loosing 1:4 with Everton vs. ManUnited! How they polished that randomness with each update is great. So many situations that looked real. Unpredictability. :)

I don't mind the midfield situation to much anymore. Why would I dislike a good product that is only flawed by some stuff?! Really. I would like to see progress in some areas! But this game is giving me joy none the less!!

I tend to do more low shots from the far. They look so lovely when they bounce twice before reaching goal line area. :D
Everyone who’s “hatin’” PES... have you ever seen a far away strike hitting the ground multiple times?! ;)

Lovely stuff!! :LOVE:

Last edited:
sigggghhhhhh :SHAKE:

not surprising most of you religiously play offline. starting to wear thin is my patience with this game online.
just made a clip but can't even be a**** to upload it as it just boils me. was another example of my opponent playing a desperate 180 turn, lob thru ball, with his left back, BLIND, with my player right up his jacksey, that clears midfield and goes straight to the feet of mbappe. who turns and has a 3v3 seconds after me pressuring him. he has literally made a mistake, one of many trust me, and has been rewarded with a chance at goal. its sickening. the problem I have and will always have with this game is that I'm trying to play football on a football game. and its impossible. its soooooooooooooooo easy to get chances by pumping it forward from cb. no build up required. play 2 dmfs? tried it. mark wingers or cfs? tried that. offside traps. nope. DDL? nah .... basically play anti football to win. don't pass it around. don't drag your opponent around while his spamming 2nd man press. don't play manual passes in behind into space. don't use dummy 1-2s

just run down the wing.
cut back
and tap it in.

gg

Last edited:
and for the record I play online pa1. and EVERY time I accidentally play one of these passes behind me, which would be to a player 5 or 6 yards away (why would I even be trying to spin and hit a 40 yard lob thru ball to my winger, oh yh thats right , its META) where I've misjudged the first touch or not quite turned correctly before playing the ball, I GIVE IT AWAY! or its loose and up for grabs.

I just had a lot of fun loosing 1:4 with Everton vs. ManUnited! How they polished that randomness with each update is great. So many situations that looked real. Unpredictability. :)

I don't mind the midfield situation to much anymore. Why would I dislike a good product that is only flawed by some stuff?! Really. I would like to see progress in some areas! But this game is giving me joy none the less!!

I tend to do more low shots from the far. They look so lovely when they bounce twice before reaching goal line area. :D
Everyone who’s “hatin’” PES... have you ever seen a far away strike hitting the ground multiple times?! ;)

Lovely stuff!! :LOVE:

Do you mean player positioning in midfield?

Also it's cool that you're having fun. But it isn't really fair to be dismissive of people who aren't. There are valid reasons why people aren't having fun with this game. Your fun doesn't change that tbf

A bit depressing that this game doesn't sit right with me,so much potential,but falls flat when playing it,and by that I mean ML.
I'm juggling 17+18 at the moment,17 obviously being my favourite there,though the looseness/dribbling/ball physics of 18 is truly great,there's to much space there.

A bit depressing that this game doesn't sit right with me,so much potential,but falls flat when playing it,and by that I mean ML.
I'm juggling 17+18 at the moment,17 obviously being my favourite there,though the looseness/dribbling/ball physics of 18 is truly great,there's to much space there.

I'll be honest. I think I'd have a lot more fun if I just went back playing 11 on 11 instead of fixed cursor. But I don't want to do that. Mostly because I really like the fixed cursor style experience. And also because I'm too lazy to learn how to defend again lol

I'll be honest. I think I'd have a lot more fun if I just went back playing 11 on 11 instead of fixed cursor. But I don't want to do that. Mostly because I really like the fixed cursor style experience. And also because I'm too lazy to learn how to defend again lol
Ha ha,yeah I get that pal,I'm playing an online league on NHL with friends,just controlling myself,then I tried to go back to franchise mode where I have to change cursors etc,and I suck,Pes and FIFA being the exception du to muscle memory,but I get what you mean pal.
On the other hand,one doesn't get that pissed off when losing on fixed cursor,or frustrated with CPU ai?
Hate to control a defender that gets smoked by a overpowered CPU attacker,having no tools defending them etc.

How does TS affect you on fixed cursor Vs normal settings,do you notice any difference?

Good morning guys! Quick question: when the EURO dlc hits, it will be a mode similar to League Mode, right?! Simple structure, no fancy stuff, no TS?!

What do you think?

Usually I'd be hyped for Euro DLC but I think the intro of stuff like nations league and womens football its all become a bit too saturated and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/feb/28/uefa-nations-league-draw-details-280220

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And I have no doubt it'll just be some stale DLC like its always been

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ha ha,yeah I get that pal,I'm playing an online league on NHL with friends,just controlling myself,then I tried to go back to franchise mode where I have to change cursors etc,and I suck,Pes and FIFA being the exception du to muscle memory,but I get what you mean pal.
On the other hand,one doesn't get that pissed off when losing on fixed cursor,or frustrated with CPU ai?
Hate to control a defender that gets smoked by a overpowered CPU attacker,having no tools defending them etc.

How does TS affect you on fixed cursor Vs normal settings,do you notice any difference?

Lol that's why I speak so much about the AI and game mechanics. Because conceding from unnatural behavior is more apparent when the AI is lacking and mechanics are flawed. Conceding doesn't frustrate me unless it's because of something that's genuinely wrong with a game mechanic or AI (lack of) awareness.

Team spirit works the same. In fact it might even have greater impact because I'm not controlling my teammates imo.

It sucks because when things work, this game is fun.

Unfortunately it's so inconsistent. A few days ago I commented how I had a fun night in the 2 matches I played. Then I turn it on the next night and my teammates are completely helpless and hopeless. I have no idea what happened. The difference between the 2 nights I played was night and day.

Have they released a new patch in the last week or so? I started a new league mode with Celtic and the gameplay has been fantastic. Maybe it's that the player's abilities are all over the place so you see the randomness feature a bit more but it's been a lot of fun.

Yup. 18 had acres of space right in the midfield. Such a game breaker for me. It could have been a great PES if it wasn't for that. But you see? Every version of this game has "that something" that breaks it. We can go from version to version and we'll find that BIG issue in every single one of them.

And I suppose it's to the games credit that that does work...I'm just not sure I'm going to spend any more fixing this game...teams always retreating and tracking runs into their own six yard box really does endanger the enjoyment of the great final third attacking teammate AI.

I completely understand where you're coming from. Especially as the're weekly team updates etc.
Which means your efforts to edit teams' tactics can be in vain. Unless, you only edit the teams in the league you play and start a ML.

One thing I would recommend (if you haven't done this already) - in Advance Tactics Defence - Counter Target, select your quickest player (usually left or right winger). Basically, this player won't track the opposition's full back, which means if your winger should be wide open for a long through ball over the top.

Yup. 18 had acres of space right in the midfield. Such a game breaker for me. It could have been a great PES if it wasn't for that. But you see? Every version of this game has "that something" that breaks it. We can go from version to version and we'll find that BIG issue in every single one of them.
Absolutely,I feel the same way no matter what company puts out a football title.
Think the last two games has more flaws than 17+18 though.

Yup. Which is why I get more and more frustrated with the yearly model as the years go on.

Usually I'd be hyped for Euro DLC but I think the intro of stuff like nations league and womens football its all become a bit too saturated and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2020/feb/28/uefa-nations-league-draw-details-280220

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And I have no doubt it'll just be some stale DLC like its always been

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't forget that if Covid-19 goes full pandemic, it will be the only Euro 2020 we ever get.

Exciting times!

Don't forget that if Covid-19 goes full pandemic, it will be the only Euro 2020 we ever get.

Exciting times!

Covid is pish compared to MyClub.

https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2020-demo-discussion-thread-ps4-xbox.80426/post-3404512

I'm sure there's enough post-MyClub evowebbers out there to keep the tourneys going.

I'll take this opportunity to call dibs as an offensive right-back.

Also, a note to the manager : I don't get out of bed for less than 100K per week.

Have we ever seen fewer videos on a pes thread of great goals?
I think that's a real problem for this pes...as good as I think it can be in build up, there are just so few great goals scored....

Have we ever seen fewer videos on a pes thread of great goals?
I think that's a real problem for this pes...as good as I think it can be in build up, there are just so few great goals scored....

They just aren't satisfying to score. The way the ball hits the net, or when the keeper supermans into the atmosphere to hit their head on the crossbar, yet still misses the ball.

They just aren't satisfying to score. The way the ball hits the net, or when the keeper supermans into the atmosphere to hit their head on the crossbar, yet still misses the ball.

I get a little satisfaction from the sheer punch of the initial shot but then, yeah, that feeling of emptiness and nothing quite coheres.

I've screwed up a bit. I've gone back and forth between pes and fifa the last couple days and ended up going off both.

I'd conditioned myself to fifa's lightness but now it feels hollow after pes's weight!

Silly me...

Hey anyone ever fancied 11 v 11 on Xbox one? Team play lobby?
There’s about 8 of us that play most evenings (vcom mostly but occasionally 4v4 etc..) but it could benefit from more 'footballers' if you know what I mean. It’s a bit rushed. A few of us try to play a bit of footy ...
Anyone?

I've decided to give it a go since i missed last two Data Packs and some users were reporting that game is absolutely amazeballs right now. Played 5 games on my old ML save, with 93 Team Spirit.

I can safely say that, to me, absolutely nothing has changed since last time I played it. Overpowered AI that bullies you constantly, but when you sneeze at them - its a foul. Game is extremely unresponsive and you feel like you are battling the controller all the time.

The minute I scored the goal AI was turning on Hulk mode and most of the goals I conceded were turn and shoot, where my defender could not get to AI player due to some fucking magic force field around them.

I honestly dont know why I did this to myself. Now Im just annoyed...

I'll get my coat.

Last edited:
most of the goals I conceded were turn and shoot, where my defender could not get to AI player due to some fucking magic force field around them.

I call it the 'Drogba'; when a striker posts up the defender then turns off him and gets a shot off while holding multiple defenders off. With that kind of Herculean strength, Drogba would be proud.

Shielding is quite OP especially when the defender is behind the ball carrier

Back
Top Bottom