eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I wouldn't say a known bug. If you have not run out of budget, if you have not set the first setting to "bolder roster weak spots" then maybe you triggered some kind of loop. Try to reassign scouters and delete the old listed players.

My first scout glitched and gives me only GKs, although it has past 4 seasons.

If it is a bug needing a fix, I would bet a 1,000,000€ THAT KONAMI would never bother to fix such a thing. MyClub and Matchday is the only focus, unfortunately. I really highly doubt they even remember that there are scouts in ML.
Yeah I have like 900 mill, def have big budget lol. Will try set all scouts back to bolster weak roster spots. How do you delete listed players from the scout list? Yeah I knew Konami wouldn't fix it if its a bug, was more hoping if someone had experienced the issue and knew a way to trigger it to work again or might know what causes it.

Yeah I have like 900 mill, def have big budget lol. Will try set all scouts back to bolster weak roster spots. How do you delete listed players from the scout list? Yeah I knew Konami wouldn't fix it if its a bug, was more hoping if someone had experienced the issue and knew a way to trigger it to work again or might know what causes it.
You go in the player press X on him, "remove/delete Form list". Be careful there are two options, the one is for your shortlist the other for your scout list.

Since you have 900mil, you can buy whoever you want by release clause. The scouted players is a workaround to buy them in a burgain. I mean it will suggest crappier players than you already have.

You go in the player press X on him, "remove/delete Form list". Be careful there are two options, the one is for your shortlist the other for your scout list.

Since you have 900mil, you can buy whoever you want by release clause. The scouted players is a workaround to buy them in a burgain. I mean it will suggest crappier players than you already have.
X (on xbox control) just does sorting options, A gives you player options, but theres no option to remove from scout list, just remove or add to shortlisted players, along with start transfer negotiations or check team role/use as a comparison etc. Yeah I know, the transfer fee is never a problem, its always player wages. 900 mill transfer budget, measly 200k wage budget lol, I started with a second division team so you start with very low budget, but then you dont get much boost moving to first division on wages, basically need lots of players with high finance team role, which takes time with young players. So mainly use the scouting to get players for lower wages, plus I only buy young developing players so I don't buy the best overall rated players anyways I try buy and develop the highest rated young players, some which I sell on for big money but it doesnt help with wages.

X (on xbox control) just does sorting options, A gives you player options, but theres no option to remove from scout list, just remove or add to shortlisted players, along with start transfer negotiations or check team role/use as a comparison etc. Yeah I know, the transfer fee is never a problem, its always player wages. 900 mill transfer budget, measly 200k wage budget lol, I started with a second division team so you start with very low budget, but then you dont get much boost moving to first division on wages, basically need lots of players with high finance team role, which takes time with young players. So mainly use the scouting to get players for lower wages, plus I only buy young developing players so I don't buy the best overall rated players anyways I try buy and develop the highest rated young players, some which I sell on for big money but it doesnt help with wages.
The A button for you. I will check latter in mine.

About budget, you can set all income go to Wage Budget and/or loan some wishlisted players instead of buy them for a season. You can come back and loan again a players season after season until you can afford him.
This way you have a player technically, for a season without paying him salary.
About wage budget /budget Settings I have made a video, it may helps, I hope.

The A button for you. I will check latter in mine.

About budget, you can set all income go to Wage Budget and/or loan some wishlisted players instead of buy them for a season. You can come back and loan again a players season after season until you can afford him.
This way you have a player technically, for a season without paying him salary.
About wage budget /budget Settings I have made a video, it may helps, I hope.
Thanks, I actually already have my budget settings setup that way. The problem is I dont have many players with high finance team role, because the more players in high star team role (key player, hero, superstar etc) it brings in more wage budget, which is the problem with young players, they just start with youth prospect or protege role, maybe leader or team player and takes a long time to get to the higher team roles that boost monthly income. Plus when you develop young players and they increase their rating, renewing their contract they ask for way more money which eats into wages. What they should have done is allow you to swap transfer budget for wage budget. I can't really buy an experienced player with high team role either cause they will want very high wages especially if I havent scouted them.

Yeah I know you can loan players, but im 4 seasons in and can barely keep my own players that ive developed cause of the dumb way wage budget works. I was ok recycling players by selling some of my developed players then buying young players on cheaper wages from scouted list, but now scouting stopped working, its much harder to get players without offering ridiculous wages if they are not scouted. I do use some of my youth players which you can get cheap, but I kinda hate the way they give you retired players as regens, so I prefer not to. I'll wait a few weeks to see if changing the scouting to bolster roster spots does anything but I think it just broke somehow.

Last edited:
Finished my rookie season in Ligue 1, position 8th. For sure playing 15min matches instead of 10min, does affect a lot on how CPU playsand the given time you have to react.
eFootball PES 2020_20201210171020.jpg

Now on July of 2024, will start building the squad after the current EURO 2024 , unfortunatelly labeled as 2020 due to license! :( First match draw 3-3, Greece (me) VS Germany. A tough match this was!
eFootball PES 2020_20201211102731.jpg
eFootball PES 2020_20201211102811.jpg

Finished my rookie season in Ligue 1, position 8th. For sure playing 15min matches instead of 10min, does affect a lot on how CPU playsand the given time you have to react.
View attachment 72232

Now on July of 2024, will start building the squad after the current EURO 2024 , unfortunatelly labeled as 2020 due to license! :( First match draw 3-3, Greece (me) VS Germany. A tough match this was!
View attachment 72234
View attachment 72235
Yeah I play 20 mins on superstar, makes a big difference than 10 mins.

Does anyone know if theres a way to change number of substitutions in competitions? Both number of subs you can select and number of actual substitutions? I wanna increase from 3 to 5. Talking about Master League btw.

Yeah I play 20 mins on superstar, makes a big difference than 10 mins.

Does anyone know if theres a way to change number of substitutions in competitions? Both number of subs you can select and number of actual substitutions? I wanna increase from 3 to 5. Talking about Master League btw.
This is impossible, even for PC i assume. It is hardcoded. On console PS4/Xbox/PS5/XBX it is for sure impossible.

Being in the season 2024-2025. Won the French Supercup against PSG, 4-2 win, comeback from 0-2 in the beginning. I will post latter, the last minutes and the highlights of this match. It is August of 2024, start of season 2024-2025.

Level: Superstar, PA1/basic settings, 15 min matches.

Until then I must find a clear direction in my videos as I don't have the required program and equipment and time to make a proper video series. So others are highlights others full matches and the montage is terrible, whatever I can do with the free bandicut version.

First I will post 3 old videos, of my season 2022-2023 in Ligue2, when I used to play 10minute matches. They are the last 3 matches before i secure promotion to Ligue1. I needed only a win to secure promotion, the win did never come, but i promoted due to other results.

2 matches to go

Last edited:
And an astonishing Coupe de France Final, previous season, 2023-2024, Paris FC vs Saint-Etienne.

Last edited:
do you still have the link to the greek super league just got pes 20 for the ps4 to start playing pes for the first time way better then fifa, do you have a updated one for this season? thank you
I have links for last year season for PES2020 and for this season only for PES 2021.

Playing ML in Superstar creates tendency in playstyle, resulting almost every goal is the same. Here are two goals that at least were a little bit different.

An "interesting" one

And a long range one

Not taking anything away from your performances but the ai played really one dimensional, particularly in the first half. They just constantly hiked the ball up the pitch and you destroyed them with counterattacks.
Morning dude. Thanks for reminding me that match.. I had almost forgotten it now!! :P

What you say is true, and is one of the main reasons i do not know how to edit my videos, what to cut outside.
I was analysing a video i recorded yesterday night, i finally just edited the music and uploaded it with full duration. What i figured out, for a 100th time , and as thousands of times others users and me have mentioned here, the AI is very very shallow.

The match i watched was against Chelsea and most of the match time is : CPU AI (superstar) is trying to pass to the CF in order him to supershield, turn around and either shoot or run and shoot low.

On the other side, me (human player) what i 90% try to do is, run the flank, cutback pass or low cross, and tap in a shoot. Especially on the level i play the last year, Superstar, i am isolated to this "efficient" playstyle. I only try some other variation, if the score is too clear/safe, or if i realise that CPU is not in CHEATING super mode, and allows me to play the ball from the central axis.

It is like we say every other day. Either you play Chelsea or Lyon, only the team badge, the kits and the player names are changing. Everything else is the same with some minor variations, like except for the pass-shield-turn-shoot, the AI may try an 1-2 pass and run between your CBs that are moving apart to open space, or more rare make a deep cross and a Superman header.

If i try to write down the CPU patterns, i think they are not more than 5 routines.

The other factor is the CHEATING MODE.
-AI can be in spare mode, play you according to their stats (usualy big teams play like this),
-or Crazy all attack mode (like they do in Cup matches, leaving the defense line vulnerable),
-Semi-Cheat mode where they score 1 or 2 goals and then play park the bus with a Superman Goalkeeper
-Or SuperCHEAT mode where they are in crazy frenzy mode for 90 minutes (this at least is more rare in 2020-2021, in contrast with 2019 or 2018)

Morning dude. Thanks for reminding me that match.. I had almost forgotten it now!! :P

What you say is true, and is one of the main reasons i do not know how to edit my videos, what to cut outside.
I was analysing a video i recorded yesterday night, i finally just edited the music and uploaded it with full duration. What i figured out, for a 100th time , and as thousands of times others users and me have mentioned here, the AI is very very shallow.

The match i watched was against Chelsea and most of the match time is : CPU AI (superstar) is trying to pass to the CF in order him to supershield, turn around and either shoot or run and shoot low.

On the other side, me (human player) what i 90% try to do is, run the flank, cutback pass or low cross, and tap in a shoot. Especially on the level i play the last year, Superstar, i am isolated to this "efficient" playstyle. I only try some other variation, if the score is too clear/safe, or if i realise that CPU is not in CHEATING super mode, and allows me to play the ball from the central axis.

It is like we say every other day. Either you play Chelsea or Lyon, only the team badge, the kits and the player names are changing. Everything else is the same with some minor variations, like except for the pass-shield-turn-shoot, the AI may try an 1-2 pass and run between your CBs that are moving apart to open space, or more rare make a deep cross and a Superman header.

If i try to write down the CPU patterns, i think they are not more than 5 routines.

The other factor is the CHEATING MODE.
-AI can be in spare mode, play you according to their stats (usualy big teams play like this),
-or Crazy all attack mode (like they do in Cup matches, leaving the defense line vulnerable),
-Semi-Cheat mode where they score 1 or 2 goals and then play park the bus with a Superman Goalkeeper
-Or SuperCHEAT mode where they are in crazy frenzy mode for 90 minutes (this at least is more rare in 2020-2021, in contrast with 2019 or 2018)
TL;DR: The CPU AI is very limited and one dimensional. In combination with other various "issues" it can really kill-off your effort, also sometimes feeling unrewarding for the player, apart from just plain boring.

This applies for the latest games , 2020-2021 and for 2019 to an extend.

If anyone is seeking for AI variation, team ID, unique playstyles, etc, he will be sooner or latter disappointed.

2015, 2016 and 2017 on superstar ML, have much more variation and team IDs, CPU-wise and the best balance for difficulty/CPU AI/team ID.
2018 has also good team/player IDs, back they go to supercheating backheel mode on superstar.

TL;DR: The CPU AI is very limited and one dimensional. In combination with other various "issues" it can really kill-off your effort, also sometimes feeling unrewarding for the player, apart from just plain boring.

This applies for the latest games , 2020-2021 and for 2019 to an extend.

If anyone is seeking for AI variation, team ID, unique playstyles, etc, he will be sooner or latter disappointed.

2015, 2016 and 2017 on superstar ML, have much more variation and team IDs, CPU-wise and the best balance for difficulty/CPU AI/team ID.
2018 has also good team/player IDs, back they go to supercheating backheel mode on superstar.
What’s the point of Konami devs giving the cpu individual traits, skills and play styles if they have almost no affect ingame? It’s so frustrating and unrewarding to play against such generic ai.

What’s the point of Konami devs giving the cpu individual traits, skills and play styles if they have almost no affect ingame? It’s so frustrating and unrewarding to play against such generic ai.
I have many theories on this, but are just theories :)
What i've noticed while editing PES 2020 players, according to their PES 2021 versions, in order to update stats, is that a lot players that had 4~5 COM playing styles, were haircutted to 1 or max 2 COM playing styles. Of course even on those COM styles, there is a huge debates, how much they affect "sui generis".

I think this , even if we exlude players that SHOULD be nerfed by database editors, or some PESMASTER bugs, shows a direction to less CPU-COM individuallity.

The rest other traits, player skill cards, can have affect for online/offline PVP, My Club and human controlled players.
But i again think, they are toned down for CPU players, IE, i can't recall now over 10 rising or dipping shots from CPU players that have those traits.

I usually hate bicycle/scorpion back heels, but this one i loved it, cause: the CPU was throwing every shitty handicap on my face, AND cause my player was out of balance and looked so miraculous and unexpected. THE CPU did not even allow me to bring the ball close to its goal post.

I usually hate bicycle/scorpion back heels, but this one i loved it, cause: the CPU was throwing every shitty handicap on my face, AND cause my player was out of balance and looked so miraculous and unexpected. THE CPU did not even allow me to bring the ball close to its goal post.

Reminds me of that one Origi scored for Liverpool a couple of weeks ago

Lol, dude is confused after he scored that XD

From 2nd replay i thought he's tripping, lol

Do y'all think it could be worth buying a boxed version of the game (Xbox One here) to play in the future, knowing that it is bound to stay totally unpatched (so no licensed Serie B, for example, but a more demo-like gameplay than the one available on PC)?

I'm giving this a go again ,mainly because I haven't played a football game in ages.
I know it is what it is ,but the thrill of setting up a new ML with a lot of editing (and a glass of red wine) has always been a thing I loved doing.
Going for Serie A or By ,either a team moving up or a team fighting for survival.
And it's going to be a ML which I haven't done in a very long time.
Any suggestions on team ,feel free to give me a shout.

Like I said ,I know what to expect ,anything better than expected will be a bonus ,but I'm tired of playing FIFA , especially since that game can be totally changed within a week or so and I've always loved Pes but haven't played it in a very long time

Any suggestions on team ,feel free to give me a shout.
I would've said Bari but they went balls up in summer 2018 so they had to start again from down below.

SPAL may be a good team to use though if you want to start in the 2019/20 Serie A, otherwise if you want a Serie B team I'd say Pordenone or Cremonese (a team I usually picked in Football Manager when they were in Serie C and which always gave me plenty of satisfactions there).

If you're just after good-looking kits, have a look at Entella (loving their away kit) or Pescara (almost all of them are very good).

I would've said Bari but they went balls up in summer 2018 so they had to start again from down below.

SPAL may be a good team to use though if you want to start in the 2019/20 Serie A, otherwise if you want a Serie B team I'd say Pordenone or Cremonese (a team I usually picked in Football Manager when they were in Serie C and which always gave me plenty of satisfactions there).
Great choices there ,I usually go for Milan (as you know)
But I did some alterations to both Serie A and B ,so a newly promoted Salernitana was my choice ,I was very tempted to take my old favourites Livorno ,but I feel that Salernitana will be a challenge:)

Bet I'll do a few restarts of my ML aLe so your choices will probably be up there when restarting.

Had and itch to go Bologna as well ,always had a thing for them an obviously Atalanta.
Thanks buddy

Great choices there ,I usually go for Milan (as you know)
But I did some alterations to both Serie A and B ,so a newly promoted Salernitana was my choice ,I was very tempted to take my old favourites Livorno ,but I feel that Salernitana will be a challenge:)

Bet I'll do a few restarts of my ML aLe so your choices will probably be up there when restarting.

Had and itch to go Bologna as well ,always had a thing for them an obviously Atalanta.
Thanks buddy
Forgot to mention, there is the typical ML suffering, your players will be much handicapped in the beginning, they will be in mud, defenders will tear apart for no reason.

Until you get past true 80+ TS, you will experience a lot crazy things.

I believe if you find it playable, try to ignore them, and your team will start paying you back, if you be patient with the suffering.

In some point during my 3rd season, I've reached to a point of a 10 defeats streak, without an obvious reason, just for the shake of ML drama!

Forgot to mention, there is the typical ML suffering, your players will be much handicapped in the beginning, they will be in mud, defenders will tear apart for no reason.

Until you get past true 80+ TS, you will experience a lot crazy things.

I believe if you find it playable, try to ignore them, and your team will start paying you back, if you be patient with the suffering.

In some point during my 3rd season, I've reached to a point of a 10 defeats streak, without an obvious reason, just for the shake of ML drama!
Yeah I'm thinking ,as long as I don't get relegated I'm fine.
TS at 55 when starting...
First game played ,I'll post it in a bit mate

Best of luck bro. I never really give 2020 a chance over 2021, always seem more refined and improved to me.
Cheers mate ,I bought Pes 2020 pre ordered it acctually ,hated it after a few patches ,never played it again really.
Never bought 2021 ,I've had it on game pass for a long time ,it's gone now ,that's why I decided on 20.
I'm having fun ,I know it's Pes ML and my TS is very low etc ,but fun ,really enjoying the pace and weight of Pes again.

Back
Top Bottom