eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

At least they brought back the fouls in the latest patch. Sure it makes the game stop and start, but it added more dimension in the gameplay.

They did?

I tried to play a couple of matches every day and i see average is 1, 2 fouls committed by CPU. With many matches being 0 fouls.

I’ve really been enjoying this lately. Playing with CSKA Moscow master league, top player home matches and superstar away. Basic passing, advanced shooting, Even bumped the speed down to -1. Might be because with Akinfeev as captain CSKA start with 93 team chemistry so I haven’t noticed any scripting or BS from the AI. I also made sure to remove deep defensive line from every other RPL team before I started. When this game is clicking and plays well man does it play really well.

I play on Top Player with Level 1 passing and a while back changed to advanced through ball which has given me some nice variety with where I can put the ball but occasionally frustrating. More good than bad though. I decided to try advanced shooting again after I tried it once a long time ago and didn't like it. Started seeing some shooting and goalkeeping animations that I'd never seen before. It's good!

Just finished a season with Celtic but the way I play with a slower buildup I'll either need to increase from 12 min games or drop it down to Professional if I want to get more shots off a game. Very enjoyable though.

Do you think DP5 is better than 4?

I had a goal today where GK saved and there was a loose ball. All the Barcelona defenders retreated AWAY from the ball whilst my Kane kept going forward and scored.

Had to switch off. I'm confident DP4 played better.

That's a fundamental flaw with the code and not something a patch is going to fix. The second the ball touched the keeper, the defenders switched from defense to offense and moved to their attacking positions.

Like i said before, the game has no logic for the transitional phase. It was the same in DP4. That behavior isn't unique to DP5. It's been like this for a while.

I will say that player switching being as bad as it is has exacerbated the issue.

Hi!
I am new to PES this year,and I wonder if anyone know how (If it's possible) to play a league online versus a friend with custom teams?
We have tried alot of different things...
Shareplay had the problem with user generated media.
The nearest we came after sending edit data to each other is playing friendlies there we just can see our own kits etc. (Can live with that)
My hope is that it should be a better way to make it a league mode?

Hi!
I am new to PES this year,and I wonder if anyone know how (If it's possible) to play a league online versus a friend with custom teams?
We have tried alot of different things...
Shareplay had the problem with user generated media.
The nearest we came after sending edit data to each other is playing friendlies there we just can see our own kits etc. (Can live with that)
My hope is that it should be a better way to make it a league mode?
In your console locally, can you play with 2 controllers, without the "generated" media issue?

-> If no, setup the second ps profile properly and go SHREPLAY again. It is a shame if SHAREPLAY functions correctly for you and your friend to not play for such a small detail.
Some of us cannot even pass the connection speed test in order to use SHAREPLAY.

-> If yes, and it just works different for SHAREPLAY, then forget what i said until now.

End_If !!!!!! :P :P

I don't normally play on line but thought id give the E cup competition a go - 1st game i won on pens , 2nd game i lost on pens and 3rd game i lost in ET. Not sure what it is but 3rd game a was playing with man utd (only allowed me to select from 2 premier league teams?) they just felt sluggish with slow turning and poor first touch - going back to single player and it was super responsive again

@Alx1234 do you have digital? If you buy the disk now, you could update to DP5 and keep it for good. Or did you mean that you want the Euro box specifically?

@Davve unfortunately there is no way to use custom squads online, even through shareplay :((. Or, more specifically, you can have custom squads with in-game players in shareplay, but not kits or additional players from patches. In online friendlies you can have kits, but not players and you are stuck with Konami's "online squads". The only way to play properly is to be in the same room.

There is a small workaround with the Master League team import, but it's a pain and it's only one team at a time, not the whole league.

@Alx1234 do you have digital? If you buy the disk now, you could update to DP5 and keep it for good. Or did you mean that you want the Euro box specifically?

@Davve unfortunately there is no way to use custom squads online, even through shareplay :((. Or, more specifically, you can have custom squads with in-game players in shareplay, but not kits or additional players from patches. In online friendlies you can have kits, but not players and you are stuck with Konami's "online squads". The only way to play properly is to be in the same room.

There is a small workaround with the Master League team import, but it's a pain and it's only one team at a time, not the whole league.

I have digital.

I have no disc but if there was a standalone PES2020+Euros DLC edition where both were on the disk rather than anythingbeing updated via connection then I think I'd happily get a copy - if the gameplay were on par with DP4.

DOn't worry too much about it...konami F'd up. They should have delivered something far more solid by now. Crap game company and crap staff and PR stuff.

LOL … I mean what kind of game makes it customers spend a whole frickin year editing it just to make it play good? Such a joke.

When everything's shutting down around me, I just think this company should ve delivered better way sooner.

Jep!! Same here, some matches goes without any fouls by CPU. :(

Same.

I only bought the game the game recently but have now played a full season and half offline and haven't seen a single penalty.

This was actually a game breaker for me in the last PES I owned which was, I think, PES 2015.

You can't have a football game without fouls. It's like not having throw ins or corners or headers or other basic features.

No fouls mean there are so many scenarios that never happen:

a) there are no indirect free kicks;
b) there are no direct free kicks;
c) there are no penalties;
d) there are no yellow cards;
e) you never get to experience playing with 10 men;
f) you never get to experience playing with 9 men;
g) you never get to experience playing against 10 men;
f) you never get to experience playing against 9 men;
g) there is no need for a sub keeper;
h) players never get suspended.

That's just some examples of things that simply never happen in this game in 2020. But did happen in this game in 2000. That's simply unacceptable.

The rest of the game is pure joy. And I have had to do work arounds. I play offline and I use Football Manager to generate seasons and only play matches through Exhibition Mode.

I've got to the stage where I am arbitrarily awarding myself and the CPU team* penalties when I see something which I deem as a foul in the box. Just so I can have an acceptable number of penalties in a season.

I'm also relying on Football Manager to generate bookings and suspensions.

In 2020 this is ridiculous.

* Another thing which could end up being a game breaker is the CPU teams can't seem to score against me. It was all very enjoyable beating Buffon's record for consecutive clean sheets but I am conceding less than 20 goals a season and am getting 20+ clean sheets.

I still need to move up to Superstar level (or whatever it's called) and might need to extend the match times and, if all else fails, might need to start increasing finishing stats for CPU players.

Here is a little video explain some fixes to the DP 5 game play that I discovered on the PC but could apply to the PS4/XBOX as well

Testing using Vanilla PES DP5 on Top Player; The changes need to be done to both the user and CPU side (must be done in EDIT mode, before loading up your ML save). You must do the following below in order to get the fix to work.

Game Speed @ -1 0 *Changed*
Lower positions of MID & FWD on the gameplan screen
Support Range / Defensive Line / Compactness : 4 / 3 / 6
Set Advanced Instructions to : Wing Rotation, Gegenpress x2 (for both defensive instructions)
Turn on Auto Offside Trap

Last edited:
Same.

I only bought the game the game recently but have now played a full season and half offline and haven't seen a single penalty.

This was actually a game breaker for me in the last PES I owned which was, I think, PES 2015.

You can't have a football game without fouls. It's like not having throw ins or corners or headers or other basic features.

That's just some examples of things that simply never happen in this game in 2020. But did happen in this game in 2000. That's simply unacceptable.

The rest of the game is pure joy. And I have had to do work arounds. I play offline and I use Football Manager to generate seasons and only play matches through Exhibition Mode.

I've got to the stage where I am arbitrarily awarding myself and the CPU team* penalties when I see something which I deem as a foul in the box. Just so I can have an acceptable number of penalties in a season.

* Another thing which could end up being a game breaker is the CPU teams can't seem to score against me. It was all very enjoyable beating Buffon's record for consecutive clean sheets but I am conceding less than 20 goals a season and am getting 20+ clean sheets.

I still need to move up to Superstar level (or whatever it's called) and might need to extend the match times and, if all else fails, might need to start increasing finishing stats for CPU players.
You hace two more difficulty leve like s to go, Superstar and Legend. And since you play on Exhibition mode, there is no fear that it would be a total mess like on ML.

Let me ask two questions:

1)How do you pass the PES game results into your FM season?

2)How do you award penalties? Basically how you do it for yourself? For cpu i think it is obvious , you can intentionally tackle the COM player. But how you win?? a penalty for you?

Same.

On legendary and superstar there are fouls i get at least one direct freekick per game and overall fouls range from anywhere from 2 to 6 - also AI does get booked but not seen many reds. Penalties are infrequent and definitely should be more - ive had maybe 5 since release but it seems to change patch on patch - this patch ive had one last patch zero as an example. Other than penalties fouls have been improved since 18 and 19 definitely. Legendary is the best mode overall for me but its tough at times - but this is the mode i see most fouls and most varied AI attacks and long shots

You hace two more difficulty leve like s to go, Superstar and Legend. And since you play on Exhibition mode, there is no fear that it would be a total mess like on ML.

Let me ask two questions:

1)How do you pass the PES game results into your FM season?

2)How do you award penalties? Basically how you do it for yourself? For cpu i think it is obvious , you can intentionally tackle the COM player. But how you win?? a penalty for you?

Basically in answer to both questions I use an Excel spreadsheet to bring everything together.

FM provides simulates everything I need for a career - fixtures, other team's results, youth team, transfers, injuries, suspensions (because there's not enough yellow/red cards in PES) etc.

PES provides the gameplay.

I play the FM fixtures through PES and set up the opposition team with the same players and tactics as FM.

The only thing I need to do then is get the results (not the scores) to match. I just play the PES match with the FM game running in the background on my laptop and then replay the matches on FM until the results are the same.

I keep a league table, fixtures, team stats etc on the Excel spreadsheet.

It sounds more work than it is. I basically play two matches with 10 minute halves in an hour.

I've managed to play 10 plus seasons doing this and it's actually quite fun particularly when I start creating youth team players.

But one of the best things is I can make my own rules. I don't cheat. But if I feel, for example, that that should have been a penalty, I'll simply award myself a penalty. I've also changed goalscorers in games where I felt the "wrong player" scored e.g. a DM breaking into the box to score a header. If I consider a particular transfer is wrong or unrealistic I can override it.

So it gives me control. And I can edit PES as I go along.

It's a bit random but there you go.

Here is a little video explain some fixes to the DP 5 game play that I discovered on the PC but could apply to the PS4/XBOX as well

Testing using Vanilla PES DP5 on Top Player; The changes need to be done to both the user and CPU side (must be done in EDIT mode, before loading up your ML save). You must do the following bellow in order to get the fix to work.

Game Speed @ -1
Set Advanced Instructions to : Wing Rotation, Gegenpress x2 (for both defensive instructions)
I don’t understand. How can game speed change AI behavior?! They are not sprinting back?! No way. They’d just do it slower, right?!

What’s the purpose of settings 2x gegenpress. I don’t understand that either.

Basically in answer to both questions I use an Excel spreadsheet to bring everything together.

FM provides simulates everything I need for a career - fixtures, other team's results, youth team, transfers, injuries, suspensions (because there's not enough yellow/red cards in PES) etc.

PES provides the gameplay.

I play the FM fixtures through PES and set up the opposition team with the same players and tactics as FM.

The only thing I need to do then is get the results (not the scores) to match. I just play the PES match with the FM game running in the background on my laptop and then replay the matches on FM until the results are the same.

I keep a league table, fixtures, team stats etc on the Excel spreadsheet.

It sounds more work than it is. I basically play two matches with 10 minute halves in an hour.

I've managed to play 10 plus seasons doing this and it's actually quite fun particularly when I start creating youth team players.

But one of the best things is I can make my own rules. I don't cheat. But if I feel, for example, that that should have been a penalty, I'll simply award myself a penalty. I've also changed goalscorers in games where I felt the "wrong player" scored e.g. a DM breaking into the box to score a header. If I consider a particular transfer is wrong or unrealistic I can override it.

So it gives me control. And I can edit PES as I go along.

It's a bit random but there you go.

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME TO THE FORUM AND COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?

THIS IS THE EUREKA POST I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR 5 YEARS.

I tried looking into FM score editors a while back and gave up cos there was no way. Its so good to hear there is someone with similar thought who has actually managed to take the time and have the patience to set something up like you have.

Please please PLEASE can I ask you :
1) how long you spend approximately / how many FM game replays it takes to get the scores to match up [in my mind the permutations are massive so I never tried] ?
2) which FM do you use (year and mode) ?
3) any particular FM settings that you'd suggest would make this a more efficient process ?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's really unfortunate that people are having matches without any fouls. I have concede and am awarded multiple every match.

As for penalties, i get them occasionally. My AI teammates just rarely score them lol. Of the 10 or so penalties I've been awarded, Pogba has scored one and Free has scored one.

Testing using Vanilla PES DP5 on Top Player; The changes need to be done to both the user and CPU side (must be done in EDIT mode, before loading up your ML save). You must do the following bellow in order to get the fix to work.

Game Speed @ -1

That's interesting. Funny enough I've incorporated a few of this stuff into my game already.

And @Alx1234 i agree. The game shouldn't need to be edited heavily and consistently for it to be an enjoyable offline experience. Tweaks should enhance the experience not make it.

Hi there, ive been playing the Pes2020 for a while, and im really impressed. the new camera is the best camera of a football game i ve ever seen.

i know you guys here in this forum , have much more information about winning eleven (PES) than other forums. So i want to ask you if for any reason, do you know if we will have a PES / Winning eleven PS5 game , with a new engine by the end of the year.

Thomasgoal, anyone? any information? at least if we can expect a game or not for the new consoles in the near future?. Thanks.

I don’t understand. How can game speed change AI behavior?! They are not sprinting back?! No way. They’d just do it slower, right?!

What’s the purpose of settings 2x gegenpress. I don’t understand that either.
Dp5 increased the the gamespeed at 0 which in turn speed up all the animations and physics ingame. The result of that was the CPU not able to handle the overall gamespeed and seeing more retreating animations and not pressuring the ball carriers to handle the quicker passes and attack runs.

I recommend gengenpress x2 to stop cpu from enabling deep defensive line during a match but also ensure that cpu is pressing the ball when its nearby. Obviously the user can get away with just one gengenpress but I do discourage using other defensive instructions that will move your players around more if stamina is a concern.

Dp5 increased the the gamespeed at 0 which in turn speed up all the animations and physics ingame. The result of that was the CPU not able to handle the overall gamespeed and seeing more retreating animations and not pressuring the ball carriers to handle the quicker passes and attack runs.

I recommend gengenpress x2 to stop cpu from enabling deep defensive line during a match but also ensure that cpu is pressing the ball when its nearby. Obviously the user can get away with just one gengenpress but I do discourage using other defensive instructions that will move your players around more if stamina is a concern.
I really can’t think of this having any doubling effect.

If I’d assign double wing rotation, would it look like a carousel then?!

giphy.gif

I felt the speed increase as well. -1 is fine. Just don’t see it changing behavior. Just making it look different/better.

so i just beat Barca 3-1 on Top Player. Which is unusual.

I'm playing superstar now - Barca again not feeling like the threat I expect them to be - quit out at 35min.

Playing Barca AWAY now on SS and they feel like a threat which is good.

Pretty sure DP4 carried more threat-factor HOME AND AWAY and also gave me ample opportunities to score and thats why I felt the games were becoming a bit more fun and exciting than usual.

Hi there, ive been playing the Pes2020 for a while, and im really impressed. the new camera is the best camera of a football game i ve ever seen.

i know you guys here in this forum , have much more information about winning eleven (PES) than other forums. So i want to ask you if for any reason, do you know if we will have a PES / Winning eleven PS5 game , with a new engine by the end of the year.

Thomasgoal, anyone? any information? at least if we can expect a game or not for the new consoles in the near future?. Thanks.

Well they haven't said anything so who knows. I will say that new console doesn't necessarily mean new engine.

I will also add that new engine doesn't necessarily mean better game in the short term and the long term.

I'm playing superstar now - Barca again not feeling like the threat I expect them to be

I bet a good chunk of La Liga feels the same way ;))

I really can’t think of this having any doubling effect.

If I’d assign double wing rotation, would it look like a carousel then?!

giphy.gif

I felt the speed increase as well. -1 is fine. Just don’t see it changing behavior. Just making it look different/better.

There is not as much of an issue in terms of offensive advance instructions, so no need to double up. Wing rotation is wing rotation, a bit redundant. Defensive advanced instructions is the culprit relative to Deep Defensive Line, and by doubling up on gegenpress, it prevents the CPU from changing to DDL at any point in time.

I think the gameplay has been greatly improved with @isureaper31 findings. I've got a gameplay video I'm working on to show the benefits as well. I will say though that I am not 100% loving PES20 no matter what is being attempted. It's just unfortunate that another year of modifying gameplans has to be done to get this game playing somewhat fundamentally sound.

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME TO THE FORUM AND COMMUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?

THIS IS THE EUREKA POST I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR 5 YEARS.

I tried looking into FM score editors a while back and gave up cos there was no way. Its so good to hear there is someone with similar thought who has actually managed to take the time and have the patience to set something up like you have.

Please please PLEASE can I ask you :
1) how long you spend approximately / how many FM game replays it takes to get the scores to match up [in my mind the permutations are massive so I never tried] ?
2) which FM do you use (year and mode) ?
3) any particular FM settings that you'd suggest would make this a more efficient process ?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

I've had difficulties logging into this forum for years and hadn't played PES in a while so hadn't bothered trying again until now.

In answer to your questions:

1) Not long at all. A surprising number of results go the same way and usually one or two restarts will see the results match. The hardest things to match up are unexpected results (e.g. beating significantly better teams or losing to significantly weaker teams) and really randomly draws (it's really hard to get draws to match up for some reason);

2) It doesn't really matter but I use the latest version of FM because it is the entire database for the game and therefore I feel needs to be update. On the flip side doing this means that you can actually play older versions of your preferred PES or the other one since FM gives you the squad updates....

3) I use settings that require minimal input from me so I get my assistant manager to do everything. I also just play games using commentary and the maximum speed and use holidays to skip. There are aspects that I keep from the management side such as individual training* and player management. Given the team selections match up I deal with the fall out of not selecting certain players in FM.....

*On the attributes I have edited my players to they're attributes are aligned with FM. I find multiplying the FM stats by 5 (rather than 3) is better and then if a player has under 40 ability and just give them 40. I use mental attributes to round up or down the number so e.g. Finishing and Composure in FM is 15 and 10 so that equates to (15 x 5) + (10/5) = 77. This then allows me to update the stats as player improve or get worse in FM. I usually only do this one a season and don't bother that much with CPU players unless it's a younger player who has seen considerable improvement or older player who needs to slow down.

It's very rough and ready. But I actually find it more immersive since I have to update the CPU teams so I have total visibility over my little universe.

I should say I only play one league (Serie A) so it is probably a bit more manageable. It would be harder if you wanted to move between countries.

An alternative model is to sim FM seasons in the background to use them only as a guide for CPU transfers and regens and then to play seasons through PES. The issue with doing this is that the transfers are not in synch with the league finishes e.g. a different team might get relegated or qualify for Europe with the flow on transfers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom