eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

Basic shooting sux ... even im on basic i use l2 for variety.. the only place where basic is useful is. 1vs1 with keeper to find corners.. and too much posts on basic too
fair enough like I said Im normally on advanced, I saw a dipping shot on basic that I hadn't seen before. Manual is too hit and miss for me. I can score and win but still not sure how I did it half the time

Only played one season on ML so far,nothing at all the past month!
But with the Serie B coming in a few days,I'm so back at it again.
Haven't played enough to be annoyed with it yet either,so to me Pes 20 is still a fresh game.
Looking fw to it actually

I can score and win but still not sure how I did it half the time
:LOL:
I had exactly the same thing going on there when I started with manual.
Especially on stadium cam. I was scoring goals and I had no idea how I did it..
It grew on me over time tho, same as PA0.
The only thing I cant use on Pes20 are Advanced Through balls. They have so much delay post input that it breaks my heart.

The only thing I cant use on Pes20 are Advanced Through balls. They have so much delay post input that it breaks my heart.
I find manual just kills the stats, I've scored goals on advanced with the right player from tight angles that I know are impossible on manual.... Still stick with ad through balls but I'm noticing the delay which is strange as there's no delay in shooting

On manual headers are powerful and u can win more headers compared with basic shooting.. how was it on advanced shooting? Can u score goals with headers on 1vs1 defenders?

On advanced through balls delay is not due to reponsiveness.. it is animation delay.. that kind of through balls animation is different and takes more time normal passing.. and while defenders are too powerrful and determined in current vision even 0.1 sec. is crucial to pass .. that animation takes too long and you lose ball frequently if you r in a crowded situation

For manual players here is tip:
If u use basic through balls; use triangle instead of X .. those passes are more accurate and your players awareness ( who gets the pass) is more compared with normal pass.. by the way i use circle ( long pass) tapping for medium range passes .. cpu is not good at intercepting those tapping long passes

I much prefer manual shooting. Feels great and enjoy the satisfaction when scoring from difficult angles. I just thought it strange that Player response felt so loose and fast like the demo, as soon as I switched to Basic shooting.

If u use basic through balls; use triangle instead of X .. those passes are more accurate and your players awareness ( who gets the pass) is more compared with normal pass.. by the way i use circle ( long pass) tapping for medium range passes .. cpu is not good at intercepting those tapping long passes

I’m torn between FM passing and shooting and basic and PA1.

Love the freedom of manual and variety in play especially in shooting, but sometimes I’m missing simple 5 yard passes and open goals due to the angle of the camera, meaning I’m struggling to get a win.

Would not happen on basic and PA1, and there’s always the element that stats matter that much more.

More manual testing me thinks. All on 1.0 btw. Looking forward to new patch

that kind of through balls animation is different and takes more time normal passing.. and while defenders are too powerrful and determined in current vision even 0.1 sec. is crucial to pass .
Yes I did notice different animation. But its not only current version that had this 'issue' (if you can call animation an issue)
This is just Adv Through Ball animation of Pes20. Even during the demo it was horribly slow to perform. All is grand when you want to perform long through ball - this animation fits and it looks cool. But nobody in tight space would ever try to pass like this. After a long time trying to adjust to these new Adv Through Balls - I had to give up.

I can add another tip to this one.
If you have a through ball, whether its air or ground and you are starting race to the ball against AI defender - use super cancel. I started using it frequently to help player awareness and to wake my players up. But it also cuts all the stupid pre-determined player paths. Im having much more 1v1 with the keeper. So I also started using it in the defense. Im basically using it almost all the time now.. :LOL:
But the difference is really noticeable.

Watching the Maradona HBO Documentary inspired me to take Napoli with him in Master League. Crashed out of the UCL group stage, out of the Copa Italia in the quarters and finished 2nd in the league to Juve who ran away with it and won the UCL....These motherfckers fired me! I hope they crash and burn! I should have sold all their good players! That asshole chairman said he hoped my resume was up-to-date because I’d need it. Good thing PSV offered me a job! I’m actually pissed off lmao

My friends. What do you recommend passing on?.

Manual or PA1? Just trying to decide what the advantages are of learning full manual passing.

Firstly v the computer and then my friends.
I usually play PA1 but if I go a goal or 2 up, I change to manual. Or sometimes I play on PA1 but make myself do manual passes everywhere except when I am near the opponents box.

The only thing that stops me playing on full manual all the time is the fact that there is a micro delay while the receiving player reacts to the placement of a pass. It's not noticeable until you are in a packed penalty area trying to create space for a shot. Also, on manual, I've missed really simple tap ins from low crosses because my player somehow tries to take a touch before controlling. This has been an issue for as far back as I can remember with pes. Doesn't occur on PA1, just on manual. Never understood it.

Wow. This is damning. We need to share this everywhere.

Hopefully this will silence the people that claim there is no scripting in PES.
Yeah all of this is apparent. The through ball particularly is an issue. Many a time, I have ruined counter attacks because the AI has decided that it is impossible for me to play a straight forward through ball.

I'm getting to grips with the shielding/strength aspects of the game now and don't get knocked off the ball that much. However, there is still an issue with the cpu reacting to my button press rather than reacting to what my player is doing. For example, there have been occasions where me and the cpu have been running towards each other but I'm 70/30 to get there before he does, because I am moving with greater momentum. However, instead of my momentum taking me past the cpu player, the player will somehow cut across me and zap all momentum. I've even had this phenomenon occur when I have been controlling someone like Pogba and have somehow got outmuscled by much smaller and less physical players running with absolutely no momentum. Its like the cpu doesn't need to worry about inertia anymore, but only for a split second.

There's been an enormous amount of hotly anticipated patches over the years that will arrive and 'fix' the game.
Not one single patch has ever come close to doing the business. Actually, I'd go so far as to say it's been 50/50 in making the game worse.

What makes this one so different? The developer facebook page, the abundance of demo over retail gameplay feedback that gives a clearer overall direction wanted?

I've got no more extra lives to give to this franchise unfortunately. Too many years hoping this is the yr, or this is the patch. Realistically, best case scenario the patch will tweak 2or 3 gameplay elements for the better. If it's in a 'simulation' direction I'll keep playing. If it progresses more arcadey with the same homicidal human torpedo defending and pingpong pa3 passing crap, I think it's time to walk away

There's been an enormous amount of hotly anticipated patches over the years that will arrive and 'fix' the game.
Not one single patch has ever come close to doing the business. Actually, I'd go so far as to say it's been 50/50 in making the game worse.

What makes this one so different? The developer facebook page, the abundance of demo over retail gameplay feedback that gives a clearer overall direction wanted?

I've got no more extra lives to give to this franchise unfortunately. Too many years hoping this is the yr, or this is the patch. Realistically, best case scenario the patch will tweak 2or 3 gameplay elements for the better. If it's in a 'simulation' direction I'll keep playing. If it progresses more arcadey with the same homicidal human torpedo defending and pingpong pa3 passing crap, I think it's time to walk away

The game has for sure issues. Some are core issues like the collision detection system and the GK-no fouls, or the Empty Midfield, others are minors. But the thing is, at least for my personal taste, it still isn't worse than 2018 or 2019 (both for different reasons)! Or to say it more clear, in its current (October) state it is better than "PES-2018.October" version and "PES-2019.October & Final-(May) version". It will need every Datapack from now until May to ruin the game, to become worse than the other two recent games.

@rockstrongo where have you been the last month pal? you were out of the game cause you didn't like it? Or some real-life stuff?

The game has for sure issues. Some are core issues like the collision detection system and the GK-no fouls, or the Empty Midfield, others are minors. But the thing is, at least for my personal taste, it still isn't worse than 2018 or 2019 (both for different reasons)! Or to say it more clear, in its current (October) state it is better than "PES-2018.October" version and "PES-2019.October & Final-(May) version". It will need every Datapack from now until May to ruin the game, to become worse than the other two recent games.

@rockstrongo where have you been the last month pal? you were out of the game cause you didn't like it? Or some real-life stuff?
With all issues pes 2020 is the best game footie even in this current version.. it is already november and this thread is stiil too active that is another proof.. potential of game is amazing...to make it even better is on konami s hand:
Loose ball - responsiveness
Defense line
Player select
Fouls and collision

If those 4 issues are solved... all of us will play it till 2021 demo for sure

I see some who are planning on restarting or starting their ML when the patch drops, what’s the reasoning for that?

I’m just about done with year 1 of my AC Milan ML, just wondering if I should start over.

I see some who are planning on restarting or starting their ML when the patch drops, what’s the reasoning for that?

I’m just about done with year 1 of my AC Milan ML, just wondering if I should start over.
No need to restart but for me i edited all teams tactics (disabled deep defensive line and swarm the box).. therefore i will restart.. and patch is on the way waiting 3-4 days for a refreshing start

I always play without power gauge but yesterday i enabled it and for my fuma passes i relaized a siginifacant success enhance.. i dunno it is placebo or not.. for fuma players are u playing with power gauge on?

I always play without power gauge but yesterday i enabled it and for my fuma passes i relaized a siginifacant success enhance.. i dunno it is placebo or not.. for fuma players are u playing with power gauge on?
I have it Off due to ridiculously easy free kicks. Now, having this off, at least my free kicks are challenging. Plus I started to like the empty screen, looks much more realistic. All I have ON is player and next player indicator.
Names, radar - all Off.

Just to confirm, when you go to import, you can see the USB drive on your PS4.

And is the WEPES folder on the root of the USB, i.e not within a folder?

Hi, thanks so much for the reply.
When I select edit, it shows 'loading images' then the failed to load message.

Then if I continue regardless and select import team it again shows the loading Images message (image data not found). It then gives a 'tutotial' and example of import data.

No, the usb drive doesn't come up in the game, but the PS4 system itself recognises it and allows me to format it.

Yes, the WEPES folder is the only folder in there and the other folders are within that WEPES folder.

AI Movement Prediction. They know almost everything you're going to do beforehand and they anticipate it. You can't fool them, you can't wrong foot them anymore like in the Demo. This is my biggest disillusion with the full game.

Absolutely.
Plus...they also don´t seem to anticipate always where the ball goes which I totally love.
When a high ball (for example from a goal kick) bounces on the ground the AI player sometimes seems to estimate the balls landing wrong and makes a mistake.
And that´s what you can do....following the player anyway, even you´d know he´ll get the ball under control and pass it to his teammate, which is after the update...but now you can wait for a mistake and keep making your run.
That´s quite lifelike...
I hope they´ll manage to get that back.

Looking forward to the update Thursday. Haven't touched the game for a couple of weeks now mainly because I've been playing a lot of Ghost recon breakpoint & wanted to just get PES out of my mind until the patch.

Had a few games on the FIFA demo over the weekend & while I'm still not particularly a fan of the gameplay, I must say I really love their new free kick & penalty system.

This is something Konami should definitely consider copying next year. I love the the way it's a bit like hitting shots on a golf game with a the different layers of power & spin trajectories. It's far superior to the dumbed down brain dead system on PES.

Back
Top Bottom