eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I guess the keeper wasn't interested in picking up the ball

This was a pretty glaring issue in 2019. I've seen it twice now in the last 2 or so times that I have played. It's the kind of thing that would honestly stop me playing if it ended up costing me a match. It's one thing for him to shoot and miss. It's another entirely for the AI not to bother even trying to get into the box.

2 more games on legendary starting a new league with the tactic fix ..1st one is against city in charity shield final and I get hammered 6-1 and I miss a pen ..aguero (4)and steering(3) mater class ..then 1st league game is a 1-1 draw with a stunning late free kick to equalise for me

Tonight, Borja Iglesias, the footballer from Betis, will play as a guest on one of the full manual teams, SuicidSquadFM, in the 10v10 league:

I beleive he's going to play as himself? :LOL: With his Become a Legend player?

There are 8 full manual teams participating in tonight's event. We will play a one-day tournament, 2 groups.

Games will be streamed, follow:
https://twitter.com/WapesLeague

Kickoff time 2200 Central Europe Time
Hi ! Some Suicide Squad here !
I play for WE United we play agaisnt you in the last PESFMORG semi-finals

I hope Konami do more for FUMA / Teamplay community 💪

Guys as a member of the biggest Italian Pes community i ask you favour.

I know maybe it's gonna be "useless" but we've created a petition to try get back Stadium Creator in Pes.

If you would like to sign, i'll be more than happy...it takes you just 30 second

Here we are :)

https://www.change.org/p/konami-get-back-stadium-creator-in-pes

Thanks in advance guys :)

The closest thing to give feedback or suggestion is comment to this page.

https://www.facebook.com/pes.devteam/

It was more active when the game came out. So i guess the main goal was to get feedback on 2020 to put out fixes after release. The general feedback to develop the next year's game comes through that public poll or whatever you can fill around December/January. This page i doubt has anything to do to wishlist or future games.

As for 2020. I really hope in these next year:

Dont touch section:
- just dont touch the general gameplay, its kinda good
- just dont touch keepers, they are kinda good
- shooting can be more varied, but its kinda good now
- dribbling is good as it is

To improve section:
- just give an option to turn off team spirit in ML. cheating, momentum doesnt equal challenge
- work on the ai controlled player ID or what not, Messi have a player id like a keeper with the ball. star players are useless for the com
- seriously work on direct free kicks, they are game breakingly easy
- work on the ai tactic usage really, ai cant adapt to the games well. in PS2 games it could sub a defender for a striker and mix the formation, or come to the 2nd leg in a way more attacking formation if it was required
- work on the foul system ...like...really...
- improve the presentation the broadcast feel with ingame cutscenes, chants, option to add chants, whatever.

Last edited:
any suggestions on games to play to unlock legend mode please?

e.g. should I choose a 5 star team and play any old 1 star team on SS Exh mode - if I win 5 exh mode games in a row would that unlock it?

Edit : no worries - I just unlocked it.

Last edited:
I've been watching some people streaming the game online. They deployed this very ridiculous narrow formation and tactic with 3 CF, plus anchoring 2 of the CB and counter targeting 2 of the CF. Apparently it's the game fault that their player not covering spaces, not tracking the opponent and blaming the scripts. Geez.

It was more active when the game came out. So i guess the main goal was to get feedback on 2020 to put out fixes after release. The general feedback to develop the next year's game comes through that public poll or whatever you can fill around December/January. This page i doubt has anything to do to wishlist or future games.

As for 2020. I really hope in these next year:

Dont touch section:
- just dont touch the general gameplay, its kinda good
- just dont touch keepers, they are kinda good
- shooting can be more varied, but its kinda good now
- dribbling is good as it is

To improve section:
- just give an option to turn off team spirit in ML. cheating, momentum doesnt equal challenge
- work on the ai controlled player ID or what not, Messi have a player id like a keeper with the ball. star players are useless for the com
- seriously work on direct free kicks, they are game breakingly easy
- work on the ai tactic usage really, ai cant adapt to the games well. in PS2 games it could sub a defender for a striker and mix the formation, or come to the 2nd leg in a way more attacking formation if it was required
- work on the foul system ...like...really...
- improve the presentation the broadcast feel with ingame cutscenes, chants, option to add chants, whatever.
LOL, the don't touch section is sarcastic right?:PP
for general gameplay, you don't include the big gap between midfield and defensive line and the lack of awareness of the ball etc
kinda good keepers mean their superhuman reflex and super high jump animation
for shooting, it needs to be much more varied, I still see many repeated ball trajectory when they hit and miss the target
for dribbling, well the main problem is the ai response to it almost perfectly so its not that the dribbling is bad, the ai just need to be more human

LOL, the don't touch section is sarcastic right?:PP
for general gameplay, you don't include the big gap between midfield and defensive line and the lack of awareness of the ball etc
kinda good keepers mean their superhuman reflex and super high jump animation
for shooting, it needs to be much more varied, I still see many repeated ball trajectory when they hit and miss the target
for dribbling, well the main problem is the ai response to it almost perfectly so its not that the dribbling is bad, the ai just need to be more human

yeah good one, defensive awarness is a big issue, there should be much more interceptions. many times you can see players ball watching when the ball rolls just next to them. i dont mind the gap, just make more difficult to work your way up on the field.

as for the dont touch section, no im serious.i wish for just one year they would leave alone the core gameplay, not focusing on redisgn the ballphysics, dribbling etc but rather focus of the weak spots on the game. shooting was ass up to 2020 for example...for 5 years we had laser guided shots from any player also the instant goal button with the R2 shots. now we are finally have miss kicks as a feature

How the game was when first released/demo was a good base. Should have just made the AI less passive, more fouls and a few minor tweaks.

How we got from there to here I'm not quite sure. Could be however months of lockdown with no football game, which is why I've just gone back to the original version.

How the game was when first released/demo was a good base. Should have just made the AI less passive, more fouls and a few minor tweaks.

How we got from there to here I'm not quite sure. Could be however months of lockdown with no football game, which is why I've just gone back to the original version.
I dont think Konami changed this voluntarily, i think they had to sacrifice some parts to be able for consoles to actually handle the game because the demo feedback was good i dont see why they would change it, i think once ps5 comes out we will see the total football simulation

I dont think Konami changed this voluntarily, i think they had to sacrifice some parts to be able for consoles to actually handle the game because the demo feedback was good i dont see why they would change it, i think once ps5 comes out we will see the total football simulation

I don't think the console makes a difference in the type of game they want to make. Unless Konami decides to double the size of the dev team, they're still going to prioritize what they already prioritize imo.

We're never going to get a total football simulation because most players won't want that. Most players want fantasy which is why those gacha card modes see the most popular things ever.

New tech, or a new engine, means new possibilities. New possibilities doesn't guarantee anything tho.

I just want a game where i don't have to restart my ML every few weeks when someone discovers a new tweak to improve gameplay lol

Or i need a good enough PC so i can play it on PC and have all of the editing tools that'll make my life easier

I don't think the console makes a difference in the type of game they want to make. Unless Konami decides to double the size of the dev team, they're still going to prioritize what they already prioritize imo.

We're never going to get a total football simulation because most players won't want that. Most players want fantasy which is why those gacha card modes see the most popular things ever.

New tech, or a new engine, means new possibilities. New possibilities doesn't guarantee anything tho.

I just want a game where i don't have to restart my ML every few weeks when someone discovers a new tweak to improve gameplay lol

Or i need a good enough PC so i can play it on PC and have all of the editing tools that'll make my life easier
You dont think most players want that? We already have the fantasy arcade ping pong game in fifa dont you think konami would try to embrace being the real football game? If pes focuses on that we will overtake fifa, in the ps5 era

I've been watching much myClub stream due to the lockdown, but god these streamers they really do hate tight game don't they? Apparently keeping the ball, utilizing the flanks, cutbacks, anything that render their God-like 5 star squad are sins. Worse, you got their chat which is basically just enablers.

You dont think most players want that? We already have the fantasy arcade ping pong game in fifa dont you think konami would try to embrace being the real football game? If pes focuses on that we will overtake fifa, in the ps5 era

You know what tells me what most players want? Sales numbers and engagement numbers (aka number of concurrent and returning players). When was the last time PES beat FIFA in either of those regards? Have they ever?

We already have one ping pong arcade game, and yet PES has gotten faster and more open as the years have gone on. Because they're tailoring to what the majority wants. Because those gacha modes aren't realism. They are pure fantasy.

And you know what the majority is playing? Those gacha modes.

At best, you're going to see what you see now; Konami trying to find a healthy balance between realism and arcade. Balancing isn't easy to do.

Holy freaking crap. Idk what it is but this game doesn't know how 2 defend against 2 strikers. No matter what settings you use, your backline just retreats even in your own box.

I implemented @isureaper31 fix to my team to see if still impacted the overall experience. It certainly helped with how my team attacked but the overall tempo of the game was still very high.

Played at home against Bournemouth and my team was a disaster defensively. It's always like this against 2 strikers. It's all frustrating.

I guess I'll have to edit all the teams again. Which means I'll have to restart my ML save again. Once again, i really need to get this on PC.

I really want to like this game, but the AI feels so poor when playing fixed cursor

Holy freaking crap. Idk what it is but this game doesn't know how 2 defend against 2 strikers.

Been the case for a few years. One striker is enough to bamboozle two or three of your defenders, but two strikers resets the whole backline to factory settings

Ok I'm not enjoying Super Star at all.

I've only played two "competitive" games i.e. games counting towards my career mode and the other 6 or 7 games have just been practice matches as I get to grips with Super Star.

I've won about half the games I've played and I'm relieved to be conceding goals finally but I just can't handle all of the cheating and randomness.

I played Genoa and lost 1:0 after my striker missed an open goal and my other striker hit the post and their goal came from a ball over the top that my defender won and then randomly lost to set up a goal. In the meantime there were loads of random things including the ball bouncing off my players' backs and players standing still.

I replayed the match against Genoa and won comfortably 3:0 and I'd say I knew what I was going for only one of those goals: one goal came from an accidental through ball and the other from a deflected shot.

I generally feel like I'm not controlling what's going on. I don't play manual admittedly but still, compared to Top Player, things just seem to happen at random.

Another game I had my CB lined up to intercept a pass and the ball just went through him to set up a goal. Down the other end random rebounds and I shot from the edge of the box.

It's just not fun as passing moves are ruined by unforced errors and goals are conceded due to players freezing.

Any tips to counter the cheating and randomness?

The positive stuff in myClub at least tactical and correct positioning still matters. In FIFA UT you can get away with playing your ST as CM and vice versa. That's not gonna happen in PES.

Ok I'm not enjoying Super Star at all.

I've only played two "competitive" games i.e. games counting towards my career mode and the other 6 or 7 games have just been practice matches as I get to grips with Super Star.

I've won about half the games I've played and I'm relieved to be conceding goals finally but I just can't handle all of the cheating and randomness.

I played Genoa and lost 1:0 after my striker missed an open goal and my other striker hit the post and their goal came from a ball over the top that my defender won and then randomly lost to set up a goal. In the meantime there were loads of random things including the ball bouncing off my players' backs and players standing still.

I replayed the match against Genoa and won comfortably 3:0 and I'd say I knew what I was going for only one of those goals: one goal came from an accidental through ball and the other from a deflected shot.

I generally feel like I'm not controlling what's going on. I don't play manual admittedly but still, compared to Top Player, things just seem to happen at random.

Another game I had my CB lined up to intercept a pass and the ball just went through him to set up a goal. Down the other end random rebounds and I shot from the edge of the box.

It's just not fun as passing moves are ruined by unforced errors and goals are conceded due to players freezing.

Any tips to counter the cheating and randomness?
I´m having more time than usual so I´ve been playing a lot on my PSV master league on SuperStar, PA1. I got to a point where the BS is just impossible to accept. There´s a time on the calendar, where all matches are a strugling and chaotic battle to score. I create chances but everything happens to avoid the ball from entering the goal line. I like the challenge, but watching my 90 TS team getting destroyed by average and weak teams match after match is just painfull.
I moved back to Top Player and some teams are now too easy to beat. The derbys against Ajax are more forgiven now, and though I´ve been dominated, I won 3-1 thanks to an outstanding and unusual eficiency from my strikers. It´s clearly easier to keep possession, and noticeable how CPU defenders are more human like, making mistakes, and struggling to win the ball from a better player. Sometimes is too easy, yeah... but screw that, I´ll take it instead of the crazy war declaration that SS is right now.

I really want to like this game, but the AI feels so poor when playing fixed cursor

I've given up on it for now and am back playing PES2018 on fixed cursor. imo, it's the best PES experience there's ever been. I literally enjoy every single match that I play - such a difference to the frustration and anger when playing PES2020.

I've given up on it for now and am back playing PES2018 on fixed cursor. imo, it's the best PES experience there's ever been. I literally enjoy every single match that I play - such a difference to the frustration and anger when playing PES2020.

Yeah I'm playing 2017. Never stopped tbf. Although I'm thinking of looking for a copy of 2018 again.

The AI is so mistake prone in 2020. In the last 3 times I've played, I've seen:

-Lindelof turn away from the ball allowing Josh King to be clean through on goal.
-Pogba, without an opposition player anywhere near him, decide to make an off balance with his left foot cross field that rolls harmlessly to the opposition striker.
-Martial and Ighalo just stop sprinting when they were played in behind the backline with nothing in front of them but the keeper.

At some point, my patience runs out because I'm not having fun playing fixed cursor in 2020. And that's the point after all.

Back
Top Bottom