eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

With all issues pes 2020 is the best game footie even in this current version.. it is already november and this thread is stiil too active that is another proof.. potential of game is amazing...to make it even better is on konami s hand:
Loose ball - responsiveness
Defense line
Player select
Fouls and collision

If those 4 issues are solved... all of us will play it till 2021 demo for sure

Agreed.
Dam good game and best since PES 6 withstanding all its flaws;
And better than PES 13 in more recent years.

What's this patch everyone's anticipating? Why's it special?

Not 'special' per se, but hopefully it addresses a couple of the bigger issues in on-field gameplay. Anyway, I always look forward to developers improving their game and adding improved kits, faces and other content too.

I do consider their comms to be terrible though; every other developer whose games I play would be showing previews, running streams to show changes, posting changelogs. I can't say I'm a fan of the game, but FIFA's patch notes last year were excellently detailed.

BTW: not sure if it's accurate, but a list of new/updated/re-added faces floating around:

EHSKGL7WoAA6K3w

What's this patch everyone's anticipating? Why's it special?
Because it is the first time they have bug reporting on fb.. thet already confirmed via their posts that they will solve 3 issues: loose balls - defence line - supercancel...
Adam bhatti already said that the patched version( he played in their office) has a balance between 1.3 and the demo( as everyone requested).. thats why everyone is hyped imo.. it seems it is the first time konami listen us (or they pretend) .. we will see in 3 days.. fingers crossed

Because it is the first time they have bug reporting on fb.. thet already confirmed via their posts that they will solve 3 issues: loose balls - defence line - supercancel...
Adam bhatti already said that the patched version( he played in their office) has a balance between 1.3 and the demo( as everyone requested).. thats why everyone is hyped imo.. it seems it is the first time konami listen us (or they pretend) .. we will see in 3 days.. fingers crossed

While i never trust these PR guys , saying "played in the office and loved it etc,etc..", but i really hope and crossing my fingers, that at least someone in KONAMI playtested it before realease..

While i never trust these PR guys , saying "played in the office and loved it etc,etc..", but i really hope and crossing my fingers, that at least someone in KONAMI playtested it before realease..
I dont trust adam either.. he is not simulation guy as we are.. he is ping pong pa3 style player.. so what he likes does not mean we like it either.. he is not in same frequency with us.. but at least this year they have a lot more interaction with user.. even they listen 10% of what we say and request ... it is a total profit

The game has for sure issues. Some are core issues like the collision detection system and the GK-no fouls, or the Empty Midfield, others are minors. But the thing is, at least for my personal taste, it still isn't worse than 2018 or 2019 (both for different reasons)! Or to say it more clear, in its current (October) state it is better than "PES-2018.October" version and "PES-2019.October & Final-(May) version". It will need every Datapack from now until May to ruin the game, to become worse than the other two recent games.

@rockstrongo where have you been the last month pal? you were out of the game cause you didn't like it? Or some real-life stuff?
Hey pal!
Nope,Ive been busy as hell,in the middle of a crazy football seasin here in Sweden,plus work,and I haven't really been in to playing Pes right now (two seasons of fifa 17 the past 3 weeks)
Bit I'm all good pal,nice to hear from you!

Hey pal!
Nope,Ive been busy as hell,in the middle of a crazy football seasin here in Sweden,plus work,and I haven't really been in to playing Pes right now (two seasons of fifa 17 the past 3 weeks)

Hope to see you back at the helm for 1.4 release mate!
Hope its not garbage...

Hope to see you back at the helm for 1.4 release mate!
Hope its not garbage...
Cheers mate, I'm looking fw to the 1,4 release, especially with Serie B in it!
I really liked my first season of ML with Roma,but I played it like I was obsessed,think I finished it within a week,on 20 min games.
Kinda burned my candle at both ends.
Are you having any ML going?

Hey pal!

Yeah you must be going bananas my friend, Bajen can do it now! :) I really hope you guys take it in the end, the other three are like the evil empire all put together... (only minus is we can't sing: "En gång är ingen gång, Hammarby har inget guld" anymore... ;)) )

Sorry for OT.

Last edited:
In case this wasn't posted, the latest PS4 firmware added HDR editing at system level. So for people having issues, you can give this a try. You can find it under settings and screen.
Games have to be patched to take advantage of it, Doubt many will and it will be newer titles that incorporate it.

Cheers mate, I'm looking fw to the 1,4 release, especially with Serie B in it!
I really liked my first season of ML with Roma,but I played it like I was obsessed,think I finished it within a week,on 20 min games.
Kinda burned my candle at both ends.
Are you having any ML going?

Good stuff.
Started one with Celtic at the weekend, just to tide myself over until the new update. Playing on vanilla TP and FM. Only get time to play at weekends so just halfway through first season.
Playing with non big teams is more enjoyable in PES.
If 1.4 is good il delve into a Serie A with latest option file etc.

Yeah you must be going bananas my friend, Bajen can do it now! :) I really hope you guys take it in the end, the other three are like the evil empire all put togehter... (only minus is we can't sing: "En gång är ingen gång, Hammarby har inget guld" anymore... ;)) )

Sorry for OT.
Cheers pal,the axis of evil must not win.
Crazy game last night.
Please beat our houseguests in the final round pal:)
OT sorry

Good stuff.
Started one with Celtic at the weekend, just to tide myself over until the new update. Playing on vanilla TP and FM. Only get time to play at weekends so just halfway through first season.
Playing with non big teams is more enjoyable in PES.
If 1.4 is good il delve into a Serie A with latest option file etc.
Sounds great!
I'm thinking of going for a smaller team in Serie A next time, Parma/Sampdoria maybe.
Looking fw to it

Is there a way to stop the upcoming patch from installing onto your system?

I debating on whether to continue my ML with the current patch or start a new ML with the new patch. :THINK:

Is there a way to stop the upcoming patch from installing onto your system?

I debating on whether to continue my ML with the current patch or start a new ML with the new patch. :THINK:
turn off the Internet in settings.. Think I'm going to update, 1.3 is great so can't see them messing it up

That's the joy of my league mode I've set up. I don't have to restart my league again if I don't need to as the download won't affect my editing in any way. Will hopefully apply Klashmans tactics afterwards as the final piece of the jigsaw. Thoroughly enjoying this years game.

Why I'm sure you're joking???????
Its a safe bet to say Im joking, Im usually joking. Very hard to have a serious conversation with me.. ask my wife.. :LOL:

As for the 'monster patch' - Im half joking - half hoping. Game needs some polish, but its not that far from being fantastic game of footy..

The issues they are supposed to tackle are the issues people here are describing.
So this, together with huge community response on FB, where most people also agreed on the issues with us, gives me hope that maybe this time they will fix the things that need fixing and leave the things that are working fine.

Overall its still solid and enjoyable game, but it can be soooo much better if this patch works..

Can someone recap what they said they are looking at improving

- Issue with super cancel (online) not working
- AI player reactions to loose balls (the ‘running away’ issue)
- Reducing the amount of space between midfield and defence (correcting issue with pressing style and deep defensive line)

Can someone recap what they said they are looking at improving
As far as I remember main ones were:
- player reactions and awareness
- switching
- space between defense and midfield

Apart from them, whatever they say about not going back to demo gameplay, they simply cant ignore huge feedback that demo 'feel' was better, that dribbling, defending and fouls were more enjoyable on demo for most people.
So Im hoping that, without reversing to the demo, they will try to find a middle ground. Leaving demanding AI and giving people some of that 'on the ball' demo feeling. Which was more or less confirmed by Adam when he said patch should keep both camps happy - those, who liked demo and those who like current version.
Regardless whether he was telling the truth or not - it shows that they are aware of the feedback and are trying to find a sweet spot.

Why the fuck the cpu has an invisible power barrier around their players to make them impossible to tackle, yet the cpu players can push my players head down any time wihtout a single foul?

Bullshit.

EDIT: Oh it seems like bullshit and fuck are ok words but not retard? What the? :D

"Listen" yeah right, then why they changed the gameplay after the demo? :D

As far as I remember main ones were:
- player reactions and awareness
- switching
- space between defense and midfield

Apart from them, whatever they say about not going back to demo gameplay, they simply cant ignore huge feedback that demo 'feel' was better, that dribbling, defending and fouls were more enjoyable on demo for most people.
So Im hoping that, without reversing to the demo, they will try to find a middle ground. Leaving demanding AI and giving people some of that 'on the ball' demo feeling. Which was more or less confirmed by Adam when he said patch should keep both camps happy - those, who liked demo and those who like current version.
Regardless whether he was telling the truth or not - it shows that they are aware of the feedback and are trying to find a sweet spot.
I just can't understand adam said that some people(not minority obviously) didn't like the demo, how is this possible
apart from the upgrade of ai difficulty, I can't find any other better part in the full game than the demo
and those who disliked the demo are the one destorying the final game

Back
Top Bottom