eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

You may already answered this, but in what difficulty are you playing? And which version?
It's seems that we are playing a totally different game, AI can make perfect tackles, aggressive physical contact without being penalized and it's really good at predicting my moves. I am playing on Superstar.
Professional here. I switched to top player while I’m hammering the vanilla. But on PS4 version 1.3 it’s professional. (Regular speed)

Isn’t that all in my signature?!
Edit: did an update on my signature. On mobile you have to go into landscape mode to see the signature. :BYE:

Last edited:
Got to play two online games in eFootball mode, the divisions one. First one won 3-0 as Norwich v Arsenal. 2nd one tied 0-0 v Juve. I played using fuma as well against basic. Not bad at all. I could hold my own. The Arsenal guy stopped playing after the 3rd goal though. It was the 85th minute and he just let the clock run. I stopped playing as well. Didn't feel right.

First time for me online vs strangers after a very long time. I don't play online even. Connection was excellent which helped a lot.

With a week to go till 1.4 hits the consoles, I reverted it all back to vanilla. Rangers ML it is again and the first match shows (to me): I like vanilla the most. Gosh. What a good game.

The freedom and randomness is really king and fouls are there. I’m in between SS and TP, but I enjoy this so much more than 1.2 or 1.3!

The “human factor” for AI is more pronounced as well. And im I love with that. That is one major part for me!
The AI isn’t that super spontaneous when it’s about loose balls. You have a chance. Same as they have a chance. Loose ball battles seem more free. More fair.
And I appreciate that big time.

While I’m playing I could name so many things that are better. It’s crazy. Just a few things are worse. Not many.

The response times are much better. And this is the first time, I’m taking this into consideration... there must be something down to response times. Wish I could get my thoughts out much clearer... ich wünschte ich könnte genauer ausrücken was ich meine. ;)
Edit: Opponent players are not super quick in getting balls back. They behave and walk and run more natural.
The “force field” is not that pronounced. You are not “sticking” to the opponent a lot of times. It’s more free, weighty and challenging, imo.

I’m repeating myself, I know, but what can you do (?!): when you feel joy and want to share. :D
Didnt knew how it was because i was with the 1st update since release & the last one as well.I went vanila yesterday.
Well,for me (offline person), vanila is better hands down.It "looks" the same, but it plays so different...

Still experimenting and i found 2 ways of scripting first one is we all know stats boost or decrease.. but the second one is annoying which is loose ball favoring...
The second one starts when a team losing or last minutes of halves.. all loose balls 50-50 balls are taken by scripting team.. wheter it can be cpu tean or your team.. especially it is very annoying in penalty boxes.. at first i thought it was offensive awareness boost to collect loose balls but it is not.. all balls are bouncing to scripting team and impossible to stop...

Today i had a exhibition match.. i was rennes against nantes at away.. similar strength teams to prevent scripting as much as possible.. i had 21 shots 19 on target and cpu had 4(3).. 1-1 draw... it was on ss full manual.. chances of mine was so clear but i couldnt score on manual shooting i did all but keeper saves all .. especially manual shooting is useless when you approach directly to keeper from middle.. it is so difficult to find corners it can be a lil wide or go to center.. i wish that cpu can help a little ...

You may already answered this, but in what difficulty are you playing? And which version?
It's seems that we are playing a totally different game, AI can make perfect tackles, aggressive physical contact without being penalized and it's really good at predicting my moves. I am playing on Superstar.
I play on superstar, watch my last video there's demonstration using supercancel and double tap sprint how to beat the AI, that said superstars is tough but what do you expect. I got to quarter finals of cup and was beaten 3-1 in extra time, but I did beat France

Still experimenting and i found 2 ways of scripting first one is we all know stats boost or decrease.. but the second one is annoying which is loose ball favoring...
The second one starts when a team losing or last minutes of halves.. all loose balls 50-50 balls are taken by scripting team.. wheter it can be cpu tean or your team.. especially it is very annoying in penalty boxes.. at first i thought it was offensive awareness boost to collect loose balls but it is not.. all balls are bouncing to scripting team and impossible to stop...
You spend time actually looking for flaws?
Not that your past time is any of my business but I just don't get it.

You spend time actually looking for flaws?
Not that your past time is any of my business but I just don't get it.

what's not to get? IMO his points are valid and he's entitled to point them out.

flaws need to be highlighted so that konami don't get the message that they can sell folks a full RRP game and deliver much less. to accept this game at its price is a consumer tragedy...let alone based on a demo that did not reflect digital release gameplay.

the above combined with a few years of PES play has led me just to not bother with probs 80% of the game - i.e. I only play exhinition matches.

I also had to spend an age modifying tactics to get a game that should've been enjoyable out the box.

Yeh I enjoy it but I'm putting was too much effort / missing a lot of content to do that.

guys like PRO_TOO are enjoying vanilla yet he's having to sacrifice the online game he is entitled to play given he paid for it.

if the game was without flaws, the game would defend itself.

so really the (rhetorical) question has to be : why are you not just enjoying the game instead of questioning the folks that are taking the time/effort to point out the flaws?

Could someone please help me with an issue I'm having with installing PES universe option file V2.

I bought the option file from their site and have been following what tutorials I can online for that option file but my game doesn't recognise any USB sticks... Keeps saying load image list data not found when I go to import from the usb stick.

I'm using fat32 or exfat , tried both, and different memory sticks including a SanDisk one, and the folder is extracted as WEPES.

Can't seem to find any help from anyone.

I was trying to finally get everyone I know to Play PES this year instead of FIFA but this issue is a big out off ATM.

Same reason people post to point out faults ..there's no point.. I'll stop it
What’s wrong with people pointing out faults about a video game on a forum that the entire website is dedicated to?

I don’t understand this mindset. Do you think that only positive feedback should be allowed here and any issues with the game be brushed under the carpet, ignored or simply not addressed? What would be the point in a discussion forum then?

What’s wrong with people pointing out faults about a video game on a forum that the entire website is dedicated to?

I don’t understand this mindset. Do you think that only positive feedback should be allowed here and any issues with the game be brushed under the carpet, ignored or simply not addressed? What would be the point in a discussion forum then?
Not at all, I'm all for pointing out negatives, but going searching for them is another level.. If you really look hard enough critiquing everytime something doesn't go your way you'll start finding things that aren't there.. Case and point "catch up bug"

Not at all, I'm all for pointing out negatives, but going searching for them is another level.. If you really look hard enough critiquing everytime something doesn't go your way you'll start finding things that aren't there.. Case and point "catch up bug"
You'll find there's quite a few people here that analyse every little thing in football gaming and it's up to them - it's their interest/hobby/whatever.

I'm with you on that I just try and enjoy it but if the basics are so bad (lack of fouls, never getting penalties) it's difficult to ignore.

@martyl2 You're a red card machine. How about reply to me with what you dissagree with instead of the constant sending offs? You're worse than Mike Dean.

Let me give you all (for no reason)
A big yellow card
images

And a red one!
images

Thanks mr. Ito!!! :D

I play on superstar, watch my last video there's demonstration using supercancel and double tap sprint how to beat the AI, that said superstars is tough but what do you expect. I got to quarter finals of cup and was beaten 3-1 in extra time, but I did beat France
Maybe i was not clear in the last message. I know how to beat them in speed and i don't think superstar difficulty should be easy. But there is a difference between a smart opponent that gives less space and a dumb opponent that tries to initiate physical contact as soon as possible, because is not getting penalized with fouls. Also, i have to admit that Konami is really smart, making people believe that super cancel is a great tool for every situation that occurs in the game. Instead of working on player awareness, they just gave a command for the user, transfering the responsability.

You'll find there's quite a few people here that analyse every little thing in football gaming and it's up to them - it's their interest/hobby/whatever.

I'm with you on that I just try and enjoy it but if the basics are so bad (lack of fouls, never getting penalties) it's difficult to ignore.

@martyl2 You're a red card machine. How about reply to me with what you dissagree with instead of the constant sending offs? You're worse than Mike Dean.
completely agree on penalties since 1.3 they are virtually non existent. I'm a bit torn on updating on Thursday as there's no going back unless to v1 but I don't want that, just hope they don't mess something up like lower the physicality and we end up back to zero fouls again like 2018/19

completely agree on penalties since 1.3 they are virtually non existent. I'm a bit torn on updating on Thursday as there's no going back unless to v1 but I don't want that, just hope they don't mess something up like lower the physicality and we end up back to zero fouls again like 2018/19
I think the game will play a lot better after Thursday from I've been reading about them addressing key issues.

I think the game will play a lot better after Thursday from I've been reading about them addressing key issues.
Its the HOW in addressing them that worries me. Im not happy with the game now, it has a lot of issues. But its still miles ahead to what we have since Pes17.
If they address them properly - happy days.
But if, like Hitmanuk says, they take away physicality altogether, or take away the randomness that came with 1.3 - thats not gonna fix anything. That will be reverting back to pes19 with better AI.
So far im still playing current version and im having some fun in my ML, but if Thursday patch is half arsed quick fix - ill be playing without option files on 1.0.

My "INFAMOUS" annual Live Update fix, started again for PES 2020. Here is a very early pdf, with fixes of mostly free agent players, some of them very significant, not being in their teams.

REVISED PDF!!!

Attachments

• My LIVE UPDATE fix 20.10.19.pdf
    568.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Could someone please help me with an issue I'm having with installing PES universe option file V2.

I bought the option file from their site and have been following what tutorials I can online for that option file but my game doesn't recognise any USB sticks... Keeps saying load image list data not found when I go to import from the usb stick.

I'm using fat32 or exfat , tried both, and different memory sticks including a SanDisk one, and the folder is extracted as WEPES.

Can't seem to find any help from anyone.

I was trying to finally get everyone I know to Play PES this year instead of FIFA but this issue is a big out off ATM.
Just to confirm, when you go to import, you can see the USB drive on your PS4.

And is the WEPES folder on the root of the USB, i.e not within a folder?

Guys i was thinkin, would anyone be interested in ps4 competition? I was thinking sth like 12 Players and we do Swiss or Danish league everyone gets a team and we go? What u think?

So I edited the lineup for both teams to match today’s real lineup and started playing the match of the day.
I like to set it up as real as it gets, weather, time, ball, kits, lineup... (for both teams)

I’m at half time playing MUN vs LIV and Rashford scored 2 already. What a fast guy he is...
Liverpool got in front via Firmino in minute 17. I equalized in min 24 and scored the 2nd in minute 44.

so it’s 2:1 United for now on PS4 but I’ll watch the real thing now. Can’t wait for halftime break to finish that match on console.

Btw: it will start to rain as soon as Rashford scores the second! Just you know! :LOL:

Edit: I grabbed the 32inch LCD from the other room and installed it in the living room. Couldn’t wait to play second half so I put sky on the second screen.
My match ended 3:2 for United. Great match that was but I was missing Liverpool pressing hard at the end. Played exhibition, 20 min, professional.
Will play that match again on top player. Just to see...

Edit2: the real thing: :LMAO: and Rashford scores... unbelievable!
Wait for the second. It will get wet. :LOL:
BTW: foul play before that, right?!

Last edited:
Konami give us followings on thursday:
Fouls back
Loose ball responsiveness ( first touch)
Player select fix
Full time working supercancel
Feint and skills responding cpu

We will be super happy...

Back
Top Bottom