eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

7ce93c4bbabb1d024366f549c62b2b0f.gif

As far as I checked, there were two cases having similar entry in SteamDB history, once the game has been released 1hr later, second time...day later.

Ok, basically one of the best friends of mine works for Steam UK and I had chance to get touch with him to find out what actually happened tonight and he rang me back a few minutes ago to confirm that PES 2021 seems to be too good this year, so EA Sports decided to hire someone to work for STEAM to remove it from the store on the release day so there is only one footy game available to buy/download this year!

EA knows how to play it!

#confirmedinfo

I can't argue with you, B - I absolutely get your point, too. It's something I mentioned recently in the FIFA thread (but I talk a lot of shit on here so it all kind of washes together - damn, maybe this place is a sewer after all):

This is something I'm thinking about a lot, lately - "settling" for the best we can get, rather than just not buying them.

But I just can't get past the faults (see my GIFs over the last few posts). There is something in my brain that goes - "if you can't get that loose ball because your player is on an invisible elastic band, then what is the fucking point in me picking up the controller". I can't get past that.

I'll keep hoping with every new release and every new patch... Because the best non-football game in the world doesn't stop me from needing a next-gen football game without these "glitches" or "cheats", whatever you want to call them. I just can't get past it - and yet a football game's all I want.

I want to virtually hug you right now mate and cross swords...I know that pain you describe. Let’s hope 2022 is finally decent or Sony/2k get in the market for an alternative.

I want to virtually hug you right now mate and cross swords...I know that pain you describe. Let’s hope 2022 is finally decent or Sony/2k get in the market for an alternative.
I'm not sure if you actually want 2k to put their hands on a footy game, with recent years it seems more as a deathwish, perception might change once they release next-gen nba2k21 later this year :P unfortunately only on next-gen consoles, no pc.

Hi guys!! Is collision and referee system same bullshit what it was 2020?? Are AI sliding still too perfect?? Is someone playing ML and are there same shit as 2020, scripting etc... :D

Looks like it is your personal crusader, right ? What are you trying to prove to people, who, unlike you, have played 2021 and can see that there are real differences with PES 2020? Come on mate, try it by yourself and then have a real debate here, you are better than that.
That's the reason I put those GIFs together - so that it's not baseless opinion, but based on actual footage where it's clear to see. Whatever you "feel" with the pad in your hand, doesn't change the fact that your player (and the AI player) will take steps towards a loose ball and then be dragged backwards as if on a string, for example (amongst all the other "quirks"). But your comment is fair. I just hate to see comments saying "X has been fixed" when a single gameplay video proves it hasn't been, which I have seen a few times, but don't want to quote those posts because it's seen as "ganging up" on someone, or "not letting them enjoy the game " (rather than challenging their statements). So... I'll leave it there.

I found a really good 2020 option file with 2021 squads and kits. Tempted to just go with that instead of buying this game.

Rex there really isn’t a massive difference bro It’s just subtle changes. Dribbling feels better same with right stick and collisions are less clunky in terms of stop-start animations and A.I. on superstar on exhibition is more enjoyable and less scripting but still scripting is there such as the passes to the CF turn and shoot but there is diff buildups and more long shots from A.I. and a little more dribbling in final third from A.I. (haven’t played ML but I sure the script is gonna be there in Full force like always)

if you like 2020 it’s a slight improvement gameplay-wise but nothing major and if You didn’t like 2020 it’s not for you. Depends how much those subtle improvements mean to your overall enjoyment.

I love dribbling. I’m all about dribbling with star dribblers so this is a bonus for me personally.

That's the reason I put those GIFs together - so that it's not baseless opinion, but based on actual footage where it's clear to see. Whatever you "feel" with the pad in your hand, doesn't change the fact that your player (and the AI player) will take steps towards a loose ball and then be dragged backwards as if on a string, for example. But your comment is fair. I just hate to see comments saying "X has been fixed" when a single gameplay video proves it hasn't been, which I have seen a few times, but don't want to quote those posts because it's seen as "ganging up" on someone, or "not letting them enjoy the game " (rather than challenging their statements). So... I'll leave it there.

All your gameplay points are valid and I agree with 100% Chris as well as the video proof you posted. I’m personally just looking out for you cause I know you’ve been foot game miserable forever and I just want you to find happiness.

shall we FaceTime our pussies later? I’m around

People are entitled to their opinions. For you guys loving this - I’m jealous. I’ve just played 2 master league matches and it’s literally PES 2020 with up to date squads.

what am I missing here?

Yep, still not available on Steam. Let's be prepared for less responsive version on PC anyway. Don't get overhyped by what you've read in here and seen on YT so far. It's a PC version, it's KONAMI, so as every single year - the game will be slightly different to PS4/XO versions. And then obviously within next 24/48 hours gameplay will change completely on all platforms thanks to 1.01 DLC ;-)
That's the first i've heard of this since the PC versions were identical to PS4/XB1 versions since PES 2018.

I just assumed the input delay and responsiveness issues were universal on all platforms for PES 2020?

All your gameplay points are valid and I agree with 100% Chris as well as the video proof you posted. I’m personally just looking out for you cause I know you’ve been foot game miserable forever and I just want you to find happiness.

shall we FaceTime our pussies later? I’m around
You're going soft in your old age! :D Thanks man. I'll find it one day. Hopefully on the next gen. Shoot me a message whenever you're free.

That's the first i've heard of this since the PC versions were identical to PS4/XB1 versions since PES 2018.

I just assumed the input delay and responsiveness issues were universal on all platforms for PES 2020?
I felt a difference (small enough to be placebo) with PES 2017, but not since then, as you say.

Back
Top Bottom