eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I just can't understand adam said that some people(not minority obviously) didn't like the demo, how is this possible
apart from the upgrade of ai difficulty, I can't find any other better part in the full game than the demo
and those who disliked the demo are the one destorying the final game
Lack of pressure from the AI, They are too stand off'ish giving you all the time in the world to knock it about. Patch 1.3 seems to be bang in the middle and the retail game so it will be interesting to see where they go from here.

I nearly didn't buy the full game because the demo was so ridiculously easy, even as someone who hasn't played a football video game for 5 years. I don't think I ever conceded more than once, with a median average of 0. I'm glad the actual game is a bit harder, even if it feels a little 'unfair' sometimes at the moment. Looking forward to seeing what a few patches can do to it.

Lack of pressure from the AI, They are too stand off'ish giving you all the time in the world to knock it about. Patch 1.3 seems to be bang in the middle and the retail game so it will be interesting to see where they go from here.
yes, thats what I was talking about, the upgrade of ai difficulty, the only part I think they are definitely improved
however it also resulted some of the script sh!t in ml
and the game lost some of the randomness and fairness because ai usually win the ball in 50/50 situation and physical battle

I just can't understand adam said that some people(not minority obviously) didn't like the demo, how is this possible
Apart from AI being too passive, which was one of the reasons people didnt like the demo, main reason behind gameplay change was massive feedback that "every touch is a foul".
Posts like this were all over twitter when demo launched. Unfortunately - people didnt give the game a chance and majority didnt learn how to defend properly before charging at Konami with torches. And Konami listened. Defensive X pressure got a huge boost and fouls were decreased. Thats why we are where we are.

As far as I remember main ones were:
- player reactions and awareness
- switching
- space between defense and midfield

Apart from them, whatever they say about not going back to demo gameplay, they simply cant ignore huge feedback that demo 'feel' was better, that dribbling, defending and fouls were more enjoyable on demo for most people.
So Im hoping that, without reversing to the demo, they will try to find a middle ground. Leaving demanding AI and giving people some of that 'on the ball' demo feeling. Which was more or less confirmed by Adam when he said patch should keep both camps happy - those, who liked demo and those who like current version.
Regardless whether he was telling the truth or not - it shows that they are aware of the feedback and are trying to find a sweet spot.
Oh please go back to demo gameplay - or similar. I would be very happy with that.

Do you think they’ll actually action this though if they’ve only listed three gameplay changes?

Do you think they’ll actually action this though if they’ve only listed three gameplay changes?
I think that PES is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you gonna get.
But I also believe that everything is connected and one tweak can have an effect somewhere else.
If you increase player awareness - that might help us in both defense and offense. If you close the gap between midfield and defense - we might get more aggressive duels on the pitch and we might get more fouls. Also - it might give us a bit of breathing space for quick counters and more 1v1 duels instead of that constant chess play around penalty box.
They didnt say anything about making the ball more "free" with the last patch, so Im hoping that they will do the same with defensive pressure this time. And we will get some risk/reward defending back.
I dont think they will make it worse tbh and there is a chance they will make it better. So fingers crossed.

I sometimes miss the days when a game was released and that was it (stay with me here). These days with the (near) instant patch capability and wide social media. Games can change overnight and vocal complaints CAN be from a minority or from an 'ill-informed place' (like too many fouls in the demo). It used to be that you released a game mostly on your own vision. If it sold worse (or better) than a previous year you might speak to your fans and have (at least) half year to review and consider all that feedback. You could spend months testing the game and ensuring it meets your new vision. You might demo the game at a big press show, but those were mostly populated by press that would provide more considered opinion and less snap judgements.

Now we see a vocal complaint (valid or invalid), followed by a rapid response in order to avoid going viral for the wrong reasons and we end up with lots of little tweaks and changes which sometimes just create more issues than they solve (like I think going from demo to first release did).

TD;DR - I wonder if we would be happier or worse off with PES if there was no social media outcries and the game you recieved was it for the whole year?

PS. Probably worse off overall, but it did make me wonder!

I sometimes miss the days when a game was released and that was it (stay with me here). These days with the (near) instant patch capability and wide social media. Games can change overnight and vocal complaints CAN be from a minority or from an 'ill-informed place' (like too many fouls in the demo). It used to be that you released a game mostly on your own vision. If it sold worse (or better) than a previous year you might speak to your fans and have (at least) half year to review and consider all that feedback. You could spend months testing the game and ensuring it meets your new vision. You might demo the game at a big press show, but those were mostly populated by press that would provide more considered opinion and less snap judgements.

Now we see a vocal complaint (valid or invalid), followed by a rapid response in order to avoid going viral for the wrong reasons and we end up with lots of little tweaks and changes which sometimes just create more issues than they solve (like I think going from demo to first release did).

TD;DR - I wonder if we would be happier or worse off with PES if there was no social media outcries and the game you recieved was it for the whole year?

PS. Probably worse off overall, but it did make me wonder!
You raise a good point. I would love it if they had released the demo version. I’d still be playing PES 2020 if this was the case.

People threw their toys out of the pram after playing the demo for just 10 minutes because they couldn’t be bothered to learn the new way to defend etc. So annoying.

We have 3 days to go before the patch. I have a little test for you if anyone is interested.
Regardless whether you play assisted or manual - play one game using supercancel most of the time. In both offense and defense. Basically - dont use it only when you are on the ball.

When you are attacking and make a pass - run to the ball holding super cancel and let go of it only when you get to the ball.

When you are defending - use supercancel while applying pressure on AI. Once you get close, let go of sprint and just hold R2 jockey (plus X if you want)

Just try it as a test. You will see how player awareness, pre-determined paths and magnetism are hurting this game overall.

I was amazed how much more free I felt on the pitch, how much more smooth my attacks were, without players stopping/freezing and looking for a ball.
How much better I was in defending turn+shoot AI fetish.

Problem is - we shouldnt have to hold super cancel to play like this. So even if they increase player awareness just a bit - it should have a big knock on effect on everything else.

Well they usually patch games to make happy the majority, and the majority of Pes and fifa players play fast online modes like the usual ones we all know. I think there shouldn't be a big controversy in saying the patch era absolutely screwed the old school or whoever wants a good single player experience. Look what they also did with the apparently excellent fifa beta.

I'd go back to the "play the same game all year" method in an heartbeat if I could.

And don't forget that "patch era" is the biggest excuse ever to not ever release a complete game again. "We are aware of the problem and we'll patch it later". You don't wait to take the money tho:D

I would definitely prefer developers to follow their own vision than to pander to the casual/social media knee-jerk reactions.

It's all about money though, so they will do all they can to chase a few more sales/microtransactions unfortunately. Keep these online P2W-mode whales playing for a few more weeks and rake in huge profits. Hopefully after those initial weeks/months pass, they'll start to cater for the more 'hardcore' crowd again who stick around for the long haul.

With sports games I generally tend to far prefer the ones by smaller/indie developers with a strict vision on gameplay/physics... Full Ace/Tennis Elbow are far superior gameplay-wise and resemble tennis far more than the shambolic AO Tennis/TWT, Shooters Pool is a far better and more realistic pool/snooker game than Pure Pool/Snooker 19 etc...

Unfortunately we don't have such a gameplay/physics focussed alternative when it comes to football - it's such a complex sport to replicate that there probably never will be either, so we are forced to rely on EA/Konami to provide something tolerable, which they barely manage most years.

I would definitely prefer developers to follow their own vision than to pander to the casual/social media knee-jerk reactions.

It's all about money though, so they will do all they can to chase a few more sales/microtransactions unfortunately. Keep these online P2W-mode whales playing for a few more weeks and rake in huge profits. Hopefully after those initial weeks/months pass, they'll start to cater for the more 'hardcore' crowd again who stick around for the long haul.

With sports games I generally tend to far prefer the ones by smaller/indie developers with a strict vision on gameplay/physics... Full Ace/Tennis Elbow are far superior gameplay-wise and resemble tennis far more than the shambolic AO Tennis/TWT, Shooters Pool is a far better and more realistic pool/snooker game than Pure Pool/Snooker 19 etc...

Unfortunately we don't have such a gameplay/physics focussed alternative when it comes to football - it's such a complex sport to replicate that there probably never will be either, so we are forced to rely on EA/Konami to provide something tolerable, which they barely manage most years.
Did i read Elbow Tennis is coming to consoles very soon?

Could any of you guys using PS4 let me know which usb stick you use for option files...

Make and model etc.

Would really appreciate it.

Hopefully stops me spending more money on usb sticks that don't work.

Thanks.

You raise a good point. I would love it if they had released the demo version. I’d still be playing PES 2020 if this was the case.

People threw their toys out of the pram after playing the demo for just 10 minutes because they couldn’t be bothered to learn the new way to defend etc. So annoying.

But some things needed adjustments, some fouls were given when the ball was not even close and at the end of animations where players bumped into each other.

I have a feeling the patch is going to fix some of the issues but ruin it in other ways.
Patches in PES have usually tightened up the game meaning more restrictive play and less freedom and unpredictability.
Just a hunch, I cannot see it becoming more free like 1.0.

We have 3 days to go before the patch. I have a little test for you if anyone is interested.
Regardless whether you play assisted or manual - play one game using supercancel most of the time. In both offense and defense. Basically - dont use it only when you are on the ball.

When you are attacking and make a pass - run to the ball holding super cancel and let go of it only when you get to the ball.

When you are defending - use supercancel while applying pressure on AI. Once you get close, let go of sprint and just hold R2 jockey (plus X if you want)

Just try it as a test. You will see how player awareness, pre-determined paths and magnetism are hurting this game overall.

I was amazed how much more free I felt on the pitch, how much more smooth my attacks were, without players stopping/freezing and looking for a ball.
How much better I was in defending turn+shoot AI fetish.

Problem is - we shouldnt have to hold super cancel to play like this. So even if they increase player awareness just a bit - it should have a big knock on effect on everything else.
Good point brother.. i strated to use supercancel when controlling hard passes the first touch freeze significantly dissepeared. Even you touch r1 and r2 simultanously once before getting ball player becomes more responsive and aware

I have a feeling the patch is going to fix some of the issues but ruin it in other ways.
Patches in PES have usually tightened up the game meaning more restrictive play and less freedom and unpredictability.
Just a hunch, I cannot see it becoming more free like 1.0.
One thing you are wrong is it is the first time community demands demo ish gameplay.. our voice is louder this time ... thats why patch will be a good path.. not 1.0 but something between.. challenging and free..

Yeah that could happen, since fake teams only have 23 players, and often there are more players than that in a squad, so these extra players need to come from somewhere. But the best ones get around this in different ways: using created players, different duplicates from fake NT, some even manage to add whole new players with unique IDs using computer tools. Sometimes it's not necessary, like in Liga MX or Bundesliga, where some teams already have plenty of licensed players in the game, so 23 fakes is more than enough for the rest of the squad...

But some OFs unfortunatelly may "borrow" extra players from other fake teams and that's when you have problems... so you just need to be careful installing or first find out what method they use. If you have a specific OF in mind, I may know what it does.
I'm NOT using multiple files at the moment. But read up a little as it affects my Random DB work.
Essentially, as long as all the option file makers have used the same playerIDs for players (should be fine for existing, but might be a problem for new players or cleaned dupe players) you shouldn't have issues with players themselves.
If you have files with players at two different clubs...that would be interesting to see how the import process handles it. In a perfect world, it just removes the player from the earlier imported Option File's club. However, I don't know how well the game would handle removing a player from a starting line-up and roles (captain/set-pieces). The game hopefully just rolls with the punches, but I've not tested that to find out.

Interesting. Basically I just want an OF that flushes out all fake teams and players and fake player names. But I get a sense that it's impossible due to capacity issues and how much OF makers prioritise graphics and the cosmetic stuff. Or am I wrong?

Did i read Elbow Tennis is coming to consoles very soon?
It'll be on PC first, probably through Steam early access, and then the console release is planned to coincide with the finished v1.0 game.

"and hopefully the PS4 & Xbox One versions for December 2020 with the v1.0 "

So still more than 12 months away, and manutoo often gets delayed from these original plans :D .

Plans/FAQ - https://www.managames.com/Forum/topic15-30551.php
Dev-blog - https://www.managames.com/Forum/topic15-31541.php

P.S. - Sorry for off-topic.

Good point brother.. i strated to use supercancel when controlling hard passes the first touch freeze significantly dissepeared. Even you touch r1 and r2 simultanously once before getting ball player becomes more responsive and aware
I'm probably using supercancel 80% of the game

Could any of you guys using PS4 let me know which usb stick you use for option files...

Make and model etc.

Would really appreciate it.

Hopefully stops me spending more money on usb sticks that don't work.

Thanks.
Go for a Sandisk, it’s what I use for option files and have never had any issues.

Link:

Go for a Sandisk, it’s what I use for option files and have never got any issues.

Link:

I used 3 or 4 different ones. Whichever one I can find in a drawer. Im 100% sure it has nothing to do with usb stick and everything to do with the way he loaded OF on it.
Unless his usb port on ps4 is bolloxed..

I used 3 or 4 different ones. Whichever one I can find in a drawer. Im 100% sure it has nothing to do with usb stick and everything to do with the way he loaded OF on it.
I always format the USB first and then load everything into a WEPES folder. I do remember reading on Reddit around the PES 2017 release that people were saying Sandisk were one of the better USB drives.

I’ve not once had an issue with Sandisk but have with other makes. But who knows.

Post sponsored by Sandisk

Steps I used.

1. Downloaded file from site (link from PESUNIVERSE Account.)

2. Extracted using unrar to WEPES.
Also tried unpacking to a regular folder then putting them in a new folder labelled WEPES

3. Used fat 32 usb stick - SanDisk, integral, others, (also tried formatting to exfat, then also tried formatting via the PS4)

4. Copied the extracted WEPES folder to the USB drive then safely removed it.

5. Switched PS4 on, then inserted USB stick into slot. (Also tried other slot. Also tried restarting the PS4 after inserting)

6. Go into game, apply live update, then create new data, then go over to edit.

I get the no image data found message.
Tried to import team regardless, but shows the same message again, then gives me a tutorial on how to import with a sample file. Says next time I need to have image files on my USB.

The PS4 recognises my Usb sticks and drives. Just the game.

Tried the option file from realalibahzad (classics) as well but no luck either.

I've been trying to get everyone to play PES instead of FIFA this year but they're not impressed with the lack licenses band are 'skeptics' as it is.

I've been telling them the option files are easy, no headaches, to download. -_-

I've tried two different PS4s as well.

Ps. The WEPES folder is the only one on the drive each time, as the main folder, with other subfolders extracted inside that.

Thanks for the link Mikhail.
I've tried Sandisk ultra fit. The little ones. USB 3.0

I'll get a SanDisk ultra and see if that works.

It's not worked on two different PS4s so I doubt the PS4 is the issue.

Has to be the usb stick...

Thanks for the link Mikhail.
I've tried Sandisk ultra fit. The little ones. USB 3.0

I'll get a SanDisk ultra and see if that works.

It's not worked on two different PS4s so I doubt the PS4 is the issue.

Has to be the usb stick...
You’re welcome mate let me know if you need help with installing the OF.

Ps. The WEPES folder is the only one on the drive each time, as the main folder, with other subfolders extracted inside that.
Did you try to follow any OF install clip on youtube? It must b something you are doing since you tried on two ps4's. Probably something simple

Back
Top Bottom