eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I don't know what's more worrying.
The fact that Konami have said nothing about PES 2021 (i.e. whether it's going to be a DLC with no new features or whether that was just a lie and it's going to be a brand new game) or that they are, perhaps, considering dropping it as an overnight surprise. Like: PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE IS OUT! Which would mean "you're stuck with this game for another year".

The fact that Konami have said nothing about PES 2021 (i.e. whether it's going to be a DLC with no new features or whether that was just a lie and it's going to be a brand new game) or that they are, perhaps, considering dropping it as an overnight surprise. Like: PES 2021 SEASON UPDATE IS OUT! Which would mean "you're stuck with this game for another year".

Wouldnt be surprised by that :LMAO:

Agreed, but I for one (without major collision/AI work) will not be intereste.....I don’t see the point in rolling shit with a different skin.

Agreed, but I for one (without major collision/AI work) will not be intereste.....I don’t see the point in rolling shit with a different skin.

Yeah of course.
I haven't touched PES 2020 in about 2 or 3 months, so... I certainly won't be interested in a season update patch.
I'll probably be hyped next year if it's a truly next-gen game, with 2 full years in the making.

Yeah of course.
I haven't touched PES 2020 in about 2 or 3 months, so... I certainly won't be interested in a season update patch.
I'll probably be hyped next year if it's a truly next-gen game, with 2 full years in the making.

Two full years worth of a variety of minor adjustments that have been made to each mode to improve the overall gaming experience - can't wait! :LMAO:

Well, tbh most people here have shown the desire to see Konami developing a PES title in 2 years, instead of releasing a one year rushed version. I guess now we´ll finally see what Konami is capable of.

Well, tbh most people here have shown the desire to see Konami developing a PES title in 2 years, instead of releasing a one year rushed version. I guess now we´ll finally see what Konami is capable of.

I think the yearly release needs to die in gaming in general.

I honestly think, if sports games came out every 3 years, sports gaming would be miles ahead of what it is right now.

Hi all,

Registered on here to ask for some help. Recently (for the last few weeks) I've been unable to match any online opponents in any game mode - except co-op. I'm on Xbox one.

When I search for an online opponent, the screen stays on matchmaking, always with me as the Home team (not alternating to Away) and the text always stays as "searching for an opponent" (there's no
'checking connection' message) for a couple of minutes. Then I eventually get a message saying "unable to find opponent"

This happens every time I try to play and has been going on for weeks.
I've tried uninstalling the game, changed a lot of in-game settings but nothing has helped!

Any ideas? Thanks a lot

I must have give pes2019 a chance or the last patch which I never tried until this week vastly improved it , but if they released this as pes2021 I'd consider AI 10x improved . I tried the same game on 20 then 19 Liverpool v Leicester top player , the only difference was I played manual on 19. 20 s AI was really one dimensional , similar patterns of attack , quite stand offish in defence and I won 3-1 . 2019 the AI was more varied , high press, attacking was unpredictable , more error and more fouls (4 bookings for AI) glad I kept it now

I must have give pes2019 a chance or the last patch which I never tried until this week vastly improved it , but if they released this as pes2021 I'd consider AI 10x improved . I tried the same game on 20 then 19 Liverpool v Leicester top player , the only difference was I played manual on 19. 20 s AI was really one dimensional , similar patterns of attack , quite stand offish in defence and I won 3-1 . 2019 the AI was more varied , high press, attacking was unpredictable , more error and more fouls (4 bookings for AI) glad I kept it now

Exactly! You only have to play PES 18 or 19 to appreciate how bad the Ai in PES2020. is. Your description of the 2020's Ai being one dimensional is spot on. I've stated previously that I'd much rather get beat by Ai that felt organic than win against Ai that is so linear.

Exactly! You only have to play PES 18 or 19 to appreciate how bad the Ai in PES2020. is. Your description of the 2020's Ai being one dimensional is spot on. I've stated previously that I'd much rather get beat by Ai that felt organic than win against Ai that is so linear.
That’s why i prefer 2017 on PS4! It’s the god damn AI!!
Adaptive to what I do in some degree. But never stale!

They don’t even have to work on that AI for the 2021 update. They just have to unleash that old code!!
Gosh!! Make it happen, Konami. Put some lines of AI code from the past into the update and see how your old game breathes some fresh air. At least for the update. ...for one final satisfying moment in PS4 PES history!! God damn (sorry), make it happen! Can’t be that hard!! ^^

And put all effort into 2022!! Make us feel king of the pitch again!!

Last edited:
That’s why i prefer 2017 on PS4! It’s the god damn AI!!
Adaptive to what I do in some degree. But never stale!

They don’t even have to work on that AI for the 2021 update. They just have to unleash that old code!!
Gosh!! Make it happen, Konami. Put some lines of AI code from the past into the update and see how your old game breathes some fresh air. At least for the update. ...for one final satisfying moment in PS4 PES history!! God damn (sorry), make it happen! Can’t be that hard!! ^^

And put all effort into 2022!! Make us feel king of the pitch again!!

Yeah, bring back the organic feeling Ai that made PES fun, not this dumbed down Ai that feels so generic.

This makes perfect sense now I think about it. One of the initially impressive things about pes 20 was how the attacking moves you could put together were so lifelike. And then, you realised how few of these moves there were. Pes 16 was a horrible game but had so many many more attacking outcomes, pes 17 even more.

(In fact, one of my favourite games was pes 16 on ps3. Ahead of that was pes 15 on ps3 which had so many attacking outcomes, and still felt like a pes game to some extent).

This taking away of game files explains so much. Like why pes 3 has better attacking teamate AI than virtually every other ps2 game and why pes 5 has more outcomes than pes 10 on ps2 (or any.pes game since). It's a game engine which is so old and has an absolute capacity which is so low, they have to take gameplay away to add other things. So when animations took a leap last year, variables were cut. And same again this year. Super fantastic animations and sod all else.

You can almost guarantee that the retreating defences which just ruin the shape of every game and your own attacks (you can never split a defence) are either covering for the total absence of actual game files that govern defence, or are just beyond the control of the devs, because the ball physics need to 'look' real...

Honestly, konami makes game development feel like the most depressing process on the planet. More like deciding which of your children will survive, rather than the joy and excitement of creation.

Pro Devolution Soccer

Played against Leganes in BAL in PES 2017. It was an absolute bloodbath. They 9 fouls, 6 yellow cards, and 2 of my teammates out for over a month. It was like their plan was to create chances by sheer force and physicality.

Pro Devolution Soccer

If this is fighting back then they might stand a chance a against a toddler tbf. Might.

If this is fighting back then they might stand a chance a against a toddler tbf. Might.
This is how the current Pes team is fighting back
giphy.gif

I AM READY!! For more then 2 decades!!!!!
2 decades... well, if you start counting backwards then each game gets better than the last. Sounds like a joke doesn't it?

Just bought Pes 6 pc disk from ebay. Thanks to the awesome patches & OF's available on evoweb I have the rest of '20, and 2021 sorted. Enjoy DP 9 all. 110% sure that'll fix DP 8

Back
Top Bottom