eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I often just pass the ball with x into the box at full strength, especially when near the endline, there is usually some lift in that ball, even high enough to head it in.

Yeah I noticed that difference in this year's game. I might try it more.

A beautiful draw tonight when I played A. Madrid vs. Milan. A lot of chances on my side wich all were kinda unique and nice to look at. Milan played to many high balls but other than that, it played well.
2:4 fouls. 1 yellow card.
Still it can play so nice. I’m pretty confident now that I’m playing this the most, compared to all other PES on PS4. :)
When is the euro update coming again?

Had my 3rd penalty tonight. Let Fred take it and he skied it lol

So in my fixed cursor ML save, I've noticed some issues defending against the 442. My backline just doesn't like being up against 2 CFs and will retreat perpetually. And this is even with auto offside trap on and defensive line at max height. I have to manually keep them from dropping and conceding too much space.

It was so bad, at one point, Martial lost the ball at the top the box and I realized that Lindelof and Maguire were still sitting with the opposition CFs at the top of my own box.

The backline drops off too quickly and pushes up too slowly when dealing with 2 CFs.

So I'm curious to see how a back 3 deals with 2 CFs.

I keep going back and forth in Online divisions between PA0 and PA1 and nothing really makes me happy, a PA0,5 and this crap would be pretty good tbh. A well, there is always next year...

Also, shooting, on Basic I seem to hit the post or shoot just above or on the side of the goal ALL THE TIME when trying long rangers, regardless of the player I'm shooting with! Is this a bug or is it possible to score some way outside of the box?!

And I can't say I see much difference on manual either. No wonder everybody tries to pass the ball to the attacker in the box all the time, all else feels fruitless...

So I've decided to sign Alaba, Hamsik, and some Brazilian winger. Why? Because their team roles man that when they're captain my team spirit will be almost 90.

It's dumb that I have to do this but, if it means I actually can enjoy top player then so be it.

Edit: Lars Bender is a Bandiera? Yes please I'll take him too

Edit 2: With Alaba as captain and Bender and Everton (the Brazilian winger) in the team, my team spirit is sitting at 96. That hasn't all of a sudden fixed all the issues with the AI (the AI still makes terrible decisions, struggles with the most basic things from time to time, and player switching is just so bad) but it does look like my teammates are more active. Pogba's certainly getting into the box more. Rashford's still doing absolutely nothing though and it's frustrating me. I can't figure out how to get him into scoring positions.

Who knows if I'll even still be playing long enough to figure it out.

Last edited:
How to import players from MyClub into Master League ? Is it possible ?
Assuming that you do not mean by OF, you go to ML, far right option, "SYSTEM" , it has the option import players from MyClub. But be carefull, it imports mandatory every Legend you have in MyClub you cannot choose who to skip and who to import.

Check this:

Assuming that you do not mean by OF, you go to ML, far right option, "SYSTEM" , it has the option import players from MyClub. But be carefull, it imports mandatory every Legend you have in MyClub you cannot choose who to skip and who to import.
After that import the same player will be available on both squads (MyClub and Master League) or not ?

Last edited:
After that import the same player will be available on both squads (MyClub and Master League )or not ?
Yes, he just imports as a free agent in ML, but stays with MC squad also. And you can import ONE TIME ONLY in ONE SAVE but infinite times per different saves.

EXAMPLE: Let's say you have 10 different ML saves (maximum in PS4). You can import your legends 10 times, if we assume you have , Beckhamn, Ronaldinho, Kahn, all 3 of them, one time in each separate save. If you keep deleting and restarting new fresh save, you can import your legends group for ever in every new save. Only limitation is JUST once per SAVE. In every new save you can for ONE time import your "3 legends" from the example above.

I hope the explanation is not confusing.

Yes, he just imports as a free agent in ML, but stays with MC squad also. And you can import ONE TIME ONLY in ONE SAVE but infinite times per different saves.

EXAMPLE: Let's say you have 10 different ML saves (maximum in PS4). You can import your legends 10 times, if we assume you have , Beckhamn, Ronaldinho, Kahn, all 3 of them, one time in each separate save. If you keep deleting and restarting new fresh save, you can import your legends group for ever in every new save. Only limitation is JUST once per SAVE. In every new save you can for ONE time import your "3 legends" from the example above.

I hope the explanation is not confusing.
It’s not!! The game code is!! ;)
So there is a ML save limit as well... oh boy... all these limitations... really holding the game back.
Imagine if... ah, forget it. Why do harm to my soul?! :)

So there is a ML save limit as well... oh boy... all these limitations... really holding the game back.
Sure limitations are frustrating, but to be honest, i do not think that someone needs more than 10 saves to be honest. The common mortals at least. I.E. i personally usually keep 5 slots, 1st is for my current ML running, 2nd , 3rd hold saves of saves from previous datapacks, for editing purposes. 4th usually is the latest datapack if my save is from a previous one and the last one slot, i use it to back up from time to time, my main 1st Save, cause overwrite accidents can happen, when using multiple saves.

What is really an extra annoying limitation, is that the SAVE slots, do not have any info except for the last date of save. The PES saves in ps2 era had useful info like team, settings etc. But i think this is more a problem that PES uses the basic PS4 UI for save/load menu, in contrast to other games that use their own interface for saves.

Sure limitations are frustrating, but to be honest, i do not think that someone needs more than 10 saves to be honest. The common mortals at least. I.E. i personally usually keep 5 slots, 1st is for my current ML running, 2nd , 3rd hold saves of saves from previous datapacks, for editing purposes. 4th usually is the latest datapack if my save is from a previous one and the last one slot, i use it to back up from time to time, my main 1st Save, cause overwrite accidents can happen, when using multiple saves.

What is really an extra annoying limitation, is that the SAVE slots, do not have any info except for the last date of save. The PES saves in ps2 era had useful info like team, settings etc. But i think this is more a problem that PES uses the basic PS4 UI for save/load menu, in contrast to other games that use their own interface for saves.
Fair!
So let’s switch 3 formation slots for 10 ML save slots!! :BY:

For me personally, all the flaws and bad take overs from the past can’t be fixed! It’s down in the roots of the game, imo.
I put all my hope and faith into the new generation of sport video games. 2022 on PS5!
I wanted to express my opinion about the future and what’s needed (we have a thread for that) to make it a success but I couldn’t find time and mood till now.
Be sure I’ll let you guys know what I think regarding that topic soon.

Edit: and let me get out one thing I’m pretty sure of right now.
If they take over the core game to the next generation (as they did before), we are all doomed for some time! There will be no evolution then but only fine tuning and polishing (while supposedly wracking other parts) like before.

Yes, I’m still a positive person all the way! :D

Last edited:
Fair!
So let’s switch 3 formation slots for 10 ML save slots!! :BY:

For me personally, all the flaws and bad take overs from the past can’t be fixed! It’s down in the roots of the game, imo.
I put all my hope and faith into the new generation of sport video games. 2022 on PS5!
I wanted to express my opinion about the future and what’s needed (we have a thread for that) to make it a success but I couldn’t find time and mood till now.
Be sure I’ll let you guys know what I think regarding that topic soon.

Edit: and let me get out one thing I’m pretty sure of right now.
If they take over the core game to the next generation (as they did before), we are all doomed for some time! There will be no evolution then but only fine tuning and polishing (while supposedly wracking other parts) like before.

Correction-correction. I made mistake. Five (05) are the available ML slots on ps4!!! :D

Attachments

• 20200115_213856.jpg
    20200115_213856.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12

I just.....wanna be able to name it saves lol

and let me get out one thing I’m pretty sure of right now.

I agree. I respect the positivity and in some regards I share it. I want PES to be good. For everyone.

Currently I'm in a place where the current evolution of the game is not tailored to the experience that I want from it. And it's a shame really. And it's frustrating.

Last edited:
This assist here makes me think I might actually be figuring out how I want my team to play:

Bonus from the same match. The keeper wasn't at his best for 2 of the goals he conceded, but did everything he could to keep my free kick out:

Second bonus. Idk watching the ball float into the top corner was rather satisfying:

I think professional is gonna be the way to go for me. Next time I play a big team, I'll play defensive to see if that makes the match play out the way I feel it should against a bigger side.

I´ve been playing manual passing on Pro, and I enjoy the level of challenge and balance it brings. Thing is, now I´m getting used to it, I usually dominate "easier" matehes, but I struggle to score. Like there´s an invisible barrier that prevents the ball from going in... Seriously, it´s really bad on some matches. I have like 14 atempts, 10 on target, some really clear ones, but no goal... ball hits someone, misses the target or hits the post. Really love PRO but some games are really frustrating because of this. It really looks like Rodchenko used to say, PRO level seems to have some sort of heavier scripting to compensate the relax that this level offers. Maybe it´s just me or the basic shooting deciding the outcome. Still love it though...

The effect of the camera setting on the pace of the game is interesting.

I use the stadium cam on 0,10,1 and on some stadiums I have to switch to dynamic cam.
With dynamic cam, pace is clearly faster than on stadium cam.

Started another international cup as England superstar fuma..won my opening game 3-1 against Bolivia , missed a penalty which I thought was soft but this was denied a penalty late in the game.. I was fuming

Had a few of those myself, Hitmanuk. At the other end of the scale well timed challenges like this are deemed as a foul.

The collision system needs tweaking especially in the box where the ref is so reluctant to give anything. I remember in 2018 the dive button worked for a bit until a patch wiped it out. There's loads of occasions where I've been fouled and then dived even during advantage and you get booked everytime. I just don't see the point in having the function

I think my stint in ML playing exclusively on Legendary difficulty has somewhat prepared me for myClub. I'm not a great player but i found playing against human opponent is more predictable than playing against AI. I also don't mind facing player with squad that dwarf mine in Team Strength because the game is totally skill-based and pretty balanced. Honestly the online mode of this game has improved tremendously this year. I wish there's more people playing it.

The effect of the camera setting on the pace of the game is interesting.

I use the stadium cam on 0,10,1 and on some stadiums I have to switch to dynamic cam.
With dynamic cam, pace is clearly faster than on stadium cam.

It is interesting. I've used -2 game speed with the player cam for a while. Ended up watching a bit of a match with the stadium cam and the same -2 I was used to and played fine looked like it was in slow motion with the current camera.

The collision system needs tweaking especially in the box where the ref is so reluctant to give anything. I remember in 2018 the dive button worked for a bit until a patch wiped it out. There's loads of occasions where I've been fouled and then dived even during advantage and you get booked everytime. I just don't see the point in having the function

I don't think I've ever seen a successful dive, either by me or the AI. I agree about collisions and fouls in general; it's frustrating begging hacked down from behind and having the ref not hand out a card.

I've never thought of diving after the ref has given advantage that's actually a decent idea. Too bad it doesn't work.

Has anyone got a option file with all the my club legends copied into the classic euro and world teams?

If not can anyone make one for just those two team?

Back
Top Bottom