eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

On legendary and superstar there are fouls i get at least one direct freekick per game and overall fouls range from anywhere from 2 to 6 - also AI does get booked but not seen many reds. Penalties are infrequent and definitely should be more - ive had maybe 5 since release but it seems to change patch on patch - this patch ive had one last patch zero as an example. Other than penalties fouls have been improved since 18 and 19 definitely. Legendary is the best mode overall for me but its tough at times - but this is the mode i see most fouls and most varied AI attacks and long shots

I think I only have one more level to go up to Super Star. The issue is that I'm finding Top Player sufficiently challenging in terms of scoring goals but teams are not scoring against me. Even when they get pretty clear cut chances. I find myself getting annoying when the CPU misses!

I'll move up to Super Star soon....

I think I only have one more level to go up to Super Star. The issue is that I'm finding Top Player sufficiently challenging in terms of scoring goals but teams are not scoring against me. Even when they get pretty clear cut chances. I find myself getting annoying when the CPU misses!

I'll move up to Super Star soon....
i think there is an AI mis match in terms of difficulty

Top Player (what i can remember)
AI attack and defence is a bit lack luster

Superstar
AI defense is solid but attack is a bit lack luster

Legendary
AI attack is solid and varied but defense/GK is super human at times

If legendary kept the same attack but had a superstar level of defense then that would for me be the sweetspot

There is not as much of an issue in terms of offensive advance instructions, so no need to double up. Wing rotation is wing rotation, a bit redundant. Defensive advanced instructions is the culprit relative to Deep Defensive Line, and by doubling up on gegenpress, it prevents the CPU from changing to DDL at any point in time.

I think the gameplay has been greatly improved with @isureaper31 findings. I've got a gameplay video I'm working on to show the benefits as well. I will say though that I am not 100% loving PES20 no matter what is being attempted. It's just unfortunate that another year of modifying gameplans has to be done to get this game playing somewhat fundamentally sound.
Ah... thanks Matt! I think I got it now. It is to occupy that second slot so the AI can’t use it for anything else?!
Yeah, deep defensive line is such a game breaker...! We all know that by now and still wonder what’s the purpose in Konami setting those up for a lot of teams. ^^

I’m very satisfied playing 2017 for a couple of days/weeks now. :)

guys is there any way to FAVORITEposts so that you can easily go back to them on the site?

seeing some great posts of late

Here is a little video explain some fixes to the DP 5 game play that I discovered on the PC but could apply to the PS4/XBOX as well

Testing using Vanilla PES DP5 on Top Player; The changes need to be done to both the user and CPU side (must be done in EDIT mode, before loading up your ML save). You must do the following below in order to get the fix to work.

Game Speed @ -1
Lower positions of MID & FWD on the gameplan screen
Support Range / Defensive Line / Compactness : 4 / 3 / 6
Set Advanced Instructions to : Wing Rotation, Gegenpress x2 (for both defensive instructions)
Turn on Auto Offside Trap

Played Spurs vs Barca on SS
Do you remove pre-existing attacking tactics...wouldn't that remove a teams personality?....e.g..for Barca I kept TikiTaka and ADDED Wing rotation

Anyways, lost 0-2 but Barca played like I want to see them play. A measured match and the gegenpress thing had stamina effects that made my subs feel worthwhile

As I spent and age klashing up tactics ts a bit painful to destroy them with the fix.

My PC game isn't set up well yet - laggy as hell and I can't be arsed to sort out now - but once I get round to it a 5-min fixed game on the PC and a klashed up game on PS4 is probably the way to go here.

Thanks for the vid. @Matt10 was the first guy I saw mention the fix so thanks to him too - made the vid feel familiar and easy to follow.

@Alx1234 For attacking instructions you can keep the existing as long as one them is a wing rotation. I'm not too worried about team personality so to speak because other factors (attack levels, playing styles, inspire, etc.) can influence how the CPU can move the ball around. I find that some attacking instructions limit the variety and make the CPU too repetitive in their build up. Which is why I generally prefer not to use the 2nd attack instruction.

But overall sounds like you enjoyed the fix and would like to hear more on how it played on SS because I havent tested at ahigher difficulty than TP.

Last edited:
Found a disc copy of the game and have turned off my internet.

Quarantine ready.

I had to get an new PS4 as mine died so it gave me the opportunity to direct compare version 1.00 with latest patch. It’s superior in almost everything a bit easier but the variety from the AI is night and day. They ruined the game but I’ll be sticking with this. So much more enjoyable

I had to get an new PS4 as mine died so it gave me the opportunity to direct compare version 1.00 with latest patch. It’s superior in almost everything a bit easier but the variety from the AI is night and day. They ruined the game but I’ll be sticking with this. So much more enjoyable
The AI is terrible on 1.0 way to passive

I played a season on the latest patch - every game is the same basically. And i've been playing with Klashman tactics.
PES 2017 is far better at the moment. So much randomness and unpredictability, while 3 years later we have what we have.. shame Konami.

Here is a little video explain some fixes to the DP 5 game play that I discovered on the PC but could apply to the PS4/XBOX as well

Testing using Vanilla PES DP5 on Top Player; The changes need to be done to both the user and CPU side (must be done in EDIT mode, before loading up your ML save). You must do the following below in order to get the fix to work.

Game Speed @ -1
Set Advanced Instructions to : Wing Rotation, Gegenpress x2 (for both defensive instructions)

Thanks for this , i dont normally spend time editing tactics but this looks worth it - im on legendary PA1 advanced shooting. I enjoy the game anyway but this has further improved it for me. Also both games ive played have been higher fouls - one game 7 and one game 8 excluding advantages..very good

quick stats screen- i was liverpool

other full game- 8 fouls

Game Speed @ -1

Can this be done for Exh mode matches (other than changing all the tactics in EDIT mode for all teams)?

In Exh mode, I change my team's game plan but when I back out to switch sides it tells me I'm about to lose my changes. Any workarounds?

I can't seem to find Legendary difficulty on my game.

The top level I have found is Super Star???

I've increased the length of my matches from 10 minute halves to 12 to try and increase the number of things that happen in games.

The main things I'm missing are......goals from the CPU and fouls.

The reason I had kept the matches a little shorter was because I found the time and difficulty was still challenging for me as I was still struggling to score. Games were usually finishing 1:0 or 2:0 (always 0) to me.

I've managed to keep 44 clean sheets in 67 matches and Donnarumma beat Buffon's record by going 984 minutes without conceding a goal (a record which came to an end on his 200th appearance for Milan) (Yes I keep stats of everything).

I have not yet won or conceded a penalty (and I'm using the workarounds that I mentioned before).

So something has to give. What length matches are other people playing against the CPU?

Can this be done for Exh mode matches (other than changing all the tactics in EDIT mode for all teams)?

In Exh mode, I change my team's game plan but when I back out to switch sides it tells me I'm about to lose my changes. Any workarounds?

@Alx1234 I'm not sure you can do the same thing in Exhibition mode, it may not save your changes but the only thing you can do is try it and see if the changes you make stick.

I can't seem to find Legendary difficulty on my game.

The top level I have found is Super Star???

I've increased the length of my matches from 10 minute halves to 12 to try and increase the number of things that happen in games.

The main things I'm missing are......goals from the CPU and fouls.

The reason I had kept the matches a little shorter was because I found the time and difficulty was still challenging for me as I was still struggling to score. Games were usually finishing 1:0 or 2:0 (always 0) to me.

I've managed to keep 44 clean sheets in 67 matches and Donnarumma beat Buffon's record by going 984 minutes without conceding a goal (a record which came to an end on his 200th appearance for Milan) (Yes I keep stats of everything).

I have not yet won or conceded a penalty (and I'm using the workarounds that I mentioned before).

So something has to give. What length matches are other people playing against the CPU?
Its unlocking after 5 wins on SS.
I'm playing (17+18) on 20 min
Haven't played this in a long time might give it a go after @isureaper31 findings

Its unlocking after 5 wins on SS.
I'm playing (17+18) on 20 min
Haven't played this in a long time might give it a go after @isureaper31 findings

Ahhhhhhh......

Ok that makes sense.....

Better get onto SS soon then.

Looks like I won't win the title this season on Top Player so I was holding off in case I needed to up the challenge. But given that there are still another 2 levels to go I might up the level. At least I can practice whilst I'm giving up on the title this season.

20 min halves here I come.....

(I'll be down to one game per night at this rate......)

I've only tested in exhibition , edit , save changes then disable live update on the teams select and it will default to your edit ..I changed 4 teams and it took about 10 mins to test ..going to do all prem then restart the league

@Alx1234 I'm not sure you can do the same thing in Exhibition mode, it may not save your changes but the only thing you can do is try it and see if the changes you make stick.

gave it a quick try...don't seem to stick :(

I've only tested in exhibition , edit , save changes then disable live update on the teams select and it will default to your edit ..I changed 4 teams and it took about 10 mins to test ..going to do all prem then restart the league

so i think you're saying to edit the teams and then you can play exh mode with them....which i already know

what i wanted to be able to do was keep my edited-klashed-up teams but play the occasional exh mode with isureapers fixes for that match alone.

......hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

i think i just figured out the workaround.....

....its a variant of what you've suggested.

basically, in edit mode there are 3 game plan save slots. So what I could do is save klash's tactics in slot 1 for each team. and then isureapers tactics in slot 2 for each team.

then before an exh match i switch to whichever tactics i'm after for each team in edit mode.

jus got to make some me some time now to isureaper-up my teams. LOLOLOLOL. THIS "GAME" IS A FULL-TIME JOB AND THEN SOME.

WHO NEEDS SHENMUE WHEN YOU GOT PES.

Edit :

Konami - you mofos!!!! I thought there were 3 data save slots for each team!! There aren't. Its 3 data save slots - AND THAT'S IT....FOR THE WHOLE GODDAMN GAME.

What the actual F**K.

Konami you [beep] [beep] [beep].

@Mr Bhatti - fix this!!!!

#!#@~@#!

Last edited:

so i think you're saying to edit the teams and then you can play exh mode with them....which i already know

what i wanted to be able to do was keep my edited-klashed-up teams but play the occasional exh mode with isureapers fixes for that match alone.

basically, in edit mode there are 3 game plan save slots. So what I could do is save klash's tactics in slot 1 for each team. and then isureapers tactics in slot 2 for each team.

then before an exh match i switch to whichever tactics i'm after for each team in edit mode.

jus got to make some me some time now to isureaper-up my teams. LOLOLOLOL. THIS "GAME" IS A FULL-TIME JOB AND THEN SOME.

Edit :

Konami - you mofos!!!! I thought there were 3 data save slots for each team!! There aren't. Its 3 data save slots - AND THAT'S IT....FOR THE WHOLE GODDAMN GAME.

What the actual F**K.

#!#@~@#!
would creating another psn account work too ..not sure

would creating another psn account work too ..not sure

probably would.

i was hoping to play klash vs isureaper teams at some point.

i think i'll just end up stick with the plan of isureapering my teams up on PC at some point and keep XB1 klashed up and keep an eye out for more ideas on evoweb.

my PC setups not great - i get bad lag on a GTX770 so gave up. Not worth the time/effort sorting it out at the mo - a project for the future, tho.

Edit : hmmmmmm.....I wonder....

if you had 2 psn accounts - 1 klashd; 1 isureaperd

could you create a friendly and then have "player 2" switched to CPU just before the match? i don't play multiplayer so got no idea on this one.

Edit :

What the actual F**K.

#!#@~@#!
There are only 3 slots for all teams (in team menu: data management > save/load)!! NOT for each team!! Don’t get that wrong, mate.

Possible way, the formation slots for each team! You have to enable that feature first. Support settings > switch preset tactics: on!
Then in teams main menu: hover to preset tactics and change then with up/down on dpad.

Last edited:

I just tried and it worked for me. You have to start the match, then switch to other team, make your changes and switch back to your team.

Tonight, Borja Iglesias, the footballer from Betis, will play as a guest on one of the full manual teams, SuicidSquadFM, in the 10v10 league:

I beleive he's going to play as himself? :LOL: With his Become a Legend player?

There are 8 full manual teams participating in tonight's event. We will play a one-day tournament, 2 groups.

Games will be streamed, follow:
https://twitter.com/WapesLeague

Kickoff time 2200 Central Europe Time

Tonight, Borja Iglesias, the footballer from Betis, will play as a guest on one of the full manual teams, SuicidSquadFM, in the 10v10 league:

I beleive he's going to play as himself? :LOL: With his Become a Legend player?

There are 8 full manual teams participating in tonight's event. We will play a one-day tournament, 2 groups.

Games will be streamed, follow:
https://twitter.com/WapesLeague

Kickoff time 2200 Central Europe Time
Yes finally!
You tipped me about this league then I forgot who did it.
Great man
Will follow the Twitter account for more info.

This week custom squad Matchday featuring Serie A vs Ligue 1 and La Liga vs EPL, everybody fielding the same meta (Barca, RM, PSG, Juve etc.) because of the 400% player boost. This is sadly, making each match played out the same way. It's boring.

The concept of Matchday is interesting, but it should not penalize nor giving an unfair advantage to the player. This is why i always compete in low profile matchday like Nantes vs Schalke, Celtic vs Monaco or Boavista. At least the opponent that you faced are much more varied.

I think I'll be sticking with -1 permanently. On -2 I move like Gary Neville before he finally decided to retire

Back
Top Bottom