eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I'm preaching default since practically forever. The slider speed is just a clusterfuck and to me it always has been.

Agreed 100%

Ball physics become more floaty, player no longer have a free flowing movement and dont seem to react properly to get the ball. Game becomes dead in comparison.

Wish KONAMI dropped the speed a bit while maintainning the games quality

I keep switching from PA1 to Manual, back and forth.
Thats how the transition started with me, pal. I was switching to PA1 pissed off about inability to create chances and then on PA1 I was missing the freedom and kept thinking "look at his run.. if I was on manual I could pass into space there.."
So I was switching back after few games.
This back and forth switching lasted good few weeks and then one day I never looked back.. ;)

Are you guys playing games that incorporate Klash’s tactics or just the defaults? I’ve only played the former so far, but hopefully the teams are improved on default as well.
Since I played my first match with @klashman69 tactics, I just can’t go without em. It’s such a huge difference, imo.!!

And currently, I’m only playing EPL matches in exhibition with all teams “klashed” by myself via ingame editor (using the PDF).

Why would I ever play without them?! The game is totally different on how teams behave on the pitch without them... in a bad way! It’s just a lovely game when it all clicks...!! :)

#thisgamecanshine :LOVE:

Edit: oh come on @Chuny !! Keep playing manual. It ain’t that hard. It’s all about practice. I do pass the wrong way or f up counter attacks because I did something wrong while stringing passes... but: first it’s my fault, not AI I have to blame when it’s not working. Second: so much more opportunities! Third: it’s much more real as real life football produces a lot of error.

Please don’t give up!! It’s so rewarding when it works out. And while it ain’t... that’s life!!! Keep on practicing!! I’m begging ya!!!

Last edited:
Since I played my first match with @klashman69 tactics, I just can’t go without em. It’s such a huge difference, imo.!!

And currently, I’m only playing EPL matches in exhibition with all teams “klashed” by myself via ingame editor (using the PDF).

Why would I ever play without them?! The game is totally different on how teams behave on the pitch without them... in a bad way! It’s just a lovely game when it all clicks...!! :)

#thisgamecanshine :LOVE:

Edit: oh come on @Chuny !! Keep playing manual. It ain’t that hard. It’s all about practice. I do pass the wrong way or f up counter attacks because I did something wrong while stringing passes... but: first it’s my fault, not AI I have to blame when it’s not working. Second: so much more opportunities! Third: it’s much more real as real life football produces a lot of error.

Please don’t give up!! It’s so rewarding when it works out. And while it ain’t... that’s life!!! Keep on practicing!! I’m begging ya!!!

For the lazy ones like me: next friday new pesuniverse version will drop with Klashman tactics included.

Glad i wasnt going crazy, patch improved gameplay, no doubt. How sneaky can they be with all this so called transparancy.

I really have to tell myself to stop playing instead of stopping in the middle of a match out of frustration. That's got to say something?

Last edited:
This game is the GOAT i can't believe how good a time i'm having at every game. They got so much right this year.

Player stats are sliders tailored to improve your gameplay experience. Think the passing is too badly executed with your favorite assistance? Up the stat ! Think players are too weak on contacts? Up the stat !

Using the full scale and being more generous with stats has really made my games against the IA more realistic and enjoyable.

Liverpool with most their starting XI at 90+ ratings feels more like the real Liverpool and get ML results closer to their real life ones. Same with every team i tweaked.

For the lazy ones like me: next friday new pesuniverse version will drop with Klashman tactics included.

Glad i wasnt going crazy, patch improved gameplay, no doubt. How sneaky van they be with all this so called transparancy.

I really have to tell myself to stop playing instead of stopping in the middle of a match out of frustration. That's got
I don’t wanna „start a war“ here...
but I’m with you!!

I’m having the time of my life playing the current version!!

This game is the GOAT i can't believe how good a time i'm having at every game. They got so much right this year.

Player stats are sliders tailored to improve your gameplay experience. Think the passing is too badly executed with your favorite assistance? Up the stat ! Think players are too weak on contacts? Up the stat !

Using the full scale and being more generous with stats has really made my games against the IA more realistic and enjoyable.

Liverpool with most their starting XI at 90+ ratings feels more like the real Liverpool and get ML results closer to their real life ones. Same with every team i tweaked.

In my "Personal DB" i've got Mbappe for example 91, Firmino 88, Manè 89, Salah 91, Kantè 89, Sterling 88, De Bruyne 91,

I've just modified Ben Yedder at As Monaco, he still 84(right overall for me) but i increased Offensive Awerness at 89 and Finishing up to 88...he has scored 9 goals in 10 games in Ligue 1 so far.

Some of my players still keeping same Overall sometimes, but i've modified some stats as well

I'm still going on to modified as many as i can the players to see if i gonna get some benefit from this job(1305 players modified at the moment)

On the subject of stat increases, van dyke is so under powered at liverpool. His pace was in upper 70's last time I looked. The guy who chased down Son in the cl final and mbappe very France.

Indeed, according to the coaching staff at liverpool, over 40 yards, he and Gomez are faster than mane and Salah.
Who made those stats?? Konami are truly the Balotelli of football development. Moments of genius hidden in a sea of madness.

i actually decrease stats more than increase them actually.

when the classic content hits i just cant stand some of these decent players who are only seen as world class because there is a clear downfall in quality compared to previous generations.

It shows the difference between Ronaldo Luiz and say Mbappe who have the speed, skill, dribbling but Ronaldo could play with his back to goal which Mbappe cannot whatsoever.

In your opinion guys... What mode is more enjoyable and possibly less scripted.

League or Master league. For enjoyment and non scripted?

On the subject of stat increases, van dyke is so under powered at liverpool. His pace was in upper 70's last time I looked. The guy who chased down Son in the cl final and mbappe very France.

Indeed, according to the coaching staff at liverpool, over 40 yards, he and Gomez are faster than mane and Salah.
Who made those stats?? Konami are truly the Balotelli of football development. Moments of genius hidden in a sea of madness.

After 1329 players that i had modified until now i can tell you that there are a lot of player overrated, and a lot of stats that Konami givet at certain players which are unbelievable...

I saw "decent" defenders gets too high stats in Defensive Awerness and Marking

One more thing is that "JUMP" and "HEADING" as stats are affecting to much the Overall rating, sometimes more than "MARKING" and "DEFENCE AWERNESS" for DC

Football isn't any weaker than it was bro. Many legends would struggle in todays game because they lack athleticism for it. Now the floor for how versatile and good at everything a player needs to be is much higher. Football is so clearly at the highest level it's ever been and people need to put the nostalgia aside and actually watch full games from each decade of football. The world class teams right now would shred most best teams in history. And most legends had glaring holes for today's game. R9 at his peak would be worth 99 value like Messi in my OF though, arguably the highest peak in history with Messi. Mbappe is good but hes not a R9 level of talent.

But yeah decrease stats if that's what fits you better, personally i need higher stats to witness a football thats more realistic, the player engine is too dumb compared to irl players with lowish values.

Plus higher grades means ML have the starters starting games and scoring at realistic rates. Means you won't ditch X players because he's in a down arrow as well, you'll make do with him being a realistically worse self instead of that braindead donkey they normally turn to.

Same for most stats really like i have no idea why they rate in such reductive manner. Just cos Messi is rated like a winger he can't have world class passing stats. But he is the world's best passer with KDB and both dont have much to envy to the best passers in history. They should both get 97+ passing stats, seems normal you could pull most passes the game allows you to with those two.

It's still garbage. Updated it and now it's faster and the ball and players feel like they have no weight. They just can't get anything right. Oh and I still can't get a bloody foul when I should and you can forget penalties.

Rubbish.

to the guys changing stats :

- will there ever be some sort of downloadable file to change stats or we have to do it manually?

- there are 3 matchups I like to play : Spurs v Barca; Spurs vs Juve; Juve vs Barca

so what stats have you changed for the likes of Kane, Messi and CR7 that'll make me feel like I'm actually playing with Kane, Messi, CR7?

I want to playtest your changes over the weekend.

thanks

@sanji I am watching 2005/06 season currently. In my opinion, at the very top level it was stronger back then, individually. Tactics are moving forward, athleticism. But there were many more players with great skill in the past. We can even compare directly sometimes with early 2000s because some players are still active. Today more than ever people play until late 30s/early 40s and remain competetive at high level: Ibrahimovic, Buffon, Hilton, many others. Medicine and training methods probably have to do with it, but also the level decreased somewhat.

And if speaking about 80s/70s legends, it was a very different game back then. If they played today, they would also have the modern physical training. But then their outstanding qualities could probably get wiped out by this versatility stuff, so who knows... But today's youngsters in that football is questionable too, because they beat the shit out of you back then - on the field and even in the locker room sometimes. Stuff that's red card card now, was just a free kick in the 80s and then you had to wash the older players' uniforms... I dont know if Neymars and Dembeles would last long in that environment.

Football isn't any weaker than it was bro. Many legends would struggle in todays game because they lack athleticism for it. Now the floor for how versatile and good at everything a player needs to be is much higher. Football is so clearly at the highest level it's ever been and people need to put the nostalgia aside and actually watch full games from each decade of football. The world class teams right now would shred most best teams in history. And most legends had glaring holes for today's game. R9 at his peak would be worth 99 value like Messi in my OF though, arguably the highest peak in history with Messi. Mbappe is good but hes not a R9 level of talent.

In 2007 they changed the tackling laws which is why football is so much about physical power these days compared to the past where it was much more of an artform. That's being lost now. I love football history and this is quite clearly skills being lost such as marking and the way the game works these days is far too exploitative to allow players to reach the same levels as before. The game is now so much about money and money laundering at the top especially agents want a clean, sanitized game and really don't want their prized assets getting hacked down with a broken leg because of some bruiser psychopath like Vinny Jones used to be back when football was for the purists and was really about community vs community.

I take the Dortmund vs Inter game in the champions league last week. I watched that full game back, what shocked me is not jut how similar it was to PES 2020 in that there very few really cynical fouls at all. Both teams didn't jump in and look to hit the other side to breakup possession, Dortmund are a high press team but even they tried to tackle squeaky clean at all times. with the amount of diving you see these days the strict limits to the types of tackles you could do, so many teams really back off and are afraid to invite contact which an attacker can look to win free kicks or penalties if he dangles a leg. Hakimi the right back scored twice from just running in as an extra man unmarked since Dortmund where totally dominant in possession since inter unlike Serie A teams at their peak couldn't really go ugly, they where outclassed by a better team and had no answer to Dortmund and Jaydon Sancho who was awesome.

Back in the 60's When Catenaccio rose with Inter, coach Herrera was very strict on diet and fitness, it was crucial to how the team would work on and off the ball. This whole hype centering around athleticism and physicality from the media is just that, hype to keep you buying from these organizations. There has always been athletes in football, from its very conception, ripped, pumped to the brim full of legal and illegal substances. its just back in the peak eras of the game which was the late 90's early 00's, the tackling laws where less strict so out thinking your opponent and the true artform of the game shone above. It was so easy to take a player out, things like pure dribbling for example where very important factors to a players game, along with real craft of passing. I look at the Milan team in the early 00's and they would be able to kill you just through how incredible their passers where, there aren't teams that well rounded anymore, City aren't that, Liverpool are essentially a lunatic team who kill you with pressing, Jordan Henderson is a very bang average player but hes a serious horse in terms of physicality.

Anyway my friend before i ramble on, i know of someone from my childhood who became a international footballer for a major nation. He was absolute not some wonderkid or some incredible talent. He was just a physical monster at cross country. Another who had far better technique never made it due to his size, which shows how broken academies are these days. Its too much about fitness for me.

But yeah decrease stats if that's what fits you better, personally i need higher stats to witness a football thats more realistic, the player engine is too dumb compared to irl players with lowish values.

Plus higher grades means ML have the starters starting games and scoring at realistic rates. Means you won't ditch X players because he's in a down arrow as well, you'll make do with him being a realistically worse self instead of that braindead donkey they normally turn to.

Same for most stats really like i have no idea why they rate in such reductive manner. Just cos Messi is rated like a winger he can't have world class passing stats. But he is the world's best passer with KDB and both dont have much to envy to the best passers in history. They should both get 97+ passing stats, seems normal you could pull most passes the game allows you to with those two.

No problem. We all come from different places all over the world so we all think differently, so however you want to use stats if fine by me. Its all about making the best experience for us all.

I just really think the game is a mess in most aspects and has been for years. Financially its already eating itself as it is and some of the stuff which is happening in lower leagues is just showing Football needs a entire revamp financially.

It's still garbage. Updated it and now it's faster and the ball and players feel like they have no weight. They just can't get anything right. Oh and I still can't get a bloody foul when I should and you can forget penalties.

Rubbish.
yep. shockingly, the foul system is worse now! Its heavily biased against user controlled teams. ive won many pens that get called as free kicks for the goalie. The patch is a disaster

Rubbish.
Got another penalty just last night. :)
The AI was sliding and hacked me down.
Can’t moan about fouls. Having 3-5 for the AI on average and a lot of advantage from the ref. If I’d stopped touching the ball i bet it would be around 10 fouls a game (or more)!

Have a look how many times the ref is getting his arms up to signal advantage. It can get lost in the hectic. I think Konami found a nice middle ground of letting a game roll and having set pieces after foul play.

What helps a lot: don’t sprint that much!! LS dribble is your friend. :D
Plus: it’s helping with players stamina too. Win win situation. ...and all that just for playing football in a football videogame. Isn’t that nice?! :D

Im not saying the foul detection and collision system is perfect. Far from it! But fouls are there and for my understanding of football in perspective of a videogame, it’s absolutely ok!

Edit: and yes, I have matches where I wonder why the AI haven’t had any fouls, when I look at the stats at final whistle. But then again, I bet I took the advantage some times.

Last edited:
On superstar pa1 manual shooting and getting between 3 and 5 fouls per game not including any advantages which can be usually 2 or 3. I have just got my first penalty since the patch doing a step over and a mis timed standing tackle by the AI. Don't think I got one last patch. Fouls are there the best way to win them is timing when to shift the ball and the AI goes through you

Back
Top Bottom