eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

They could have easily released the game this weekend but they had to do it mid week when people are at work, come home tired to play few hours only to go back to sleep early for next days work.

Tuesdays are the usual industry release date more often than not.

what level? I've not conceded any on top player, either wall has blocked it by jumping or I've put my keeper in a better position
Superstar. I've not been moving the keeper.

Does League 2 team still plays like 2010/11 Barcelona?
I'm not 100% comfortable saying yes or no here, but take a look at my stream from last night for a direct comparison.

The first two hours is Ajax in the UEFA CL, the last 15 mins is a French Ligue 2 game.

I’m sorry to sound like a broken record but:

Why is the atmosphere SO bad this year? Playing a master League as Man Utd and there are loooong pauses and silences. And not just at Old Trafford - at every single ground.

And @Chris Davies might have a point about AI. Every single team still seems to sit back in that really deep block allowing me to just run up the pitch with ease.

Cracks starting to appear for me. Sorry everyone - I told you I’d be complaining, just didn’t think it would be this soon :(

the hype train already crashed before the official release:LOL:
Well it’s difficult to be hyped about the game when the demo was so good and I’m rarely seeing fouls at all.

I hated it in Fifa 19 and it’s already annoying me in this.

Superstar. I've not been moving the keeper.

I'm not 100% comfortable saying yes or no here, but take a look at my stream from last night for a direct comparison.

The first two hours is Ajax in the UEFA CL, the last 15 mins is a French Ligue 2 game.

Looks promising. My only concern is how easy is to dominate possession. Not much closing down/pressure from the CPU or closing passing lanes.

Why is the atmosphere SO bad this year? Playing a master League as Man Utd and there are loooong pauses and silences. And not just at Old Trafford - at every single ground.

And @Chris Davies might have a point about AI. Every single team still seems to sit back in that really deep block allowing me to just run up the pitch with ease.

Cracks starting to appear for me. Sorry everyone - I told you I’d be complaining, just didn’t think it would be this soon :(

Exhibition or Master League mode?

There has been terrible atmosphere in these games for a long time, Year’s back we could upload chants (console) that would help this issue but now it’s just flat. Commentary is so amature that we have no option than to mute it and that just highlights the lack of atmosphere even more.

At Celtic Park you expect to hear YNWA and various chants, Ibrox simply the best, penny arcade and so on but there is nothing, it’s like playing in a generic stadium which makes the whole partnership look lazy and pointless. If they can’t be arsed putting the effort in at least allow us to be able to fix it like before.

Classic Konami though

I literally cannot score a goal in this game post patch. Went 10 in a row last night. Keepers seem almost super human & finding the CPU park the bus tactics frustrating, they're almost positionally perfect.

Really enjoying playing still but unsure if I want to play the vanilla or patched version. It feels much more rigid than the demo on 1.01. Still a fantastic footy game though.

Not sure if it's just me but the shooting doesn't feel as free.

Sorry to hear that your enjoyment is already decreased. What version were you playing?
Latest version. I can’t be bothered messing around and deleting updates etc, I want transfers and option files.

Not feeling this game at all right now. Everything feels dumbed down. I know what’s happened - I’ve hit a few simple goals and the lack of satisfying finishing and shooting is already starting to grate again.

Latest version. I can’t be bothered messing around and deleting updates etc, I want transfers and option files.

Not feeling this game at all right now. Everything feels dumbed down. I know what’s happened - I’ve hit a few simple goals and the lack of satisfying finishing and shooting is already starting to grate again.

Sorry to hear that.

Have seen a lot of videos.. I must say that i'm pretty sure that this will be my most played PES in the PS4-era.

I literally cannot score a goal in this game post patch. Went 10 in a row last night. Keepers seem almost super human & finding the CPU park the bus tactics frustrating, they're almost positionally perfect.

Really enjoying playing still but unsure if I want to play the vanilla or patched version. It feels much more rigid than the demo on 1.01. Still a fantastic footy game though.

Not sure if it's just me but the shooting doesn't feel as free.

Same here. It's really, really hard, and had to drop it from Superstar to Top Player.

I love it though, and think I just need to learn to utilise my players best attributes.

It's why i'm not freaking out about fouls yet - I think as soon as I learn how to beat a man properly, i'll start drawing mre fouls. I give plenty away so they are definitely there!

In regards to fouls they should have about 6 refs that vary in strictness, decision making etc, that way it could vary from game to game.
Isn't this how it used to be in the PES 1-5 era? I remember there were a couple of refs in those games that were super strict. Really added to the immersion. Yet another thing removed to the detriment of the series.

Players seem to just bounce off each other now rather than fouls get called.

My opinion is, and I’m a cynical person so bear with me: Konami have dumbed this down for the esports and my club crowd.

I’m really really not enjoying this the more I play. It’s very repetitive.

I’ll stick with it because I could love it again tomorrow but, yeah, not overly impressed after my initial glowing impressions.

I do worry when I enjoy something straight away too. In the old days, I never loved the PES games straight away but they grew on me and I would obsessively play them for a year.

I don’t know if I could play this for an entire year - again, there isn’t enough going on.

Great pace, game speed 0?
V1.0?
Very human AI,h wlevel of difficulty are you playing?

Superstar..Version 1.0..

Such a amazing game..I made two mistakes and was punished..

I’m not going to update..Version 1.0 is fantastic especially with lower star teams.

Really felt the reduced stamina towards the end of the match and my teams player stats were so prevalent as was the AI’s..

The fouls are there to as well those loose ball physics from the demo and bad first touch/error.

The demo had the balance and so does Version 1.0..imo..

This is the best football game I’ve played period imo..

Same here. It's really, really hard, and had to drop it from Superstar to Top Player.

I love it though, and think I just need to learn to utilise my players best attributes.

It's why i'm not freaking out about fouls yet - I think as soon as I learn how to beat a man properly, i'll start drawing mre fouls. I give plenty away so they are definitely there!

There's no doubt both games suffer with problems with lack of fouls, however there's an element of what you say. I'm seeing a slight increase in foul numbers now I'm better at beating my man.

What doesn't help the foul count either is that 50/50 type challenges where you arrive at a loose ball at the same time always seem to be awarded to the AI.

Players seem to just bounce off each other now rather than fouls get called.

My opinion is, and I’m a cynical person so bear with me: Konami have dumbed this down for the esports and my club crowd.

I’m really really not enjoying this the more I play. It’s very repetitive.

I’ll stick with it because I could love it again tomorrow but, yeah, not overly impressed after my initial glowing impressions.

I do worry when I enjoy something straight away too. In the old days, I never loved the PES games straight away but they grew on me and I would obsessively play them for a year.

I don’t know if I could play this for an entire year - again, there isn’t enough going on.

I havent checked FB. But on twitter there were only like 20 tweets 30 tops complaining about the fouls. Compared to the poll we pulled off. They would tweak it anyway.

Superstar..Version 1.0..

Such a amazing game..I made two mistakes and was punished..

I’m not going to update..Version 1.0 is fantastic especially with lower star teams.

Really felt the reduced stamina towards the end of the match and my teams player stats were so prevalent as was the AI’s..

The fouls are there to as well those loose ball physics from the demo and bad first touch/error.

The demo had the balance and so does Version 1.0..imo..

This is the best football game I’ve played period imo..

Glad to hear that we have a solid game on the disc! How is the AI on version 1.00 though? I keep hearing a lot of praise for the AI on the patched version, so i wonder whether it‘s different in the 1.0 version.

The game seems solid to me both post and pre patch. Think I prefer pre patch though...need to keep playing.

I am not familiar with this gen of pes, are option files available for pes on xbox one? I know there are limitations because there is no importing option on xbox as on ps.
But what kind of edit and OF can i have on XO?
Thanx.

Old Trafford has no atmosphere in real life so Konami have it spot on

Glad to hear that we have a solid game on the disc! How is the AI on version 1.00 though? I keep hearing a lot of praise for the AI on the patched version, so i wonder whether it‘s different in the 1.0 version.

The AI is a big step up from the demo..Your notice it strait away and the games are much more changeable and dynamic..

I don’t feel any kind of hyper scripting and anything the cpu does on superstar is only based and relevant to what the team can do statically..They don’t become Barca or suddenly have any more ability then if a human user was controlling them..Any level of side can exploit space and gaps..feed on error.Its the individuality of the players that sets the bigger teams apart(although there’s some real gems in the lower leagues).The video’s I posted show the goals I conceded were error on my part and could of easily been countered..I felt more and more as the game went on that I was gaining a foothold,making less mistakes and just being patient while defending.

The bigger teams feel deadly compared to a lower star team though.

Playing longer games is something else though..The short demo wasn’t masking anything and was more a oversite..The match time should of be longer in the demo.

Last edited:
Old Trafford has no atmosphere in real life so Konami have it spot on
What and Anfield is a cauldron of noise I suppose? Everytime I've been there on matchday you could hear a pin drop, it's just tourists taking photos and old Liverpool fans drinking coffee.

Unless it's a big CL match, Anfield is just as bad as OT and I've been to both many times.

Now Villa Park, that's a REAL atmosphere ;)

What and Anfield is a cauldron I suppose? Everytime I've been there on matchday you can hear a pin drop, it's just tourists taking photos. Unless it's a big CL match, Anfield is just as bad as OT and I've been to both many times.

Now Villa Park, that's a REAL atmosphere ;)

Villa have the best away support I've encountered to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom