eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Yuck theres a risk we would have to play this same ai for another year.

Would they throw away one year of sales just to be cool? Yearly sports games are the most easy cashgrabs.

I don't how i would feel about a simple season update. I would actually be worried that Konami has completely given up on Pes and are trying to develop it being as cheap as possible.

But that's what I'm saying. It's not even different between the entrance and the game start. We're just on the other side of the pitch once the game starts. Our perspective just changed lol. Sorry, I didn't word that correctly in my first post.
yeah you are right.
I hadn't paid attention to the wall in front of camera :)
but I think I saw this issue before ... for example in Saitama Stadium

I don't know but from a sure source, they've planned to release the demo in end July. Weird for an update.
I also in contact with people who worked on the database for PES 2021, but it doesn't mean anything regarding a new game.

Sincerely, i don't think they will update the PES 2020 to 2021 season, the schedule for work is exactly the same as last year.
But personnally, i hope to be honest. Just i don't know how they could manage the lost of some licence.

When I started playing the update when it first came out I thought it felt really good and heavy, more sim like but I took a break for a few hours and came back and it feels fast and easy again.Dont know if the game or I changed perspective but take me back QQ

When I started playing the update when it first came out I thought it felt really good and heavy, more sim like but I took a break for a few hours and came back and it feels fast and easy again.Dont know if the game or I changed perspective but take me back QQ
Played one friendly. France (me) v England. Felt the exact same to me tbh. Did have fun though

Well to me now it feels amazing compared to before, I tried out the pc version and at 144hz the game flows so nice but my ps4 version is now back to the flowy version I played earlier and shots, headers and passes all feel much better than before. Shots are not so powerful and more realistic and headers are the same with less power and more natural look. The game doesnt feel at all blocky anymore and much more flowy. Im able to dribble much better and I feel the fast players really fly down the wing and past defenders.Overall great patch and excited to see if it translates online. In one game with hazard I was able to get 7 free kicks from outside the box through dribbling which is crazy for me.

Feels great to me - i cant put my finger on the detail as i have only had two games. I will say this im not sure if in the last patch you could stand still in your own area/half and AI would just leave you. If you could that's gone - the AI seem to press all over the pitch now

Well to me now it feels amazing compared to before, I tried out the pc version and at 144hz the game flows so nice but my ps4 version is now back to the flowy version I played earlier and shots, headers and passes all feel much better than before. Shots are not so powerful and more realistic and headers are the same with less power and more natural look. The game doesnt feel at all blocky anymore and much more flowy. Im able to dribble much better and I feel the fast players really fly down the wing and past defenders.Overall great patch and excited to see if it translates online. In one game with hazard I was able to get 7 free kicks from outside the box through dribbling which is crazy for me.

PA0 or PA1?

Yuck theres a risk we would have to play this same ai for another year.

Would they throw away one year of sales just to be cool? Yearly sports games are the most easy cashgrabs.
I reckon I'd be out if it is just an update without gameplay changes. I bought the game for £5 the othet day and I just cannot stomach the shooting. It's so incredibly poor and just puts me off playing further.

i played like 50% of a first half this morning, before heading to work, and did not see or feel any difference (exibition: Norwich vs. ManUnited).
my hopes are not that high anyway, but as i said before, i aint got anything to loose.

I'll put @Orregon's words to a test tonight! :D sounds to good...

Just played the new update on PS4, top player, FUMA, and there are definitely some small tweaks.

・Ball is now harder to get under control, creating more loose ball situations, especially with players with lower stats.
・Player acceleration from stand still seems to be lowered a tad bit, meaning that it is more vital to pay attention to body orientation both on offense/defense. Through ball in the final 3rd behind the defensive line is more effective due to the small increase in response time for defenders to turn around. This also means counterattacks into space is more lethal.
・Unfortunately, not much seem different in terms of AI. However, the change to player acceleration do play a role in how the midfield battle plays out.

Overall, very minor difference in terms of change, but there is a large impact on the overall flow of the match.
Game is a lot more measured/calculated as players are not zooming around the field as fast, but a through ball into space on a player in mid sprint can instantly crank up the dynamics of play.

Just played the new update on PS4, top player, FUMA, and there are definitely some small tweaks.

・Ball is now harder to get under control, creating more loose ball situations, especially with players with lower stats.
・Player acceleration from stand still seems to be lowered a tad bit, meaning that it is more vital to pay attention to body orientation both on offense/defense. Through ball in the final 3rd behind the defensive line is more effective due to the small increase in response time for defenders to turn around. This also means counterattacks into space is more lethal.
・Unfortunately, not much seem different in terms of AI. However, the change to player acceleration do play a role in how the midfield battle plays out.

Overall, very minor difference in terms of change, but there is a large impact on the overall flow of the match.
Game is a lot more measured/calculated as players are not zooming around the field as fast, but a through ball into space on a player in mid sprint can instantly crank up the dynamics of play.
Excuse me and with much respect to you, plus I don't know if you played all DPs, or you gave up and you restarted today, but from your review I understand that:
The human p1 gameplay flaws became worse, the CPU AI remained the same flawed.

I really hope it's true that PES 2021 will just be a small update to 2020. Potentially the best thing I've heard about the series in years.

If they use the time well and release a highly polished 2022 with innovative gameplay, it will definitely be worth it for me.

Still think football games are going to suck whatever happens as long as the lootbox modes (FUT/MyClub) remain the priority. We need more countries to ban this like Belgium did.

I reckon I'd be out if it is just an update without gameplay changes. I bought the game for £5 the othet day and I just cannot stomach the shooting. It's so incredibly poor and just puts me off playing further.

Well we gamble skipping one year of PES for whoever knows what they release for 2022. It still might can be a PES2008 or 2014 all over again. And to be honest PES2009 and 2015 wasnt so convincing either.

Last edited:
Would rather pay a small fee to get more authenticity. Just set up a new tournament now.

-Commentator talking through national anthem..even then it only plays the home team's anthem, though strictly speaking it's meant to be a neutral venue.

-Would be nice to see news articles about how the other teams are getting on instead of just boring stats. Very bland layout.

-Official scoreboards are nice.

-I wished they'd have included qualifiers.

It's better than nothing though, but would've happily paid for all bells and whistles.

Would rather pay a small fee to get more authenticity. Just set up a new tournament now.

-Commentator talking through national anthem..even then it only plays the home team's anthem, though strictly speaking it's meant to be a neutral venue.

-Would be nice to see news articles about how the other teams are getting on instead of just boring stats. Very bland layout.

-Official scoreboards are nice.

-I wished they'd have included qualifiers.

It's better than nothing though, but would've happily paid for all bells and whistles.

If you're playing as Wales, KONAMI ( for whatever reason) didn't add in Wales' national anthem. Spain and Russia have the same anthem problem, too.

If you're playing as Wales, KONAMI ( for whatever reason) didn't add in Wales' national anthem. Spain and Russia have the same anthem problem, too.

Wow that's crazy. But in that sense they could've just had silence as the camera panned across the players, but it's shocking how a licensed tournament isn't fully licensed.

I really miss the days where companies would release a full game for full price. Not to everyone's liking, but it only happens every 2 years or so for national tournaments.

In future they should releasse a free version similar to this, but pay extra if you want EVERYTHING included.

Thanks for clearing that up though.

Iceland doesn't have an anthem either. Also, Kolbeinn Sigþórsson is still not in the game, even though he has been quite active in the current qualification.

Back
Top Bottom