eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

What and Anfield is a cauldron of noise I suppose? Everytime I've been there on matchday you could hear a pin drop, it's just tourists taking photos and old Liverpool fans drinking coffee.

Unless it's a big CL match, Anfield is just as bad as OT and I've been to both many times.

Now Villa Park, that's a REAL atmosphere ;)

Agree. Anfield comes alive at night. During the day it’s not the same.

After a season of nearly getting Milan relegated i'm at a loss at what to do next. Not sure how I find it so difficult at the moment.

What difficulty you playing Woodzy? Manual or assisted?

Initially Superstar/Manual. Eventually dropped to Top Player/Assisted.

To be honest, there was really little difference in the difficulty between any of them. I found it difficult all round - the CPU is on you like glue, and one bad touch and they steal the ball every time.

Think stamina is playing a huge part, and can see it frustrating a lot of people. Towards the end of the season, unless you rotate frequently you will have players starting with half a bar of stamina max.

To be honest, there was really little difference in the difficulty between any of them. I found it difficult all round - the CPU is on you like glue, and one bad touch and they steal the ball every time.

Think stamina is playing a huge part, and can see it frustrating a lot of people. Towards the end of the season, unless you rotate frequently you will have players starting with half a bar of stamina max.

So stamina is challenging? Because from the latest videos I was watching it felt like it wasn't anymore. Glad if it's like you are saying.

There has been terrible atmosphere in these games for a long time, Year’s back we could upload chants (console) that would help this issue but now it’s just flat. Commentary is so amature that we have no option than to mute it and that just highlights the lack of atmosphere even more.

At Celtic Park you expect to hear YNWA and various chants, Ibrox simply the best, penny arcade and so on but there is nothing, it’s like playing in a generic stadium which makes the whole partnership look lazy and pointless. If they can’t be arsed putting the effort in at least allow us to be able to fix it like before.

Classic Konami though
100 x times for years i wrote to official Pes to put chants importer to Pes. Why because the atmosphere is terrible in game. Since now they dont understand it and still we cant import chants. Its sick.

It's been a rollercoaster this last week. I was certain I would buy it on release because the demo had grown so much on me. Although I had promised myself not to do that this year. But the last couple of days have completely put me off with the news of a dumbed down gameplay. Since I only play online "vanilla"- version etc isn't an option.

FM and NHL this year I guess!

Playing exhibition now and finding it a bit easier... starting to think the reason I found ML so difficult was because of stamina.
This is INSANE to me, because I'm playing as Paris FC in Ligue 2, whose players have about 60 stamina on average, and I haven't had to so much as make a substitution yet. After 20 games.

Were you using gegenpress or something?!

Thanks, to be honest I like the sound of that. What was your team spirit at as that made a massive difference to difficulty in the last few games? Don’t think I’ll be touching legend for a while then

The AI is a big step up from the demo..Your notice it strait away and the games are much more changeable and dynamic..

I don’t feel any kind of hyper scripting and anything the cpu does on superstar is only based and relevant to what the team can do statically..They don’t become Barca or suddenly have any more ability then if a human user was controlling them..Any level of side can exploit space and gaps..feed on error.Its the individuality of the players that sets the bigger teams apart(although there’s some real gems in the lower leagues).The video’s I posted show the goals I conceded were error on my part and could of easily been countered..I felt more and more as the game went on that I was gaining a foothold,making less mistakes and just being patient while defending.

The bigger teams feel deadly compared to a lower star team though.

Playing longer games is something else though..The short demo wasn’t masking anything and was more a oversite..The match time should of be longer in the demo.
Is this version 1.0 vanilla or after patch?

Please don't change this Konami. Gives som life to ML.

This is INSANE to me, because I'm playing as Paris FC in Ligue 2, whose players have about 60 stamina on average, and I haven't had to so much as make a substitution yet. After 20 games.

Were you using gegenpress or something?!

Really? That sounds odd. I was barely making substitutions myself. Definitely no gegenpress either.

How many games a week are you playing? I was playing the same squad in cup and European games (pure lazyness) and around about mid season I would consistently be starting games with an average of 1/2 stamina bar.

Just finished my first exhibition game since my ML (aside from my experiment with the pre-patch version, it's my first exhibition since I got the game!) and I won 5 - 1 Superstar/Assisted.

Teams were Man City (me) vs Villa, and it was a breeze compared to some of my ML games. I actually managed to dribble past players like I was used to in the demo and previous versions of the game. I no longer feel as useless.

EDIT: Looks like it might have actually be Top Player...

Really? That sounds odd. I was barely making substitutions myself. Definitely no gegenpress either.

How many games a week are you playing? I was playing the same squad in cup and European games (pure lazyness) and around about mid season I would consistently be starting games with an average of 1/2 stamina bar.

Same impressions. Stamina plays a super big deal here in ML
AI is indeed like superglue to me atm, never saw them anticipate so many passing lines before even turning to that line.
Normally never find things difficult but that AI really is something else to me.

Demo always was an easy walk in the park on superstar.

VbZRanG.gif

It's been a rollercoaster this last week. I was certain I would buy it on release because the demo had grown so much on me. Although I had promised myself not to do that this year. But the last couple of days have completely put me off with the news of a dumbed down gameplay. Since I only play online "vanilla"- version etc isn't an option.

FM and NHL this year I guess!

What is it that makes the negative difference?

A lot of opinions here. Can't really figure it out :D

Maybe I've hammered the demo too much but I got the game yesterday and I'm bored already. Iwas hoping some annoyances I had would have been tweaked or improved upon for full release but I'm stlll seeing the same issues.
I'm just not getting this right stick dribbling shite either. It's slow and unresponive as fuck and skill moves are pointless.

Also the day time lighting has taken a step back from 19 imo. There were a few stadiums in 19 that looked brilliant in day matches but every stadium I've tried in 20 looks a bit "cartoony"

I hope to fuck they totally re-write shooting next year for the new consoles as the mechanics (eg more power = more height etc) are generations old. How hard can it be to implement low driven shots using a modifier for example

What is it that makes the negative difference?

A lot of opinions here. Can't really figure it out :D

Until someone prove it wrong I assume the change from the demo will make it harder in every way for people wanting to play somewhat realistic football online. I found it very good the way it was and the things people list as negatives in offline play with the patch seem to be things that will make it more arcade online. I could be wrong of course. :)

Maybe I've hammered the demo too much but I got the game yesterday and I'm bored already. Iwas hoping some annoyances I had would have been tweaked or improved upon for full release but I'm stlll seeing the same issues.
I'm just not getting this right stick dribbling shite either. It's slow and unresponive as fuck and skill moves are pointless.

Also the day time lighting has taken a step back from 19 imo. There were a few stadiums in 19 that looked brilliant in day matches but every stadium I've tried in 20 looks a bit "cartoony"

I hope to fuck they totally re-write shooting next year for the new consoles as the mechanics (eg more power = more height etc) are generations old. How hard can it be to implement low driven shots using a modifier for example

Totally agree about needing to rework the shooting system. If they can rework it to be more manual, to give us more control over our shot types, then I think it'd go a long way toward making scoring a more rewarding and satisfying experience.

Same impressions. Stamina plays a super big deal here in ML
AI is indeed like superglue to me atm, never saw them anticipate so many passing lines before even turning to that line.
Normally never find things difficult but that AI really is something else to me.

Demo always was an easy walk in the park on superstar.

Agreed. Demo became easy after you get the hang of all the new controls, only issues was short time limits so it rushes you subconsciously.

Back
Top Bottom