eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I haven’t let my game go online for a few weeks because I was pretty happy with how the game was playing with 103.02. is there any gameplay changes since then?

I modified more than 2300 player's stats so far...and i saw a lot of stats for normal players wich are really too high and exaggerated

I post you an example
Physical Contact93
Defensive Awareness84
Ball Winning86
Aggression82

No, it's not a CB from 5 stars teams...but simply Sebastian Prödl from Watford

I mean that in this game, a lot of normal players are massively overrated...seems to be sometimes that Konami give them a stats like Superheroes...what a shame...

Nothing wrong with those stats.

I didn't try the game yet...but for sure i decrease a lot of CB stats for "normal players" and increase for some Top Players...it's really weird to see those stats on certain players...i was surprise to see a lot of CB with several high stats especially in defense...

With GK i've tried to decrease "Jump" to avoid to see them fly like Superman...and then try to decrease for a lot of them even "Coverage"...i kept Top Players with high stats...i started from the Top(like Alisson) and then go down...like a scale of value

In my Database only less than 40 GK have 80 Overall or more...

What i could see until now is that:

1) GK stats are too high for a lot of them

2) CB stats(see above)...and especially "Heading" and "Jump" make the difference about their Overall(also Speed, Physical Contact and Stamina but a bit less)...that's why most of the time you see Prodl or Mustafi being like Van Dijk or Ramos...and more you go up with the level in the game, and more you can see them "unbeatable"...

Obviously if you are on level "CHAMPION" and they have 86 in ball recovery...at the final level this 86 goes up...maybe they can stay around 93-94...even if you can't see that, but it's working like that...that's why you can see CB really precise and clear on tackle, and you are struggling to get foul in this game...

Dude...like seriously?

i think it was you and some dude called Sanj a few weeks ago telling us how you changed the stats.

I asked an example for 2 players modified stats : CR7 and Messi so I could check how they played and there was silence.

Now you're saying you modded 2300 sets of stats but you haven't played the game with these yet...

What the heck?!

Anyways - if you'd be kind enough to drop your modded stats for those two players at least then maybe we could playtest some of your stats and improve this game?

Thanks

hmm.. new patch just seen 1.07 :)… installing now :)

Weird.. im now not sure if this is new or the old one..but ive been playing for a few weeks now.. auto update/internet always connected... and im sure I had latest patch/data pack.. then all of a sudden when I started yesterday, I get the downloading update message.. 1.07 im sure I saw...This was yesterday... so I assumed it was new..
My PES2020 home screen shows:
version 1.03.01 and datapack 3.01... weird stuff.. Anyone else prompted an update yesterday???

In terms of gameplay.. just seems slower heavier etc.. and slight increase of cpu error and variation. Also noticed more mishits from me and the cpu. But hey.. haven't played it enough to really pin point this.. just initial impressions have been great. Will play more today :)

Either I never noticed it that much or the ML scripting this year is very strong.

I´m on 20 mins, professional, full manual, klashmans tactics, game speed -1.
I´m in my 3rd ML season and the scripting is frustrating and annoys the hell out of me.

Players often feel sluggish and slower and whenever I score, AI equalizes right away with goals, where I literally can´t do nothing.
No matter whether I man mark their strikers with a couple of defenders, parking the bus....it just happens.

What I did now is, going one difficulty level down.
Games are a bit too easy...I try compensating it with no man marking and hardly any tactical defending settings...no special corner kick setting etc.

These games are much better though. Seems like the scripting is gone, a lot more freedom on the pitch and knockout matches (EL in my case) still seem pretty challening though.
1st leg against CSKA MOSKVA was quite tough and it ended 1:1.
I really tried to win this one, but didn´t happen.
2nd leg is 5:2 for me.
Yeah...a lot more matches with high score lines, but I rather take that instead of those scripted bs matches.

If ML just wouldn´t have that frustrating scripts! This game could be so much better!

Dude...like seriously?

i think it was you and some dude called Sanj a few weeks ago telling us how you changed the stats.

I asked an example for 2 players modified stats : CR7 and Messi so I could check how they played and there was silence.

Now you're saying you modded 2300 sets of stats but you haven't played the game with these yet...

What the heck?!

Anyways - if you'd be kind enough to drop your modded stats for those two players at least then maybe we could playtest some of your stats and improve this game?

Thanks

I know pal, but i have a life too like everyone here...i stop to modify the stats weeks ago because of my job...i'll post some example here...don't worry...

I know pal, but i have a life too like everyone here...i stop to modify the stats weeks ago because of my job...i'll post some example here...don't worry...

mate i left my job in 2015 to play myclub. drop us some stats.

(personal request for harry kane, messi and cr7 pls as i played a few spurs barca juve games before so it'll be something to compare to)

by the way...

Could it be that KONAMI isn´t capable of programming the offside rule properly or am I mistaken by the rules?

This year, I have it so often that I get called for being offside, even the player being offside never touched the ball.

by the way...

Could it be that KONAMI isn´t capable of programming the offside rule properly or am I mistaken by the rules?

This year, I have it so often that I get called for being offside, even the player being offside never touched the ball.

It is because the rail the off side player is already on to goes to the ball. You don't need to have a magic ball to predict future when you have rails.
:FISH:

:SHOCK:
that's a bit crazy imo, but whatever floats your boat my friend.. still 10k players to go

jk man, please let us know whenever you get to play the game and how different it behaves

I honestly hate OVR ratings, i wish there was an option to either see OVR and Hexagon or only either or
it shouldn't be that complicated, is it?

I pay less attention to overalls because of how little sense I think that make. So now when I search for players, I search by a few specific attributes for what I want for a given position.

Basically the way I do things in football manager lol

In terms of gameplay.. just seems slower heavier etc.. and slight increase of cpu error and variation. Also noticed more mishits from me and the cpu. But hey.. haven't played it enough to really pin point this.. just initial impressions have been great. Will play more today :)

I genuinely think the mishits are my favorite thing in this game. I like that injection of sloppiness. Makes it look a bit more like real life.

The game definitely feels weighty though I agree

PES related.

Five of the Best: Character Creators
Lip service.
Five of the Best is a weekly series about the parts of games we overlook. We've discussed a diverse bunch: crowds, hubs, potions, mountains, hands... They're the things we take for granted while we play but then, years later, find lodged in our brains. It's only then we begin to appreciate how important they were. So let's celebrate them.

Today...

Character creators! How long do you spend in them? Do you pick a premade face and just breeze through? Do you pick a template, tinker a bit and then settle? Or do you adjust absolutely everything, take all evening and it still doesn't look right? I feel your pain.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-01-23-five-of-the-best-character-creators

;) had to research that term.

Anyway. I meant it in regards to the advantage/rails comment you made.
It was a serious question.

Sorry I was trying to make a joke about the game, but I have a poor joke strategy. I make one funny joke out of thousand, so I need to do a lot of joke to finally manage to do a funny one.
Regarding the rails, I don't know what to think. The game even in full manual certainly doesn't feel completely free to me.
About super cancel, I think it is something cultural. If you are used to play PES since years, I guess it is something that is part of your DNA but for me it is certainly not an automatism. May be it was part of my DNA too during the PS2 times, but I had a long PES interruption and only returned to it with PES17.
Are we supposed to use super cancel in every type of situation in the first place? I mean is the game intentionally programmed for that?
I personally see the SC "combo" as a way to cancel an action that I don't want to complete any-more or to let go out of band a ball that I can't keep on the pitch, certainly not as a way to reset/avoid code traps.

My apologize if my post sounds profane to the purists.

Sorry I was trying to make a joke about the game, but I have a poor joke strategy. I make one funny joke out of thousand, so I need to do a lot of joke to finally manage to do a funny one.
Regarding the rails, I don't know what to think. The game even in full manual certainly doesn't feel completely free to me.
About super cancel, I think it is something cultural. If you are used to play PES since years, I guess it is something that is part of your DNA but for me it is certainly not an automatism. May be it was part of my DNA too during the PS2 times, but I had a long PES interruption and only returned to it with PES17.
Are we supposed to use super cancel in every type of situation in the first place? I mean is the game intentionally programmed for that?
I personally see the SC "combo" as a way to cancel an action that I don't want to complete any-more or to let go out of band a ball that I can't keep on the pitch, certainly not as a way to reset/avoid code traps.

My apologize if my post sounds profane to the purists.
Awesome reply, mate!!

I feel you. Fuma ain’t free as a bird, that’s for sure. Still the rails are there. And for my part, yes, SC is like muscle memory. I use it not only to cancel some stuff but in a lot of one on one situations. I’m not pacing around the pitch using it 90% of the time, like @Emroth once described it.
Just when “it’s needed”... think bob ross here.
It’s like how I use the team mate pressure feature somehow. Wisely.
You know, I’m elite. ;) ;)

Had some awesome matches tonight.
Switched down to regular (from professional) like @chiefrocka4real advised. Don’t know what it is... played Bayern and won 3:0 vs Schalke. 2:1 vs. Real and lost 1:3 vs. Barca. All matches so “organic”!
Good day for playing PES.
Have a good night and sleep tight. :) I’m off....
Played a few games on REG as well,did it on both 18+19,the best difficulty for sure.
But it gets to easy after a while.
But as long as you can play it,keep going!

Is scripting less in the league mode? still on pes 2017 so can’t test it myself!
It's definately less than ML but still there above top player.. Top player full manual is a decent challenge without being cheaty.. Saying that superstar can be beat as I've unlocked legend.. But legend full manual is hard work and most of the individuality is gone as the AI is too good

Played a few games on REG as well,did it on both 18+19,the best difficulty for sure.
But it gets to easy after a while.
But as long as you can play it,keep going!
As I play fuma only, it is still a challenge and fun. At least when I played the big teams last night (Schalke excluded :P ).
And i try to replicate football not exploiting the gameplay mechanics (only on free kicks ;) ), so this may add to the fun I’m having.
Today’s agenda: playing some minor teams and have a look at the keepers and “how much worse” they are at regular.
In between: watching the Rome derby tonight. And Tranmere is up against ManUnited in FA Cup afaik! ✌
Looks like a lovely sunday. :D

Last edited:
I just finished editing 3000 players in PES 2017, 3000 players in 2018 and another 3000 in 2019. I created another 3000 players for laughs and also did another 1000 instead of brushing my teeth.

nobody should ask me for stats of 3 players though.

its top secret.

As I play fuma only, it is still a challenge and fun. At least when I played the big teams last night (Schalke excluded :P ).
And i try to replicate football not exploiting the gameplay mechanics (only on free kicks ;) ), so this may add to the fun I’m having.
Today’s agenda: playing some minor teams and have a look at the keepers and “how much worse” they are at regular.
In between: watching the Rome derby tonight. And Tranmere is up against ManUnited in FA Cup afaik! ✌
Looks like a lovely sunday. :D
You read my mind,Lazio v Roma is on my schedule today as well,probably throw in Napoli v #juvemerda too.

Played three games last night with my newly started Lecce ML (lowest ranked in Serie A)
Roma 0-1
Udinese 0-2
SPAL 1-1

Very tough start, especially with 48 TS.
Yes house rules is something that I use When playing lower difficulties

Back
Top Bottom