eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I was bored today checking out old games on ps2 emulator and tried madden 05 franchise mode man I wish I understood American football fully you could get lost in it for hours literally has everything you can think of pre season camp, players battling over starting spots build your stadium jerseys relocate your team to another city etc etc right down to the cost of parking outside the stadium for fans

These companies really used to care about single player modes that you could get lost in for hours of enjoyment such a shame how things panned out in sports games with online
Even LMA manager on PS1/PS2 had stadium creator, half time analysis by Alan Hansen and Gary Lineker, live cup draws, match highlights and all the usual stuff youd want from a manager game.

Just received the latest live update that was scheduled for today and they keep forget updating their partner teams. Konami is terrible. Playing mostly with the Brazilian league and all partner teams like Sao paulo, Flamengo etc are still incorrect. Pato still playing for Sao Paulo, an official partner club, even tho he was transferred about 4 months ago. Never again. Konami dont care. They did nothing on the latest update even tho on the changes its saying clubs has been updated. Nothing!

Just received the latest live update that was scheduled for today and they keep forget updating their partner teams. Konami is terrible. Playing mostly with the Brazilian league and all partner teams like Sao paulo, Flamengo etc are still incorrect. Pato still playing for Sao Paulo, an official partner club, even tho he was transferred about 4 months ago. Never again. Konami dont care. They did nothing on the latest update even tho on the changes its saying clubs has been updated. Nothing!

Isnt this always an issue for South America? Licensing is even more convoluted with those leagues and players.

new tutorial by @SpoonyPizzas :

i'm not a fan of those robotic set piece mechanics (that probably result in nearly 100% goals)! 100% "power" and LS up??? na, thats not my style! i dont like anything generic (control wise) that will have a success rate of nearly 100%. i hope you guys get me. ;)
i'm having fun finding "power"-bar and aim combinations that are different and will result in different outcomes.

i have a "special" way of striking free kicks for example. depending on the distance i aim up or down and then add some curl to it while the player is running towards the ball (45 degree angle (sometimes more, sometimes less)) from top or bottom). most users i know just hold left or right to the full extend and just focus on the "power"(60-65%).

or sometimes i lay it off to another player or try a lob behind the defense. what about low hard shots underneath the wall... its becoming forgotten i'm afraid. what about keepers corner hard and low? what about controlling the receiver?
there is much more than "just aim this one way and fill the bar that high"...

just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I feel you, PRO
These tutorials for glitches or to play in a mechanical way irritate me, but definitely there's a target audience: all the cunts you get to play online with their aspirations to get a million Konami coins so they can buy every version of ronaldo and messi available and "play like pro players".

I assume their secondary aspiration is to annoy TF out of people by destroying football by just playing some kind of pinball on the pitch.

PA3 and magical corner missiles, pff

I feel you, PRO
These tutorials for glitches or to play in a mechanical way irritate me, but definitely there's a target audience: all the cunts you get to play online with their aspirations to get a million Konami coins so they can buy every version of ronaldo and messi available and "play like pro players".

I assume their secondary aspiration is to annoy TF out of people by destroying football by just playing some kind of pinball on the pitch.

Hate the player not the game? I think in this case its the opposite, the game shouldnt allow exploits.

Hate the player not the game? I think in this case its the opposite, the game shouldnt allow exploits.
I mean, what? It's a bug, they didn't expect that. Its on the community bro. They are the ones making pes SHIT online. If you play this game full manual, it's a whoooole different game. But the people want this to be easy and accessible for everyone, hence assisted laser passing, laser shooting, makes for a bad football experience

I feel you, PRO

I think it's a bit of both honestly. You shouldn't exploit this stuff (like you wouldn't exploit infinite ball possession, for example) but at the same time developers should demolish lame things like these the moment they see them.

I think it's a bit of both honestly. You shouldn't exploit this stuff (like you wouldn't exploit infinite ball possession, for example) but at the same time developers should demolish lame things like these the moment they see them.

Well there shouldnt be infinite ball possession to begin with. The opposition should be able to press high, defenders should have less accuracy in passing therefore able to make mistakes. Of course high pressing should risk being open to counters. But we all know these principles dont exist in nowdays footy games to appeal to the mass. Its just all about that you spin speedy players in their gambling mode and thats it. So yes, developers fault. Players just want to win.

No wonder in real life football players dive and elbow, spit on others if the ref cant spot it. Thats the same case. Until there is room for these in any games let it be real or virtual people cheat.

Well there shouldnt be infinite ball possession to begin with. The opposition should be able to press high, defenders should have less accuracy in passing therefore able to make mistakes. Of course high pressing should risk being open to counters. But we all know these principles dont exist in nowdays footy games to appeal to the mass. Its just all about that you spin speedy players in their gambling mode and thats it. So yes, developers fault. Players just want to win.

No wonder in real life football players dive and elbow, spit on others if the ref cant spot it. Thats the same case. Until there is room for these in any games let it be real or virtual people cheat.

Theoretically you would be right, we should have something in which trying to play real tactics works better than cheaper stuff, however practically we have two games that don't reproduce a lot of way simpler fundamentals the correct manner, to expect them to develop a realistic exchange of pressing between two teams, nonetheless between humans, it's a bit unlikely, especially in this era.

In this specific case, it's not like it's the easiest thing in the world either. Real pressing works also strongly on the premise that players being pressed don't have the view WE have on the field while we play (at least in the most popular and used cams). To simulate this same sensation and to not have somebody feeling cheated by it seems like quite a task.

Not saying it can't be done better than it is (probably in some older game it was harder to exploit possession, but with my very limited multi experience I truly have no idea) or that people don't have a right to exploit online. If you play to win it like it's a moba or an fps then sure, go on and play the lamest. But that's exactly one of the reasons why most of us in the forum stay away from it.. cause it doesn't look a bit like football :D .

PES 5 had a fake German league, and then the DFL successfully sued KONAMI.

There's an article discussing the judgment, but I don't think you will be able to read it: http://sportrecht.org/cms/upload/06medienrecht/01/CaS_2009_S166ff.pdf
I need page 5 pal!! That’s where it’s getting interesting!! I’m plowing through that article atm but it’s a lot of justice/court jibberish! :CONFUSE:
any lawyers around here?! or does anyone know someone to ask on the side? Cant be that hard to get a non biased legal opinion in this day and age. I’m pretty sure there is at least one lawyer in the world beeing a PES diehard nut like us! :D

F7532FAE-9F9D-4E73-9778-C82DFFC69F73.gif

Last edited:
Nope cos Brazil is fully licensed and like i said those are partner clubs with Konami
So what? It doesn't work like this with Brasileirao clubs, no matter full licensed, premium partnerships, etc.
Has to do with KONAMI working strategy, League/players multidimensional licensing, different transfer windows, different starting date.

Checking from transfermarkt, a player there can change more than 3 clubs in two months, due to multiple short loans.

In short words Brazilian clubs, even this year will be at best 2 months behind in updated transfers, even after 22/10.
You will have to update them mostly manually.

Is there any advanced instructions/tactics you can deploy to remove the gaping holes in midfield? I'm assuming turning off deep defensive line and swarm the box may be the best bets.

when watching irl (edit: "in real life", not Ireland! ;) ) matches on my second screen while playing 2021... the more i think about it... to me its not the space given by the AI thats being THE big problem, its the awareness (for ball and opponent) and jerky movement (insta retreat for example) of players IN COMBINATION with beforementioned space.
if only the perception and awareness of my players allowed for a tighter marking, for more intelligent runs to cover lanes and space... it would solve some probs with the whole team shape behaviour, imo. it would surely change the way how the opponent AI is being able to play!

Last edited:
Is there any advanced instructions/tactics you can deploy to remove the gaping holes in midfield? I'm assuming turning off deep defensive line and swarm the box may be the best bets.
Id go for increasing compactness and if that doesnt help - changing defending to front line pressure to push defense up.
I wouldnt change advanced instructions. They usually mess things up.

Id go for increasing compactness and if that doesnt help - changing defending to front line pressure to push defense up.
I wouldnt change advanced instructions. They usually mess things up.

Ive found that using your attack /defence levels in game closes the space.

You essentially have three layers that determine the compactness of the field:

Level 1 / Formation: You have your set formation and fluid formation if it is switched on
Level 2/ Attack & Defence Settings: You have these set individually, they include pressure, line depth and type of play style
Level 3/ Advanced Tactics: You can set these on or off but you can tailor them for extra defence and attack styles like wing rotation and swarm the box

However, you also have a fourth which is attack/defence level of your team. This is the ability to push your team further up and be more attacking by double tapping up on the dpad or down on the dpad in game. This closes the spaces when you push a bit further forward but leaves you a little open to the counter. And it works both ways, you may notice the CPU adjusting theirs through the match, if their bar is on red they are pushing forward, depending on what you do can close the gaps and in some situations can change the way the CPU plays. Ive been experimenting with it as I haven't used it ever, its always been set to balanced.

try it.

Ive found that using your attack /defence levels in game closes the space.

You essentially have three layers that determine the compactness of the field:

Level 1 / Formation: You have your set formation and fluid formation if it is switched on
Level 2/ Attack & Defence Settings: You have these set individually, they include pressure, line depth and type of play style
Level 3/ Advanced Tactics: You can set these on or off but you can tailor them for extra defence and attack styles like wing rotation and swarm the box

However, you also have a fourth which is attack/defence level of your team. This is the ability to push your team further up and be more attacking by double tapping up on the dpad or down on the dpad in game. This closes the spaces when you push a bit further forward but leaves you a little open to the counter. And it works both ways, you may notice the CPU adjusting theirs through the match, if their bar is on red they are pushing forward, depending on what you do can close the gaps and in some situations can change the way the CPU plays. Ive been experimenting with it as I haven't used it ever, its always been set to balanced.

try it.
this is the one thing i use a lot! ...and i mean A LOT!! never want to miss it again. plus: its easy to change while playing! i'm currently playing without any advanced instructions, trying to set lower league teams up a bit deeper (but all front line pressure, no all out defense)!

dont forget the double press of digi pad forward to create a manual offside trap and holding the digi pad forwards/backwards to have your team get up higher or deeper!

Exactly, attack levels are often confused with mentality, but it actually means positioning. The higher the level, the higher the team stays on pitch, and more players join on ofensive actions. Obviously defending is the contrary, staying lower on the pitch, causing a big gap on the midfield

Finally got my 1st win on superstar fuma ..an 88th minute 25 yard top corner screamer by thaigo against at athletico. No other control method comes close in terms of excitement when scoring or even the build up and it's totally worth the effort

Exactly, attack levels are often confused with mentality, but it actually means positioning. The higher the level, the higher the team stays on pitch, and more players join on ofensive actions. Obviously defending is the contrary, staying lower on the pitch, causing a big gap on the midfield
I think what you describe is the same thing. Higher positioning + players join attack from CB+attacking actions= attacking mentality.
Where is the difference?

How many games did that take you?
Not sure on the question but that was about 5th or 6th game of the season with 2 draws and about 2 losses , never been hammered though and I've always come close

If the question is how long to learn manual I've been dipping in and out since 17 after being a fifa full manual.player.

This is my first year as exclusively manual PES as the reposneiveness makes far more viable . I probably did 10-15 games at professional .before.maybe 2 games at top.player and then.thought.go to SS as I want to unlock legendary

In my experience, the attack/def level determine the positioning of the players and how the team play for the AI. When the AI team has scored goal and want to keep the scoreline, they will turn to blue. Then the ai will pass the ball more at the back and vice versa if they are behind in goal. That is adaptive AI. Such a simple system by konami

Does anybody know why editing the gameplan in edit mode doesn't translate into a simple exhibition game/local match. I mean, I edit Man City for example, set the fluid formation, switch players etc and when I exit the edit mode and go into the game they are still using their old tactic.

Does anybody know why editing the gameplan in edit mode doesn't translate into a simple exhibition game/local match. I mean, I edit Man City for example, set the fluid formation, switch players etc and when I exit the edit mode and go into the game they are still using their old tactic.
Cause you play the exhibition with Live Update ON.
Press R3, switch it Off, in team selection screen

Back
Top Bottom