eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Apart for some minor adjustments in the patch I doubt it's going to be any different. Looks slower like I said before but the national teams usually play slower than the big clubs.

EURO 2020 sleeves!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAA /s

I probs need to start showing love to logos, sleeves. and footballs cos I see nothing especially good nor different gameplay-wise in that video.

it'll all come down to how it feels to play.
We don't even get sleeve patches.

The adboards show Vivo branding, but Vivo is not an official sponsor. That's odd...

@hitmanuk i played 3 matches last night swapping controls at half time as you said. i could not find the AI behaving differently. hm.
what i found (again): i just cant stand how restricted this game feels when playing PA1 and basic shooting! :Y1
the freedom of passing is totally gone now. without the manual modifier button it not possible to put a long ball in front of my players or lay a short pass of behind or in front of them...! it is so freaking restricted, feeling even more on rails. you always have to look out for possible obstacles in your passing lanes.
and that basic shooting!? :LOL: i had ONE shot at goal and it was a screamer mid high like the CPU does it... totally unrealistc speed and outcome! one of the goals i really did not enjoy!
second half i switched controls to fuma and the game could breath freely again! what a relieve! and the goal i scored manually after that was a blast!

anyway, i know i'll never go back to assisted settings (like id never go back to auto shifting in racing games). the game just looses soooo much options, possibilites and freedom, imo!
i'm nearly going crazy here believing that only a few players notice these massive differences!! its night and day!

sure, short passes aka tiki taka are much easier! ping, pong, ping, pong... but the same time they are restricted in where i play them. how lovely (even when much harder) it is to pull of only 1 or 2 give and go passes. rewarding! just rewarding!!
same when i do crosses: easy with PA1, hard to master on fuma!
i just dont want an easy game (upping difficulty settings isnt doing it), i want a challenging and entertaining ame (whatever dif level that is) that resambles real life football!

well, i said it all before, and my vinyl record is on a grind... ;)
and this is not a rant! i know what this game can and can not do! i'm just expressing my feelings and view on things! :D
Each to there own at the end of the day but to be somewhat stat based but not completely locked PA1 for me is more enjoyable. If i flick something slightly the wrong way with messi and a simple pass goes astray for me that isn't realistic. It may introduce more error/freedom but it isn't realistic. It comes down to what you enjoy. Like i said i used to insist on manual but overtime i've gradually changed my mind. That said on occasion i do use the manual modifier for long cross field balls and the occasional shot but thats it

I wonder if the new discovery of easy PA changing means ML has a new breath of life

e.g.
away games : PA0
home games : PA1

definitely up for trying this if it means all my PES games are suddenly brought back to life.

I wonder if the new discovery of easy PA changing means ML has a new breath of life

e.g.
away games : PA0
home games : PA1

definitely up for trying this if it means all my PES games are suddenly brought back to life.
With all of that (workarounds, mods, the current testing), other users tries as well, it’s clear to see how much we love football on consoles! Wish Konami shared the same passion!!

We might not be getting a full game release for 2021:

good.

a great opportunity to :
- clear out the wasters who are seriously lacking imagination and don't think about listening to players but are more intent on closing down forums
- sit down and do some serious research on player feedback
- realise your sitting on possibly one of the best competitive football games out there that could blow FIFA to smithereens if done correctly
- work on making PES more accessible - selectable versions or sliders, nice mnus, lots of enjoyable modes
- go back to MLO - or a MyClub / MLO hybrid that's better than what we have now
-step up the game for 2021 and next gen

tired of the annual rinse and repeat

We might not be getting a full game release for 2021:

Probably how football games should be anyway really. I fully understand the financial reasons why they're not though.

If true I guess this makes it more likely a new gameplay engine will be in place for PES 2022, and PES might avoid some issues it usually has with a first next-gen release.

Still waiting for an official confirmation but i think it's safe to say Pes 2021 won't be on a new engine, that will be next year.

The account posting that "news" has 900 followers,so that's probably just a wish from that guy.
Though,if konami gets their shit together,I'd welcome a break on the Pes series for a better 2022,though it's just a wish.
Guess it's going to be tons of shitty half done games coming this fall due to Corona

yeah I mentioned it in the video ... different between entrance and game start (which shouldn't be different) !
but same between two half (which should be different)
But that's what I'm saying. It's not even different between the entrance and the game start. We're just on the other side of the pitch once the game starts. Our perspective just changed lol. Sorry, I didn't word that correctly in my first post.

Yuck theres a risk we would have to play this same ai for another year.

Would they throw away one year of sales just to be cool? Yearly sports games are the most easy cashgrabs.

I'd imagine that PES 2021 could still be released as a standalone game, but as a cheaper legacy edition like FIFA.

Back
Top Bottom