eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

To all the consoleros out there, I know we don’t have mods but what I strongly recommend(ed) is “modding” your audio settings.

I’m playing a lot with headphones (2016 BOSE OE) lately due to me owning a F-22 Raptor for a few weeks now (at least the engine sounds). ;)
It started with the goal of making the crowd noise more prominent and ended in turning the pitch sounds up.
Chants aren’t that good anyway in 2020 so I found more love in pitch sounds. I was a huge fan of goal post or goal net post ping sounds!! Call me crazy but the ball cutting through the grass is my new favorite now. :D
What a lovely little detail!!
Hit a hard driven low pass over 20 yards and listen. :D the crowd can be loud at times... so try a few.

Overall I like to hear boots connecting to the ball and stuff like that. You should give it a try!

D00B82F6-49E3-4C5C-A01C-39CCDB9BF0B8.jpeg

Might even bring a better result on PC.

To all the consoleros out there, I know we don’t have mods but what I strongly recommend(ed) is “modding” your audio settings.

I’m playing a lot with headphones (2016 BOSE OE) lately due to me owning a F-22 Raptor for a few weeks now (at least the engine sounds). ;)
It started with the goal of making the crowd noise more prominent and ended in turning the pitch sounds up.
Chants aren’t that good anyway in 2020 so I found more love in pitch sounds. I was a huge fan of goal post or goal net post ping sounds!! Call me crazy but the ball cutting through the grass is my new favorite now. :D
What a lovely little detail!!

Overall I like to hear boots connecting to the ball and stuff like that. You should give it a try!

View attachment 44888

Might even bring a better result on PC.
YOu know what dude. The commentary volume, even in max settings, seems since PES2019 to be recorded in a channel with lower sound volume than the rest sound. So even when i have all to MAX, i can hardly listen the commentator, in comparison with PES 2018 and previous, same TV, same settings, if i do not increase drastically the TV volume. An when i increase, i listen the commentator but i listen the background crowd random sound of "OOOOOOOOOOOO" in an annoying level!

Also i do not know if anyone has noticed, when playing against REAL MADRID in ML, in their home ground, (i do not know if this is hardcoded to Real Madrid or the generic stadium), but i am every 2~3 minutes hearing an isolated sound of Vuvuzela? or Trumpet? or someone blowing his nose? , or whatever, but it is obviously recorded in a different channel, with much higher volume than the rest sounds, maybe it is forgotten from an older PES pre-2018.

The result is everytime i play against REAL MADRID and it is quite outside, late night , etc, i everytime get confused that either my PS4pro cooling fan has some issue or a car outside my house is using the horn to make signal to someone.

YOu know what dude. The commentary volume, even in max settings, seems since PES2019 to be recorded in a channel with lower sound volume than the rest sound. So even when i have all to MAX, i can hardly listen the commentator, in comparison with PES 2018 and previous, same TV, same settings, if i do not increase drastically the TV volume. An when i increase, i listen the commentator but i listen the background crowd random sound of "OOOOOOOOOOOO" in an annoying level!

Also i do not know if anyone has noticed, when playing against REAL MADRID in ML, in their home ground, (i do not know if this is hardcoded to Real Madrid or the generic stadium), but i am every 2~3 minutes hearing an isolated sound of Vuvuzela? or Trumpet? or someone blowing his nose? , or whatever, but it is obviously recorded in a different channel, with much higher volume than the rest sounds, maybe it is forgotten from an older PES pre-2018.

The result is everytime i play against REAL MADRID and it is quite outside, late night , etc, i everytime get confused that either my PS4pro cooling fan has some issue or a car outside my house is using the horn to make signal to someone.
In 2017 the crowd sounds much better.
I’ll comment on that in the appropriate thread.

Edit: i just “heard” PES2020 is below 10 bucks in the store now. Could be a PS+ offer. Have to check.

Last edited:
In 2017 the crowd sounds much better.
I’ll comment on that in the appropriate thread.

Edit: i just “heard” PES2020 is below 10 bucks in the store now. Could be a PS+ offer. Have to check.
"heard it too", from someone asking if it worths. My final suggestion on that guy was to buy PES 2017, cause he skipped it!!! :P :P

On ML when does the script kick in and at what level - im on professional at the moment , default ML squads in Seria B and sitting top 4 points clear after 11 games - i have lost three games but i would say fairly. The top 6 teams are pretty good and the lower teams i am beating.

My last game i was 3-1 up after going 1 nil down, they got a pen and i got a red card 20 mins from final whistle- i thought here we go , but i saved it then last kick of the game made it 4-1 on the counter. My first season is going pretty good - my to youth signings are now chipping in with goals and assists too.

On ML when does the script kick in and at what level - im on professional at the moment , default ML squads in Seria B and sitting top 4 points clear after 11 games - i have lost three games but i would say fairly. The top 6 teams are pretty good and the lower teams i am beating.

My last game i was 3-1 up after going 1 nil down, they got a pen and i got a red card 20 mins from final whistle- i thought here we go , but i saved it then last kick of the game made it 4-1 on the counter. My first season is going pretty good - my to youth signings are now chipping in with goals and assists too.

Hey man, I am in my 3rd season of ML in EPL. I started up a ML back in october and stopped playing until a few weeks ago I got the urge to start it back up. I play on top player with a more zoomed in camera angle and I am enjoying it. ( i feel wider cams just show so much space--too much space cause of a big pitch is a legacy issue the needs to be addressed next gen) I have some vids on my twitter @bryan_footy and I'll be posting a few more clips. HDR is on so messes with the colors unfortunately.

I was using the PES Universe OF and they did some changes to tactics. When I play newcastle they sit back in a 4-5-1 shell and try to long ball counter. When I player liverpool they play a high line and 4-3-3 very clinical so have to play quick around the press. So the variation is pretty good. Some times I'll have a run of good matches where I am like "is this getting easy" and then all of a sudden I'll go into a rut but it rarely ever feels like scripting atleast to me on top player.

Superstar on the other hand just isn't for me. A certain Konami guy once told me to play on top player not superstar. top player stats still matter for the A.I. but on superstar stats don't matter their goal is to just make the game challenging and in turn you see a lot of scripting which is infuriating. Also on top player dribbling with skilled dribblers is still impactful. I found trying to do most 1 v 1 moves with a skilled dribbler on superstar a waste of time its like they know exactly what you are doing. I'll be posting some good dribbles today one with Pulisic to set up Odegaard in my ML was really nice.

Hey man, I am in my 3rd season of ML in EPL. I started up a ML back in october and stopped playing until a few weeks ago I got the urge to start it back up. I play on top player with a more zoomed in camera angle and I am enjoying it. ( i feel wider cams just show so much space--too much space cause of a big pitch is a legacy issue the needs to be addressed next gen) I have some vids on my twitter @bryan_footy and I'll be posting a few more clips. HDR is on so messes with the colors unfortunately.

I was using the PES Universe OF and they did some changes to tactics. When I play newcastle they sit back in a 4-5-1 shell and try to long ball counter. When I player liverpool they play a high line and 4-3-3 very clinical so have to play quick around the press. So the variation is pretty good. Some times I'll have a run of good matches where I am like "is this getting easy" and then all of a sudden I'll go into a rut but it rarely ever feels like scripting atleast to me on top player.

Superstar on the other hand just isn't for me. A certain Konami guy once told me to play on top player not superstar. top player stats still matter for the A.I. but on superstar stats don't matter their goal is to just make the game challenging and in turn you see a lot of scripting which is infuriating. Also on top player dribbling with skilled dribblers is still impactful. I found trying to do most 1 v 1 moves with a skilled dribbler on superstar a waste of time its like they know exactly what you are doing. I'll be posting some good dribbles today one with Pulisic to set up Odegaard in my ML was really nice.
The problem in TP is that some teams just can't play without the SS scripting/handicap.
In my ML I promoted Extremadura to Laliga, having gramps Tevez and a bunch of regents. I won all my matches against Barcelona. Although they are the most premium partner they seem to have the most dull teamID, it is like their ID is an alpha version of AI. Until 60' they were in neutral mentality, although they were 2-0 behind. Real MDrid and Valencia on the other hand, who are semi-official, seem to play better at least. They apply pressure from start, they are more cynical, usually killing me with a through pass from CB to CF and then super shield, pivot, shoot, goal, but at least after the auto 0-2, they start some creative plays. I have 0/5 against Real and 0/3 against Valencia and 5/5 against Barcelona.
Something seems really off with Com controlled Barcelona.

Long time, no post - I wonder if you guys can help me out with something?

I have had such a love/hate affair with the game this year; I am an offline player but have found the AI totally frustrating and inconsistent.

I'm desperate to give the game one more try with the Euro DLC this week, and wondered what everyone was using for their settings?

Maybe I am wrong and its all in my head, but the AI changes depending on your controller settings, right?

I usually play PA0, with auto feint off but the AI is so passive on Top player and superstar. Legend is unplayable on PA0.

PA1 is too OP for me, but the AI is a bit better but they're still only interested in attacking once they're winning

Am I missing something? Whats the ideal setup for a better AI experience?

I am on the PS4!

Any comments/suggestions would be great!

I have had such a love/hate affair with the game this year; I am an offline player but have found the AI totally frustrating and inconsistent.

I'm desperate to give the game one more try with the Euro DLC this week, and wondered what everyone was using for their settings?

Maybe I am wrong and its all in my head, but the AI changes depending on your controller settings, right?

I usually play PA0, with auto feint off but the AI is so passive on Top player and superstar. Legend is unplayable on PA0.

PA1 is too OP for me, but the AI is a bit better but they're still only interested in attacking once they're winning

I am on the PS4!

welcome back!

have a look at the tactics thread: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2020-tactics-discussion-real-teams-thread.80854/
works wonder!

try editing at least 2 teams as @klashman69 advises and see for yourself how this plays out on the pitch. i bet you'll edit the rest of the teams! :D

i'm a manual player myself (see my settings in the signature) but i'm not sure if changing your control method actually changes how the AI behaves.

Last edited:

I am on the PS4!

I use PA 1 Advanced shooting, basic through ball, auto faint off. Depending on what mode range in difficulties - custom cup mode SS, League mode with accumalated fatigue on TP and ML Professional in my first season
Ai does change and that's my problem with PA0. Number one it kills or certainly reduces stats and for the AI its more lethargic in my opinion. Much prefer PA1 but htat's a personal; preference and i was a long term manual fifa player.

I use PA 1 Advanced shooting, basic through ball, auto faint off. Depending on what mode range in difficulties - custom cup mode SS, League mode with accumalated fatigue on TP and ML Professional in my first season
Ai does change and that's my problem with PA0. Number one it kills or certainly reduces stats and for the AI its more lethargic in my opinion. Much prefer PA1 but htat's a personal; preference and i was a long term manual fifa player.
you dont want me to go and check that for myself, do you!? ;)
so if i i switch from PA0 (fuma) to PA1 (just that one setting), the AI will play different!?!?!?!?! really!? bit confused now! :)

DP7 is coming this thursday, right!?

in my opinion yes, im sure its been discussed before
. Best way to try is start a game and play 1st half manual 2nd half PA1

Thursday yes

welcome back!

have a look at the tactics thread: https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/pes-2020-tactics-discussion-real-teams-thread.80854/
works wonder!

try editing at least 2 teams as @klashman69 advises and see for yourself how this plays out on the pitch. i bet you'll edit the rest of the teams! :D

i'm a manual player myself (see my settings in the signature) but i'm not sure if changing your control method actually changes how the AI behaves.

Thanks, man. I edited two teams you was blown away with the difference, especially in the midfield. Guessing that's the deep line defence?

Still not overly impressed with the AI's attacking mentality with PA0, though. Tried Top Player and Superstar.

Do you find the AI attacking on Professional difficulty?

Thanks, man. I edited two teams you was blown away with the difference, especially in the midfield. Guessing that's the deep line defence?

Still not overly impressed with the AI's attacking mentality with PA0, though. Tried Top Player and Superstar.

Do you find the AI attacking on Professional difficulty?
yes, klashman's tactics really are stepping the game flow up!! i erased all deep defensive lines and set all teams to a minimum line height of 6! no all out defense either. its all frontline pressure. some teams i set swarm the box, but thats the only defensive tactic i activly set up!

i'm playing 2017 most of the time due to the tame AI in 2020. its all been said before... ;)

as a fuma player i stick to professional. but its not the control method alone that makes me choose professional. from top player and above the 2020 AI is too lethal in front of goal, imo! in 2020 its not that varied as it was before... AI counter attacks, AI solo runs, AI finishing: all lack some variety, imo!

Last edited:
Screenshot-58.png
Just for information when there will be some new fake screen of PES 2021...
They can't, due to licence issue, made a mini-face for some players with their kits. They can add every Fifpro players they wants, but not with for example, Espanyol or Burnley kits (as they don't get the licence, simply)

It's so obvious, why people still believe every year those fakes screens? Aren't they aware of the exclusivity/licencing issues?
They need something that fits for the whole game.

I personnally hate that visual. Player's posing is... Well, that's much happiness for a football match/opposition.
They're not supermodels ffs

didn't even know you could change setting mid-game. just seen that.

and all these years I've been testing different settings for 20 min games when I could've split the game up into sections. wow.

Edit : and you can even do it in PES 2017. double wow.

why the actual hell could not konami not have put the ability to change control settings somewhere more obvious like under system settings. I always thought this wasn't possible so I'd always go back up to top menu to change settings.

anyway, better late than never and thanks for discussing it here guys. it'll make working out what effect auto-feint on and off has for me.

Last edited:
Looks slow, if that is regular speed gameplay, I am all for it. Haven't checked in here for a bit, is the Euro DLC dropping with the update tomorrow?

@hitmanuk i played 3 matches last night swapping controls at half time as you said. i could not find the AI behaving differently. hm.
what i found (again): i just cant stand how restricted this game feels when playing PA1 and basic shooting! :Y1
the freedom of passing is totally gone now. without the manual modifier button it not possible to put a long ball in front of my players or lay a short pass of behind or in front of them...! it is so freaking restricted, feeling even more on rails. you always have to look out for possible obstacles in your passing lanes.
and that basic shooting!? :LOL: i had ONE shot at goal and it was a screamer mid high like the CPU does it... totally unrealistc speed and outcome! one of the goals i really did not enjoy!
second half i switched controls to fuma and the game could breath freely again! what a relieve! and the goal i scored manually after that was a blast!

anyway, i know i'll never go back to assisted settings (like id never go back to auto shifting in racing games). the game just looses soooo much options, possibilites and freedom, imo!
i'm nearly going crazy here believing that only a few players notice these massive differences!! its night and day!

sure, short passes aka tiki taka are much easier! ping, pong, ping, pong... but the same time they are restricted in where i play them. how lovely (even when much harder) it is to pull of only 1 or 2 give and go passes. rewarding! just rewarding!!
same when i do crosses: easy with PA1, hard to master on fuma!
i just dont want an easy game (upping difficulty settings isnt doing it), i want a challenging and entertaining ame (whatever dif level that is) that resambles real life football!

well, i said it all before, and my vinyl record is on a grind... ;)
and this is not a rant! i know what this game can and can not do! i'm just expressing my feelings and view on things! :D

EURO 2020 sleeves!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAA /s

I probs need to start showing love to logos, sleeves. and footballs cos I see nothing especially good nor different gameplay-wise in that video.

it'll all come down to how it feels to play.

Back
Top Bottom