eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Really enjoying this game right now with its current patch.
If they sort out referee decisions, which should bring more FAIR fouls and increase player awareness - it will be football heaven for me.
Even as it is - I think its the best modern Pes and one of the best ever.

Started new Master League in spanish D2 with Rayo on full manual. Apart from AI turn and shoot fetish (which im able to combat so far) - matches are fair, various, exciting and lovely paced.

Really enjoyed this goal. Its not some magic strike, but a nice team work play, which is fairly hard to pull off on manual.

Anyone know whats going on with Versus mode? Konami have locked it to 10 min matches ive just noticed since the patch. Getting loads of 0-0s as the match just seems to be going in to quick.

Versus mode now locked to 10 mins on your game guys?

If they sort out referee decisions, which should bring more FAIR fouls and increase player awareness - it will be football heaven for me.

Started new Master League in spanish D2 with Rayo on full manual. Apart from AI turn and shoot fetish (which im able to combat so far) - matches are fair, various, exciting and lovely paced.

Really enjoyed this goal. Its not some magic strike, but a nice team work play, which is fairly hard to pull off on manual.
Nice finish... I like those realistic ones!

I see your match screen is pretty clean! Do yourself a favor and press that ds4 touchpad (immediately) the next time you score! Then you are done! ;)
Your screen does look so much nicer but I rely on my radar. I use it a lot as I’m more zoomed in with my cam (to see more details).

oh man this game is ridiculous online. stumbles, opponent the moves 3 times faster than you, huge input lag in some matches.
yep, konami managed to steal my money again

Anyone know whats going on with Versus mode? Konami have locked it to 10 min matches ive just noticed since the patch. Getting loads of 0-0s as the match just seems to be going in to quick.

Versus mode now locked to 10 mins on your game guys?
it is in my game too, but it has been like that since before the patch. I wonder why?

I am liking the latest version a lot, too, but in my last games noticed that players sort of fell asleep when the ball was moving past them or sometimes even ran the other way. It looked very stupid, as if the ball is an angry hedgehog and they are scared of it. :LOL: It has happened before rarely, but not as prominently I think. Idk if it's the patch or it just happened to stand out to me very strongly for some reason...

Last edited:
According to PES this is a fair challenge, no foul given...

ezgif-5-774ccb54904e.gif

It's not good enough and it needs to be fixed but I can see how the game doesn't judge that as a foul. It doesn't look like any tackle attempt has been made so the game is just viewing it as a collision. Obviously it is a foul but I think to counter so many fouls being given on the demo they've made it so all collisions that don't involve an actual tackle attempt aren't given which results in things like that.

Nice.
Is it worth updating from 1.0 bro?

Whats your thoughts on 1.3 in comparison to vanilla?
Love the unpredictability of 1.0, so can't see me updating unless theres a big change for 1.4 this month.
I played both a lot. All of the versions to be exact.
1.2 and 1.3 aren’t bad games. By far. I just tend more towards the vanilla because it replicates the human touches, I’m looking for when playing offline at home, so we’ll.
The weight of players, including their movement, the fairness, fouls given, the pace (including ball leaving your foot), the animations that don’t get lost, the randomness of the ball... all that i find in vanilla.
I could easily see me going back to 1.4 if they deliver, yes. So I’m really hoping the balance adam was taking about can be achieved.
Either way, I have my vanilla safe for ever, and that’s freeing my mind. It can always get better, but I’m in peace. :D

Had the AI diving in my pen area and receiving a yellow last night. :) then I got awarded a pen after some brutal sliding. Sure, I did not score. Keeper saved it top left corner. ^^
In some distant future we will have awesome set pieces! ...I keep telling myself. :D

1.03 i love it .. the challenging is great on ss... for the next patch at the end of oct : i m waiting following issues to be rectified:

• More fouls called on collisions
  • A little less agressive ai
  • Better anticipation of players on loose balls
  • Better player select
  • Better responsiveness of players on first touches
  • Ai reacting to feints body feints skill moves fake shots
  • A little less shot blocking
These are all can be implemented with a patch imo... lets be optimistic

1.03 i love it .. the challenging is great on ss... for the next patch at the end of oct : i m waiting following issues to be rectified:

• More fouls called on collisions
    A little less agressive ai
    Better anticipation of players on loose balls
    Better player select
    Better responsiveness of players on first touches
    Ai reacting to feints body feints skill moves fake shots
    A little less shot blocking
These are all can be implemented with a patch imo... lets be optimistic
You can say go play vanilla but those are too much in vanilla.. i just want a version between vanilla and 1.03 .. sum them up divide 2 and give us as 1.04

1st penalty on 1.3 by doing a step over and AI tackling as foot is going over the ball .. Saved
I got my first penalty after 1 month play,shot it with power top left.Keeper saved it.
in the same match cpu won penalty (the 2nd since release date) ,my keeper saved it at my left corner.
Difficult to score from the spot, while i can score at will, from fouls.:P

Nice.
Is it worth updating from 1.0 bro?
I think only you can answer this question, Marto. Everyone plays the game a bit differently and it depends what is important and what annoys you the most.

- Is current version better than 1.2? Yes.
- Was vanilla better than current? Yes.

..But not by that much. Call me shallow, but even tho I edited most of the leagues on vanilla - it was really annoying not to have Option Files installed. Pes doesnt have much to create atmosphere. Not having Option Files is adding whole new level of 'indie' game to it.

Previous version had few elements that were breaking my heart. Pace was probably most frustrating. It was all over the shop. -1 felt too slow, 0 felt too fast. I couldnt find my sweet spot, therefore I could not even focus on other elements of the game, as pace was breaking my balls.
Also - everything felt very limited and claustrophobic. From the ball all the way to AI abuse.

Newest patch sorted the pace to me somehow. I didnt have a single match, where Id have these 'fast-slow' moments anymore. Even last night, one of the matches felt lovely slow. Not too slow, just really really nice. To a point where I went to settings to check am I not on -1. And I wasnt. 0 speed seems balanced the way it was on vanilla now.
Ball got more loose, which added a lot of randomness and set the players 'free'. Im able to dribble again, Im able to burst pass AI again, Im able to pass and move in tight spots, surrounded by AI.
Is it vanilla level of dribbling and freedom? No. But its damn close to it now.

Basically - to me - all the elements that had to be sacrificed when I left vanilla, are well worth the trade now, to have all the teams, leagues, data packs and ability to play a friendly online from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom