eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

That first touch freeze thing is killing me .. when a defender intercept a through ball .. he starts to run when controlling the ball and for 1 second no input is valid.. the opponent attacker comes directly to him and tackle with ease and one to one with keeper.. there is nothing i can do.. how konami tests their patches.. i cant believe how they can not see such a problem.. let us be their beta testers.. no fee is requested for the job.... omg it ruins such a beatiful game...

That first touch freeze thing is killing me .. when a defender intercept a through ball .. he starts to run when controlling the ball and for 1 second no input is valid.. the opponent attacker comes directly to him and tackle with ease and one to one with keeper.. there is nothing i can do.. how konami tests their patches.. i cant believe how they can not see such a problem.. let us be their beta testers.. no fee is requested for the job.... omg it ruins such a beatiful game...
I hope loose ball issue that they are talking about and promised to be solved in next patch is that first touch freeze thing...

Ok once before I am pretty sure edited kits did affect the responsiveness of the gameplay. I am talking about a PES from the PS3 and 360 era mind you but it was proven so don't shoot this down without properly testing it yourself.
No, these edit mode rumors are ancient and obviously it never has been proven because you simply cannot prove what is not true. Like I already said, a foolproof test is playing an online match. If that works without disconnecting, your gameplay can't have changed due to the way the netcode works.

I don't mind PS4 Pro getting hot, at least I have a free heating in my room :D It's getting cold and I actually had to open a window a few times late in the evening because it was too warm :CW:

Guys are you honestly being serious with the whole Edit thing? I have no comparison I blasted PESTeam.it OF on right after the first patch. Like this is crazy dudes what are we talking about!!

Maybe the whole Editing Conspiracy deserves its own thread? There's crapton of evidence it seems but it's still a ridiculous claim I mean I just can't put it in my head lol. But it seems worth investigating. All your good stuff will get drowned in this thread, I think a separate thread is the way to go!

Red card if u agree!!

I am planning to send following request to konami bu facebook and e-mail.. anything to add in gameplay wise ???
—————————————
Dear PES devolopment team and Programmers...
I'm 40 and a PES Fan from PS1 era... I've played PES 2020 for 200+ hours, all kind of offline modes. I'm a real football fan and try to simulate real football always, therefore our main vision is connected. This list of issues are based on current version (PES 2020 1.3) . A new patch is on the way at the end of October I hope some of them will be solved there.
Take this list as a blueprint for following updates and even in PES 2021 development.

-Fouls and collisions: Collisions are not taken as foul by refs anymore.. It is just like a rugby match sometimes.. It has to be rectified.
- First Touch freeze Bug : when a player gets the ball while he is moving, for a 0.5-1 seconds he has no input from controller he is just paralyzed and eventually lose ball.. Some of them calls that Responsiveness issue too.
- AI not responding to any skill moves: The reaction of AI players against skill moves, fake shots, body feints has to be increased as in the vanila version.
- Laser guided missile defenders: Defenders tackle ratio is too high.. Tackling with holding X is so effective it has to toned down.
- Loose Ball issue: You already mentioned that it is planned to be solved in forthcoming patch.
- AI awareness: Your AI players sometimes lose awareness where the ball is. Especially ground passes and through balls.
- Through Balls running stop issue: When a through ball is played your player just stops while running and then continues to run again.. that time loss gives the ball to opposition.
- Deep Defensive Line: It ruins the game .. you are aware of issue (mid-defensive line issue)
- Finese dribbling: Was a good addition but delay is too much.. not responsive so useless.. it has to be quicker to be used.
- AI agressiveness issue: If you are Paderborn and playing with Bayern at Allianz arena on Superstar diffuculty. Bayern starts match with Blue aggresiveness level and keep that till minute 60... Therefore has max. 2-3 shots till 60th minute.. It has to be solved. Stronger teams has to be more aggresive especially when playing with weaker sides.
- Auto feint OFF issue: It becomes unresponsive when u select OFF and most of time player doesnt get the Input while Auto feint is OFF.
- Supercancel issue: You are aware of issue.
- goalkeeper stay on the line issue: defensive goalkeepers never comes out for through balls and that causes unrealistic and easy goals for attackers
- cup matches agresiveness issue: cpu whether they are losing or draw after 60th minute makes their agressive level maximum red that makes extra frontman dc s to join attack and for the player it is one and one with keeper constantly ..
- ai turn and shoot goal issue: way too much as a goal scenario.. and nearly impossible for player to stop that ..
- ai pass and shot blocking issue: way too much shot blocking especially when defense is crowded.. swarm the box for cpu means all of your shots will be blocked by someone...

Same thing since at least 2018 (didn't play 14-17 as they gimped the PC version) - that unresponsiveness seems ingrained in the Fox Engine PES games. No patch is going to fix it when it's been an issue for so many years.

On top of the defender going unresponsive and inevitably giving the ball straight to an opponent, all your other defenders totally stop defending as the game thinks you "have possession" right up until the exact moment the opponent touches the ball. This means they stop tracking opponents, spread out, push further up the pitch etc... Even when it's obvious you are going to lose the ball, giving the striker an easy run on goal.

This simple binary switch for "in possession" and "out of possession" controls and teammate AI is a relic from fooball games of the 90s. The hardware advancements in the meantime seem to have mostly gone towards pointless stuff like faces and cutscenes, not improvement of AI/gameplay fundamentals.

The only geniune advancements since the PS2 era that make those old games hard to play today have been 360 degree movement, manual passing and animation variety/fluidity... I wish somebody would just completely start from scratch with a new vision for what a football game should be - even when the current games have their best moments, they are still rooted in a decades-old fundamental design and I think I've just become completely sick of it.

Last edited:
On PS4 fan/overheating:

My PS4 goes radge when I play PES. The fan, the heat. No issue with FIFA but nowhere near as bad as with the last non-football game I played (Uncharted).

Anyway, is a cooling pad worth it or is it just a gimmick? Thinking about one just to protect surfaces if nothing else.

people once disputed that scripted was in human vs human lets not forget.
There will be scripting as the AI is programmed for 10 other players on the pitch you do not control when playing v Friends, Stats also play a part as so it's all calculated if you score or not or if you shoulder tackle do you get the ball etc etc. Thats scripting. Without it the game would completely fall apart.

Good evening guys. Just wanted to say thank you for your help and advice today. Typical evo web.

I remember something about not being able to play version 1.00 on xbox for some reason. Am I mixing that up with the digital copies?
If anyone with an xbox could confirm, that would be fab.
Cheers

All I can say is they have until the next update to sort the game out because it's over a month since release and the game is full of issues. Modern warfare is out next friday so might need play that instead and come back to this later in the year.

All I can say is they have until the next update to sort the game out because it's over a month since release and the game is full of issues. Modern warfare is out next friday so might need play that instead and come back to this later in the year.

Yep, agreed. I've spent so little time playing it because of trying to workaround issues and having to edit stuff on the 1.00 version, I've almost completely lost interest in it.

For next years football game fix, I think I'll probably just learn to code and make my own.

I am planning to send following request to konami bu facebook and e-mail.. anything to add in gameplay wise ???
—————————————
Dear PES devolopment team and Programmers...
I'm 40 and a PES Fan from PS1 era... I've played PES 2020 for 200+ hours, all kind of offline modes. I'm a real football fan and try to simulate real football always, therefore our main vision is connected. This list of issues are based on current version (PES 2020 1.3) . A new patch is on the way at the end of October I hope some of them will be solved there.
Take this list as a blueprint for following updates and even in PES 2021 development.

-Fouls and collisions: Collisions are not taken as foul by refs anymore.. It is just like a rugby match sometimes.. It has to be rectified.
- First Touch freeze Bug : when a player gets the ball while he is moving, for a 0.5-1 seconds he has no input from controller he is just paralyzed and eventually lose ball.. Some of them calls that Responsiveness issue too.
- AI not responding to any skill moves: The reaction of AI players against skill moves, fake shots, body feints has to be increased as in the vanila version.
- Laser guided missile defenders: Defenders tackle ratio is too high.. Tackling with holding X is so effective it has to toned down.
- Loose Ball issue: You already mentioned that it is planned to be solved in forthcoming patch.
- AI awareness: Your AI players sometimes lose awareness where the ball is. Especially ground passes and through balls.
- Through Balls running stop issue: When a through ball is played your player just stops while running and then continues to run again.. that time loss gives the ball to opposition.
- Deep Defensive Line: It ruins the game .. you are aware of issue (mid-defensive line issue)
- Finese dribbling: Was a good addition but delay is too much.. not responsive so useless.. it has to be quicker to be used.
- AI agressiveness issue: If you are Paderborn and playing with Bayern at Allianz arena on Superstar diffuculty. Bayern starts match with Blue aggresiveness level and keep that till minute 60... Therefore has max. 2-3 shots till 60th minute.. It has to be solved. Stronger teams has to be more aggresive especially when playing with weaker sides.
- Auto feint OFF issue: It becomes unresponsive when u select OFF and most of time player doesnt get the Input while Auto feint is OFF.
- Supercancel issue: You are aware of issue.
- goalkeeper stay on the line issue: defensive goalkeepers never comes out for through balls and that causes unrealistic and easy goals for attackers
- cup matches agresiveness issue: cpu whether they are losing or draw after 60th minute makes their agressive level maximum red that makes extra frontman dc s to join attack and for the player it is one and one with keeper constantly ..
- ai turn and shoot goal issue: way too much as a goal scenario.. and nearly impossible for player to stop that ..
- ai pass and shot blocking issue: way too much shot blocking especially when defense is crowded.. swarm the box for cpu means all of your shots will be blocked by someone...

AI Movement Prediction. They know almost everything you're going to do beforehand and they anticipate it. You can't fool them, you can't wrong foot them anymore like in the Demo. This is my biggest disillusion with the full game.

AI Movement Prediction. They know almost everything you're going to do beforehand and they anticipate it. You can't fool them, you can't wrong foot them anymore like in the Demo. This is my biggest disillusion with the full game.
Give us ability to create some breathing space on the pitch. Bring back risk/reward, more tactical defending. Punish bad tackles, from both user and AI. Let us dribble, let us burst between players and have a chance to keep the ball or to get fouled, not squashed like a bug.
Demo had freedom that let you do something other than pass-pass-pass shoot on the pitch. AI doesnt have to be less aggressive or more passive, but punish them for bad tackles.
Penalty every now and again wouldnt hurt either. Every week there is few in EPL.
Free kicks are way too easy to score, for both players and AI.
Just make sure you add that we dont want less randomness or physicality on the pitch. Thats a simple fix that will send the game backwards.
Its the game response to physicality and randomness that needs to be worked on.

How can that “I can’t go around the opponent” statement still stand?! It is possible!! They are not buying your tricks?! :) Well, I don’t do in real life as well!! ;)

This game has problems, for sure, but going around ain’t one. It’s not working all time for me, but at a decent level it does.
If you take your time, and I can’t stress that enough, there are more outcomes!
Take your freaking time!!!
It won’t cure all the bad that is in the game, but it leaves me having fun.

Sure; I get that moments when AI seems to be OP, but at a greater picture: I see a lot of good stuff that can’t be dragged down by the flaws. At least I see it that way. To much positives to give the negatives any chance. ;) For me!!!
And don’t get me started on the force field, that is there in 1.3, or quick reactions on favor of AI, that are there in 1.3.; i know and dislike that stuff.
Thing is if you can live with that for now. I can, because the rest shines so bright.

But that’s just me. My opinion. I can understand when someone is not in love.
Can’t wait to see what the 1.4 version brings...

And: im so relaxed because I can always fall back to vanilla. Wich isn’t a „fall back“ really. It’s the best PES on PS4 for me! FOR ME that is! ;)

Last edited:
How can that “I can’t go around the opponent” statement still stand?! It is possible!! They are not buying your tricks?! :) Well, I don’t do in real life as well!! ;)

This game has problems, for sure, but going around ain’t one. It’s not working all time for me, but at a decent level it does.
If you take your time, and I can’t stress that enough, there are more outcomes!
Take your freaking time!!!
It won’t cure all the bad that is in the game, but it leaves me having fun.

Sure; I get that moments when AI seems to be OP, but at a greater picture: I see a lot of good stuff that can’t be dragged down by the flaws. At least I see it that way. To much positives to give the negatives any chance. ;)

But that’s just me. My opinion. I can understand when someone is not on love.
Says somebody who plays vanilla... :LOL:
Thats a yellow card for you there fella!

You can still get past defenders, it's tougher than v1 and it should be. Super cancel, double tap sprint and timing when to use them is the key

This. Times 100.

Biggest, fucking, annoying, aggravating, hairpulling issue I have with the game.

It was simply BEAUTIFUL in the demo. It was the first PES in a long time (or even "ever") in which I was able to OVERTAKE an AI player – even with the ball – when using someone speedy (like Gnabry). And it didn't mean that every "going around" or outrunning the AI resulted in a goal – not even on Professional, which I used to play. It just meant, for the first fucking time in a long time, that speed and acceleration stats FINALLY seemed to matter again. Hallelujah! Finally! The King is Back!

So. Warum. Zum. Teufel. did they have to change this?

As far as I remember no one complained about it. No one said: nah, that's too easy. Meh, that's not realistic, Oh no, I am scoring too many goals because getting around the AI is so OPed... Nobody asked: Konami, please, please, please, make this more difficult because if you don't, we will stir up a shit storm on Twitter and Reddit and nobody will buy your shit game anymore.

So Why, Warum, Porque would they do this? I am picturing this junior AI programmer on Konami's dev team who had sleepless nights over the fact that humans (his natural enemies) where beating his elaborate defensive code patterns all to easily, so he went back to the code base and 'fixed' it. Look, senior developer, I made sure the human has a really difficult time now to beat our precious AI. I took out the variable that accounts for the natural delay of organic organisms to external stimuli (like direction changes). Wasn't this super smart of me?

And before the "PES2020 defense squad" is homing in again: I am not saying it is entirely impossible on 1.02 (1.03 on consoles, I guess). It just doesn't feel right anymore. On vanilla it gave me the feeling that these runs were a result of my skills and intuition – it empowered me. Now, when it happens once in a blue moon, it just feels like a coincidence.

Good evening guys. Just wanted to say thank you for your help and advice today. Typical evo web.

I remember something about not being able to play version 1.00 on xbox for some reason. Am I mixing that up with the digital copies?
If anyone with an xbox could confirm, that would be fab.
Cheers

same as ps4 - only way to play 1.0 is via disc.

This. Times 100.

Biggest, fucking, annoying, aggravating, hairpulling issue I have with the game.

It was simply BEAUTIFUL in the demo. It was the first PES in a long time (or even "ever") in which I was able to OVERTAKE an AI player – even with the ball – when using someone speedy (like Gnabry). And it didn't mean that every "going around" or outrunning the AI resulted in a goal – not even on Professional, which I used to play. It just meant, for the first fucking time in a long time, that speed and acceleration stats FINALLY seemed to matter again. Hallelujah! Finally! The King is Back!

So. Warum. Zum. Teufel. did they have to change this?

As far as I remember no one complained about it. No one said: nah, that's too easy. Meh, that's not realistic, Oh no, I am scoring too many goals because getting around the AI is so OPed... Nobody asked: Konami, please, please, please, make this more difficult because if you don't, we will stir up a shit storm on Twitter and Reddit and nobody will buy your shit game anymore.

So Why, Warum, Porque would they do this? I am picturing this junior AI programmer on Konami's dev team who had sleepless nights over the fact that humans (his natural enemies) where beating his elaborate defensive code patterns all to easily, so he went back to the code base and 'fixed' it. Look, senior developer, I made sure the human has a really difficult time now to beat our precious AI. I took out the variable that accounts for the natural delay of organic organisms to external stimuli (like direction changes). Wasn't this super smart of me?

And before the "PES2020 defense squad" is homing in again: I am not saying it is entirely impossible on 1.02 (1.03 on consoles, I guess). It just doesn't feel right anymore. On vanilla it gave me the feeling that these runs were a result of my skills and intuition – it empowered me. Now, when it happens once in a blue moon, it just feels like a coincidence.
Agreed with every word here. It’s absolutely crazy how bad the games feel now compared to the demo.

We’re never getting that gameplay back either.

Im reading twitter comments and got upset.. no one is caring gameplay .. just faces requests.. we are minority guys whatever we do we are minority..

It's because for those guys there is no gameplay - just hold :r2:+:x: and try to out-exploit the other guy... and then swipe credit card, play the lottery, and admire the faces of the players you "won". :SHAKE:

was there a feature this year that lets you adjust the kits luminosity? im sure i saw that in a few videos in the build up to release is it in game anywhere?

New to PES after switching over from FIFA.

Using the following OFs.
PES World for England Premier League and Championship, Italian Serie A and Spanish La Liga.
PES Galaxy for the German Bundesliga.
PES Universe for Spanish La Liga 2.
and Cypes for the other Licensed European Leagues.
Few other random ones for the Japanese J League, Chinese Super League etc ....

Question though. Which I have absolutely no idea about.
How do you know which leagues you need to have 'apply player and squad data' ticked/not ticked ?

Back
Top Bottom