eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

If you play genpress your players get tired quickly. For some reason Trent AA gets tired the quickest for Liverpool, followed by the midfielders - zer energy levels

Oh I wasn´t talking about mid match. I mean before the match, on your gameplan, specially before critical matches, my players are all tired, even the ones I haven´t use lately. It´s like some way of making my life dificult, just because.

Oh I wasn´t talking about mid match. I mean before the match, on your gameplan, specially before critical matches, my players are all tired, even the ones I haven´t use lately. It´s like some way of making my life dificult, just because.
It happens in periods of bad schedule, EG on October it has a 15 days-off due to two International friendly matches and sometimes it has 4 matches scheduled between 7 days. Also some of your player, in Liverpool case almost all of your players, are carrying fatigue due to international matches.

EDIT: Ignore the Liverpool part i mixed the posts. If there are more than 2 games in the same week, EG you play a game on Friday, then you have a game on Tuesday and you rotate some players that have fatigue. Then on Thursday you have a match. The players that were on bench from Tuesday will not fully recover their stamina.

Last edited:
The way the game chooses lineups annoys me.

I start a BAL save with the idea of playing for United.

Before I start the save, I make sure Rashford's, Martial's, and Greenwood's registered positions are LWF, CF, and RWF in that order (I changed United to a 4213).

I sim the first half of the season and sign with United. First match, Rashford is playing on the right and Greenwood on the left.

The game couldn't just leave them at their registered positions?

Yeah I never play anything shorter than 20 min.
Its to rushed otherwise
Well if you play 20 min then this shouldn't be an issue normally and you should see bigger scorelines sometimes and not always 1-0,1-1 etc.
But i guess if you play fuma like i think you do,then it still can be an issue because it's even harder to put moves together or score.
I always play on PA1 and basic so i don't have that problem.I don't like fuma because as much freedom as it may offer,it makes it that it's much more important where you point the stick in releation to the actual player stats.
If there was a 0.5 semi option though where the point of the stick and the player stats had a nice realistic balance between them,i would be interested to try it and maybe stick with it.

Well if you play 20 min then this shouldn't be an issue normally and you should see bigger scorelines sometimes and not always 1-0,1-1 etc.
But i guess if you play fuma like i think you do,then it still can be an issue because it's even harder to put moves together or score.
I always play on PA1 and basic so i don't have that problem.I don't like fuma because as much freedom as it may offer,it makes it that it's much more important where you point the stick in releation to the actual player stats.
If there was a 0.5 semi option though where the point of the stick and the player stats had a nice realistic balance between them,i would be interested to try it and maybe stick with it.
I played Fuma om Pes 16/17,but since then Ove moved on to PA0 and basic Shooting,advanced Through balls.
Can't believe how many shots that go wide,even in basic, especially ion lower difficulty.
To me it tells like a system to balance scorelines to be even

If I shoot 15-20 shoots,and only having 6-9 on goal and 1-2 in goal,with good players,im sceptical tw stats being used at all,or it's simply a scripting overriding everything.
A 0,5 option would be great.
Like FIFA's Semi shooting

Started to score some exciting goals finally, on top player.
25 and 30 yarders with de bruyne and a real belter from Mahrez around 20 yards out.
Seeing much less improbable keeper dives.
I also scored a very fifa left footed dribbler with sterling from 12 yards out. Was surprised as it went in quite slowly, along the ground and very close to the keeper.

Pes has just about kept me away from fifa the last week. The latest patch has intro'd an element of discovery again, through variety. It doesnt solve the on rails feeling etc but in many (subtle) ways, it feels like a different game to the previous patch. It's been opened out with a lot more happening.

Feels like it's going the way of pes 18 where by May, there may be a very playable game in there

I think it's funny how obvious the scripting on ML is when you're also managing an international team in your Campaign.

I have the exact same formation in the national team as I have in my club team and the games are like night and day. The national team games are much more exciting, random, dynamic, etc. etc. I managed to win the world cup in my TP ML save during the 3rd or 4th season. But I had a tough time staying on top of the league in that save, even with players who are, on paper anyway, significantly better than the players in my national team (Ghana).

I wish they would just stop all the scripting BS or at least tone it down more.

Feels like it's going the way of pes 18 where by May, there may be a very playable game in there

I've felt that about all of the recent ones tbf. Except 2019 which I couldn't stand at all. Still can't.

And this is why I wish the game stopped coming out yearly. I feel like the state of the game at the end of its life cycle should be the state of the game at the beginning of it.

I think it's funny how obvious the scripting on ML is when you're also managing an international team in your Campaign.

I have the exact same formation in the national team as I have in my club team and the games are like night and day. The national team games are much more exciting, random, dynamic, etc. etc. I managed to win the world cup in my TP ML save during the 3rd or 4th season. But I had a tough time staying on top of the league in that save, even with players who are, on paper anyway, significantly better than the players in my national team (Ghana).

I wish they would just stop all the scripting BS or at least tone it down more.

In my experience over the last few years, I've found international matches to be easier than club matches. Haven't played an international match yet in ML so we'll see how it goes this year.

As far as scripting is concerned, maybe TS works differently with international teams. Idk. If DDA does exist in the code, I don't see any reason why it would operate differently with international teams than it would with club teams. That would be an oddly specific stipulation imo.

Personally i just think the game is flawed and inconsistent. And said flaws an inconsistencies happen frequently.

And yet, I still somehow had a lot of fun last night playing it.

I trashed the BAL save and went back to the ML save. Played a few matches on TP and had a good time (despite don't glaring errors by my teammate AI).

I hope the good times continue.

I've felt that about all of the recent ones tbf. Except 2019 which I couldn't stand at all. Still can't.

And this is why I wish the game stopped coming out yearly. I feel like the state of the game at the end of its life cycle should be the state of the game at the beginning of it.

I was so bored by 19 too, it was just a non event.

Agree re the cycle. If you didnt like pes 20 at launch then this patch wont convert you but...I'd gone off it before this patch. Now there is so much more happening, ball physics, right stick animations, the feel and flow of the match and how teams move, so many small changes thay it feels konami have managed to unlock their own game. It shows how strapped for resources they must be.

@FShas yearly cycles suck tbf. They're stuck trying to work on things for next year's game while continuing to work on the current year's game. Time is a more finite resource than people realize.

2K makes it work because they have like 500 people working on it. I'm assuming Konami doesn't have 500 people working on PES lol

One of the best "workarounds" to enjoy this game, is time!

I haven´t touched it for around two weeks.
Played two matches and they were simply excellent!

But I know, if I start playing it for too long, the little things annoy me again.
I think that applies to me too, i only get the chance for a couple of games per night on average if i'm lucky. Some days it may be zero some three with having a young family and work commitments etc . But i really enjoy it when i do get the chance . And now my youngest has discovered spider man on PS4 that has taken over a bit

Are defences sitting deeper now? Feels almost impossible on top player to get behind them, play in between them. They always seem to be massed in front of you, even with klash tacs

Are defences sitting deeper now? Feels almost impossible on top player to get behind them, play in between them. They always seem to be massed in front of you, even with klash tacs

Interesting. I have default tactics and a lot of teams have deep defensive line and/or swarm the box.

I've still managed to get behind them though occasionally but yeah teams do a much better job of parking it in front of their goal this year in general I've noticed

Just edit every team's tactics to play a Higher line in Defence Options. That should open games up in certain situations. Playing the killer ball over the top to a fast CF is an important element for any football game.

Hey guys, how are you? Its been a while I dont play PES. I was hammering Dark Souls 3, then a though came to me. Without wanting to compare apples with tomatoes, PES its a very very good game but its far to have the loosiness I want.
You see, on DS 3 you can buid the caracter the way you want and you can finish the game. You even can finish the game without level up. It will be more difficult but it is possible. Theres is so much variations of builds, speed, strong, endurance and stuff and its visible and notorious. Its down to player adapt to the caracter restrictions and his skills. Anyway the game is fun!
On PES, the game have beatiful animations and lighing effects and sometimes it have beatiful moments but the gameplay feels very scripted on other times. You dont feel that you have full control of it. Ball control and agility feels very similar from player to player. Shooting on target too.
I dont know, perhaps Ive been playing Dark Souls too much.

Nice weekend everyone.

Hey guys, how are you? Its been a while I dont play PES. I was hammering Dark Souls 3, then a though came to me. Without wanting to compare apples with tomatoes, PES its a very very good game but its far to have the loosiness I want.
You see, on DS 3 you can buid the caracter the way you want and you can finish the game. You even can finish the game without level up. It will be more difficult but it is possible. Theres is so much variations of builds, speed, strong, endurance and stuff and its visible and notorious. Its down to player adapt to the caracter restrictions and his skills. Anyway the game is fun!
On PES, the game have beatiful animations and lighing effects and sometimes it have beatiful moments but the gameplay feels very scripted on other times. You dont feel that you have full control of it. Ball control and agility feels very similar from player to player. Shooting on target too.
I dont know, perhaps Ive been playing Dark Souls too much.

Nice weekend everyone.

I don't have a problem with the stiff feel of the game. The problem I have is defenders aren't stiff enough; too often defenders change direction without losing speed or balance and it's unrealistic. It's always been that way, but now that game more weight the defensive catchup speed and agility just stands out more.

Honestly if they toned that down then I think people would be more ok with the overall more weighty feel of the game.

Because I think it's ridiculous that dribbling is an ineffective as it is even when you do it right simply because defenders can just catch up to you regardless of your speed and agility on the ball.

The other thing that annoys me is the AI overall. Playing fixed cursor means my experience relies on the AI. It's fair to say my patience with this game's AI has run out.

Because I genuinely like the game. But I cannot stand these 2 aspects. Which makes it all the more frustrating.

Last edited:
Just edit every team's tactics to play a Higher line in Defence Options. That should open games up in certain situations. Playing the killer ball over the top to a fast CF is an important element for any football game.

And I suppose it's to the games credit that that does work...I'm just not sure I'm going to spend any more fixing this game...teams always retreating and tracking runs into their own six yard box really does endanger the enjoyment of the great final third attacking teammate AI.

Which means I'll be playing it another month because I'm an idiot who likes to get maximum value for the money I've spent lol

I have a similar thing. I'll play it beyond the point of enjoyment until I'm completely certain I hate it, just in case..

I'm on my 20th season of PES 18 and still finding different ways to score.

On PES 20 (and 19) I feel like I scored every possible goal after about 2 weeks.

Pass pass pass while you wait for through ball chance. Finesse finish. 90% of goals.

Konami

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

With the dreadful default tactics! This is Legend AI, Man City vs Barnsley.
https://open.lbry.com/@klashman69:b/theworstofpes2020:1?r=CpiE5yCEFTggmFmbbc3JXCRicicBgpWn

Unfortunately the kids seem to think winning on legend is impossible, fortunately many of you here know the true issues with the game, but it s time we make a serious point to Konami they need to fix up, especially with the Euro's coming up.

Their presentation of this franchise has been piss poor for to long. They do not test these enough. This is such a poorly crafted tactic, you can beat it just swarming on them sitting so deep!

Good morning guys! Quick question: when the EURO dlc hits, it will be a mode similar to League Mode, right?! Simple structure, no fancy stuff, no TS?!

What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom