eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

If I can understand the game's stat and trait system its possible I could try to perhaps recreate those classic players in Pes 2020.

So where the hell is @sanji and that other dude who edited over 1000 player stats?

I asked for stats for 2 players : CR7 and Messi and they could not give me even this to try out myself.

Pfffff.

I have played the better part of a season in ML on Top player and have encountered little to no scripting. I must add that I played ML on Professional until I had reached high TS and collected a decent amount of good players.

I have played the better part of a season in ML on Top player and have encountered little to no scripting. I must add that I played ML on Professional until I had reached high TS and collected a decent amount of good players.

That TS is doing something quite the wrong way. But I wouldn´t know how to make it any better.

I´m playing ML (Pescara, Serie B) on regular and AI is a tough nut to crack. Maybe it´s also the gameplay patch or my weak players along with the low TS, full manual and everything.

This game turned from "love that game" into "hate that game" from time to time cause of a few bullshit games.
But since I got above 65 - 70 with TS, it played better and got me back to "love that game" again :)

So, I have been giving PA1/Online Divisions a go. I got fed up with the horrible lag that you have to deal with when you search for PA0- users (since you at least have to have it set to "balanced" when you search to find someone) and decided to go PA1 since you can get (almost) lag free matches there (set to "require stable connection").

After about 15 matches I gotta say my impression is quite good.

Pros

* almost lag free 1v1 matches
* the good players shine through their stats.
* PA1 isn't that assisted which was my fear, when mixed up with some L2- passing it feels pretty realistic.
* I see more animations than I did with PA0, that might be related to the fact I can do more things with my player because of less lag buit it's nice anyway. Especially in shooting, long rangers are possible with good players.

Cons

* 80% of the time you face Liverpool and people trying to do the same thing over and over (get the ball as fast as possible to Mané/Salah/Firmino). It's quite easy to defend when you get the hang of it but it's a bit tiresome.
* It's obvious you face PA2-3 users from time to time, not that often as I feared though. But the combination PA3 + Liverpool, Jeebus, I just let go of the controller when I realize that is happening and let my opponent walk all over me. I can't understand how that gives someone enjyment but, hey, we are all different I guess.
* There are not much battles in midfield. Although players make more bad passes as they tire which is nice (as long as your opponent doesn't use PA2-3 of course).

So it's an OK experience. If they could make it PA0,5 it would be fantastic.
I'm in the exact same situation as you regarding going on a Online pilgrimage.

I used to, Especially since '19; Went on a devout manual commitment swearing blind it was THE only true way to access the nirvana of footballing simulation. I've been more flexible on stance this year with 2020 as passing seems a bit more balanced on PA1, I can make peace with it.

I still don't believe PA2 or PA3 offers any vaulue and really is no reason what so ever for it to exist. Even if you're a total newcomer to the sport of football, You could get practise with PA1 on lower difficulties.

I went back to online divisions with the real world teams. I've been enjoying it and have been very lucky to avoided PSG & Liverpool so far. This is the best online has been performance wise in the series history in my opinion.

But as many people know, I play a lot of retro PES & the thing that sticks out to me more than anything regarding 2020, Is the player switching & loose balls. Even post patch it's far from perfect.

On all of my retro sessions, I've never once said to my self, That player switching was unresponsive or switched to an inappropriate defender, Yet on 2020 and with the breakneck intensity of the game online in mind, I've never had more severe anxiety when defending a counter in my life - Because in the back of my mind, I'm dreading the game cycling between 2 defenders furthest away from the ball carrier than by the time I catch the player I want to control, The timing of intercepting or blocking a lane has gone & I end up conceding something I didn't truly get a fair chance of exercising my skill against.

Finally downloaded an option file, pes universe v3. Great that players have ankle tape! Makes such a difference having liverpool in correct kit. In game editor really doesnt compare.

Playing as palace at soton, at st Mary's, (burg stadium) in overcast conditions, it really was as close to a tv broadcast as I've seen.

I may not love it as much as I did pes 3 and 5 and hell even pes4 back in the day, but I think this is the best football game for me, ever. In absolute terms.

If they freed up passing and shooting, then the argument would be closed I think.

Also, soton beat me 4-0. My slight adjustment to flash's incredible tactics is to only allow wide defence for 352. This seems to keep the game nice and tight in the middle

I've also removed those silly deep def line and swarm box for most top leagues and rest of Europe (took about an hour) to keep from facing that nonsense in a ML...

Have to say, very impressed. Part of me wishes I was still 11 years old with all the time in the world to play the thing. (But then I'd be playing fifa I suppose...).

But as many people know, I play a lot of retro PES & the thing that sticks out to me more than anything regarding 2020, Is the player switching & loose balls. Even post patch it's far from perfect.

On all of my retro sessions, I've never once said to my self, That player switching was unresponsive or switched to an inappropriate defender, Yet on 2020 and with the breakneck intensity of the game online in mind, I've never had more severe anxiety when defending a counter in my life - Because in the back of my mind, I'm dreading the game cycling between 2 defenders furthest away from the ball carrier than by the time I catch the player I want to control, The timing of intercepting or blocking a lane has gone & I end up conceding something I didn't truly get a fair chance of exercising my skill against.

Preach brother! If this can be fixed the game would change quite drastically online.

Going back to the dribbling debate it's clear that the odd feint or stepover works now and again.

However when you're hurtling down the wing at 100mph and cut back to find the defender chasing you has already stepped into your path, or when you have a clear chance to shoot or cross but cut in or out suddenly only to find that your marker has mirrored your movement exactly. These things worked in previous games. There is no way that a defender would read your movement in these situations, not to mention being one step ahead. So I maintain that dribbling is insufferable, cheating bullshit.

Will post videos if needed, but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.

Finally downloaded an option file, pes universe v3. Great that players have ankle tape! Makes such a difference having liverpool in correct kit. In game editor really doesnt compare.

Playing as palace at soton, at st Mary's, (burg stadium) in overcast conditions, it really was as close to a tv broadcast as I've seen.

I may not love it as much as I did pes 3 and 5 and hell even pes4 back in the day, but I think this is the best football game for me, ever. In absolute terms.

If they freed up passing and shooting, then the argument would be closed I think.

Also, soton beat me 4-0. My slight adjustment to flash's incredible tactics is to only allow wide defence for 352. This seems to keep the game nice and tight in the middle

I've also removed those silly deep def line and swarm box for most top leagues and rest of Europe (took about an hour) to keep from facing that nonsense in a ML...

Have to say, very impressed. Part of me wishes I was still 11 years old with all the time in the world to play the thing. (But then I'd be playing fifa I suppose...).

What is this Deep Defensive line and swarm the box fix i keep reading about on here. Not sure if i have noticed any differences between teams in Spain L2 other than scripting/chapters.

Playing this console version at the office with mate. I feel there's slight different gameplay and/or game mechanic with pc version, lol. Is it because
1. I am playing offline vs human
2. I am playing on ps4 pro + 720p tv (yes.. i know)
3. There is a difference.

I dunno if it is ball physic which is less bobble, more weight. But we have many going ashtray passess. I believe my passing in pc bersion is not as bad as it is in console. :D

What is this Deep Defensive line and swarm the box fix i keep reading about on here. Not sure if i have noticed any differences between teams in Spain L2 other than scripting/chapters.

It's in the advanced tactics. It forces teams to drop deep and empty midfield...

They were great players because they were football heroes dedicated to the game and we only knew about them on the pitch. They were positive role models.

We are always looking for positive role models whatver age we are.

For me, if you need tattoos, slogans on shirts, fancy hair etc to show yourself it means you've switched the pitch for a catwalk, Can't blame them - shaped by modern tech photo / video opportunities.

Scholes, Asprilla, Owen, Cole, Berbatov, Davids, Nedved - a few examples of guys that came across as simple yet highly functional. I like that.

For modern times, Messi seems to be the only player I have utmost respect for. He has set the bar high. The only thing that beats Messi in the future is a humbler version of Messi. It ikely won;t happen which is why I think football that we have now in the CR7 and Messi era is possibly the best it will be and a game like PES 2020 is potentially a game I can come back to for a quick football fix for at least the next 10 years.
I had to make my impressions from live matches, sport show on saturday evening and newspapers. And that was it. The rest was talking to other people/kids.
So I could think of all that nostalgic feelings coming up today is partly due to our perception of football and HOW we soaked in the knowledge we have.
I don’t want to get philosophical here. ;)

I tend to say “back then... this and that was better” more and more the older i get. :LOL:

Playing this console version at the office with mate. I feel there's slight different gameplay and/or game mechanic with pc version, lol. Is it because
1. I am playing offline vs human
2. I am playing on ps4 pro + 720p tv (yes.. i know)
3. There is a difference.

I dunno if it is ball physic which is less bobble, more weight. But we have many going ashtray passess. I believe my passing in pc bersion is not as bad as it is in console. :D

I think its the tv. if i play the game on console on a differnt output resoltuion i notice a difference.

maybe an 8K 90in TV will help?

Talking about nostalgia. Yesterday i installed PesUniverse v3 and deemed this a good time to start a Master League with Nottingham Forest as Romario, random players.

Mind you, my last campain was in Winning Eleven 9 or before, so we are talking 2005 or 2006.

More then 10 years without ML and now i know why again. When i looked at the clock thinking it would be around 23:00, it was actually 1:30 in the night and i still couldnt resist to play 2 more games after that.

I am very tempted to write a loveletter about my experience yesterday, yett i want to spend the precious alone time to play some more. I will say one thing; this game is best enjoyed when you control a bunch of nobodies. Half a season and i have grown such an attachment to these fella's, especially my spanish 'rising star' Q. Arcas. Actually, i cant wait for my fans to nickname him 😳..

The randomness and unpredictability is just incredible in the Championship. Bad touches all over the place. Keepers much more humanlike. I wish i recorded some of the incredible things that happened. The sheer variation in goals, my god, from beauts to the most amazing scrummages. Which reminds me.. i'm off playing! Lets enjoy it while it last 🥰.

It's in the advanced tactics. It forces teams to drop deep and empty midfield...

Do you just turn off these advanced tactics or change to another advanced tactic.

Really enjoying this version of PES.
Playing 1v1 face to face a lot of fun.
ML has its ups and downs and some strange ''Chapters'' as someone else described it. I think you just have to accept those defeats and horrible games and move on. But by and large im finding the scripting is no where near as bad as 2019 . And it has the feeling that i could have done something better to stop the goal, well mostly anyway.
Not play any normal League or Cups but am really looking forward to see what the Euros International tournament is going to be like.

Do you just turn off these advanced tactics or change to another advanced tactic.

Really enjoying this version of PES.
Playing 1v1 face to face a lot of fun.
ML has its ups and downs and some strange ''Chapters'' as someone else described it. I think you just have to accept those defeats and horrible games and move on. But by and large im finding the scripting is no where near as bad as 2019 . And it has the feeling that i could have done something better to stop the goal, well mostly anyway.
Not play any normal League or Cups but am really looking forward to see what the Euros International tournament is going to be like.

Go through each team in league and turn them off.
The latest pes universe file has klashman tactics so the only major leagues they'd be left on for are French and half of serie a.
But most other leagues Portugal, denmark, Turkey etc many of their teams have them on.

I just went through french league and then the top two or three teams from other leagues, the ones o might meet in Europe and turned them off as they really ruin matches.

Good news is that klashman has done tactics for EVERY European club team in the game so option file v4 no doubt resolve this issue.

On a side note, the way pes universe set up the Bundesliga those games are really cramped in a good way. Klashman has his own set of tactics for Bundesliga but for now, the default set ups are creating some brilliantly tight games.

Talking about nostalgia. Yesterday i installed PesUniverse v3 and deemed this a good time to start a Master League with Nottingham Forest as Romario, random players.

Mind you, my last campain was in Winning Eleven 9 or before, so we are talking 2005 or 2006.

More then 10 years without ML and now i know why again. When i looked at the clock thinking it would be around 23:00, it was actually 1:30 in the night and i still couldnt resist to play 2 more games after that.

I am very tempted to write a loveletter about my experience yesterday, yett i want to spend the precious alone time to play some more. I will say one thing; this game is best enjoyed when you control a bunch of nobodies. Half a season and i have grown such an attachment to these fella's, especially my spanish 'rising star' Q. Arcas. Actually, i cant wait for my fans to nickname him 😳..

The randomness and unpredictability is just incredible in the Championship. Bad touches all over the place. Keepers much more humanlike. I wish i recorded some of the incredible things that happened. The sheer variation in goals, my god, from beauts to the most amazing scrummages. Which reminds me.. i'm off playing! Lets enjoy it while it last 🥰.

Do you get notification like can't not copy images for some teams with pesuniverse v3.. ? i wonder how to solve it..

That's good to hear.

I decided to start a ML with Spurs this evening and had 1 game against arsenal. The CPU pressure felt like the good ol script from 2018/19.

I'll probably try and keep replaying that match to see if its winnable but the distinction between that game in ML and exh mode is large - at least in exh mode I can actually get of my half and get a few decent chances.

If my attempts to win fail, I'll give the default line up a go based on your experience.

Hey guys. On ps4, recently deleted all edit data, image files etc...then applied live update and then pesuniverse 3.0 with both boxes ticked when applying teams etc.

How do i know for certain that ive applied it right and that Klashmans tactics are working,??? Noticed the epl teams didnt have the fluid formation and offside set to auto on for all teams. Does that mean Klashman tactics arent on?? Or do i need to turn live update off before each game.???

Hey guys. On ps4, recently deleted all edit data, image files etc...then applied live update and then pesuniverse 3.0 with both boxes ticked when applying teams etc.

How do i know for certain that ive applied it right and that Klashmans tactics are working,??? Noticed the epl teams didnt have the fluid formation and offside set to auto on for all teams. Does that mean Klashman tactics arent on?? Or do i need to turn live update off before each game.???

If it's just a friendly match, than i think, you have to turn live update always off

i agree, the brazilian league is great as well cos u have one or two superstars and then theres a massive difference between the rest of your team mates

just make sure you tick both boxes and tactics will be installed, which are only for english and spanish D1 teams, if you want to be 110% sure take a photo of the tactics of any team take arsenal for example and u should see the before and after and its very obvious too

Back
Top Bottom