eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Question though. Which I have absolutely no idea about.
How do you know which leagues you need to have 'apply player and squad data' ticked/not ticked ?
Teams that are not in the game basically.
If you have a team, but it doesnt have proper kits and its name is weird (like Chelsea B) - dont tick any boxes.

If you are adding a new team, or league - you have to Apply Player Data.
So Bundesliga, for example. There are 3 teams in the game - Bayern, Bayer and Schalke. They dont need boxes ticked. All others do, coz they aint in the game.

Knockout round international cup as England against France, what a game. Didn't broadcast the whole game but highlights are good. Demonstrates super chancel and double tap to beat defenders or win a foul. Superstar level. Great game although AI gets away with too many fouls

Teams that are not in the game basically.
If you have a team, but it doesnt have proper kits and its name is weird (like Chelsea B) - dont tick any boxes.

If you are adding a new team, or league - you have to Apply Player Data.
So Bundesliga, for example. There are 3 teams in the game - Bayern, Bayer and Schalke. They dont need boxes ticked. All others do, coz they aint in the game.

Feel like I should really know this by now but am I right in saying that by using different OFs it can get messy as you may end up overwriting the same player more than once?

Feel like I should really know this by now but am I right in saying that by using different OFs it can get messy as you may end up overwriting the same player more than once?
Couldnt tell you, pal. I never use few together and never overwrite anything. If Im installing a different OF (even a new version of the same one) - I delete everything first. Thats what OF people recommend, so I just got to a habit of it.

Couldnt tell you, pal. I never use few together and never overwrite anything. If Im installing a different OF (even a new version of the same one) - I delete everything first. Thats what OF people recommend, so I just got to a habit of it.

Cheers.

Anyone who uses a blend of OFs care to shed any light?

Cheers.

Yeah that could happen, since fake teams only have 23 players, and often there are more players than that in a squad, so these extra players need to come from somewhere. But the best ones get around this in different ways: using created players, different duplicates from fake NT, some even manage to add whole new players with unique IDs using computer tools. Sometimes it's not necessary, like in Liga MX or Bundesliga, where some teams already have plenty of licensed players in the game, so 23 fakes is more than enough for the rest of the squad...

But some OFs unfortunatelly may "borrow" extra players from other fake teams and that's when you have problems... so you just need to be careful installing or first find out what method they use. If you have a specific OF in mind, I may know what it does.

Cheers.

I'm NOT using multiple files at the moment. But read up a little as it affects my Random DB work.
Essentially, as long as all the option file makers have used the same playerIDs for players (should be fine for existing, but might be a problem for new players or cleaned dupe players) you shouldn't have issues with players themselves.
If you have files with players at two different clubs...that would be interesting to see how the import process handles it. In a perfect world, it just removes the player from the earlier imported Option File's club. However, I don't know how well the game would handle removing a player from a starting line-up and roles (captain/set-pieces). The game hopefully just rolls with the punches, but I've not tested that to find out.

Anyone know if it’s possible to cancel the call for a pass in Become a Legend? I actually find the ai teammates to be rather decent this year, but sometimes there’s an annoying delay where we have it on the halfway line and being the Italian Jamie Vardy that I am, I burst in behind the defence calling for the ball over the top (which they sometimes pull off), but there’s the odd occasion where the midfielder decides against it and drops it back to the centre half or left back and then.. (you know where this is going) they themselves remember that I called for the ball a second ago, so they attempt the pass over the top instead.. failing by about 20 yards. Not to mention that I’m about 20 yards offside now because of the delay...

So is there any way you can cancel a call for a pass? This would be very handy to know.
Thanks guys.

Anyone know if it’s possible to cancel the call for a pass in Become a Legend? I actually find the ai teammates to be rather decent this year, but sometimes there’s an annoying delay where we have it on the halfway line and being the Italian Jamie Vardy that I am, I burst in behind the defence calling for the ball over the top (which they sometimes pull off), but there’s the odd occasion where the midfielder decides against it and drops it back to the centre half or left back and then.. (you know where this is going) they themselves remember that I called for the ball a second ago, so they attempt the pass over the top instead.. failing by about 20 yards. Not to mention that I’m about 20 yards offside now because of the delay...

So is there any way you can cancel a call for a pass? This would be very handy to know.
Thanks guys.

No, sadly, there's no way to cancel a pass. I can certainly relate to your frustration. My biggest annoyance in this regard is when you call for it hoping for a ball to run onto and they play it 15 yards behind you where you've just run from! Still, as you say, there has been some clever moments from the AI in some of my games too.

Thanks guys.
No way dude it is broken.. no need to be cancel though ai has to be smart not to send u if your out of position... also your players plays like idiots they cant even pass you when you are in 5 yards... no one mentioned it to konami but i hope patch has something with bal

I discovered one thing when i was experimenting.. im on ps4 pro with a great hi tech tv... i played the same exhibition match everything was same except stadiums.. and i became sure that stadiums and camera angles affect games smoothness a lot... i think on stadiums and camera angles where fans are visilbe more the frame rate and smoothness gets worse... but on stadiums where it has a big running court around and fans are not visible much game is like a butter, a lot more smooth and responsive... if u wanna see by yourself try a match in stadio orione on stadium cam (not max zoomed out) .. it is just a like a different game .. i was suspicious about turf but it is not .. it is fans cheering and jmping ... it ruins the frame rate when is too visible on screen.. recommendation : make height of camera as high as possible and zoom more for better smoothness..

I discovered one thing when i was experimenting.. im on ps4 pro with a great hi tech tv... i played the same exhibition match everything was same except stadiums.. and i became sure that stadiums and camera angles affect games smoothness a lot... i think on stadiums and camera angles where fans are visilbe more the frame rate and smoothness gets worse... but on stadiums where it has a big running court around and fans are not visible much game is like a butter, a lot more smooth and responsive... if u wanna see by yourself try a match in stadio orione on stadium cam (not max zoomed out) .. it is just a like a different game .. i was suspicious about turf but it is not .. it is fans cheering and jmping ... it ruins the frame rate when is too visible on screen.. recommendation : make height of camera as high as possible and zoom more for better smoothness..
Also make a free training match 11 vs 11 u will be shocked how it is responsive when compared with others.. you know why? Cuz in training matches there is no fans at the stadium empty stands...

No, sadly, there's no way to cancel a pass. I can certainly relate to your frustration. My biggest annoyance in this regard is when you call for it hoping for a ball to run onto and they play it 15 yards behind you where you've just run from! Still, as you say, there has been some clever moments from the AI in some of my games too.
Seems like the same problem the throw-ins have. Even on fuma, they always play to where the player was...! Never tried using L2 for throw-ins I just notice. :) will give it a try

BTW: the throw-in bug, where the opponent is not following, is a shame. ^^

Last edited:
No way dude it is broken.. no need to be cancel though ai has to be smart not to send u if your out of position... also your players plays like idiots they cant even pass you when you are in 5 yards... no one mentioned it to konami but i hope patch has something with bal
I don’t know, I’ve played for Lecce (think they’re better than they are), then Almeria signed me (long ball team, but helped with my aerial stats) and now I’m at Espanyol who signed me in January. All of these teams could pass to me from a variety of angles, they’ll just do the odd brainless pass or when I’m making a late run in the box, sometimes they’ll fizz a ball in around the 6 yard box, and other times they’ll cross it to where I started the run from.. bizarre. Then of course, as I’ve already mentioned, the pass delay issue. One thing that really grinds me down though is we could have a really strong battling performance against Barcelona and Atletico, but then the next game, we could lose 3-0 away at Alaves because the defenders aren’t as sharp as the previous game, so they let strikers slip away or leave them in space.

Played about 5 El Classicos FM.

Manual really frees up the game to the detriment of players losing impact of shooting and passing stats.

The price that must be paid I feel to be able to carve your own type of game.

Basic shooting and PA1 is just too restrictive at this stage...

Long been said but a level in between would be perfect for both passing and shooting.

Question for all of you guys

Have you ever seen CPU playing with the 2nd or 3rd Gk in ML against you?
No, but it can happen when the physical condition is bad.
I preferred in my C.T. to always require the cpu to deploy players based on their ability, not fitness condition.
Maybe it's not the best choice but at least the cpu always deploys the best 11

I need to express my feelings again! ;)
Please respect that.

What a joy to play a friend local in 2020!!
We played together the first time. He’s behind what football tactics means; but he’s trying. ;) we lost that first match 0:1.
but we had some fun. Our play together needs some adjustments.. but overall: pure fun!!
I love that game!! :LOVE:

Knockout round international cup as England against France, what a game. Didn't broadcast the whole game but highlights are good. Demonstrates super chancel and double tap to beat defenders or win a foul. Superstar level. Great game although AI gets away with too many fouls

Don't bother with evidence mate. I've put a few videos up proving dribbling on superstar and legend. It seems some people just have it in their mind. Even making up that there is a catch up bug etc.

I played my buddy again. Jordania vs Germany. I lost 0:1. :SS First time I lost against him. But still: fun!!
I took hat advice of playing together. And it was fun! Thanks for that.

This game is special. Sure it ain’t prefect and such... but it is fun to play, imo!!! Best in this generation!!

Don't bother with evidence mate. I've put a few videos up proving dribbling on superstar and legend. It seems some people just have it in their mind. Even making up that there is a catch up bug etc.
not sure about master league but there's no catch up bug in any other mode, In the highlight reel on my video kane is chased by 2 defenders from half way and scores

not sure about master league but there's no catch up bug in any other mode, In the highlight reel on my video kane is chased by 2 defenders from half way and scores
You can get away... if you do it wisely ;)
Double sprint and regular sprint are such different things.... for example. But I’m repeating myself... so...
I’m off playing the game!! :D

Edit: because acting is better then talking! ;)
Love that game! I mean, love playing!!

I’ve managed to get away from CBs and score with Martial on my Man Utd save in ML.

I’ve got my issues with PES 2020 but catch up bug isn’t one of them, faster players can easily get away from slower defenders.

Konami, Next generation i want to see a full presentation overhaul. Also give me total control of my game! No rails or any AI assistance on my controlled player! And a new game engine too. Or i'll send in my friend......

giphy.gif

I can't find a single person to play online with? I've been searching for 10 minutes now. Does no one play this game online?

You can get away... if you do it wisely ;)
Double sprint and regular sprint are such different things.... for example. But I’m repeating myself... so...
I’m off playing the game!! :D

Edit: because acting is better then talking! ;)
Love that game! I mean, love playing!!

You may already answered this, but in what difficulty are you playing? And which version?
It's seems that we are playing a totally different game, AI can make perfect tackles, aggressive physical contact without being penalized and it's really good at predicting my moves. I am playing on Superstar.

Back
Top Bottom