eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

That is a rare example of something that I disagree with you on! I prefer just a blanket 'call for it' and for the AI to make their own decision. That's not to say I don't question my stance 10 times every game!

I'd rather have it that way because there are times i want certain types of passes but the AI will give me a different type of pass.

The AI likes lofted passes when you're not within 2 meters of them. My player is 170cm. I don't want lofted passes lol. Not to mention the occasional through pass when I'm not even moving.

For the sake of fun, I'd rather just be able to receive the type of pass that i want to

I beat finally beat Juve with my Milan team on Super Star.

It's taken me about 15 attempts but I finally did it!

As the games wore on I was becoming increasingly dominant so must be improving at some level. Juve only beat 1/5 times and the others were draws until I eventually beat them 1:0.

The game before I took the lead only to lose an equaliser because I was distracted over one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in a football game. Aaron Ramsey slid into the back of my player, Paqueta, and Ramsey was given a free kick!

The slow mo' replay showed Paqueta struggling to get up after he'd just been assaulted and somehow blocking Ramsey (obviously by this stage this real has nothing to do with me - yes, me, the guy holding the controller!). Anyway I found the whole thing hysterical and managed to concede off the free kick but that only pushed me to more hysterics. I mean it's just too obvious really, isn't it?

So I've beaten Juve, won five games on Super Star and now have Legendary to contend with!

I think I'll go back to my career mode but I feel I now have to play on Super Star as Top Player was already too easy for me. So I'm going to have to grin and bear the Super Star nonsense. Hopefully I can maintain my light hearted demeanour when the games count (remember it's just a game, that cheating might have just cost you the title but it's just a game,

any tips, then?

Well, I´m not a tactics expert, just did some experimenting with and tried to make logical decisions. For example, if my next oponent plays a long pass, counter attack, wide, then I´m going to put my players lower on the field (just the midfielders, to help the defense the little more) and wider, and set my defence to lower defensive line, all out defence, conservative, middle defence. This way, my team never gets caught on counter attacks and is wide enough to block all the directions the CPU might try.

About cracking their defense, if CPU is pressing high, and agressive for example, I know their defence is probably going to leave space behind, so I play long ball and I spread my player with the distance slider. They will open wide and forward as fast as possible, wich leads to oportunities to
play it behind them.

Of course, you have to consider your team ability, and also, some CPU tactics are easier to crack than others. I usually have problems when CPU plays a possession, short pass and wide tactic. The best way is to try to press them as fast as possible, and high on the pitch causing passing errors, because if I don´t, they start passing it around my box, and cause havoc on my defenders. But my team is not that great pressing wide, and I can get exposed on my defence.

Not a perfect solution for all the matches, but it´s fun to see how diferently I have to play against each team.

Just a note on the options "Middle" and "Wide" on the defensive tactics. Middle actually means that your team will try to push the oponent to the middle, intead of focusing on defending the midfiled. Also, Wide means that your team will push the CPU to the sides, and avoid him to play through the middle. This actually makes a diference when your playing against wide vs narrow formations.

Hope I didn´t confuse you with my "special" english ;).

So, apparently next week, patch will change the uniforms of Flamengo, Bragantino, Inter, Boca and add the legendary recently retired Kaka.

Also, Serie A squads are to be "updated" allegedly. But that seems unreasonable, because last time football was played it was state leagues that were taking place and the squads were all over the place. They never got formed for a full Brasileiran. It will be much better to stick to December squads.

On top of that, I am sure that there will be that "minor adjustment, etc." crap, which is always dangerous.

Thus, as usual I will not be downloading until the dust settles and I am sure all is ok. Kaka is awesome, but he alone is not enough reason to take these risks.

Last night I played my two matches against MCity on Champions League, changing my tactics to make my possible best and stop the oponent attacks. First leg was as frustrating as it was surprising. I played high line, high pressure, and long ball counter attack. It worked defensively. MCity, believe it or not, ended the match with one attempt. They barely went into my own half. They didn´t had the space or the time to perform their short passing tactics, so all they could do was try long balls, but then they didn´t have players suporting the striker fast enough. On my side, and this is were it gets frustrating, I was progressing with more and more chances, but my best strikers were out of form so they missed them all. Typical.

The match kept flowing one way only, until MCity makes an attempt, actually gets to my half, my players were quite tired by now, true. But I can´t stop noticing a mix of unawareness and clumsy switching on my side. Guess you all know the feeling. Aguero shoots and scores. M City wins.

Seconf leg, now at home. I play the same exact way, create chances but MCIty was a bit stronger this time, also looking for a 2nd goal and defending better time. I managed to score and win the match 1-0. Extra time in and I bring fresh players, including Douglas Costa, with his fantastic speed. He actually managed to miss two clear chances after leaving the defence dead behind. That felling again that you simply can´t score. Penalties we go. Managed to score all of them and MCity missed two, so I went through the next round.

Overall, a mix of fantastic and frustrating things. Looking backwards now it feels great how I achieved victory on a very tight and almost impossible contest, but I felt I should have won the first leg as MCity didn´t do anything except scoring their goal on the only attempt they had. Problme is, these things happen too much and makes us feel we are not in control, ever.

Playing with PSV, superstar and PA1 by the way.

Compilation of my goals in WAPES 11vs11 full manual league with this 73 overall BAL player
What i have to say? This is my best PES experience ever.
You should try it!

ER426nFXUAEGliw

ER42-rPXkAofWI5

Just fired up 2017 again with an recent option file. What a game that still is , the ai is on another level compared to every release since and not in a cheaty way just far more expeessive and AI a lot more physical all over the field

Knuckleball long shot top 10 goals..
welcome look my video,thank you..

if I try shoot from those distances its a sure save. how are you doing this?

there also appears to be something that looks like after-touch i.e. are you controlling shot trajectory after the shot has left the boot?

what shoot assist setting is this?

nice vids but feels like unachievable on advanced/manual shooting - or am I mistaken?

Just fired up 2017 again with an recent option file. What a game that still is , the ai is on another level compared to every release since and not in a cheaty way just far more expeessive and AI a lot more physical all over the field
I agree.
May I ask what option file you are using?!

if I try shoot from those distances its a sure save. how are you doing this?

there also appears to be something that looks like after-touch i.e. are you controlling shot trajectory after the shot has left the boot?

what shoot assist setting is this?

nice vids but feels like unachievable on advanced/manual shooting - or am I mistaken?
Like with set pieces, it's the same technique. Press shoot to power up and then press shoot again just before the player's foot connects with the ball.

I've beginning to realized once you reach Expert rank in myClub there's no way you can compete without spending real money on featured player. Everybody is playing with featured Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, CR7, Ruminegge, VVD etc. Beside you'll likely to lose GP to renew player contracts quicker than you gained them, eventually you'll have to part with your wallet.

I've beginning to realized once you reach Expert rank in myClub there's no way you can compete without spending real money on featured player. Everybody is playing with featured Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, CR7, Ruminegge, VVD etc. Beside you'll likely to lose GP to renew player contracts quicker than you gained them, eventually you'll have to part with your wallet.
KONAMI has given away so many free coins, there's no need to pay for them.

KONAMI has given away so many free coins, there's no need to pay for them.

Additionally there are so many ways to Grind items, in a very RPG common sense, that if you have a little bit patience you can manage your resources very efficiently and without paying any extra money of course. Some of them are:

1) Use the consumable items the game gives you occasionally, like contract renewal tickets.

2) Most basic, make every player you spin worth, do not convert them instantly to trainers. In good players case, IE you have a featured Messi and a "simple" BB Messi. Do not make the plain Messi immediately trainer, keep him to replace the featured Messi, when he is out of contracts and you dont have GP, until you have some to renews the "good" one.

3) Rotate your squads. The game gives so much tons of players, that you can have 2-3 ready to go squads in every tier from 1*~5*. Even if all your 5* squad is out of contracts, you will for sure have some 3* or 4* squad, ready to play until you have the needed GP to make renewals.

4) Spin the useless 1* ~2*~3* scouts and with the players you pull, form GRINDING squads that will play 10 matches "FREE" for you, earning you some GP and refreshing your main squad stamina. You can also use BLACK BENCH, in order to earn more GP and DO NOT USE THEM AS SUBS to not waste contracts. With this you can compete in two modes, vsCOM and SIM. This will earn you GP and ready 10LV+ trainers, especially in White Balls.

5) DO NOT play exclusively 5* ranked matches, cause you naturally cant afford the GP costs after a point, if you do not win every match and be lucky to play Special Matches.

P.S.: I do not tell you , that the game is not pay-to-win or pay-to-play. Of course it is , and it usually tempts you to purchase coins. But with patience and good management you can afford all costs.

Like with set pieces, it's the same technique. Press shoot to power up and then press shoot again just before the player's foot connects with the ball.

hmmm. i only ever take FKs with kane or eriksen but i see moura is the only player with knuckle shot and i usually bring him on a sub. that's probably why this looks so unfamiliar - think i'll put moura in 1st XI from now on.

Additionally there are so many ways to Grind items, in a very RPG common sense, that if you have a little bit patience you can manage your resources very efficiently and without paying any extra money of course. Some of them are:

1) Use the consumable items the game gives you occasionally, like contract renewal tickets.

2) Most basic, make every player you spin worth, do not convert them instantly to trainers. In good players case, IE you have a featured Messi and a "simple" BB Messi. Do not make the plain Messi immediately trainer, keep him to replace the featured Messi, when he is out of contracts and you dont have GP, until you have some to renews the "good" one.

3) Rotate your squads. The game gives so much tons of players, that you can have 2-3 ready to go squads in every tier from 1*~5*. Even if all your 5* squad is out of contracts, you will for sure have some 3* or 4* squad, ready to play until you have the needed GP to make renewals.

4) Spin the useless 1* ~2*~3* scouts and with the players you pull, form GRINDING squads that will play 10 matches "FREE" for you, earning you some GP and refreshing your main squad stamina. You can also use BLACK BENCH, in order to earn more GP and DO NOT USE THEM AS SUBS to not waste contracts. With this you can compete in two modes, vsCOM and SIM. This will earn you GP and ready 10LV+ trainers, especially in White Balls.

5) DO NOT play exclusively 5* ranked matches, cause you naturally cant afford the GP costs after a point, if you do not win every match and be lucky to play Special Matches.

P.S.: I do not tell you , that the game is not pay-to-win or pay-to-play. Of course it is , and it usually tempts you to purchase coins. But with patience and good management you can afford all costs.

or just log in every now and again for a year to establish "funds" and begin the MyClub campaign in Aug 2020 competing against fellow evo-webbers

Less special agents and no form changes means less AI interference and more evenly levelled teams.

This only works if evowebbers make up the majority of MyClub players though - anything is possible. ;)

Interesting strategy, i do have 3 star reserve squad for grinding purpose. I also avoid custom squad Matchday at all cost on Expert rank since my squad is not good enough to compete against player with 4000++ strength squad, i'll likely to waste more GP on contract renewal if i don't win.

I think what i missed most from intermediate rank is there's a lot more variety there. On Expert, most player will use the same meta, the same tactic, especially playing against >900 rating player, there's not much fun left. And i wish there's more mode in myClub, right now it's only Matchday and occasionally the special match event.

By the way, what OF did you guys used? Is there any other beside PESWORLD which is compatible with online / myClub mode?

An for the love of God, why don't they patched out the kick-off exploits? In real life, the defending teams always drop back naturally in kick-off but in this game they are far too static and wide.

Last edited:
Can this be done for Exh mode matches (other than changing all the tactics in EDIT mode for all teams)?

In Exh mode, I change my team's game plan but when I back out to switch sides it tells me I'm about to lose my changes. Any workarounds?
I’ve got PES on Xbox One - can I play with a mate on PS4?

So, the last rumor is that Microsoft maybe will buy every Konami's big IP, even PES... Perhaps this explains the atypical lack of any information about the new game in the series.

So, the last rumor is that Microsoft maybe will buy every Konami's big IP, even PES... Perhaps this explains the atypical lack of any information about the new game in the series.
So what does that mean, microsoft will develop pes?

So what does that mean, microsoft will develop pes?
Who knows. They show a football game on they XboxSX announce trailer

all games like Halo and Forza from this video are Microsoft Exclusive, this unknown football game can be .. anything.
Just today several YouTuber starts talking about how Microsoft wanna buy Konami's IPS. I found this rumor is around on the Internet for days.
First, they were talking about Sony but Konami debunk all these rumors, now they start talking about Microsoft, Konami still keeps silence.

Last edited:
PES is still one of KONAMI most profitable IP. They have deceptively big player-base even though it's not so popular on streaming platform. On PC alone it has daily player count of 18,000 and is in Steam top 100 most played video game. I think it's impressive for any video game that doesn't have anything to do with "EA" brand on it.

Need help!

Downloading a game now.
What is general opinion, what version is better, vanilla or latest patch.
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom