eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I prefer last version, after 6 games on the bounce fouls seem to have been reduced down to the physicality being lowered and everything seems a bit quicker and lighter. To be fair this was the one I should have been worried about as it is when myclub goes free to all
I wouldnt say its all faster, Ground passes seem faster but high pass and shooting has been slowed down. Some really slow lofted balls in now as well. Looks great.
It's increased slightly I went to - 1 as it felt so quick but if the physicality and fouls are toned down which they appeared to be you get that end to end feeling which also makes it seem faster

It's increased slightly I went to - 1 as it felt so quick but if the physicality and fouls are toned down which they appeared to be you get that end to end feeling which also makes it seem faster
I thought the physicality has went up a notch with this patch as im finding players shielding the ball more aggressively and loads of jostling going on. Much more like the demo. Not noticed fouls been toned down will look out for that. We are never going to get a strict ref though to many were greeting at the demo.

When spreading the own DNA should be the way (imo), they try to copy...
Minor, but it fits the picture.

Anyway. Got some transfers to coordinate... hell this can be a tough thing. :)

Edit: the lowered shot speed automatically adds more weight! Feels better!! 👍

Last edited:
I thought the physicality has went up a notch with this patch as im finding players shielding the ball more aggressively and loads of jostling going on. Much more like the demo. Not noticed fouls been toned down will look out for that. We are never going to get a strict ref though to many were greeting at the demo.
In 7 games I've not had more than 3 fouls, back to version 1 and I get 7 in my first game.

So KONAMI haven't managed to improve Master League for a whole decade and you expect them to do it in an update 4 months after the game has been released? That's... optimistic.

first pes in a long time where the on-the-pitch gameplay is decent-to-good in exh mode before Xmas.....

first pes where they've pretty much killed off myclub by selling team packs....

yeh its optimistic cos of the bad history but tbh its an expectation - as osmeone poited out earlier ML is not what is was advertised as.

so i ask they rectify their mistakes.

Downloaded the update. Cant see much improvement. CPU is still very linear.
Well, afaik you have some bad history with the game. That doesn’t stop me from asking. :)
The latest update did good to the AI. Have you played it?
On your comment: can you please explain that in detail?! The differences over the latest version are clear to see/feel, imo!
Thanks, please send me your full game videos so i can learn how to play a football game. Cheers.

(no wonder this game is a mess)
Have a look at my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqbjOEA9dDyGO_-KcqZ94IQ
Sorry I got back to you so lately. Must have missed your comment.

Last edited:
Just a question I have installed pes universe v3, to get klashman tactics I would have to put live update off is that right Because when it's off I see the fluid formation on

Just a question I have installed pes universe v3, to get klashman tactics I would have to put live update off is that right Because when it's off I see the fluid formation on
Yes you need it off, for your team though I'd disable fluid and just have the AI with it on

I've just read the last 5/6 pages and I got hyped, I think its time to buy PES20 again, I was extremely disappointed with the first patches but now seems worth playing again.

Yes. Just forget about my created Haaland. I can find the official Haaland (Konami) in every separate save i have from datapacks 1.0 and 2.0.
Interesting. I think it has to do with the edit data versus system data issue, same as the free agents. An ML file won't be infiltrated by a squad update, but the data packs change system data, as we know from the free agents situation. I think that was always the case - if a new kit is added, or scanned face or whatever, that has always been reflected in existing ML, right? When there is a datapack, it adds new players regardless of whether you do a squad update, I noticed that a long time ago. So, just like in the case of scanned faces and stuff, these players are in ML, I guess because they are part of the data pack, not live update (which affects edit data). Maybe we didnt notice before, but Haaland brought this to light. Even when you apply a new kit manually, it then shows up in ML btw, although "edit data"-related stuff like markings won't apply to existing save I believe. This makes sense to me. But there are still things that don't - like how do they get duplicate players and clubs in AFC to not be part of ML.

I really hope selling team packs is some sort of exit plan and the last move they do before next year when they will completely remove Myclub and go back to a no pay to win mode like online master league.
featured player was the one first killed myclub
I had a big laugh when I first time saw this sh*t and I never understand why they designed this sh*t
wtf konami you were destroying the mode yourself LMAO
they introduced myclub and then destroyed themselves within a few years
myclub is now a such boring mode, content are boring and repetitive every week
everyone got full black ball team after 1,2 weeks when launched
and it didn't even take some money to make it happen, just so easy and become boring quickly

Interesting. I think it has to do with the edit data versus system data issue, same as the free agents. An ML file won't be infiltrated by a squad update, but the data packs change system data, as we know from the free agents situation. I think that was always the case - if a new kit is added, or scanned face or whatever, that has always been reflected in existing ML, right? When there is a datapack, it adds new players regardless of whether you do a squad update, I noticed that a long time ago. So, just like in the case of scanned faces and stuff, these players are in ML, I guess because they are part of the data pack, not live update (which affects edit data). Maybe we didnt notice before, but Haaland brought this to light. Even when you apply a new kit manually, it then shows up in ML btw, although "edit data"-related stuff like markings won't apply to existing save I believe. This makes sense to me. But there are still things that don't - like how do they get duplicate players and clubs in AFC to not be part of ML.
About Haaland it was not big deal, cause he was a dedired player. The only bad effects are that, until now i thought ML database is armoured from datapacks, that he started as 19 years old while i am in 2022 (for one player is ok, if it happens to a bunch of players, it is a reason to restart ML).), and that someone on Konami possibly forgot the "Live update flag" on him, although he has gameplan thumbnail and cannot be reverted to default ( seame happened last year with Maxi Rodroguez).
As fory duplicate Haaland, i will edit my created one to a fictional one and problem solver. He has different stats either way as i created him based on PSD. The irony here, i used to find PSD build OP for a 19yo newcomer, but Konami gave a more OP stats build!!

It may also be a case that he is a NT/others player. Until now there are two types of "free" players in ML. Those who used to play for a club and removed, who appear as "free agents" and those who Don't play in a club , but Play for a NT team , who appear as "others" and behave like they play for an invisible club, you can't sign them only with salary budget, but you cant either trade a player to reduce the cost.Maybe these "others" behave differently after DP updates.

featured player was the one first killed myclub
I had a big laugh when I first time saw this sh*t and I never understand why they designed this sh*t
wtf konami you were destroying the mode yourself LMAO
they introduced myclub and then destroyed themselves within a few years
myclub is now a such boring mode, content are boring and repetitive every week
everyone got full black ball team after 1,2 weeks when launched
and it didn't even take some money to make it happen, just so easy and become boring quickly
They just copy-pasted the FuT system with InForm players, but the implementation was realky wronflg for different reasons. Like the amount and economy of player card in FuT is specific, it works like a market with shares, while in myClub it is totally free, EG it is possible that everybody can have a Messi card in MC, while in FuT the cards have a limit in MC they are infinite. Also in FUt the IF players have some boosts and traits here and there, while in MC it is half-baked and rushed, luke they create the feat players in PSone PES 1 edit mode: " ok lets pump Ziyech + 5 to everything and throw him at the mode", resulting to a 95 OPR Featured Ziyech last year (the milestone). In other words they went "what does EA do and FUT brings the money???" and from all staff EA does to FUT they choosed to copy the most easy feature. But even this they copied it blatantly, without taking in mind both games parameters, and to make it work decently in MC.
If konami was interested in this feature, they could just take a player, lets say Messi EG, he is a RWF /creative playmaker/ with 9 special skills.This week he plays a good match as a SS or AMF and lets assume he score some tricky goal with rabona. You create a Messi with a new position RWF/SS/ whatever, you assign him the play style that matches the games he inspired you to make him Features , IE holeplayer, you give him the special skill rabona (if he has already 10, you replace one, or reform your database so he can have 11 traits as a feature , you pumo up +1 or +2 to some key stats that defined the game he did well, IE he made 3 good burst sprints = +2 explosiveness, +1 to his form, as he was considered in form to become a featured player etc etc and Boooom, you have a featured player! !!!! But this requires will to work and love and passion for your product.
Instead of this KONAMI chooses the lazy-easy way : "ok, openup database editor, basecopy a Messi, boost him +5 all stats, decrease defensive prowess and ball winning so people cant blame us that we do halfarsed job, give him a new colorful and fanky thumbnail and Kaboooooomm....you have konamis halfarsed featured players.

Last edited:
I still think they should really go back to Online Master League. In 3 years it was much more interesting than the whole 6 years Myclub has been in Pes.

It also had the advantage you could exactly choose the players you wanted, not this random spin the balls crap.
Also, a transfer market would be really cool. Buying players at lower price, then players being boosted in abilities and market value based on real life performance and then you could sell them for a profit. Combining that with actually meaningful tournaments would make the mode much more exciting.

Transfer market is really important yet it's missing in Myclub because they want to lock best players behind coins and microtransactions. If you think about it people like to shit on FUT but Myclub is actually much worse since you don't have no chance to choose which player you want in your team.

I still think they should really go back to Online Master League. In 3 years it was much more interesting than the whole 6 years Myclub has been in Pes.

It also had the advantage you could exactly choose the players you wanted, not this random spin the balls crap.
Also, a transfer market would be really cool. Buying players at lower price, then players being boosted in abilities and market value based on real life performance and then you could sell them for a profit. Combining that with actually meaningful tournaments would make the mode much more exciting.

Transfer market is really important yet it's missing in Myclub because they want to lock best players behind coins and microtransactions. If you think about it people like to shit on FUT but Myclub is actually much worse since you don't have no chance to choose which player you want in your team.
MLO had some type of profit. Your player had a value dependent on how much users had him. But didn't worked so well.
As for the teams in 2011 MLO, almost 90% had identical rosters, Ibrahimovic, Messi/Ronaldo, Arshavin, Robben , Sanchez etc,etc and a bench of MLO defaults ( this was due to stamina had no effect, to be fair).
On 2013 MLO for some reason every 4/5 opponents had some cheasy rostets with low rated players and 3 FWs , 2 WFs -M. Bastos & Neymar and CF Ibrahimovic.
I dont argue that MLO was more innocent than MC, but it was exploited and spammed more from players.

I think this is one of the best PES pages on twitter, those guys made a 100+ page with suggestions, Adam saw and liked it, I know he's not reliable but AT LEAST looks like they are aware of what the community wants.

I just couldn’t stop playing this whole Sunday. And when I usually play the lower teams vs. other lower teams or try to beat a high rated team with a weak one, im beginning to feel joy again playing some good teams in 2020. Played Atlético vs. Barca and Real. What fun. Then I played Tottenham vs. Arsenal, City and Liverpool. Those were fun as well.
The good teams bring another arsenal of weapons to the pitch. So many awesome situations possible and that with the newly patched aspects of the game... :LOVE:
This game really is enjoyable right now, imo.
The patches did good and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future.

have a good night y’all!

Last edited:
Im loving the increased weight of the game now.. players seem more solid and the ball seems heavier.. in a good way (not that either was an issue before).

But i will say, although not a game breaker, or a deterrant from playing full manual shooting, but the claims that r2 finesse shooting in full manual has been fixed (says this on patch notes, and has been verified by a few peeps on here), is certainly false.

Is it better than in 2019, yes.. but its was like this in the vanilla version of 2020. Its better yes, but has certainly not improved over previous patches. I spent a good 20+ minutes using Salah, Messi etc, in free training mode, trying the r2 finesse shot aiming for far post from around the edge of the box. And.. its the same as before. When on target, no where near as much curl as when using basic shooting. And it only seems to produce a good amount of curl/spin, when the shot is way way wide.. ie. you aim.. it goes quite a bit wider than where you were actually aiming via the L2 arrow (while obviously pressing the R2 finesse button at the same time). Initially i was thinking, the r2 just doesnt work whilst also pressing the L2 aimier.... but no.. it behaves the same. I made a video the other day, and will attach it here at the end of the day. You'll see the difference between: r2 finesse on full manual shooting (pretty much ineffective), which konami says they fixed, vs. basic shooting (works very well, and the curl looks amazing). My thoughts are that Konami were going to fix it, but forgot to.. and then forgot to delete it from the new patch notes..

Anyways, the video i post will make more sense.

Im loving the increased weight of the game now.. players seem more solid and the ball seems heavier.. in a good way (not that either was an issue before).

But i will say, although not a game breaker, or a deterrant from playing full manual shooting, but the claims that r2 finesse shooting in full manual has been fixed (says this on patch notes, and has been verified by a few peeps on here), is certainly false.

Is it better than in 2019, yes.. but its was like this in the vanilla version of 2020. Its better yes, but has certainly not improved over previous patches. I spent a good 20+ minutes using Salah, Messi etc, in free training mode, trying the r2 finesse shot aiming for far post from around the edge of the box. And.. its the same as before. When on target, no where near as much curl as when using basic shooting. And it only seems to produce a good amount of curl/spin, when the shot is way way wide.. ie. you aim.. it goes quite a bit wider than where you were actually aiming via the L2 arrow (while obviously pressing the R2 finesse button at the same time). Initially i was thinking, the r2 just doesnt work whilst also pressing the L2 aimier.... but no.. it behaves the same. I made a video the other day, and will attach it here at the end of the day. You'll see the difference between: r2 finesse on full manual shooting (pretty much ineffective), which konami says they fixed, vs. basic shooting (works very well, and the curl looks amazing). My thoughts are that Konami were going to fix it, but forgot to.. and then forgot to delete it from the new patch notes..

Anyways, the video i post will make more sense.
Agree. R2 shots need fixing. Noticed the same when curling wide.
Wished they can fix that and we had more curl when on taget.

On the other side: overall, the shots are so weighty and nice now. :)

Here is a clip showing that manual shoot r2 Finesse/curling shot is still broken (despite being noted as fixed in latest patch notes). Here I show r2 finesse with full manual shoot (used first) vs. basic (used 2nd):

I’m not feeling DP3 at all. Game is faster now, even less fouls than usual too.

I don’t know how anyone can play this so much, it’s just not exciting at all - there’s nothing to do.
The AI plays better but I'm with you on the fouls one game against a European team on top player I had 4 which is the most I've had but I've a had a few premier league games with 1 or even zero, it's all a bit flat. I I preferred the earlier patches where you battled for every ball

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom