eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I could understand them going after Sega in a way as they are a company making money off the image of another but UTD, other clubs, leagues and Fa's are part of the reason for Sega and other companies having to use the likes of Man Red etc to make their products. Their exclusive licensing bullshit causes this. Ok small gaming companies still wouldn't be able to afford the licenses but I'm sure the likes of Sega and konami would love to be able to have all the league licenses available to them and it might give other companies more incentive to create more football games. Going after the modders is what really pisses me off. Most are just fans that want to have a better experience of the games we love (like, tolerate, sadly don't play anymore) Their exclusive rights is wht there is no competition in the genre. They are damaging their own fans enjoyment The club seemed like it was turning a corner over the past few months but this is another slap in the face to the fans. They don't see us a fans they see us as customers and only care about the brand. The funniest thing is the company that has their rights this year has modding built into their game. If Sega had any sense they need to thake the fight to the european courts and go after the exclusive rights issue deals as anti competitive and anti consumer

Ridiculous or not, people asking money for their OFs or their creations, are unwillingly creating a legal standpoint for the companies

Manchester United's complaint has nothing to do paid mods. It's about the fact that mods containing the club's likeness exist period. Free or paid.

In regards to paid mods, SI has been heavily against them. They've been so much against them, the pressure exerted from the company led to the disbanding of one of the biggest fan groups that was charging for content about a decade ago.

Manchester United winning this could ultimately impact how freedom of expression is defined so yes it is ridiculous.

I could understand them going after Sega in a way as they are a company making money off the image of another but UTD, other clubs, leagues and Fa's are part of the reason for Sega and other companies having to use the likes of Man Red etc to make their products. Their exclusive licensing bullshit causes this. Ok small gaming companies still wouldn't be able to afford the licenses but I'm sure the likes of Sega and konami would love to be able to have all the league licenses available to them and it might give other companies more incentive to create more football games. Going after the modders is what really pisses me off. Most are just fans that want to have a better experience of the games we love (like, tolerate, sadly don't play anymore) Their exclusive rights is wht there is no competition in the genre. They are damaging their own fans enjoyment The club seemed like it was turning a corner over the past few months but this is another slap in the face to the fans. They don't see us a fans they see us as customers and only care about the brand. The funniest thing is the company that has their rights this year has modding built into their game. If Sega had any sense they need to thake the fight to the european courts and go after the exclusive rights issue deals as anti competitive and anti consumer
Talking about Sega:

Sonic games now have longer development schedules for higher quality games
https://nintendowire.com/news/2020/...velopment-schedules-for-higher-quality-games/

It is kinda off topic but I like to see the bigger picture!

How many times have users said: I’m cool waiting 2 or 4 years...
I’m with them!!

Last edited:
Manchester United's complaint has nothing to do paid mods. It's about the fact that mods containing the club's likeness exist period. Free or paid.

In regards to paid mods, SI has been heavily against them. They've been so much against them, the pressure exerted from the company led to the disbanding of one of the biggest fan groups that was charging for content about a decade ago.

Manchester United winning this could ultimately impact how freedom of expression is defined so yes it is ridiculous.
Indeed, but in a future Court of Justice, if they get it under debate, it is difficult and shadowy to prove that companies are being benefited for allowing editable content and that it imporves their sales, which happens in PES and FM case in real life, but cannot be proved by material facts, BUT IT IS VERY EASY , just a screenshot, to prove that someone, as a third party, is benefited financially by using trademarks , without being licensed to use those trademarks-content-images. In legal terms this is the most and one and only accusation that can be 100% crystal clear. Earn money using trademarks without the permission of the license owner.

In other words, since it is difficult to hunt down thousands of unknown random individuals all over, you can just use the above as a Trojan Horse, to shout down the source of all these, the edit modes, community creation centers ,etc, etc.
THis ManU vs SI case is just a tree, the potential forest is behind this.

And don't watch it as some future dystopia. MS did it before it was cool on X-Box ONE, to avoid any potential future mess, by simply not allowing to import any media to PES. So it is far from impossible.

Or it can be another scenario, like what happens now with crackz, warez, or whatever they called. They will still exist along with the edit mode in game, they will be allowed to showcased, but they will not be public accessible and will not be allowed to be shared on public. I mean you can show them (right of freedom of expression, CHECK!) but you cannot share them by any legal means, in forums, mainstream pages, etc (Double Check!)

Last edited:
Indeed, but in a future Court of Justice, if they get it under debate, it is difficult and shadowy to prove that companies are being benefited for allowing editable content and that it imporves their sales, which happens in PES and FM case in real life, but cannot be proved by material facts, BUT IT IS VERY EASY , just a screenshot, to prove that someone, as a third party, is benefited financially by using trademarks , without being licensed to use those trademarks-content-images. In legal terms this is the most and one and only accusation that can be 100% crystal clear. Earn money using trademarks without the permission of the license owner.

In other words, since it is difficult to hunt down thousands of unknown random individuals all over, you can just use the above as a Trojan Horse, to shout down the source of all these, the edit modes, community creation centers ,etc, etc.
THis ManU vs SI case is just a tree, the potential forest is behind this.

And don't watch it as some future dystopia. MS did it before it was cool on X-Box ONE, to avoid any potential future mess, by simply not allowing to import any media to PES. So it is far from impossible.

Or it can be another scenario, like what happens now with crackz, warez, or whatever they called. They will still exist along with the edit mode in game, they will be allowed to showcased, but they will not be public accessible and will not be allowed to be shared on public. I mean you can show them (right of freedom of expression, CHECK!) but you cannot share them by any legal means, in forums, mainstream pages, etc (Double Check!)

But the ramifications of that could honestly still be potentially devastating because of the precedent; because it opens the door for them and anyone else to take things further (if they win of course). And someone will take it further. Someone always does.

And if all that's left is content that is distributed illegally? What stops United from going after SI again? What stops any copyright holder from going after anyone for they deem good beyond fair use?

Because frankly I have no reason to believe that United will stop at 'don't use our name and don't promote mods'.

There's a lot of directions this whole thing can go. So we'll see.

I have problem with some kits created on pes master and edited on my PC, on Paint.net. Although the kit and logos I used are good quality as seen in the first photo below from my PC screen zoomed in, when importing to PS4 as small image, it generates some 3~4 random pixels around the logos on kit, second photo taken from my TV. I zommed on PC on paint. Net to search for inappropriate pixels, but it seems crystal clear. Does anyone know why?

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_233912.jpg
    IMG_20200524_233912.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200524_233854.jpg
    IMG_20200524_233854.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18
This is a company that make billions,throwing most away on shitty players,but it's so petty.
United/Glazer's should be ashamed of them selves,it's not pirate streaming,or fake utd jersey were talking about,that's a multi million industry.

This is what you get when you have greedy owners with no real connection to the community/sport they're serving.
Horrible club!
Hope the rest to of the PL stays away from this

I have problem with some kits created on pes master and edited on my PC, on Paint.net. Although the kit and logos I used are good quality as seen in the first photo below from my PC screen zoomed in, when importing to PS4 as small image, it generates some 3~4 random pixels around the logos on kit, second photo taken from my TV. I zommed on PC on paint. Net to search for inappropriate pixels, but it seems crystal clear. Does anyone know why?
This is due to the ingame texture compression. Did you import it as a large kit texture?

This is due to the ingame texture compression. Did you import it as a large kit texture?
Nope. i imported as a small kit. I always create 2048x2048 kits and import them as small, 1024x1024. Usually the upscalling image has issues, when you downscale it should work, i think at least. :THINK:

For everyone still doubting if Konami has enough money or not to invest in Pes

dKq2o23.png

Konami last year earned about Ubisoft's range and more than Capcom. Look at the size of games Ubisoft releases, look at the awesome RE2 remake. Konami can do so much more with Pes, they are far from a poor indie company.
wow, nintendos doing better than xbox, who would have thought that. Microsoft is to stupid to realize first party games are what sell console.

Dont get me wrong, i appreciate we're getting the Euro dlc, and for free..
But doesnt it seems/feels very weird to play this non existing in advance?
Just saying

Just saying

y'know what though. i tried to set up a euro comp - but best i could do was set up a world cup. the prospect of removing the world teams and replacing them with euro teams had me switch off.

so, regarding this, its welcome from me.

I think the DLC is worth it for the 55 International teams, plus the tournament itself. I think the only disappointing things are the fact you can't play the qualifiers and you won't get the stadiums.

I really hope that Konami implement a stadium creator next gen, it really baffles me how backwards they went with features of the release of PES 2014 onwards.

I think the DLC is worth it for the 55 International teams, plus the tournament itself. I think the only disappointing things are the fact you can't play the qualifiers and you won't get the stadiums.

I really hope that Konami implement a stadium creator next gen, it really baffles me how backwards they went with features of the release of PES 2014 onwards.

But the 55 European teams are all already in the game, I thought all with supposedly licensed kits. And given you cannot play the qualifiers, having the ability to play nations like San Marino and Gibraltar playing in the finals is pretty pointless as it's so far from reality.

And you can pretty much already do the tournament using the Konami Cup....perhaps not the rule with the best 3rd place teams qualifying from the 6 groups, but big deal.

I don't see how they can update the squads either, given the lack of real football in recent months and no international football since last year. Strikes me as one of the most hollow DLCs ever and undeserving of any hype as a Euro2020 package.

The only thing I'm interested in is whether they tweak the gameplay for the better. Wouldn't it be nice if they finally made some attempt to fix the obviously broken referees, for example. The fact they haven't in the previous 6 updates suggests they don't give a f*ck about it. Or perhaps improved the team-mate AI so fixed cursor was vaguely playable instead of your defenders literally standing around watching and making zero attempt to engage. They've broken this mode to the point that's it may as well not exist.

Isnt about that the game developer/publisher is advertising the licensed mod officially for which they never paid, yet in this way wich could generate an extra revenue for them because people would buy their product seeing that mod? Essentially using trademark value to make revenue for free and without authorization.

But the 55 European teams are all already in the game, I thought all with supposedly licensed kits. And given you cannot play the qualifiers, having the ability to play nations like San Marino and Gibraltar playing in the finals is pretty pointless as it's so far from reality.

And you can pretty much already do the tournament using the Konami Cup....perhaps not the rule with the best 3rd place teams qualifying from the 6 groups, but big deal.

I don't see how they can update the squads either, given the lack of real football in recent months and no international football since last year. Strikes me as one of the most hollow DLCs ever and undeserving of any hype as a Euro2020 package.

The only thing I'm interested in is whether they tweak the gameplay for the better. Wouldn't it be nice if they finally made some attempt to fix the obviously broken referees, for example. The fact they haven't in the previous 6 updates suggests they don't give a f*ck about it. Or perhaps improved the team-mate AI so fixed cursor was vaguely playable instead of your defenders literally standing around watching and making zero attempt to engage. They've broken this mode to the point that's it may as well not exist.

I think we will have to wait for next gen for any improvement in PES, as both PES and FIFA went stale about 2 years ago this gen.

Isnt about that the game developer/publisher is advertising the licensed mod officially for which they never paid, yet in this way wich could generate an extra revenue for them because people would buy their product seeing that mod? Essentially using trademark value to make revenue for free and without authorization.

True. My point was just that it wasn't simply paid mods they took issue with. Was rushing during my lunch break so I must've left out the promotion part. Apologies.

this, exactly my point.

most fans are ready to throw a tantrum over this dlc content as if it would make some kind of diffference.

Just saying

Yeah I hear you. I thought about writing this the other day but didn't bother, as it's hard to complain that Konami holds up to their promise, but like you, I feel it's a bit meh to play a Euro now, when the real thing's been postponed for a year. The real question for me is: will they also bring it to PES 2021 (wether paid or not)?

Regarding stadiums, at least this time around we'll have like half the stadiums since the Euros are spread across Europe - I believe that Amsterdam Arena, Stadio Olympico and Bayern's ground is already in and then they'll add Wembley and Skt. Petersburg, so that's 5 out of 12 (as I started writing this I thought we'd have six with the Scottish stadium because of the league license but Hampden Park is probably not in the game).

A random thing I just need to share:
For weeks I've been playing the game going mental that the ball would often go to my wrong team mates (pa1) and my defending felt really sluggish. Tonight I was just about to switch off and swear I'd never play the game again when I thought: let me try another controller. And surely, what I had thought was a stupid update and/or scripting was apparently down to a buggy analog stick on one of my controllers:BRICK:

Last edited:
The more I play Master League, the more I learn what I actually find frustrating about the game. It is not when you are coaching a bottom-tier team fighting for survival or coaching a mid-tier team fighting for that sweet spot in the Europa League (or even the Champions League). It is when you are coaching a top-tier team like Real Madrid and you are forced to win every game in order to win the league. This makes the games against suddenly overpowered bottom-tier teams much more infuriating. Even worse is when your rival for the top spot suddenly has an unbeatables season and you are not even allowed to draw anymore. This happened with my 97 points season with Roma, in which Juventus pulled an unbeatables 106 points win! And now it is also happening with my Madrid season with Barcelona never losing any games.

I actually really love the gameplay, but wow is Master League ever so unfairly and unrealistically difficult.

This dude on reddit did A LOT OF work and monitored all players with scanned faces, sorted by skin tone and createda spreadsheet ( .xls), for the purpose of BASE COPY method (create* edit players with generic scanned faces on PS4 in order to have scanned faces). All Credits to him. He also created a full suggestion page for GENK.

9gflFFm.jpg

Last edited:
Also the OP told that he is interested to co-operate with patch makers for consoles, if anyone is interested. I know that most PES custom-face makers hate the base-copy method, but from my POV, i also do not like the results of the majority of in-game-editor face builds. It is the tool that sucks , not the creators.

The more I play Master League, the more I learn what I actually find frustrating about the game. It is not when you are coaching a bottom-tier team fighting for survival or coaching a mid-tier team fighting for that sweet spot in the Europa League (or even the Champions League). It is when you are coaching a top-tier team like Real Madrid and you are forced to win every game in order to win the league. This makes the games against suddenly overpowered bottom-tier teams much more infuriating. Even worse is when your rival for the top spot suddenly has an unbeatables season and you are not even allowed to draw anymore. This happened with my 97 points season with Roma, in which Juventus pulled an unbeatables 106 points win! And now it is also happening with my Madrid season with Barcelona never losing any games.

I actually really love the gameplay, but wow is Master League ever so unfairly and unrealistically difficult.

The first season is always weird like this for me. Almost every single save I've had, Spurs win their first 15-20 games without conceding. Which is so bizarre and frankly unrealistic because Lloris cannot keep a clean sheet to save a life.

Honestly bottom tier teams playing above their abilities is why I went down to professional. Fixed cursor on pro works well for me because the top teams are still challenging to beat but I can now punish and beat the worst teams the way I should.

I've been actually surprised the last 2 seasons in my latest saves that City and Liverpool *haven't* gone on an invincibles type run. Liverpool struggles a lot more than they should imo.

But man I get that frustration. Feels cheap and unrewarding

Also playing my current ML save, i found a second bug yesterday, regarding NTs. THe first was that i was sucked from a club manager position on December and it automatically sucked me from NT manager position. The second i found yesterday is, i had a player in NT , Mitroglou, who was playing for Chelsea for some damn reason and he retired in the age of 33!!!! For some reason he was unobtainable through ML menu, i could not find him by any search, but he was still in my Greece NT squad being still 33 yo. The club and league option were blank and i could not negotiatite and sign him. The only way he was visible was through "Nation Team selection" option . I left him out of National Team squad on November and voila!!! On next 1st of January he regened as a 16 yo Mitroglou, but he was located in OTHERS group, not in free agents.

So I've started a ML as a second div Italian team. It's tough but I've started with default squad so that feel realistic. It's early days but with default squad it feels similar to early Pes days, build up your squad with better players and improve. I guess it would be frustrating starting with real teams and being poor but I guess it's how the ML is designed to be challenging

So I've started a ML as a second div Italian team. It's tough but I've started with default squad so that feel realistic. It's early days but with default squad it feels similar to early Pes days, build up your squad with better players and improve. I guess it would be frustrating starting with real teams and being poor but I guess it's how the ML is designed to be challenging

You hit the nail on the head with that.Its about starting with a level playing field, no matter how big the team and stars are, ( they have all been equalised ).

Then its about smart signings, not necessarily big stars, within a budget.And putting Your existing squad into some improvement training that will complement Your formation style. And keeping the squad rotation moving so stats improve.

I usually sign no more than 2 key players in first season in 2nd division.They are usually Young players for development.

You hit the nail on the head with that.Its about starting with a level playing field, no matter how big the team and stars are, ( they have all been equalised ).

Then its about smart signings, not necessarily big stars, within a budget.And putting Your existing squad into some improvement training that will complement Your formation style. And keeping the squad rotation moving so stats improve.

I usually sign no more than 2 key players in first season in 2nd division.They are usually Young players for development.
I've turned them off first window to try and get a connection with my squad and it's working. I'm a bit older now than 20 years ago with a family and time is limited so I've always struggled not playing as Liverpool as that's my team. But this seems to be clicking. Also playing default in lower leagues there's much more shot variety /error

Back
Top Bottom