eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

still being a realistic optimist... what can go wrong from here!? it can only get better, imo! :)

and deep deep down... from my guts (brain wasnt involved to much): there will be a pleasent surprise for us... soon... on next gen! ;) mark my words! :D
Yeah i mean what else can we do but put faith in Konami, they are all we have in terms of a realistic football game

This news really shook me, EA are not playing about, what a scum of a company man, I dont think Konami will take this lying down though, big things incoming imo

Big things came last year like getting iniesta on board to be a gameplay advisor but through no fault of the Barca legend we ended up with one of the worst PES games for several years.

As far as I heard/read FIFA is on a verge of losing Real M. exclusive license. My bet would be that konami is going to intercept it, so they are releasing 'minor' teams such as Milan and Inter

big things are coming... man i'm so tired!

how many years we are waiting for "Big things" ?? we got nice shoes and online events,

UNTIL NOW there is absolutly NO hints that big things are coming - and that i dont say because i want trolling, i say that because i look back the last few years.... sorry!

As far as I heard/read FIFA is on a verge of losing Real M. exclusive license. My bet would be that konami is going to intercept it, so they are releasing 'minor' teams such as Milan and Inter
Not a fan of Madrid but I hope Konami get some licensing and ad money if they can snatch it and maybe make the game feel bigger you know. I kinda liked 2020 but it felt too small, like you run out of things to do real soon and it felt a bit unfinished. Highlight of the year was for me Euro 2020 although I wished there was a campaign mode rather than a sandbox tournament, what I mean is like Road to Euros where you qualify for the competition first, EA did that for World Cup 2014 but not for 2018 because obviously they have gotten lazier and I fear the same has happened to Konami

more and more manual passing videos on youtube i see lately! :APPLAUD:

the @The_Knight probably initiated a landslide here! for the good... imo! :D

I honestly was shocked how big a difference manual passing made, and how easy it was to learn it even with the low custom broadcast camera on Superstar. What sold me on it was a comment on a previous video that told me the animations improve a ton on manual. It's so true and now I'm convinced the devs made the game with manual in mind. Manual shooting is a completely different animal though, WAY WAY harder and I wish there were some form of assistance offered, but currently it's either 'manual/advanced/basic'... I'll try to learn it because I really want it and I don't like the shooting in the game so far.

Last edited:
I honestly was shocked how big a difference manual passing made, and how easy it was to learn it even with the low custom broadcast camera on Superstar. What sold me on it was a comment on a previous video that told me the animations improve a ton on manual. It's so true and now I'm convinced the devs made the game with manual in mind. Manual shooting is a completely different animal though, WAY WAY harder and I wish there was some form of assistance offered, but currently it's either 'manual/advanced/basic'... I'll try to learn it because I really want it and I don't like the shooting in the game so far.

To get the hang of aiming manual shooting you can hold L2 to bring up the aiming line. If anything, manual shots are far more effective than basic/advanced once you get used to it as they have so little/zero error and fly like a rocket. Even the e-sports players use them most of the time and they usually use all assistances available.

From your camera angle though, I'm not so sure I'd ever be able to get used to manual controls :D One thing I do like on manual shooting is the headers, they seem to have more power and divert the momentum of the ball. That combined with the freedom manual crossing gives can lead to some nice goals, it's my most satisfying way to score in this PES. Another thing linked to which which works nicely on manual is using L1+:triangle: lofted through ball as a cross, either low/medium power from the byline or full power from further away, you really have a lot of options from out wide on manual.

Last edited:
To get the hang of aiming manual shooting you can hold L2 to bring up the aiming line. If anything, manual shots are far more effective than basic/advanced once you get used to it as they have so little/zero error and fly like a rocket. Even the e-sports players use them most of the time and they usually use all assistances available.

From your camera angle though, I'm not so sure I'd ever be able to get used to manual controls :D One thing I do like on manual shooting is the headers, they seem to have more power and divert the momentum of the ball. That combined with the freedom manual crossing gives can lead to some nice goals, it's my most satisfying way to score in this PES. Another thing linked to which which works nicely on manual is using L1+:triangle: lofted through ball as a cross, either low/medium power from the byline or full power from further away, you really have a lot of options from out wide on manual.

The lofted cross (L1+lob, right?) is incredible because it curves back into the danger zone and looks so sexy. Works great on manual. The lofted through ball is what I used to use a lot to cross before switching to the aforementioned lofted cross.

Just like passing and crossing, I figure if I play long enough I'll learn the shooting eventually.

I can pass easy with manual. But when it comes to manual shooting, I couldn't hit the Ardenne with a German tank battalion. It's so hard to aim with the player cam.
Lol, same for me, Learning advanced is the best option mate, much more variety, animations in shots

The lofted cross (L1+lob, right?) is incredible because it curves back into the danger zone and looks so sexy. Works great on manual. The lofted through ball is what I used to use a lot to cross before switching to the aforementioned lofted cross.

Just like passing and crossing, I figure if I play long enough I'll learn the shooting eventually.
L1+lob is early cross, which performs the crossing trajectory from all positions rather than only from where it would trigger automatically.

There's a point on the pitch somewhere around level with the edge of the box where if you press the lob button it will do a cross, and before it will do a lofted pass, L1 basically overrides that - on PA1 or even old games back to PS2 PES we've probably all been too far back for a cross, forgotten to hold L1 and just booted the ball behind for a goal kick as it triggered a long pass instead of a cross :P.

R2 is for a lofted cross (or pass), and it can produce different kinds of cross depending on how much power you use. With medium power it produces a cross with a bit less pace on it which you can use to put the ball into the "corridor of uncertainty", scored one of my favourite goals of this PES with one (albeit in the demo)

For this one, I was too far back for a normal cross so L1 was needed and I wanted the slower/lofted type of cross so used R2.

L1+R2+Lob, I love using this from the kind of position I crossed from in that goal.

Last edited:
I tried this on PS4 yesterday , this is on 2019 , but will work the same. I have a Bluetooth soundbar under my TV with custom made clamps. So I thought id try and record fifa 20 chants on my phone with commentary off, put it on beginner or 2 player so no sound effects as AI doesn't move then record. Then play it back over Pes on soundbar whilst using TV as commentary basic croud noise , small sample but works well. Personal plan is to record all home team chants for prem league then overlay during Pes league

I finally try the last version of PES (always in FUMA) and this three points make me happy.
- Much better collision system
- CPU make mistakes and fools
- More freedom than before, the player don't go automatically to the ball
To be fair, Konami have been making fools out of us all for years now.

Scottc17 said:
Yeah i mean what else can we do but put faith in Konami, they are all we have in terms of a realistic football game
This simply isn't true. Konami have been serving up a simplified version of the game for ages now. They're too focused on myClub and faces instead of giving us realistic gameplay. Hell, I don't even need ultra realistic gameplay - just give me a game that's fun. Because PES hasn't been fun since PES 2013 (for me). The game needs a huge overhaul, from top to bottom. And so do Konami - as a game developer and publisher, they're stuck in the dark ages.

Last edited:
Not sure they're stuck in the dark ages - they're just focusing on the aspects which they think are popular (online, licences, faces). If anything, I wish they were stuck in the dark ages because that's when offline gameplay used to matter.
Maybe you're right. I think if Seabass was still on the team, we'd be able to look forward to better (fun) gameplay again?

But in regards to in-game presentation and the way their PR team communicate with the consumers, they're light years behind the other big developers/publishers.

I still can't believe how awful the menus look in PES 2020 either. They were fine in PES 2013 - and they went backwards! This is just one example of what makes me think of Konami as an amateur outfit these days. And yet back in the day, they made my favourite video games.

I tried this on PS4 yesterday , this is on 2019 , but will work the same. I have a Bluetooth soundbar under my TV with custom made clamps. So I thought id try and record fifa 20 chants on my phone with commentary off, put it on beginner or 2 player so no sound effects as AI doesn't move then record. Then play it back over Pes on soundbar whilst using TV as commentary basic croud noise , small sample but works well. Personal plan is to record all home team chants for prem league then overlay during Pes league

A huge thumbs up for the effort of finding a workaround! :APPLAUD:
That’s the evo-web spirit!! :LOVE:

I have a Bluetooth soundbar under my TV with custom made clamps. So I thought id try and record fifa 20 chants on my phone with commentary off, put it on beginner or 2 player so no sound effects as AI doesn't move then record. Then play it back over Pes on soundbar whilst using TV as commentary basic croud noise , small sample but works well. Personal plan is to record all home team chants for prem league then overlay during Pes league
The lengths we have to go to, to make the game bearable in certain aspects (atmosphere being one of them - gameplay being another, with a few of us switching to manual to make PES 2020 bearable, even though the AI is terrible)... It just astonishes me.

PES does not deserve the fanbase it has.

Back
Top Bottom